Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Dodge Charger Routine Care & Maintenance

2»

Comments

• LunagirlLunagirl Member Posts: 1
    I have an 06 Charger and I've had different people say the Charger can't handle the 22s. I have had 22s on it for two years. I did take them off for a very long road trip in snow. The economy will predict when I can get some new tires. Of course there is a different feel but it seems to me its easier for the mechanic to to say "oh its the big tires" than to find out whats really wrong.
    I too have experienced the car stalling, it did start up right away though.
    The only other probelm is its a summer car. When the temp drops below 32 it won't go in reverse until the engine warms up. I got screwed on this deal because the gear shift had broken before when it was jerked and then glued. I had to replace the whole thing.
    But it is funny when people think I'm a state trooper while on the highway or they are waving at me.
    I love driving it.
  • autotech20autotech20 Member Posts: 1
    The spark plugs that came factory on this car should have never been installed in this engine. The factory plugs are copper tip rather than iridium or platinum tip that is normally used in high voltage ignition systems. I would suggest using the double platinum (champion #7570), as to replacing the plug wires and coil boots, you might get by without having to do so. I would at least use dielectric grease on the plug ends of the boots and wires. This upgrade should get more mileage before your next tune-up also.
  • brianj3brianj3 Member Posts: 1
    having the same problem with my 06 3.5L....Dealership said its the injectors in the engine that's making the noise....Going to cost a little over $700.
  • chargerkitchargerkit Member Posts: 2
    i cant find my thermostat and cooling tempreture sensore can any one help me :mad:
  • chargerkitchargerkit Member Posts: 2
    has any one added a brola exhaust system to the charger sxt and what were you results
    :)
  • revjim64revjim64 Member Posts: 78
    edited November 2013
    Did you find out what the ticking noise was?
    I recently purchased a pre owned 2010 Charger SXT with the 3.5 HO V-6 and it seams to have a loud valve tap. I researched on MSN autos and the 2010 (3.5) had reports of defective Valve shafts.
    My car was "Dodge Certified" and the salesman informed me that anything in the engine is covered by the 7 year, 80,000 mile power train warranty.

Has anyone had their valve shaft replaced under powertrain warranty?
    And how loud does the valve tap have to get before the dealer will service it???
  • smartin104smartin104 Member Posts: 42

i know that getting the dealer warranties are basically a scam but considering a wheel/tire package but two questions:

anyone have any details on any available wheel and tire warranty packages, specifically what they cover and average cost?

can you negotiation the price of dealer warranties?

• revjim64revjim64 Member Posts: 78
    Ok, getting back to my valve shaft problem on my 2010 Charger, the dealer actually honored the warranty and did the work at no cost.
    6 months later and fuel pump went. It is an easy fix, I did it myself, just pop out the backseat. Both pumps are there. I replaced the primary and then it burned out. Had to replace them both because the auxiliary pump has the fuel filter built inside.
    Not a smart design that the only way to replace the fuel filter is to replace the auxiliary fuel pump too! It costs about $220 for the pump.
    Also the 3.5 engine has a timing belt that should be changed at $100k.
    I can't believe this engine uses a timing belt!
    Other than that the care runs great and gets decent mileage for a full size sedan.