Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX Tires and Wheels

13»

Comments

• jammdjammd Member Posts: 2
    Lots of discussion here about changing tires to improve the harsh ride of a TSX. Has anyone gone in whole hog and downsized to a set of 16" wheels and 205/60 - 16 all season performance tires? A smaller wheel and more sidewall rubber should make a significant improvement in comfort. If so, what tire did you choose and what were the results. Granted cornering grip will suffer, but for some of us it may be a trade off we're willing to make.
  • copseyalcopseyal Member Posts: 36
    I went the same route and replaced the Michelin OEM's with Yoko AV4S. Reasonable price and I don't actually get concerned with driving when conditions arent ideal anymore. I have no idea who decided the Pilots were good tires in anything other than ideal conditions??? :confuse:
  • johnny420johnny420 Member Posts: 473
    They last a long time. :P
  • constantconstant Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a 2007 TSX with the A-spec suspension kit only. Once I drove a car with the A-spec, I was immediately sold on getting it. I am curious if anyone knows what exactly is in the A-spec suspension kit. I hear the springs are different. What about the struts, stabilizer bars, etc.?

I also opted to switch out the stock Michelins with Pirelli Zero Nero M&S 225/45/17's. Judging by this thread, there is no reason to go to find 215/50/17's or 225/50/17's. What is the rationale in going to 225/45/17? Thanks in advance for any responses.
  • fedlawmanfedlawman Member Posts: 3,118
    The A-spec suspension consists of shocks and springs only. The wheels and aero kit are added to the full package (and a huge waste of money IMO).

The rationale for choosing 225/45-17 over 215/50-17 is primarily because there are so few tire choices in the OE size. Adding 225mm wide tires to your search opens up a lot more selection - especially in summer compound tires.
  • constantconstant Member Posts: 2
    Fedlawman:

Thanks for the information. Does the dealer need to do an alignment after the suspension kit and 225/45-17's are installed? Thanks.
    Yes. The tires have no effect, but the drop in ride height changes suspension geometry.
  • jchan2jchan2 Member Posts: 4,956
    a certified-pre-owned 2007 TSX with 24,000 miles, and it appears to still have the original Michelin tires. I have a feeling they will wear down to the point that I will need new tires in about 6 or 9 months.

On TireRack, I see Continental ExtremeContact DWS tires for $119/each, Yokohama Avid ENVigor tires for $117 each, and BF Goodrich g-Force Super Sports for $122 each.

Any recommendations out there? The Continentals and the BF Goodrich seem to have pretty decent review ratings, but the Yokohama is a new tire and has no user reviews as of yet.
  • nj2pa2ncnj2pa2nc Member Posts: 811
    I replaced the original Michelin tires on my 06 tsx at 74,000 miles (thread was at 4/32 on all 4 tires. I have them rotated and balance every other oil change. I now have Yokohama avid vs tires-not overly impressed with them. My car now has almost 107,000 problem free miles. excellent car.
  • smarty666smarty666 Member Posts: 1,503
    I'm just curious, what did you keep your cold PSI at for all four tires that you were able to get that many miles out of them? I've never been able to get more than 30 or 40k miles out of grand touring tires and that is keeping them at 34 or 35 PSI cold?
    32 PSI when cold
  • billym3billym3 Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2010
    New to this site, looking to replace pilot HX MXM4 michelin radial XSE 215/50/17's with hankook optimo H727 using a 225/55/17 size tire. is this alright? Reviews seem pretty good, not to costly, very good snow and ice ratings which is needed for WV winters w/o changing tires and 100k on the treadwear (supposedly). don't think this size will affect to much other than spedo. Looking for any comments concerning fit, ride... also, bought certified used from dealed w/3k and owner had some extras put on so not sure if it has the upgraded suspension kit installed as mentioned as optional. How can I tell if this was added to the vehical? Owner also had the current tires put on so not sure if these are the stock wheels either.
    Thanks, very informative site!
    225/55-17 is a little big (both wider and taller than stock).

I'd look for a better match - either a 215/50-17 or 225/50-17. Lots of fine all-season tires to choose from in that size.
  • billym3billym3 Member Posts: 2
    Yeah, I was hoping to try the hankook's, I saw a post about the ratio being a difference between height and width, so thought it might be similar.
    Thanks for the input fedlawman
  • mnesmnes Member Posts: 1
    I need to replace a front Acura TSX chrome wheel which has been dented by a curb. Apparently it is beyond repair. My question is does anyone know an alternative to purchasing a brand new wheel for 500+ bucks at the Acura shop. The Acura tech actually suggested Ebay but is there a reputable company out there? Not sure I trust websites like 'Hotwheels" or the other internet companies...
    did you try looking on either the acurazine or tsx club websites.
  • robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    Try wheelcollision.com.

They refurbish wheels and my boss has used them for his Audi a couple of times.

They have a retail price as well as an "exchange" price.

Good Luck.
  • acuratwinacuratwin Member Posts: 8
    If you're in Chicagoland area Wheel Tech in Highland Park does a great job of fixing rims. I had my MDX "curbed" rim fixed and standard price was $110. Made it look like brand new. He has great website under www.wheel-tech.com
    His website says he can even "weld fill" if it is gouged too deep.
This discussion has been closed.