Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet Cavalier Modifications

morfusafmorfusaf Member Posts: 3
edited April 2014 in Chevrolet
I want to change the style of my cavalier :shades: . I am currently considering... these... Body kit(MUST)(including side fenders), Paintjob (simple but not plain), lambo doors, entire interior redone.. (blue and black or blue and orange)(currently ugly tan color on blue car), and possible turbo or nos kit.. :confuse:

Here is my questions..
1.)How hard is it to paint over the plastic type material (dashboard, door handle, steering whell, and such)and what kind of paint will iI need? and what preperations? I want every peice of the inside either Black, Blue, Orange... Including carpeting.

2.) I don't nessesarily want to buy new seats but i want to change the material on them... is this expensive to have done and where could i have it done(i live in OKC)(would i have to send them off?).. I want a Small custom design (super simple) if possible.

3.)I found blue carpet for the interior, However it just covers the floor board not the carpet in the rear dash or on the doors... Where could i find these?

3.)I want the roof to also be changed what type of place might do this and how expensive?

4.)And last question of today... I heard it was possible to have a NOS kit added to a car.. say a "100 shot" that only is used when you have the gas pedal fully pressed. (this 100 shot i heard about does that means it adds 100HP? and how expesive is this to buy/have put in. and where can i find this...

I have a friend who owns a shop and will be able to help with lots of the installs say the nos kit or turbo.. and body kit.. but the paint i gota do or have done.. I really want to do the painting of the interior my self if it isn't to hard to do a good job..

Thanks... Morfusaf *just hanging in the desert*

Comments

• morfusafmorfusaf Member Posts: 3
    I want to change the style of my cavalier . I am currently considering... these... Body kit(MUST)(including side fenders), Paintjob (simple but not plain), lambo doors, entire interior redone.. (blue and black or blue and orange)(currently ugly tan color on blue car), and possible turbo or nos kit..

Here is my questions..
    1.)How hard is it to paint over the plastic type material (dashboard, door handle, steering whell, and such)and what kind of paint will iI need? and what preperations? I want every peice of the inside either Black, Blue, Orange... Including carpeting.

2.) I don't nessesarily want to buy new seats but i want to change the material on them... is this expensive to have done and where could i have it done(i live in OKC)(would i have to send them off?).. I want a Small custom design (super simple) if possible.

3.)I found blue carpet for the interior, However it just covers the floor board not the carpet in the rear dash or on the doors... Where could i find these?

3.)I want the roof to also be changed what type of place might do this and how expensive?

4.)And last question of today... I heard it was possible to have a NOS kit added to a car.. say a "100 shot" that only is used when you have the gas pedal fully pressed. (this 100 shot i heard about does that means it adds 100HP? and how expesive is this to buy/have put in. and where can i find this...

I have a friend who owns a shop and will be able to help with lots of the installs say the nos kit or turbo.. and body kit.. but the paint i gota do or have done.. I really want to do the painting of the interior my self if it isn't to hard to do a good job..

Thanks... Morfusaf *just hanging in the desert*
  • halscahalsca Member Posts: 15
    I don't know much about the other stuff but I would think twice about adding NOX unless you do some major reworking to the motor's lower end.

Remember GM did not design this motor for racing only 'freeway commuting'. It has potential but I don't think it could handle that sort of added stain for very long.
  • gmoudygmoudy Member Posts: 67
    Since you didn't inform us as to the year and size of engine you have in your Cavy, it is hard to say that you can run a 100 shot on a stock engine. I do know a few folks that have done it, but they had Ecotec engines and one person had a 2.4L. To give you a safe answer, you need to tell us your engine year and size.
    To answer your other question, yes 100 shot gives about 100hp.
  • morfusafmorfusaf Member Posts: 3
    Its an EcoTec 2.2L, year 2003.what is the price for the 100 shot while gas pedel fully depressed system? :confuse:
  • gmoudygmoudy Member Posts: 67
    If that 2.2L Ecotec was kept in great condition, you should be able to run a 100 shot with stock internals. The price varies from system to system. It also depends on whether you do a wet system or a dry shot. Search the internet for the information you need and then make an informed decision on what to buy. Most people that go with NOS use a wet system. It's safer at the higher shot range. Again, search and research before you buy a system.
  • gypsyrosegypsyrose Member Posts: 1
    i have a 2001 cavalier its a hardtop four door cavy, but i've always wanted a sunroof not those retractable kind just the solid glass. all i want is to let the sun in . so my question is if it's possible to do that, do they sell kits for that and how much would it cost me.
  • car1902car1902 Member Posts: 1
    I just got my 2002 cavalier, and I have seen on car domain a bunch with colored dashboards and colored vent covers and random crap that is modified to the interior, how could I do that to mine, do I have to buy it that way somewhere or do I have to take it off and paint it that way? and if so what paint do i use because the ones i looked at didn't look like vinyl they looked like plastic, I have no idea! and also does anyone know how to get the grille off...they look like they come off but I don't know how, I wanted to put a mesh one in...and finally I need to know how to get the back speakers out...help!!
  • marisa22marisa22 Member Posts: 1
    I know it's been about a month since you posted this, but I saw you hadn't had any replies. If you want your vent covers and dashboard to be "colored" all you have to do is get some Vinyl and Fabric paint. Just go to an auto zone or advanced auto and it comes in different colors. You will have to take it off. I'm not sure about how to get the grille off or speakers out. You might be able to just take the carpet that's on the back behind the seats and lift it up. I'm not sure how easy it is to do in a cav. I haven't really messed with mine yet, but I hope you can figure it out.
    -Marisa
  • beeefbeeef Member Posts: 2
    Hi I have a 2002 Chevy Cavalier that I recently had a buddy who works at an auto shop install the white/blue illuminated gauges over my factory OEM gauge. All this process included was sliding the needles thru the holes in the new gauge, but while trying to slide each needle thru the holes we had to move them slightly, which leads me to believe that that thru off the calibration to my gauges? The only gauge that is correct is my Fuel gauge. My speedometer drops all the way down when i start my car, leaving me about 15 mph slower than I am actually going. My RPM gauge is about 600RPMs slow and my temp is about a 1/4 low. If anybody has any idea on how to recalibrate or what might be the problem please help! I cant risk another speeding ticket or afford to pay 475$ +80$ labor to have a new cluster put in.
    Thanks
    Keith
  • beeefbeeef Member Posts: 2
    Please respond with any information as it may be helpful in fixing my problem. :cry:
  • gonogogonogo Member Posts: 879
    No help. Just another reason to never mess with the gauges, trouble 95 % of the time.
  • wheresmyvettewheresmyvette Member Posts: 4
    sounds like you just made yourself need a new instrument cluster. remove the lights first see what happens then if it still acts up, bring it to the dealer and get a new i.p.c. the clusters at my dealership run around $250.
  • hatefulhateful Member Posts: 4
    if your just after the info rather than the looks, just order a ScanGaugeII from $150 to $170. You can have four reads of water temp, RPM, MPG,MPH, GPH( gallons per hour).It just plugs into the ODM. It's only about 4"X2".Also a lot of trip info recorded. Mileage, Max ,water temp,speed and RPM's for current, today or tank( of gas).There are more functions I never tried.Also reads codes.
  • spiglesspigles Member Posts: 2
    man im in the middle of renewing my car and the carpet im doing it in black but the doors, roof and back dash im doing them in black vinal u can find that at a local fabric store or on EBay

and for the inside paint i ordered from JCWhitney.com
    it took me about 2 weeks to paint them all
    but im not painting the dash i ordering a new one from EBay that is already black so the sun dont bake it

u could probaly get the fabric 4 your seats and do it yourself again im ordering seats from JCWhitney

and for the nos kit i wouldnt do it the turbo would be better than the nos

taking ur seats in and out is eazt the are only help in by 4 screws
  • spiglesspigles Member Posts: 2
    put hollagen light on my 92' cavalier and the brights light wont go off.
    could i of hooked them up wrong???
  • mpjd327mpjd327 Member Posts: 1
    Hey. I have taken my whole dash apart a few times to install a new radio and do various things. All you need to do is push it to the correct place. Be very careful when you do this. For example, for the Spedometer push it to like 100 or so MPH, then move it in reverse to 0. If you go further then start over. You can feel resistance when moving them. Hope this helps, let me know if it doesn't or if you need more info.
    Mike
  • tjstocktontjstockton Member Posts: 1
    So I'm close to purchasing a body kit for my '05 Cavalier. I'm just wondering if anyone else has purchased a kit online or had any advice as far as who to trust? I found a pretty decent looking kit (fiberglass) for approx $500 after shipping. Doesn't seem like a bad deal, but is it too good to be true?

A local retailer priced a JDM kit for me at $600 so I'm thinking this kit I found online might actually be legit. My Cav is stock blue, but I'm considering changing the paint scheme (when I add the body kit) to Honda's "Supersonic Blue Pearl Clearcoat" any thoughts on that?

I've already got my wheels, which are black with polished aluminum accents (18" XXR) and I'm thinking of also adding JDM Black Altezza Taillights, because I think that would help accent the wheels. Finally, I've also recently found Euro Black Headlights, but there doesn't seem to be much difference between the stock headlights and these Euro's, except instead of having an amber-colored center light, it's clear... Not sure if it's worth the investment ($140-$160).

Anyway, just looking for someone who may have already done anything similar, because I wanna make sure I do this right the first time around. I'm not rushing into this by any means... so any advice, suggestions, or input would be appreciated.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.