Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Jaguar XK-Series Accessories and Modifications

71xke71xke Member Posts: 1
edited September 2014 in Jaguar
I AM CONSIDERING DOING SOMETHING WITH MY 12 CYLINDER...EITHER UPDATE WITH FUEL INJECTION OR POSSIBLY GOING TO A CHEVY CONVERSION.. THE VEHICLE IS IN EXCELLENT SHAPE WITH 51,000 ORIGINAL MILES.. I DONT WANT TO HURT THE INTEGRITY...ALSO I WANT TO GO TO THE BRITISH RACING GREEN FROM THE OFF BROWN PRESENTLY ON IT...ANY IDEAS OR SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE MOST APPRECIATED..I WANT TO DO WHAT IS BEST FOR THE VEHICLE..

Comments

• Options
    guzzerguzzer Member Posts: 1
    you will miss out on the huge torque from the v-12. With not much effort (larger plenems @ exhaust)...(fuel injected) the HP will rise to 400+. There's nothing like a throaty v12 revving.
  • Options
    mumble88mumble88 Member Posts: 9
    I got the new XK series. It's a great car. So to take care of it I got myself a car cover from carscover.com. It looked like a decent cover. But my concern is that what if the cover scratches my car? Is it okay to put it on?
  • Options
    propespropes Member Posts: 1
    Anyone one know of perfomance upgrades such as turbos or superchargers ect?
  • Options
    208208 Member Posts: 3
    i would think the carcover would be okay but the new xk comes with a hefty price tag and i wouldnt risk it w/ a cheap cover. if it were me i would buy the genuine jag cover from a parts dept at a jag dealer.
  • Options
    victreevictree Member Posts: 1
    I want to remove the third-light spoiler from my XK, then have the holes filed and painted on my XK coupe. I have heard a grape-vine rumor that Jaguar added the spoiler due to unexpected instability with the original design, but I find it hard to believe they missed testing the body in a wind tunnel, or that even if they did miss it, they would still be bolting one on after 5 years rather than integrating it in the rear deck lid. If there is, indeed a problem, at what speeds might it become a problem?
This discussion has been closed.