Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scion tC Rattles, Squeaks and Other Noises

2»

Comments

• i have an 07 tc, 6500 miles. i notice an annoying rattling/vibrating noise that comes from the plastic panel just under the door handles when i drive on the highway over bumps, as well as on songs with isolated/loud bass. anybody else have this problem?
  • my sister has an o6 release series and i have an 05. YEP the hatch rattles. My dealership removed the whole top of my car rewelded it and it still rattles. SELL IT as soon as you can or find a good lemon law attorney this car is only problems
  • I had an 05 TC. The first 8000 miles were fine.......then the rattle started. Soon after that came a high pitched whine from my moonroof when driving on the highway. After 4 trips back to the dealership, they finally fixed the moonroof but were never able to fix the rattle. Around 30000 miles the whine came back. I traded it in for a Mazdaspeed 3. Adios TC!
  • ALERT! SCION TC REAR HATCH SQUEAK HAS HAD A FACTORY TECHNICAL ADVISORY FIX!!! Purchased my TC in 05. Spent the better part of 1 year fixing a squeak in the hatch. The squeak started around 3000 miles on the odometer. They ended up applying tape around each and every rubber jam that involves the rear hatch. After 5 visits, they finally applied enough cloth tape on the stops to fix the hatch squeak (this was a horribly irksome/loud squeak). Today (10-19-07) I went to the dealership and spoke with a factory rep. I told her that although the tape fix has effectively stopped the squeak, I'm a little 'unsettled' about simply having layers of cloth tape between me and the next squeak - that will no doubt appear down the road in the future. Well, guess what? She said a technical advisory from the factory had been put out and the rubber stops have all been enlarged to sufficiently hold the rear hatch in place without squeaks. ...I go in next week to have the operation administered to my GREAT little TC! FYI: This squeak was predominantly found on the first year TC,s; 2005-2006. Good Luck!
  • ALERT! SCION TC REAR HATCH SQUEAK HAS HAD A FACTORY TECHNICAL ADVISORY FIX!!! Purchased my TC in 05. Spent the better part of 1 year fixing a squeak in the hatch. The squeak started around 3000 miles on the odometer. They ended up applying tape around each and every rubber jam that involves the rear hatch. After 5 visits, they finally applied enough cloth tape on the stops to fix the hatch squeak (this was a horribly irksome/loud squeak). Today (10-19-07) I went to the dealership and spoke with a factory rep. I told her that although the tape fix has effectively stopped the squeak, I'm a little 'unsettled' about simply having layers of cloth tape between me and the next squeak - that will no doubt appear down the road in the future. Well, guess what? She said a technical advisory from the factory had been put out and the rubber stops have all been enlarged to sufficiently hold the rear hatch in place without squeaks. ...I go in next week to have the operation administered to my GREAT little TC! FYI: This squeak was predominantly found on the first year TC,s; 2005-2006. Good Luck!
  • Hi; Yes the rattle has been fixed and they currently have a Toyota Technical Advisory on fixing the TC's affected by the rattling of the rear hatch door 05-06 TCs. They are instaling thicker rubber stops that anchor the hatch firmly into position. ...Make sure you purchase the strut enforcement bar! It REALLY MAKES A DIFFERENCE in the handling of the TC. Good Luck - it's a great car...
  • Rattle in Scion TC hatch. Toyota currently has a Technical Advisory on fixing TC's affected by the rattles commonly existing in the rear hatch door from 05-06 Scion TC's. Dealers are instructed to install thicker rubber stops that anchor the hatch more firmly into position.
  • hey buddy my 06 tc , the rear knocks and rattles constantly, the car is a year old and it sounds like [non-permissible content removed], so i know exactly what ur talkin about, i took it to the dealership yesterday and they said they re-insulated the rear panels inside around the rear window and under the plastic panel near the lock latch, the noise decreased about 80% but im still not satisfied with it overall, i still hear a knocking noise on the rear left as if it were the rear left 6 inch speaker loose and rattling but its not, i looked every where man and i just cant figure it out, can u please send me any helpfull info on this expecially if toyota is aware of this and advises us to have dealer fix it without having to pay like a recall cause im allready at 30,000 miles, or any tips on this, and ohh, ive been hearing a-lot about tc shock absorbers going bad, drying up oil? or just plain cheap shocks i dont know, thanks
  • dfossedfosse Posts: 2
    I own a 2005 Scion TC. In cold temps I have a loud knocking or clicking sound under the dashboard on the drivers side. Very irritating. How can I find out how to remove dash to check the problem..

Help......
  • nthenthe Posts: 414
    i had a similar rattle in my 08 tC that i bought last week. i took the cargo cover off and now it is gone.
  • Took me three years to get this fixed, here is the service bulletin i FORCED them to look into.

http://www.matrixowners.com/tsb/TS-NV009-06.pdf
  • I just had this fixed, it took me three years to figure this out, I had to literally force them to look at this issue but I was so convinced. thats exactly what it was.

Go to scionbuzz.com and put in thumping noise Scion TC, and there is an entire conversation about this proceedure including the mechanics name he used and his phone number. I literally gave it to my mechanic. it worked.

Its four pins that hold the windshield in and when it gets cold, one must come loose or something, not really sure but he fixed it with this exact service bulletin. Good luck. Im so happy to pass this information on to someone else, I went out of my way to hunt you down to relay this to you. GOOD LUCK!!!

http://www.matrixowners.com/tsb/TS-NV009-06.pdf
  • Hi everybody i just signed up for this thing cause i have a problem with my tc...I have the car since 06 and never had a problem with anything...the car is great...i recently droped it 2 inches and it was good for like a week after that i started getting ratteling in my front wheels especialy at low speeds like 5-20mph on bumps or uneven roads...i have checked n tighned every nut and bold in the suspension and its still doing it...I took the strut bar off to see if maybe thats what causeing the problem but it only got worse....i dont know what else to do i checked every possible thing there is to check...im no mechanic but i do all the custom stuff to all my cars and i never had a problem with my car ratteling after getting lowerd....if any body has or had the same problem can you tell me how you fixed it....
  • hey i just lowerd my tc and i have the same problem it rattels when i go from left to right and also when i go over bumps at low speeds...do u have any suggdestions have u fixed the problem????
  • please... where i can find those rubber stops... i went to scion to ask for them .. and they didnt know about this issue.. It is totally annoy the sound.. and I cant continue putting tape in the huge holes...

i will appreciate information about where i can buy them...i have a scion tc 2005
  • i have about 35 k miles on a 2008 tc live in nyc stop and go traffic i suddenly hear a fricton (grinding ) sound while driving at certain temperatures... is it time for new brakes??? :confuse:

Please share ,
    Thanks

George
  • Hi, I have the same problem, and specially when its first time in the morning if I go in reverse my driveway. I have researched and its the kind of pads you have, its nothing wrong with them, its just the material with these cold weathers make them do that noise. IF you go and check you brakes as I did they are fine. ITs just a weather condition which sucks I know.
    hope it works for you.
    I love my scion tc but it has couple weird problems. squecking noises coming from everwhere ...
  • yonyyony Posts: 2
    Hi, I'm new to tC. What's the best deal for tC 2013 now? thanks.
2»