Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Avalon Interior

124»

Comments

• steve326asteve326a Member Posts: 58
    I recently replaced my dashboard lights on my 97 XLS. Unfortunately, I inadvertently cracked the left dash trim where left vent is literly in half. My heart sank to the floor. Does anyone know where I can get one without getting raped by a dealer? It's tan in color. Most boneyards here don't have any Avalons.

Thanks,
    Steve :cry:
  • tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,907
    My first place to start checking would be Ebay motors.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• absman2absman2 Member Posts: 1
    i accidently dropped my credit card in the slit between the top of the cup holder and the bottom of the elbow rest/compartment in the front seats. any suggestions on how to open up this center aisle? thanks in advance for any help
  • pronardkingpronardking Member Posts: 1
    looking for some seats leather
    t
  • radioguy1radioguy1 Member Posts: 5
    Looking at several 2008 "used" Avalons on the dealership's lot, I found 4 that are all low mileage vehicles..they also all have black interiors with black leather. A question that comes to my mind is just how hot would these seats get in the summer? I live in the Houston area, and even with a white exterior, I can't imagine sitting down on a nice hot leather seat. Does anyone on the group have such an interior? And does it get as hot as I think it might?

Thanks

Radioguy1
  • jstarmarkjstarmark Member Posts: 1
    I am attempting to install a bluconnect system. Does anyone have pics or instructions on how to remove the overhead console?

Mark
  • driver65driver65 Member Posts: 1
    did you ever receive any responses to your inquiry? I'm trying to hard wire a radar detector and can't get it out . After you remove the lens cover the reflector behind the bulb comes out. There are 2 screws behind it. From there I could not get the console out.That's as far as I've gotten.

Driver65.
  • finfin Member Posts: 594
    OK folks, here is an interesting problem. Perhaps someone has an answer....

2007 Limited, center console storage compartment, the one with the square flip up cover, located between the seats... open the square door and a card falls down behind the door. It disappears. To where? Ideas on how to recover the card? Remove the square door? How? :confuse:

Thanks......
  • savbillsavbill Member Posts: 1
    You'll need to remove the cup holder Panel Assembly. You should be able to do this without using any tools if you have strong fingers. Once you have the panel removed you can turn it upside down and shake the card out. If the item is small enough you can remove it from one of the access holes on either end of the door pocket on the underside of the Panel. I just had to do this to get plastic sunglasses out of the console. The throw-away kind from the eye doctor.

Here is a PDF with pictures:
    http://www.scribd.com/full/44674479?access_key=key-2ckvc9jszdpqccd7nuus

:)
    Thanks for the answer... I asked this question a year ago and got nothing 'till now. Again, Thanks. But my problem is the other door... the one covering the square storage bin just behind the cup holder area. Got any ideas on that one? Probably starts the same way and continues somehow....
  • 57red57red Member Posts: 1
    Someone told me I should check with the dealer before having my car waxed...never heard of such a thing. Anyone know if there is a problem having Avalon with "blizzard pearl" color hand waxed?
    My experience with three different Avalons, one of each prior generation (none Pearl color) was that the Toyoguard wax that comes with the car or from the parts dept worked best on each one. Many wax products are available and opinions vary widely on which common wax is best and what is the best way to apply it. But Toyoguard is easyon/easyoff and kept all of them like new if applied every few months. An occasional paint cleaner before waxing was helpful after about two years, not every waxing but maybe once a year.

The thing you do not want to do is buff hard on the clear coat and wear it down or put deep scratches in it with a buffer. Toyota paint is very hard but somewhat thin compared to say, Honda. The quality is there, thin or thick, do not worry. And never use spare Toyoguard wax on other cars as it does not work well, my experience. Hope all this helps......