Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Avalon Bluetooth

2»

Comments

• woodyawoodya Member Posts: 1
    I have tried to research various mfg'rs Bluetooth devices but seem to get stopped when I describe my sound system as factory installed JBL with navigation. Crutchfield Electronic has suggested a Kenwood amp model that would require bypassing the factory amp that is housed under the passenger's seat and a Bluetooth module that would plug into the Kenwood amp.This would be very expensive with no assurance that it would work. Has anyone had success in achieving Bluetooth on my model that would mute the radio when a call comes in, would use the factory installed mike and provide cell phone voice to all the speakers? Since the 2008 Avalon has Bluetooth function, I queried Toyota re a retro fit harness without success.

Thanks for any replies.
  • bgeaglebgeagle Member Posts: 1
    Clarence, I just bought a 2006 Avalon and was hoping you had installed the blue fusion device and would let me know how how pleased you were with the install. I have been searching for some installation instructions but haven't been able to find any. I want to see how others have placed the microphone. Also, how pleased are you with the operation of the unit?
  • eric5280eric5280 Member Posts: 2
    I need help! I recently purchased a 2011 Avalon with navigation. I successfully paired my Blackberry 8100 cell phone. I also successfully transfered over my contacts. The problem is the caller ID. My cell service carrier says that the FCC now requires all caller ID on cells to show the country code, which in the USA is the number 1 in front of the 10 phone number digits. My 1000 phone contacts (that sync with my Outlook on my computer) do NOT have the 1 put into the database. The cell phone carriers solved the caller ID problem and thus on my cell, the caller ID still matches up the persons name with the caller ID phone number, and ignors the 1 that the phone service puts in. They did this so a user would not have to manually change 1000 contacts by adding the 1. However, the car contact database does not do this and thus because the caller ID has the 1 in the number, it fails to match it up with the contact in the car contacts database. I have tested this by manually changing one phone number in the car. A very tedious process that you have to completely delete the phone number and reenter it. Once I did this, the caller ID does work correctly. So, I need a global fix or software fix for the car. I have spoken to my service provider, the toyota dealer, toyota customer care, toyota "lets talk" blue tooth customer care and the blackberry phone manufacturer. Each is pointing the finger at the other. Help?
  • eric5280eric5280 Member Posts: 2
  • tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,900
    You mentioned that you sync your contacts with Outlook. The easiest way IMHO would be to change them in Outlook. If you click on the contacts tab and do a view by "Phone List" you can edit the phone #s without opening each contact.

I would do maybe a 100 or so at a time and when they are all done sync your phone and be good to go. It is a bit tedious but in the long run will save you time talking to many people on the phone who only want to blame the other person.

After the phone is squared away, delelte the entire contact list in the car and resync phone to car.

This is really the only way I can see to do this. Toyota isn't going to change the software.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• bigbill7bigbill7 Member Posts: 4
    How did you transfer the contacts? I get partway through the process but get the message while it says "Transferring Contacts"to "Please operate the phone." How do I do that?
    I have paired my Motorola phone to Bluetooth in my new Avalon. When I try to transfer my contacts it says "Transferring Contacts" and that I should "Please operate the phone" and the screen freezes. How do I do that at that point?
    I have paired my Motorola phone to Bluetooth in my new Avalon. When I try to transfer my contacts it says "Transferring Contacts" and that I should "Please operate the phone" and the screen freezes even though I do make a call using the phone. Any help?
    I have an old Motorola RAZR V3 but am not able to transfer my contacts. I get to a "Data Transfer" screen which then says "Transferring contacts" and "Please operate the phone." I try to make a call but nothing happens and the system then freezes and no contacts are transferred. Any ideas
  • flossie13flossie13 Member Posts: 1
    found what seems to be the ideal solution. SET never answers or call back! Wow! for such a great product (Toyota Brand) I am disappointed in this gross neglect of service. Anyway here goes a link to a part which they say is 100% compatible with or w/o Navi.

http://www.hfvt.com/content/page/catalog_product/id/338/HF_TOY_JBL2_AMP.html