Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Mustang - Why I Love It

macatowamacatowa Member Posts: 69
edited May 2014 in Ford
Who loves their Pony! how many can't wait to get in and drive it and savor it like a good glass of wine, or a very rich and delicious dessert. I have 7k on my made in 1/06 GT Vista Blue and I love my car, what say you?

Comments

• gzgtpgzgtp Member Posts: 83
    I say I enjoy my Black '06 GT like a perfectly grilled T-Bone Steak. ;)
  • tayl0rdtayl0rd Member Posts: 1,926
    I adore my '05 Torch Red on Crimson GT Premium! I don't drive it enough! She was built 12/04 and, other than TSBs that were fixed right the first time, hasn't given many any untoward problems. When I do take her out, it's like putting on your most favorite leather jacket that fits just right. :blush:
  • marksermarkser Member Posts: 16
    My Feb built 06 5sp GT in Vista Blue makes my grin extend all the way to the back of my head every time that I turn the key to start it up! I have driven numerous cars with many various engine designs. Turbo 4's, High Output V-6's, but NOTHING sounds like the beautiful sounds of a 300HP V-8 making all the other cars headlights get smaller very quickly. Have 7500 miles on it and no problems at all. To me, my baby is like the perfect Prime Rib with just the right amount of Horseradish on the side along with Garlic Mashed Potatoes and a portion of perfectly grilled Asparagus, all accompanied by a nice glass of wine.
  • pony_piratepony_pirate Member Posts: 317
    I lay low in my GT premium silver coupe, manual, built 6/05, generally try not to draw attention ... until I need to move, check the radar detector, then am gone :shades:
  • brindle01brindle01 Member Posts: 2
    just installed exhaust system
    Character, low down blue, tough, here I am, nuthin fancy, no pretensions, but don't get in my way. :shades:
  • calviccalvic Member Posts: 6
    Yeah, but everyone knows the Ledgend Limes are the fastest!

JJ
  • sonicblucrisissonicblucrisis Member Posts: 52
    Sorry, but that title goes to "Sonic" Blue! No color is faster than one with the essence of speed in the name :shades:
  • rob113rob113 Member Posts: 3
    a lot of people these days love the new mustangs . do people forget the great ones of the 60's and 70's.
    you had no computers, no fuel injection, big blocks and all power.
    we need my older mustangs on the streets and out of the junk yards and peoples back yards.
    if you know someone with a older mustang ask for a ride.
    you will love the car.and the power.
  • euphoniumeuphonium Member Posts: 3,425
    Which is why I've kept my 66 GT for over 40 years. You can't duplicate the rumble of twin Flowmasters behind the 289 4V engine. :):):)
    Great highway car, the best I've ever driven. Comfortable and nonfatiguing, yet responsive and powerful. Commands respect. :shades:
  • valsistovalsisto Member Posts: 2
    I wonder if some kind person that knows all about any 1965 Mustang
    could give me some information on the make up of the 1965 Mustang.
    what is under the hood, how many miles/gallon, frame size, wheel size and all
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,318
    great mustang stories and short files go to fordvehicles.com - select 2010 mustang - skip intro - then 'mustang stories'
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,318
    i meant short films. so far, my favorite is 'numbskull'.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • papasam1papasam1 Member Posts: 84
    A man after my own heart or my 1970 fastback mustang LOL
    Well where could we start: The 1965 stang comes with the 289 with 210 HP 2V, 225 HP 4V Autolite and the HIPO 289 at 271 HP. Trannys were C-4, 3 speed top loader and 4 speed top loaders. all these car got good mileage but the HIPO with leaded gas at around 100 octane according to the company you got it from but sonoco was the best with the sonoco 360 at 108 octane. most of the mustangs came with 14 inch tires with the exception of the GT350 That had 15 inch tires on them. Thats about all I can come up with off the top on my head but I will look some other things up for you if you need.
    For the love of them, I agree with you every step of the way. Get those classic out the back yards and drive them. tune them up get'um painted but het them on the road.
    born in 1952 I have alot of stories of my own about ford mustangs, fairlanes, comets, mavs and cougars.
    As generations grow older there tends to be a lost of some of the old teaching and ways of doing thing that we never recovered, I was born in the 50's and feel the need to teach many of the young Marines of today as much as I can about the classic cars of old. What they have is what they have read or got pass down from fathers. uncles or someone in the family that has a claasic car. I have heard many stories about the car that some one in the familt had and now these young men and women, yes women can have the same love for them that men have. There nothing like the look in the eyes of a men or women with there first classic car of there own. We as the old guys as they call us these days are responsible for bring they look or light into the eyes of as many youngers as we can so that what we feel about the cars are not lost over time or the ages. My way of doing this is that my stang can not go to my son and daughter but must go to my oldest grandson who is three years and I still must fine another for my econd grandson that is one. If I can plant it in there heads at this age maybe they will not grow up thinking that a honda is the car to have. The classic Ford, Chevy or Plymouth/Dodge are the cars of there history not these import from countries where our men have fought and died in, these are not the cars of there history. Even as I speak our big three are in trouble but the optimum word here is OUR big three.
  • mustangman911mustangman911 Member Posts: 7
    IN MY OPINION............ :D I would go with a 1965 Mustang. The classic look gives me a warm feeling. I would feel like I owned a piece of history because the '65 is so early. Fix it up, and make the engine purr. Classic Mustangs are the way to go for me ;) .
  • rompinrondorompinrondo Member Posts: 1
    JUST BOUGHT A 76 COBRA JET II, IN NEED OF SOURCING FOR PARTS IF YOU KNOW OF ANY PLEASE EMAIL AT rompinrondo@yahoo.com
    Sorry can't help with the parts but there are one or to in storage in on the Camp Pemdleton Marine Base.
This discussion has been closed.