Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Kia Rio Accessories & Modifications

hzmahzma Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Kia
Hello, I'm new to this forum, I was just wondering... does the Rio come with a navigator system? Do you know if its any good? and how much is it?

Thanks!

Comments

• dakota29803dakota29803 Member Posts: 56
    There is no mention in the brochure about a nav system. I doubt that they offer one.
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    No nav system in the U.S., but Hyundai/Kia offers nav on most of their models in Korea and other countries, so it is possible there is an aftermarket nav system that will slide into the dash. If not, there are of course portable aftermarket systems.
  • danharrisdanharris Member Posts: 9
    Kia Canada offers aftermarket Nav systems that are a dealer install.. Don't know about US though.
  • willpakwillpak Member Posts: 3
    My name is Sergio and I work for a company in Canada named Willpak Industries Inc. and we supplied KIA Canada with their Rio Tuner Spoilers from 2000-2005.

This spoiler was only available in Canada and a limited production of 500. However, the demand for the spoiler has been so big (some people have got theirs stolen!) that we decided to run another production program.

Since this space is for KIA cars, I believe my product could be of your interest.

If there is someone interested in them, please send me your e-mail so I can show you pictures of the spoiler.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,

Sergio Castellanos
    What about replacing the spoiler with a better one.. 6 or so Rio tuners that I know of the spoilers have all cracked at the mounting bolts.. So if your the company that made them are you going to warrenty them also?
  • willpakwillpak Member Posts: 3
    Hello Dan,

Personally, we have not have any complaints about our spoilers. By the way, where did you buy the spoiler? Are you in Canada?

With regarding to replacing the spoilers for a new one for you, unfortunately I cannot do that, based on the fact that I did not sell it to you. Although, you should talk to the person or the company that sold you the spoiler.

Moreover, I am sorry to hear that you had trouble with the spoiler (no idea if is mine or not), however, one possible reason for why the spoilers had cracked at the mounting bolts is because they might have been used as handles to close or open the trunk.

We have a 90-day manufacturer's warranty on the spoiler. I hope that you are interested in buying a new one of them and please tell your friends if they want one too.

Sincerely,

Sergio
    First it is a Tuner Rio.. So from your conversation above it would be your spoiler.. Secondly the only person that goes into my trunk is myself, and the spoiler is never used to open the trunk.
    Thirdly I know about 15 people with Rio Tuners where the spoilers have crack in the exact same spots as mine, some of the even cracked on both sides.

Kia has already replaced my spoiler under warranty which was not what I would have liked to have happen, as I purchased an EVO VIII carbon spoiler and asked them to paint it under warranty instead of them buying a new spoiler and painting it. That never happened, so I am stuck with the same junk spoiler which is going to crack again, but next time I will be out of my warranty period.
This discussion has been closed.