Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac DeVille General Care & Maintenance

124»

Comments

• bolivarbolivar Posts: 2,316
    Cadillac DeVille, Fleetwood, 1991 -93

When “CHANGE OIL SOON” light is illuminated, press and hold Range (A) and Reset (B) buttons on Fuel Data center 5 to 60 seconds. When buttons are released, the light will flash four times if it has been reset. If the light comes back on for more than 5 seconds, repeat procedure.

Oldfarmer, google is your friend.

bolivar
  • 2001dts2001dts Posts: 6
    The caddys never lie! 2500 miles is about right for regular motor oil, some people say 3000. I use Mobile Clean/Super 5000 10w30 with a Lucas mix!! My model caddy has an oil percentage life. On mobile I may go 5500 miles, depends on my bank! But yeah that sounds normal and quit good if you ask me! 2500 miles is at about normal range! As for the monitor, go to the information center on the dash, scroll until you see oil life and just reset it...
  • vicgoovicgoo Posts: 11
    I worked at a Cadillac dealer back when the Northstar first came out in the early 90,s.I have seen spark plugs go bad and break down on acceleration causing random engine miss when they had less than 2000 miles,sometimes a certain plug may break down long enough to set a misfire code if it was 96 or newer,but 93-95 Northstars will not set codes,i just replacced all plugs and never had a single one comeback for that problem.Note-as they get older the plug wires can also go bad causing same problem,if so replace all the wires not just the one bad.
  • vicgoovicgoo Posts: 11
    edited June 2011
    That,s not true about a not leaking radiator,i had 3 cars-89 and 96 Cadillac,86 Jaguar XJS-V12,all 3 was getting hot,radiators don,t leak a drop but the cores were restricted not letting coolant flow properly,monitored temps on cadillacs before=115-120 C,Jag had gage going right before the H mark,after i changed radiators the Cadillacs ran at 90-104C,Jag gage never went over 1/2 even in desert over 100 degrees
  • oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Posts: 6,288
    edited June 2011
    "...Oldfarmer, google is your friend..."

You're my friend too. Who needs that Google guy? ;)

Thanks.

2009 PT Cruiser, 2008 Eclipse, 1995 Mark VIII, 1988 GMC Van

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Posts: 6,288
    "...2500 miles is about right..."

Holy cow! Even back in the 60s we only changed every 3000 miles. These days people tell you you're crazy to do it that often.

What is going on in that Caddy motor to require such frequent changes?

2009 PT Cruiser, 2008 Eclipse, 1995 Mark VIII, 1988 GMC Van

124»