Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Lincoln LS Crast Tests/Safety

cwzcwz Member Posts: 72
edited March 2014 in Lincoln
One has to objectively review the test results. I believe the Fusion was tested without the side airbags which are presently optional but will most likely become standard according to a Ford spokesperson in response to the results. Many of the cars that received good ratings had side air bags. To make it a meaningful apples to apples comparison they should be testing all with the side air bags or disable them. It isn't a fair comparison when they give a good rating to a car that had side airbags for the test against a car that received a poor rating that did not have airbags on the test vehicle.

Comments

• Options
    cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,506
    (as if it weren't a null set) taken notice of the miserable (as in, last) showing of the Ford Fusion in recent crash tests? I think the side impact results were the primary issue.

Is the Lincoln clone of the Fusion any better? Possibly, since it may come with standard side air bags or curtains. Either way, Ford takes yet another hit.

As I recall, the car that's first on my list of what I'll buy next got a significantly better score on this same test.

Enjoy your Fords.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • Options
    displacedtexandisplacedtexan Member Posts: 364
    I guess I missed it:

1) Which crash test, and do you have a link?
    2) What is first on your list for your next car?
  • Options
    scootertrashscootertrash Member Posts: 698
    Then they should be standard - which was exactly their point.
  • Options
    oldcrow83oldcrow83 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2000 LS,which has been a good car. Major problem was the side air bag on the passenger side deploying while my wife was driving. She was driving on an Interstate and there was no impact at all. Has anyone had this problem? Ford Motor Company said they could do nothing since it is out of warranty. I think they should because it was faulty. An airbag is not like brakes that are used all the time and wear out.
  • Options
    akirbyakirby Member Posts: 8,062
    Never heard of that one. You're allowed up to 2 AWAs (after warranty adjustment) but it's totally up to your dealer whether they offer it or not. The dealer and Lincoln will pick up part or all of the tab. I'd say this is a good candidate - ask your dealer (preferably the selling dealer).
This discussion has been closed.