Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Chevy HHR Suspension Questions

smogdungsmogdung Member Posts: 349
edited May 2014 in Chevrolet
Anybody see the Car and Driver article where they pitted a $26,000 fully loaded 230HP PT against a $19,000 1LT HHR...the HHR had the 16s and no sport suspension ...yet it matched the $27K PT Turbo in the lateral acceleration #s...shame they didn't pick a 2LT with the 17s and sport suspension in the comparo.

Comments

• Options
    frankactfrankact Member Posts: 6
    Isn't the HHR based on the Cobalt suspension? The PT is based on the Neon suspension. That's nothing to brag about :)
  • Options
    poncho167poncho167 Member Posts: 1,178
    The HHR is based on the Cobalt/Ion suspension which is a rather good suspension that is tight and rides very well. The Neon according to the write ups has a descent suspension but not quite as good as the Cobalt's.
  • Options
    bgmtktbgmtkt Member Posts: 1
    I purchase a HHR 07 and when I put on brakes, I hear a clunk sounds as if a can is rolling around. I took it back to the dealership and they said the rear plate was loose. I still hear the noise and i took it to two other dealership and they said it fuel sloshing in the tank. Does anyone else hear this sound when they put on brakes.
  • Options
    dkrobsondkrobson Member Posts: 1
    Our 2008 sound lke that it was coming from the front. The dealer ended up changing to a reengineered suspension link. After numerous trips to the dealer they were able to sopt the noise.
  • Options
    87silver87silver Member Posts: 9
    Not a peep out of mine, but I have the FE5 suspension package.

[IMG]http://enthusiastworld.com/g/albums/userpics/10262/HHR_SS_Ft_Ext.jpg[/IMG]
  • Options
    proswaniproswani Member Posts: 2
    My 07 HHR LS makes a horrible pop from the front suspension, but only on really cold mornings and only on the 2 mile dirt driveway I have to traverse every morning. My dealer, and all suspension places are 50 miles away, where it is warm and smooth, so no one can recreate the sound. I assume it is a rubber or urethane piece that shrinks in the cold, and returns to normal whenever anyone looks at it. Anyone else have a similar problem??
  • Options
    driver84driver84 Member Posts: 1
    Have them to check stabilizer bushing or stabilizer.
This discussion has been closed.