Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

New Camry Owner Reports

2»

Comments

• drjamesdrjames Member Posts: 274
    hey eroc69, I'm glad to hear you're enjoying your new Camry so much. As for the the uncomfortable feeling you are experiencing with the seating/gas/break pedal... you are the second person I've heard of experiencing such discomfort. The first person was able to resolve any discomfort by mimmicing the seating position in her previous car. Though I am sure you have tried various seating positions, there wasn't very much the service guys can do. For your upcoming trip, only I can say for now is use the cruise control as much as possible. And for the brakes... there has not been a TSB to increase pedal firmness or anything like that. Anyway, hope this helps.
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,147
    >the positioning of the gas-brake pedals in relation to me. Iam 6' and about 230lbs. The pedals seem abit off center to the left and as such my knee is hurting.

Did you test drive the car long enough to see if it "fit" you?

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• roadhog4roadhog4 Member Posts: 3
    Just returned from my first extended highway driving trip of about 400 miles with my 2007 CE MT Camry and the mileage was spectacular. I cruised around 72-74 MPH most of the time on mainly flat surfaces so the MPG potential was optimum.

Anyway, filling up at the end of the trip returned an amazing 34.5 MPG. Wow!
  • barroncbarronc Member Posts: 44
    My 2007 Camry XLE V-6 has had a few minor problems. I cannot do the oil change re-set as is stated in the Camry manual. I followed the book and did exactly what it says and no luck. A friend even tried doing it and still could not get it to reset. I changed my oil after 3,000 miles but didn't reset it at that time, maybe that was the problem. I honestly never had to be told by a car when to change it's oil so it never occurred to me to do have to do a reset and my 2002 Nissan Maxima SE didn't have this built into it's computer. Guess I should have read the Camry manual all the way through. Anyways, after I saw the light on the dash go on that says "Maintenance Required" (this is to let you know you'll need an oil change soon) I read how to do it and it would not work. Anyone else experiencing this problem? There is also some hesitation and shifting problems as well. I hate the seatbelt alarm it goes on way too long and I don't like having my doors lock after 30 seconds. Also, my sideview mirror adjustment buttons on the lower left botton side of the driver's side dash don't work very well. Other than that it's a pretty decent :( car, not great though. I doubt I'll be buying another Toyota in the future.
  • djm2djm2 Member Posts: 712
    Hi everyone:
    My Camry is six (6) weeks old, and I have 3,800 + miles on the vehicle. (Yes I drive alot!). I purchased this vehicle over a Chevrolet Impala, a Buick, a Honda Accord and a Ford 500. My major concern was comfort. The Camry is great to drive, very powerful and comfortable. I DO NOT have any of the problems that I see posted on these boards, but that does not mean that they do not exist, or that these problems will not surface at a high mileage! Would I purchase this vehicle again? ----- Based on its current performance, ---YES!----- But, if I start to have the transmission issue, that has been described on these boards, my answer would change to "NO"!
    I enjoy driving this vehicle every day. The seats are VERY comfortable, and the V6 engine is VERY powerful. The vehicle has had it first oil and filter change. (I make it a point to have the oil and filter changed every 2,500 miles. It is just a personal choice on my part. Toyota has had a sludge problem in the past.) The selling dealer does all the service, so all my records are in one location, should a warranty issue surface. The vehicle is also covered by a 6 year / 100,000 miles extended Toyota warranty.
    Do I like the Toyota Camry? ----- YES.----- Am I presently happy with the product? ---- YES.---- Would I purchase the vehicle again, knowing what I now know about the possible transmission issue on some vehicles? -----I don't know! ---Probably NO!
    Best regards. ----- Dwayne ;) :confuse: :):(
  • fredvhfredvh Member Posts: 857
    Thanks for your informative report. Can you tell us why you picked this vehicle over the Accord?
  • djm2djm2 Member Posts: 712
    Hi fredvh:
    I had a 2003 4 cylinder automatic Accord with leather. The seats were VERY uncomfortable! After driving for two hours, my upper back and my bottom ached! I lived at the Chiropractor, and I thought that I was just getting old! ---- Now that I have the Camry for the past six weeks, I have not had a need for a Chiropractic adjustment! Something is different with the seats in the Camry. My back is supported much better than with the Accord seats.
    On the other side of the issue, I loved the quality of the Accord, and I had a GREAT dealer, and the service was excellent. As a result of this positive experience, I did not want to purchase another name plate, but I needed a more comfortable vehicle.
    Best regards. ----- Dwayne ;) :shades: :):D
  • mookmanmookman Member Posts: 3
    I recently bought a toyota camry LE. and when i bought the car, the price included the price of the auto-dimming mirror and a remote start.
    I just got my car back with one of the accessories, the remote start installed today. Thats when I noticed the part installed wasn't the original toyota accessory and was a cheap third party spare, but when the sale was made it was based on the toyota accessory list prices. I dont know if i was cheated or this the norm.
    Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance,
    mooks
  • dudleyrdudleyr Member Posts: 3,469
    Have them put in the Toyota part.
  • jimmags1jimmags1 Member Posts: 3
    Hi,
    I barely have 3000 miles on my CAMRY after 7 months.
    The only issue is that it seems sometimes the car pulls left. Not sure if it's the car or the uneven,clunky streets in the Chicago suburbs. (Don't notice it on my 2000 Taurus or 2004 Sebring,though.) Brought car in to service for oil change. Mechanic test drove it without me & with me,no issues found. I love the styling and the ride is very comfortable. But after 7 years,it is still amazing to me that the 2000 Taurus has the more advanced digital controls & the convenience of the keypad door lock that my other cars do not! I'm surprised other companies have not come up with their own keypad entrys.
  • 210delray210delray Member Posts: 4,721
    The Ford keypad is a nice feature -- I always liked it on our former company Crown Vic.

But with remote controls and now Smart Keys, I don't think anyone else is going to use the keypads.
  • edmund2460edmund2460 Member Posts: 293
    The drive belts were replaced at around 43K (dealer suggestion during oil change). The next week it was the right CV joint half axle. I had an OEM part put in and saved 40% over dealer cost. The steering wheel had a squeak in it right from the beginning that took several trips to fix with lubrication. So far I'm a little disappointed. This is my first Toyota.
  • blackexv6blackexv6 Member Posts: 503
    edmund2460 -

Historically, your 2003 Camry car will last a long, long time without major repairs (i.e. transmission, head gaskets, etc.). Those cars go 200-300k miles no sweat.

Bad CV joint at 43K is a premature failure, Toyota should have repaired it for free as a goodwill gesture. Did you try calling Toyota about it?
  • kyrptokyrpto Member Posts: 216
    Our '07 4cyl LE has 3500 miles on it
    Purchased Feb. '07.
    Last tankfull = 32mpg all highway.
    A well built car that has exceeded our expectations!
  • wwayleswwayles Member Posts: 7
    I've had my 2007 Camry LE I-4 AT since Nov. 2006 and it just turned 15K miles with no problems what so ever. It has sufficient power and gets about 30 mpg in suburban traffic.

The only suggestion I would make is that if you have to travel rough pot-holed roads, you'd be advised to look elsewhere. My daughter's GM SUV takes those roads far more smoothly than the Camry.
  • santocssantocs Member Posts: 54
    Hi,

I feel a little jerk when the automatic transmission changes from 1st gear to 2nd gear. I don't accelerate much and slowly increase the speed from 0 to 45 or 50 when starting from the stop light. also i feel the transmission is not very smooth and when i contacted the dealer they said that for 1st 1000 miles it is going to be like that and it will be really smooth after that. the car's computer is trying to learn the habits and its variable valve timing is adjusting.

Please let me know if this is correct and whether this is something to be taken care of. also could anyone tell me what all things should be taken care of during the initial stages of the car for a long term benefit.
  • gearhead8gearhead8 Member Posts: 12
    The forum title says Camry Owner Reports.
    Our 04 Camry LE with the 2.4 litre 4 cylinder and 4 speed automatic has been flawless for 74,000 miles. I'ts never been back to the dealer for anything.
    It is smooth, quiet, and efficient. I would buy another in a heartbeat, but at the moment, there is no reason to replace it.
    gearhead4
This discussion has been closed.