Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

MINI Cooper: Problems & Solutions

14567810»

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    You weren't "reprimanded". You were advised not to post your phone # and e-mail in a public message board because of threats by software "spiders" that collect e-mails and because of possible invasions to your privacy by telemarketers.

I strongly advise everyone here to NEVER post your private information in a message box.

This is why Edmunds created a "profile" for you, as well as the www.carspace.com website, which gives you your own mailbox and allows you to regulate whom you communicate with and vice-versa.

You can consult your membership agreement or e-mail me if you need help with the rules about privacy or conduct issues.

best

MrShiftright
    Host
  • minidivisionminidivision Member Posts: 2
    I'm with MINI USA. I've passed this message on to a MINI National Customer Relations Representative who will be in touch with you soon.
  • marty13marty13 Member Posts: 6
    Dear Sir,
    I thank you for your concern, but Mini International and Prestige Mini of NJ could care less, as both have taken the position that this is an “uncommon problem”. Their total disregard of the facts is almost unbelievable. This is caused by the fact, that their primary concern is sales and not service. They both failed to ask for the physical evidence (phone records, dealer records, Insurance Co. records).

1- They fail to acknowledge that a 28 day turn around for a damaged vehicle is unacceptable.
    2- They fail to acknowledge that the engine was never examined for two weeks. When they finally did examine the engine, the damage was discovered, and they again called State Farm. This fact caused a massive delay, when State Farm was forced to return a second time.
    3- They failed to acknowledge the fact that I personally had to intercede with both the service dept. and the insurance company to get anything done.
    4- Worse yet, they fail to acknowledge that the car was running poorly (rough), once it was returned to me. (From the factory, the car ran great, all the time. Once returned from the dealer, it was very rough on initial start up, and when the RPM would drop at stop lights). If I returned again to the service department, I feared another 28 day delay.
    5- They still do not understand what a co-pay check is! Their almighty dollar was guaranteed.
    6- Every other car company/dealer I have every dealt with, always had a loaner car, or rental car on hand. Not Prestige Mini.

In closing, I must admit that the Mini S (dollar for dollar) is possibly one of the finest cars ever made. However, if you work for a living (mortgage, kids in college), then Mini is not for you. Mini International’s response to me implied that this was an “uncommon problem”. Well, if the dealer only knows how to do oil changes and tire rotations in a timely fashion, then I guess it is “uncommon”. But if you need “real repair”, you can not depend on Mini International/Prestige Mini to manage it in a timely fashion.
    Regards Marty 13
    Mini admits they have a service problem in NJ, but it's much more then coffee and the waiting room. They need to get ride of the high end BMW attitude.
    To bad they never admitted this to me. Not one letter/phone call of apology.
    http://motoringfile.com/2006/08/26/mini-looks-to-improve-service/
    MINI Looks to Improve Service
    Sections: In the Press Aug 26th, 2006
    Service. Ask any MINI owner and you’re likely to hear both good and bad tales. For a brand new car and brand new company it’s certainly an understandable issue. However for BMW and MINI, anything less than good was unacceptable. This week’s Autoweek covers MINI’s effort to make the bad service good and the good service great. Here’s an excerpt:

“When we first launched, we knew we had had a good brand and purchase experience. But Mini owners felt they were second-class citizens in the service area,” says Richard Steinberg, manager of aftersales and product strategy for Mini, in Woodcliff Lake, N.J. “We were getting dinged by quality at the service level.”

The shared service areas were a fact of life Mini had to deal with, says Steinberg. “We knew we could not do brick and mortar,” he says. “So we looked at facilities, personnel and branding.”

Even the waiting area made a difference, he says.

“A lot of the Mini guys didn’t like waiting in the white-and-gray BMW area watching the BMW guys watching CNN, so they’d wander back into the Mini showroom.”
    chloefiddle - after my experience with mini cooper, i would look for another car. Marty13
    Thanks again, but Mini "does not care". Sales is their only concern. $$$$$. If Mini cared, this never would have happened in the first place. marty13
    Sorry to hear about your problems but we'd like to keep the forum open to solving issues and exhanging information, so once you've posted your complaint a time or two please refrain from "brand-bashing" with a lot of repetitive posts. We appreciate your disappointment and frustration but other people, especially newcomers, need space and time here to present their own issues, and to form their own opinions about the MINI.

Of course if you make progess with your MINI problems, please let us know the outcome.

MrShiftright
    Host
    Sorry, but that's the issue, I have made no progress. I will stay off your site, thanks for the time to vent. Marty
    good luck Marty, come back anytime and hope something good comes out of all this for you.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    Please go to the group top level and create a discussion that fits your comments/questions or post in an existing discussion.

MINI Cooper
This discussion has been closed.