Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Dodge Charger: Aftermarket Accessories & Performance Mods

2»

Comments

• discgolfer99discgolfer99 Member Posts: 42
    Thanks Karen, Thanks xtec....

I am very happy with how it turned out. There are some drawbacks. The unit is no longer "portable", and I will have to take it out if I want to update the software. but now that I know how, it would'nt take that long.

As for doing some side jobs, not sure if I want to risk cutting someone else's dash with a dremel. Then again...
  • carmanswifecarmanswife Member Posts: 1
    Anyone know how many of these were made originally?
  • unclebertunclebert Member Posts: 4
    picking up my r/t steel blue on friday,i have not decided if i should get a spoiler or not any suggestions
  • xtecxtec Member Posts: 354
    Yes!The spoiler makes a big differance.I have a SXT,and it improved the looks.I got mine from Sportwing.com.Great price, warranty,and they come painted if you want.If you get one ,get the factory looking one (Daytona-SRT).Good Luck with your R/T.
  • unclebertunclebert Member Posts: 4
    picking up my steel blue rt on monday.should i go for the tinted windows.should the front tint be lighter.what about a spoiler.any help appreciated
    Did you read my post the one before yours #58?Yes on tint,but find out what the law says in your state.Most of the time the front is lighter so the cops can see you when or if they stop you.I hope this helps.
  • thumper7thumper7 Member Posts: 1
    Is anyone aware that it takes the computer some time to adjust to any modifications?? A simple trick is unhook your battery overnight and when you power it back up the system senses the changes and resets.
  • mychargersrt8mychargersrt8 Member Posts: 2
    I just recently bought an 08 charger SRT8. I am thrilled with it but I have the performance bug! I added a K&N cold air intake system, Jet chip coming Monday, and I am putting on a magna flow exhust in two weeks. Is there any other addition
    I can make that will increase my performance without costing me thousands more like the supercharger?
    Headers,and high flow converters,throttle body spacer.I hope you can your SRT on the ground.Good Luck
  • mychargersrt8mychargersrt8 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you!
  • charge_itcharge_it Member Posts: 5
    I have on 08 with the 3.5 HO and I am just wondering what other people would recommend for an intake...they all seem kind of pricey for a piece of plastic and a filter....But I had the K&N kit on my blazer and it was alright, wondering if anyone has the AFE and if they like it?
  • loren4loren4 Member Posts: 3
    S&S Headers has a new full length header for the Hemi-Charger.
    You get up to 15% performance gains and fuel economy increases.
    Go to ssheaders.com & check it out.
  • shockzillashockzilla Member Posts: 1
    I am a new owner of a gorgeous steel gray SXT with 22" rims from the dealer. I am excited to add new parts in her so she looks even meaner and runs better. I have only been able to tint her windows.... AND THATS IT. I am very interested on modding her up so I can show her off at car shows. The problem I am having is, I cant find ANY web sites that has after market engine mods that will increse HP and AXCEL. Please help me. I am a NEW-B and I need guidence. :cry:
  • lion310lion310 Member Posts: 1
    Throttle body extender, and aftermarket headers (jba)
  • gofastdaddy1gofastdaddy1 Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased a sweet 2006 Charger SRT with 7,000 miles on it. The dealer sold it with the aftermarket exhaust system and had all kind of troubles getting it to pass inspection before I took delivery on it. The problem I have is the engine bogs down when you step on the gas and the check engine light is now on. Apparently these oversized exhausts with headers can require special tuning with a programmer because the exhaust is emitting too much pollution. Unfortunately the dealer doesn't do this and they are willing to remove this awesome SS exhaust system and install a new factory set up. I don't want to give this exhaust up so I am looking for a quality speed shop in the upstate NY area to tune this car up. Can anyone recommend a shop in my area or refer me to one that can in turn refer a shop closer to my home ? Zip code 12305. Thanks !
  • gofastdaddy1gofastdaddy1 Member Posts: 2
    If you ever got that exhaust, did you have to have the car tuned by a shop with a programmer ?
    I have an SRT8 and the 3" SS exhaust has brought the check engine light on and when you step on the gas it bogs down.
    Tx, Tony :(
  • jayschargerrtjayschargerrt Member Posts: 3
    im going with the Predator tuner and 180 t stat, installed flowmaster super 44's , C&L cold air intake, the Predator and cold air intake will give close to 30 hp.
    did u see any gains with the TB spacer i tried one sent it back all i got was a whistling sound , id go with a good cai (cold air intake) i went with the C&L
    there is plenty to choose from Airaid, C&L, Aria, Mopar, look around .prefer one with a heat shield, ck out "airflow innovations " "c&l performance" "bmc performance" that will get u started
This discussion has been closed.