Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volkswagen Eos Water Leaks

Comments

• mikeh9mikeh9 Member Posts: 5
    I purchased a VW EOS last November and immediatley noticed water laying on both cills when it rained resulting in a deluge of water running out on to the drive when doors were opened. I returned the car to the dealer as I was worried that water would build up and enter the car.
    The water gathering on cill was resolved but now it is entering the car footwells the very thing I was trying to avoid.
    There was also an annoying plastic/rubber squeak coming from the rear nearside which was also "resolved".
    Squeak returned after two weeks and water has also started to enter the boot.
    Phoned VW dealer yesterday who have promised to phone back with an appointment to return vehicle for rectification.
    I have owned VW's before and have had nothing but praise for their build quality and reliability but I am not prepared to keep returning the vehicle to the garage and will threaten a last chance to get problems resolved when I speak to them on Monday.
    Mike
  • tgeentgeen Member Posts: 20
    Here is a link to the thread on vwvortex, for anyone who is interested. The lubricant seems to fix the leak problem in some cases.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3087297
  • bmw335xibmw335xi Member Posts: 11
    I really hope this stuff works mine hasn't leaked for about 2 months now (fingers crossed) but if it does because of the snow in my area i might have to look into that.Less rattles would be good after a long day of work too! :shades:
  • arlingtonianarlingtonian Member Posts: 2
    We bought our dream Eos - a Paprika Red VR32, with everything, from a very reputable local dealer (name withheld until resolution) that we've known and trusted for years. I'd even asked about the leaks, based on what I'd seen online and was told they'd had no problems with the cars they'd been shipped. We brought it home and found that the very same day, after about three hours sitting in front of our house, the entire inside was fogged up!! :confuse: I've never seen anything like this before - it took 3-4 minutes of heavy defrost just to be able to drive it again. I called the VW dealer and told them about it; they said they'd never heard of anything like it before. I mentioned that I'd seen THREE cars on their lot that appeared to have the same problem last Sunday! They said they hadn't noticed...

Anyway, having told them that I didn't want the car if it leaked, before I ever bought it, I took it back for an "assessment." Sure enough, it leaks. (duh) Based on what I've seen posted here and elsewhere, that is very BAD news... I am forever hopeful, though. Has anyone out there had a situation where the car leaked for a while, was fixed and then never leaked again? I haven't yet seen any posts to support that as a potential happy outcome. I LOVE the car, but for $40k I don't want something that leaks, smells and will not hold its value.

Another question, has anyone on this blog tried to get VW to take a leaking car back? We only put about 30 miles on it (drove it home and then ">back to the dealer). I'm more than willing to hire a lawyer and fight this, if only on principle. I'm just curious to know if others have found that VW stands behind the cars they sell or if we should get ready to do battle... [I soooo hope that they play this straight up....]

Arlingtonian
  • koolkat4koolkat4 Member Posts: 10
    Okay - you think the only problem we have is leaking - think again!! It now seems as though there is a transmission problem. I took my EOS in to have them take a look at the transmission - when shifting gears the car jerks and when pulling off from a stop light or sign it seems as though the transmission is trying to catch up. When I first start the car up, once I turn the key - it automatically backs up- this along with sliding backward after it has been put in gear! The dealer, yes the volkswagon dealer, told me that they called volkswagon and this is the way it is suppose to do. I asked, why now - why not from the beginning? They had no answer. I will now make an appointment to take the EOS back and invite the mechanic to go for a ride with me. Maybe after he experiences these things he will have a better idea of what needs to be done. What a price I am paying for wanting a cool convertible! I will never buy a car again unless it has been on the market for at least 3 years - that should be enough time to work the kinks out, don't you think?
  • cb391cb391 Member Posts: 24
    Car should not back up when starting if the car is in park. If you stop on an incline the car may drift backward. This is normal to some degree. The problem when starting out from a stop shouldn't happen. If you can't get the dealer to figure that out try a different dealer Had mine 16 months and the trans works ok and the top doesn't leak. I have been using the special stuff listed in the manual (if you have an 07).I do have an issue with the top and a loud rattle when you hit bumps that is more noticeable when it is cold out.
  • kraut_rockkraut_rock Member Posts: 3
    THANK YOU so much for this post; I have not had much trouble with leaks, just a drop or two but the rattles and squeeks have been driving me crazy! I am hoping after treating my EOS with the Krytox it will also help with cutting down road noise.
  • trackulatrackula Member Posts: 10
    As soon as you take delivery, just check with the service manager to see if part of pre-delivery was the ritual roof seal lubrication. If he says yes, do it anyway when you get home, he may be lying. Make sure you check for deformation of any seals also. Go to vwvortex forum for an excellent guide to seal lubrication with numerous photos. Expect it to be a 1.5 hr. job. It will keep the rain off your head. We have a new Eos and it is water tight. Plan on doing the seals every 3 months at least. The owners manual gives contradictory advice as to the type of lubricant to use. In one section they suggest a silicon based lube. On the next page they say not to use silicon based lubes. I do know that Petro-based lubes will degrade the rubber. The safest bet is an inert lube called Krytox. It is the base of the recommended VW weatherstrip lube, but is expensive as hell! Good luck, you'll love this car.
  • deepc1deepc1 Member Posts: 5
    I just got my wife's back last Thursday and it rained Fridayand it leaked worse than ever. It went back to the shop this morning for repair #5 of the top. I have also had a few problems with the top not going down because of "loose cables" that open the tonneau flap. You can push them open easily once you realise that's what it is.

I've started lemon law proceedings and we'll see what happens.

The last thing I have to say is that the BMW 128i cabriolet will be in the dealerships this week with a 31ish sticker. If my arbitration is successful I think I'll get one of those.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,891
    The last thing I have to say is that the BMW 128i cabriolet will be in the dealerships this week with a 31ish sticker.

Don't know about "this week," and its like $34k with a manual trans and doesn't have a retractable hardtop like the Eos. But, yeah, should be a nice vehicle, I think.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• swalker1swalker1 Member Posts: 6
    Months later I am curious if VW was able to permanently fix the leak in the roof of your car. I am considering buying an 07 Eos. From the date of your posting, I'm assuming yours was an early production model. Any insight you can give would be appreciated.
    I hate to be the one to pose this question, but has anyone been in a rear-end collision with the top down? What the heck happens to the roof in the trunk?
    Glad to hear that you have a dry Eos. I am considering buying a pre-owned 07. For reference sake, can you tell me the date your car was manufactured. (It's on the black sticker in the drivers side door sill) It seems that the early production models were more likely to leak (maybe?) Thank you.
  • monwalesmonwales Member Posts: 3
    Hello
    Just to update you, the water problem with my roof persisted even following 4 long periods with the supplier when the changed all roof seals etc.
    My car leaked water into the top of both door windows. This happened when driving at motorway speeds in windy wet weather.
    Easy to test if your car leaks, just point a hose pipe at the windscreen pillars, at an angle from the front of the car.
    My car has now been returned to VW and replaced, but decided not to have another Eos.
    It is a brilliant car to drive, good engine and gearbox and very comfortable.
    Unfortunately my car had a roof problem.
    Good luck
    Ed
    I guess you don't happen to know when it had been manufactured?
  • vwgrrrlvwgrrrl Member Posts: 19
    I've been considering leasing a 2008 EOS but all this leaky talk has me worried.
    When I mention it to the dealers, they usually tell me the usual - that they haven't heard of anyone having any leak issues or having to lube the seals.

One dealer told me the reason the roof was leaking was because when the EOS's were shipped over, they put "shimmy's" in/on/around the roof to keep it tight and in place. Then when the cars were delivered, the dealers supposedly forgot to remove these "shimmys" and it left a gap and that is where the water would seep through. I don't buy this story (unless that was the case with certain EOS's). After reading about the success people had with VW lubricant (part number G 052 172 A1), and lubing the seals, it's obvious there is more going on here than"shimmy's."

I've been visiting the local VW dealer and test driving different EOS's. The first test drive was in a real bad rain storm (great day to test drive and check for leaks, right?). There didn't seem to be a problem with leaking but I wasn't aware of the leak issue yet until I came home and starting researching the car.

Went back to the dealer on a sunny day and, of course, put the top down. The ride was nice. Drove it again with the top up and I could hear a high pitch whistling sound. Air was coming in from somewhere. Ahhh, the joy of convertibles.

Went back a third time on another rainy day and started looking inside each EOS to check out the interiors. They all seemed to be dry inside, except for one. It was the V6 version. I doubt that has anything to do with it but who knows? I told the dealer that this particular car was wet inside but he pretended not to hear me. At least I had proof that this really does happen (to a brand new car, no less!). I even emailed the vwvortex.com Eos Roof Leak Article (http://www.golden-hind.com/eos/EOS_ROOF_SEALS.pdf) to the dealer but he didn't respond or acknowledge it. When I emailed another dealer about it, he reminded me about the 4 year/ 50,000 mile factory warranty and that any repairs would be covered. I asked him if the seals would be lubricated before delivery of the vehicle and he said yes but I think he was just appeasing me. I also asked if seal maintenance is part of the routine service schedule but he didn't really respond to that either and reminded me about the warranty again.

All this said, I'm still thinking about getting the car. I just wish VW would get their act together and fix the darn problem. Or at least make it mandatory that VW dealers lube the car's seals before delivery, add it to the routine maintenance schedule, and offer a free bottle of the VW lube just in case and whatever else will help the matter. I'm wondering how many of the '08's (usually manufactured in 2007) were effected. Is it really the year or is it just pot luck?
    I just have to agree with you. I don't like how VW treats its customer's either. They used to have this great reputation and deservedly so. But now, it seems like they are contradicting everything they used to be... friendly, helpful, supportive, easy to work with.

And the cars. They don't seem as reliable anymore. I love my VW but it's almost time to trade it in and I'm afraid to get a new one. Seems like the new ones are being made cheaper now. And I really hate how they force you up to the next trim level just to get a sunroof or some other feature you would normally find standard or typical in another make.

Just my two cents.
  • arlingtonianarlingtonian Member Posts: 2
    I bought one, and on the very first night we had it the entire inside fogged up so much that it took 3 - 4 solid minutes of high intensity defogging to get the windows clear enough to drive the vehicle. The second day, the same thing... At that point, I noticed the paper inspection sticker had been exposed to a lot of moisture and was very "crimped". :(

After a bit of discussion with the dealer, who denied they'd ever heard of the problem, (and a very firm statement that I wasn't about to keep this car) they swapped it for another. When I went to pick it up, I saw another one right out in front of the dealership that had the same interior fogging problem. I pointed that out to them, and they seemed surprised. :mad:

I made sure that the new one came with a return guarantee if I was not 100% convinced that it didn't have a leak problem. It seemed to be better - at least it didn't fog up and the inspection sticker seemed not to have been exposed to moisture. So I took it through a car wash, just to be sure. Not a high pressure one, but just a normal car wash. (For $40k, I expect my car to withstand a carwash...). Guess what? It leaked! A LOT! :cry:

I took it back and they refunded my money. I'm only glad that I was dealing with a very highly reputable dealer. It could've been MUCH worse! If you'd like to know who they are, send me an email.

In the meantime, I will wait another year. I love almost everything about the car, but can't deal with leaks. Period. Non-negotiable. If they don't fix it, I'll probably end up buying the Volvo C70, even though its performance is not as good and its price is higher. At least I'll be able to drive around in nice clothes, not have to smell mildewed carpet and not feel guilty when I sell it to someone else after a few years...

It's really too bad. VW can do better than this. Every other manufacturer of a hard top convertible has figured this out, they should be able to as well...
    hi arlingtonian,

thanks for your post. yes, i would be interested in hearing which dealer you used. your email is listed as private and i'm not quite sure how to get in touch with you so i will await your response. thanks!
  • deepc1deepc1 Member Posts: 5
    Well...I just picked up the Eos yesterday after 2 weeks in the dealership. I brought it home and leak tested it with a garden hose and guess what it leaked!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought that I should cycle the top and retest but the top would not go down, again! It was the little flap in the back getting stuck... this had just been fixed on the previous repair.

I took the car back to the dealer immediately and they verified that it was indeed leaking agin. They immediately offered to put me in a new Eos. I told them that I had filed for the lemon law and they knew it as VW had contacted them for the service records. The top did go down at the dealer though. I'm now waiting to hear from VW directly and see how they plan to resolve it.

I have a little racing expierence (SCCA ITA RX-7) and I think that all the problems stem from body rigidity. When it went in for the repair they adjusted the doors on the car. The hood also looks out of alignment and the flaps hang up. I can also hear the top clunk entering and leaving my driveway. Which all kind of point to the body flexing.

I drove the 1 series and it is a nice car and it is 34k but so is a well equipped Eos.
  • vwnonwarrantyvwnonwarranty Member Posts: 1
    Don't believe the warranty assurance. At my first service (12 months / 10,000 miles) I asked for the roof to be looked at because it flexed and rattled (no leaks so far though). The dealer demanded a standard charge of £222 for a "diagnosis" before they would even look at it. I've since complained to VW who have replied that the "component" (that's the wizzy roof by the way) "can be influenced by driving style and external factors" and this "wear and tear" is only warranted for 6 months or 6,250 miles. After 3 phone calls and a letter received from VW they have still not been able to tell me where in the handbook this warranty limitation appears. In the service book the roof only gets looked at every 2 years / 20,000 miles so be prepared for big bills in the interim if anything goes wrong other than an obvious leak.
  • eddepeteddepet Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I solved my leak in the a-pillar.

Between the connection roof and the selenoid (drainage) is under pressure, by gluing the selenoid it will avoid this pressure and the leaking stopped for me...

Eddepet

also see http://forum.eos.crouze.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=330&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15 for photos">
    Here we go again - do I need an attorney to file for the "lemon" law? Once again my engine light is on, second time! Remember when I told you I :sick: had to get the back painted because every time the top went down it scrapped the paint off of the car; well now the paint has peeled off the side view mirrors! This was a brand new car and it has been in the shop more than it has been on the road. Is it just me and this lemon or has anyone else had any of these problems?
    Hello Fellow V-Dubbers,

Wondering if anyone here has a leaky 2008 EOS manufactured in 10/07? Dates are located inside the drivers door jam. I don't personally own an EOS but was considering it and saw one with that date and am wondering if anyone had problems. Thanks.
  • photogal57photogal57 Member Posts: 13
    Honey, don't listen to them...where do I start. Since 9/07 I've had my eos in the dealers 8X (2=10 days each time), each time it leaked, the trunk latch kept locking as soon as you opened it, the radio high tones peter out, and now the windows go up and down on their own. I swear it's posessed. The last thing is the craziest. There's something wrong with the "brains" and no one can figure out what's wrong with it. One time the doors locked and I couldn't open them-with the opener or manually. I called Volkswagen roadside assistance but the guy couldn't move the car...he's strip the transmission. As we were standing there looking at the car we heard a click (the sound you hear from the locks when you put the car in drive). I tried the door and it opened. It's frustrating. I'm starting the lemon law documentation. I only have 8,000 miles on the car. I love my car and just want another (I must be crazy but), one that works.
    I had all the same problems (a recent post) but mine was that I had ice crystals on the INSIDE of my windshield and back window...just another thing to add.
    Have any of you had any transmission problems - just wait. I have been complaining to the service department for months about my transmission dragging, the car sliding backward on it's own and huge jumps forward. Each time they told me that there was nothing wrong with my transmission. Last week, after hitting the car in front of me, I sent my husband to take it back. He insisted on the mechanic taking a ride with him plus showed him the rear view mirror where all of the paint has washed off. The mechanic Finally admitted to a problem and said that he would repair it. They swore they had never seen a car where all of the paint washed off. They called me the next day and said that they sent pictures to headquarters and they were sending someone out to take a look; would I bring the car back in. Of course I would because guess what - the transmission is still acting up! Now they call me to say that there is a major problem with the transmission and they have to order the part from Germany and this will all take one month or more. Of course they gave me a loaner but I bought the EOS because I wanted a convertible - the loaner is a GT6 - not even a convertible. I have waited all winter for the day that I could let my roof down and what happens - I won't have the car back to enjoy the first warm days of spring. Boy - I hate I ever bought an EOS - I should have stuck with the Sebring! :sick:
  • muttonjavelinmuttonjavelin Member Posts: 1
    Has this problem been solved for the 2008 models? I couldn't tell if some of the more recent posts were for 2008s or earlier models?
  • lancelotlinklancelotlink Member Posts: 18
    muttonjavelin,
    I'm driving a '07 Eos and it's been problem/leak free, and all winter it was parked outdoors in the Great Northwest.
    I'm sure (as with other makes) there are problem vehicles out there, and I hope those owners find relief.
    But typical of all forums, the unlucky few come to vent, most of us are too busy driving (with the wind in our hair).

~Lash
  • polgrizpolgriz Member Posts: 2
    I read two posts about people that experienced some odor coming from the vents but I was just curious if anyone else has this problem. We've had the TSB performed twice and the odor still comes back - mostly when the air kicks on either from heating up in the sun or when it goes from the heater to cool air. No one at the local dealership can figure it out so they're supposed to have a regional technician check on it. We've been dealing with this for 6 months and I'm at my wits end.

There's also some clicking noises coming from behind the center vent area and they tell me that's normal... I've had many cars and I've never had this kind of noise!

We also had a leak in the pillar that was fixed (had to pull out the seats and replace all the carpet pad too), and the radio keeps fading in and out for no reason. It's not like our Audi A3 that purposely adjusts when the engine gets louder, etc.

I got my car in May 2007. All this started around October 2007 and it's not been resolved. It's spent just over 45 days in the shop, with one visit being 28 days (excluding Sundays). VW America even reimbursed us for one month car payment because it was in the shop so long.

I'm so ready to just have them buy the car back and go to a diffrent model. It's so bad that VW was going to pull the dealership franchise (the only one in town), but now they've been bought... I hope the service improves or we'll sell our Audi too!

I'd love to hear from anyone else with all these Eos woes!!!
  • ideadesignideadesign Member Posts: 4
    I have a 2008 EOS Kumfort and couldn't be happier with the car. Yes its pricey and yes more so given it size, but lets face it it is a specialty car and that always has a cost. As for problems, the only one that I experienced was with rattles and creaks that developed about two months after I got it. It drove me crazy and I took it to the dealer for warranty repair. At first, the technicans did this and then that, and I was given the car back with the understanding that the problem was resolved. It wasn't and it was a bad as before or worse. I drove it immediately back to the dealer with making more noise than the car.

As I was complaining the Service Supervisor came over and said that it was unacceptable and that he would take over and resolve the problem. He too hunted and poked and then came back to me with a question. "Do you take this car to a car wash." Answer: "Yes, when I cannot get to it." Supervisor "Thats the problem."

According to the Service Supervisor, the rattles and creaks are coming from seals that lack lubrication, if not dry, made worse and accelerated by the car washes. He then took the car back to the service bay, sprayed silicone on every seal and low and behold problem resolved. He even gave me can for my troubles.

In short, the creaks and rattles are now absent. Ok, not an rocket science answer, but right on target.
    By the way, nothing I have ever driven get the looks, stares of amazement, and positive comments, like an EOS. Mine in black with ivory interior. Drove the car to Daytona duing bike week and, even with all machinery to look at and ride, it still became the talk of almost every discussion.
    Final note. Found something today that no salesperson ever noted. When you lift the truck lid (boot), on the inside face below, there is a recess with straps; hidden from direct view. Again, I have not confirmed this, but it appears to be an umbrella holder (at least that is what I use if for and perfect fit) - nice feature.
    As I understand, silicone is not the prefered lubricant for Eos seals.
    Do a search and you'll find the stuff... I've got to get to work.
    Glad you're enjoying your car!
    That notch is for an optional folding reflective warning triangle. It is standatrd in some parts of the world, but not here
    The stuff you're looking for is VW pt#G 052 172 A1. Also people have been using Krytox 105 which may be the same stuff but can be bought cheaper.
  • aghagh Member Posts: 3
    You guys looking for help in curing water leaks through your EOS folding roof seals should find this helpful. It is a good guide to lubricating seals with the recommended lubricant.
    http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3087297
    My mother is interested in this car but I became concerned about all the water leak reports. This seems to reliably sort the problem. I think avoiding automatic car washes and pressure washers is wise with this car.
    Onwards for a test drive soon.
  • kls7rfkls7rf Member Posts: 2
    I have had the same problem with my 2008 komfort. It is one of many I have been having. I took it in to the dealer twice and both times they said it was normal. The third I made the service manager ride with me and he agreed it was not working correctly. We came to the conclusion that around 1-3 miles an hour is when it is at it's worse. He is ordering a new part for my transmission, but the part can not be found anywhere in US, Germany, or Asia so who knows when it will be fixed. I have had the worst customer service with this company and agree I will not buy another car until it has been out on the market for a while, and I will definitely not buy another VW.
  • johnvwmtjohnvwmt Member Posts: 1
    im an eos specialist, have you got it sorted
    Yes I did. They told me I was crazy. I put the gears in park and the car rolls...too much. The car jumps forward. They said it was the gas. I alsp had the condensation problem. It gets real bad. Have 2 more months before the lemon law does not apply...I want a new one. I must be crazy but I still like the car.
  • 6y7u8i9o6y7u8i9o Member Posts: 5
    water collects at rocker panel between inside an out side seals will this be a problem in the winter i live in new england 2008 eos
  • shdzshdz Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2008 Eos on saturday (yes, only 5 days ago). Love the car!! But, had a bad rain storm last night and discovered small leak where hardtop meets rear driver side window (on the downslope part). Not too much water in the car, only a few drops, but I think it was just soaked up by the cloth that covers the inside of the hardtop. Took to dealer today, waiting on their response, but they said they've had complaints of leaks in other places of the hardtop, not in that spot (not being difficult, just commenting). All the posts on here are kinda scarring me.....hopefully this won't be a problem, as it is a great car!!. BTW, bought the car at Gunther in Coconut Creek, can anyone comment on their service dept. Customer service while buying car was great, hopefully it won't be a different experience once it's taken for repairs.
  • annoyed2annoyed2 Member Posts: 1
    I have had to have the seal replaced twice by VW and it is still leaking-though not as bad. The leaking only seems to start after you open the door. If it has been raining overnight, there is no water when I get in, but then during the journey there is a constant drip on both the driver and passenger doors. Does anybody else have this problem?
    Sorry to hear about your water leaks, for you and me!! I bought a brand new 2007 EOS and have had nothing but water leaks along with transmission problems. They finally agreed that this was a lemon :lemon: . They agreed to replace my 2007 with a 2008 but after hearing your complaints, it sounds as though I am going to have the same problems. They had my car more than I did. After a while they started to get nasty with me and I believe they just kept my car longer out of spite after I complained that I never had a chance to enjoy the top down. Hey - any problems with the top getting stuck half way down. I have been through it all, the top never did stop leaking, even after they replaced the seals three times. They are still jerking me around - after telling me to bring in the 2007 for the transfer to the2008 there was nothing in the 2008! I had heated seats, dual temperature controls, automatic seats, lumbar in the drivers side, 5 cd player - my car was loaded, of course i paid for all of the extras. The 2008 that they gave me had nothing!! This was just a basic car with a single cd player, no heated seats, no dual control, no nothing. Needless to say, I refused it. So here I sit, waiting for a new car, which they say is forth coming while I drive around in a car that leaks every time it rains, has had the transmission replaced 3 times, had a fuel part replaced because it was recalled and I was never told. Once I get a replacement car I am driving it straight to another dealer and trade it in. I never want another wv in my life!!! : :mad:
  • monwalesmonwales Member Posts: 3
    I was so fed up with the water problems, I persisted with emails to VW AG Germany, VW UK and the supplier that we were offered a replacement car. I refused the new car and agreed terms with the dealer and ordered a new Audi TT Coupe. I have had the TT three months, it is a joy to drive,and will knock spots of the Eos for performance.
    Good luck everyone, keep pestering, do not let the bugg--s get you down or get let them get away with it.
  • genie3genie3 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2008 Eos for 412$ a month on a 3 year lease. I have had it 12 days and it started leaking today when I took it out in a rain storm. I am sooo... disappointed. I bought the car in Orlando close to Sanford, Florida. It had about 60 miles on it. I wonder if someone else brought it back to the VW dealership before. How did they keep it outside with the roof leaking on both sides for almost a year? I wish I could just switch it for another EOS that doesn't leak. I am not sure what my rights are in this area from a legal perspective. They want to seal the front on both sides in the morning at the dealership. I hate to pay so much money for a car that isn't perfect. I wish I knew that EOS cars leak. I just googled my problem and found this site today. Does anyone know if you can insist on another car due to the fact that it has flaws? Thank you for your help.
  • txgrapeluvrtxgrapeluvr Member Posts: 3
    Never wanted to admit I'd have a problem with my EOS, but after 7 months, 6K miles and 5 weeks in the shop, I would not recommend this car. It was in the shop for 3 weeks with problems with the top (it would only open half way then stop) they replaced every conceivable part before finding one of the wing sensors was bad. Then the deck lid would not close, two weeks to fix that, now, we had a major rain in Texas and trunk was half full of water after the storm. Brings "quirky" to a new level.(2008 Eos Lux Pkg)
    I know how you feel! I got an attorney and they agreed that it was an official lemon and agree to replace it with a new car; however the new car had nothing in it, just basic. Now I am waiting for another one that has everything in it that mine had. At this point I am hearing that the 2008 also leaks. I think they should just recall all of them until they work out the kinks.
    I am now shopping for a new attorney because I don't even want another EOS, I want something else.
    Once I find an attorney i will post the process.
    Wow I'm sorry for you guys.
    I've got a '07 and she hasn't leaked a drop (fingers crossed).
  • aw57aw57 Member Posts: 12
    I picked up my 2008 Eos at the end of May. I park it in a garage, but have driven through a few rainstorms and have had the car washed in a car wash. No leaks. Also, I have never had a problem with the top being stuck mid-way. So far, the car is a complete joy to drive.