Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Land Cruiser

Comments

• stevenginastevengina Member Posts: 15
    Swapping the 2001 TLC stereo with the 2000 will not work. The 2001 stereo integrates completely different than the 2000 stereo does. Unfortunitly, your barking up the wrong tree. If it was that easy I'm sure Toyota would have come to that conclusion along time ago. Also good luck on finding any dealer that will try this, any malfunction and they put themselfs at full risk. Sorry- good suggestion though.
  • scifiscifi Member Posts: 54
    I hope that laura2 wasn't being misled when she posted (#384) her trial and tribulations with a dealership. I don't mean to undermine any of your efforts Stevengina; I sincerely hope your lawsuit turns out well.
  • trucklover2trucklover2 Member Posts: 18
    Now I have already eaten a little crow with you once when I said that there was no problem with the stereo. so I will tread lightly with this one.

I seriously dought that toy would settle to buy back your LC after you have driven it for 1-2 yrs.

It would be more logical and more cost effective to simply replace your stereo as a settlement. Why would they settle to accept a 10-15k depreciation on your LC when they could make you happy and spend less by even going as far as to replace your sys with the Mark L. sys from the Lex.

I truly think that your hopes of driving that 50k truck for 2 yrs free just might be a little too high. especially if the reports of a fix are true.

This would effectively stop your suit in its tracks.

Truck
  • rruck1rruck1 Member Posts: 91
    I own a Sequioa, not a Land Cruiser, and have experienced similiar problems with the radio. The bass is too loud and often can not be adjusted to a perfect level. I knew this going into my purchase and decided that I could live with it. I would like to see it fixed, but I wouldn't think that I would have the right to sue over something that I knew ahead of time.
    Was this problem a surprise to the TLC owners who are posting about it here?
    Truck lover-I thought the same thing as you , till my attorney explained the law. After a 30 day notice of filling suit to Toyota, and if they don't respond in a timely manor (which they have not) , the lawsuit goes forward. It makes know difference if they find a fix during the lawsuit or not. The laws completely protect the consumer at this point. Of matter of fact - if they come out with a fix now, California law allows you to get double damages under willful intent. In other words for 6 months they keep saying that there is no problem with the stereo and then all of a sudden they come out with a fix now admitting there is a problem. That more or less means that they knew there was a problem all along and just didn't want the financial responsibility of admitting fault. The laws I will admit I don't fully understand, but be honest with everyone reading your post- I'm not sure you do ether. I will be more than happy to let you or any other reader of these post to refer them to my attorney-(My email address is Steven_schreiber@Genevaco.com) For any further questions you all might have. Please keep in mind that my attorney is so confident on this lawsuit, that he is taking it on contegency- Something tells me he wouldn't waste his time if the laws didn't protect me.

RRuck1-
    From my understanding the problem in the Sequoia is nothing even close to the problem in the TLC. The TLC is an obvious design problem to all TLC owners- this does not seem to be the case on the Sequoia-compare the two, hugh difference.
    Again my attorney assures me that if you put this in front of a jury it is a no brainer, whether you were aware of the problem at time of purchase or not. My attorney also assures me that Toyota will most definitely settle before it gets in front of a jury.
    There was a time when I just wanted the damm thing fixed- I just can't tolerate the lies.. and this I won't apologize for... shame on Toyota.
  • dwrichadwricha Member Posts: 24
    Regarding the post of the guy where the 1997 Tlc fitted his budget. I have a 97 and love it. Hadn't had but a few problems that I think resulted from wear. Beyond that, there's no other suv to compare. Owning a older one, you'd enjoy it.
    Good luck!!
  • ruking1ruking1 Member Posts: 19,826
    Yes, I would not have a problem at all with a 94,95,96,97, except for the "brake pad" eating issue. I typically get 40-50k on oem pads. I have used the last change to try the carbon metallic TRD pads. They seem to be grippier (if that is a real word)
  • ssolomon2ssolomon2 Member Posts: 5
    I've got 49,000 on my '98 740I (which is the finest car I've owned), friend of mine works for Toyota and I have a chance to purchase a new 2000 LC. Seems to be a great vehicle as I've been driving it for a week.

Any commnents, etc.?

Thanks
    What you said makes sense. Maybe I should rush out and get a 2k1 LC, join your lawsuit and hope for double damages.

Truck!
  • edsel4uedsel4u Member Posts: 39
    "Trading my 740I for Land Cruiser; Comments?"

This is the proverbial "Apples and Oranges" comparison. If you never need to tow, venture off-road or navigate through five or more inches of snow then you might be making a mistake. If you enjoy spirited driving in one of the safest vehicles on the road then stick with BMW. BMW maintenance is more expensive but that's the price of owning a high performance vehicle.

If I could fit in a 740il it would be parked in my driveway now. At 6'5" I opted for the 2000 LC instead. The 2000 LC is now a companion for the 1991 LC which my son now drives (also 6'5"). I think I will always own a Land Cruiser. My wife's 528i is very uncomfortable for me beyond one hour even though it actually has a little more front leg room than the 740i or 740il. But what a joyous "ride"!

BMW's are very special automobiles that are supremely rewarding to drive. The LC is a truck with some leather seats. If you can afford both, keep the 740i and buy a LC, then you will be in automobile nirvana. If you can't, then think carefully about whether you want an "Apple" or a "Orange"
    The carbon metallic TRD pads are for the front axle ONLY. The rear axle are still OEM pads.
    It is neat that your Toyota dealer lets you take it to get used to it! The dealer I have been using for years, also lets me do that.

To keep both BMW 740i and TLC is probably ideal, but for one reason or another if you need to get it down to one vehicle the real question is do you have more of the need for utility or "the ultimate driving experience" the utility does exact a premium or cost. You have a nice dilemma that most folks would love to have!
  • halcyondayshalcyondays Member Posts: 5
    We are wondering about the effectiveness of the anti-theft system on the 2000 model. Given the high value of a late model TLC, can the pro thieves get around it? Ours is parked in an unguarded lot near downtown and we are wondering if we should consider additional precautions. TIA for any help.
    If you are concerned with the vehicle being stolen then a lojac for sure. I have mine also all full of sensors but kinda wonder at times, as it goes off for stuff like people looking at it too long etc etc.
  • lc2000lc2000 Member Posts: 33
    Just for the record, a LOJAK system will not prevent your car from being stolen. LOJAK is a vehicle recovery system and only works after the a car equipped with it has been reported stolen. The system is excellent and I have it installed in all my vehicles. Several years ago, I worked as a project manager for the LA Sheriff's Department to bring the system on line. If your car is stolen, LOJAK is your best chance of getting it back in one piece.
  • bwrsrobwrsro Member Posts: 3
    A little information to share with those of us who have experienced the annoying heat shield rattle with the 1998 and 1999 TLCs.

I checked with the dealership and confirmed that a Technical Service Bulletin TSB)was issued by Toyota. It came out in the summer of 2000. The TSB identifies the design problem and the recommended modifications. Unfortunately, it also limited the repairs to the standard 3 year / 36,000 miles.

As my TLC has over 50k miles, the service folks at the local Toyota dealership could not fix it under warranty. They recommended that I contact Toyota directly.

I sent Toyota an e:mail detailing the problem and and the out of warranty concerns.

It took a couple of weeks, but yesterday the dealership called, informed me that the parts are in, and that Toyota was covering the cost of repairs.

Oh, what a feeling!!!

By the way, I took a test drive on the new Highlander. Nice vehicle. However, the engine noise in the passenger compartment is excessive to what I have become accustomed to in my Land Cruiser.
    Thanks for the input. Couldn't afford to keep the 740I and get the LC. Yes, the BMW is by far the best driving car on the road and I had 50,000 miles of driving pleasure. However, change is good and with the new BMW 7 coming out soon and my mileage, I believe the value which had already started to go down was going to drop even more.

After driving the LC, which by the way didn't mention was purchased by the dealer through the Auction, was driven by someone in the Gulf States Toyota Division, so it's never been titled and had 10,000 miles. I was able to purchase it for 44,000.00; I couldn't pass on the deal and after driving the LC for a week, I reallly began to appreciate the quality, etc. Thanks again.
  • cliffy1cliffy1 Member Posts: 3,581
    Because of the engine immobilizer system on the LC, the chances of theft are greatly reduced. It is not possible to hot wire this thing under any circumstances. To start it, you must have the original key with the chip in it or replace the engine computer. This means, in order to steal it, one must either car jack it or tow it away with a flat bed truck and then replace the computer at a cost of about $3000.
  • carsavvycarsavvy Member Posts: 4
    has anyone driven their 2000LC with snow chains on? What brand, model # of the chains did you use? Any clearance problems? I'm trying to decide on cable vs. chain. Thanks for any feedback.
  • endodocendodoc Member Posts: 15
    the three years are coming up on my cruiser. I've had two with a four runner in between. it's been great truck winter and summer- with minor off road duty. I'm very spoiled with a cheap (525) lease because of the high residual 38,500. I'm thinking of Volvo cc- Audi all road - MDX-all more expensive than keeping the old cruiser. however my wife thinks it just too big for our normal suburban life style. after ten years in big trucks it's hard to think of driving a wagon. we have no kids just some weekly grandchildren duty.. I would appreciate any comments. ( I read the article this week in edmunds about giving up the tlc for an allroad also cars are important to me and i'm not going drive a little four wheel drive wagon just because i could(baby boomer mentality-sorry) thanks
    I tend to look at the long term effects of "cost per mile" I also look at vehicles in terms of 100,000 miles, and multiples thereafter. If the cost per mile is comparable, it is up to your fickleness at the moment. For me, long ago I was shocked that the cost to run a TLC was slightly less than the cost to run a camry (neigborhood of .22 to .23 cents a mile, plus I still have the TLC and had to sell the Camry (unscheduled maintenance dog) I would not get a 4 wheel drive car wagon, they dont even approach the durability and reliabily of the TLC.
  • margom1margom1 Member Posts: 1
    I have been reading these posts for awhile, as I need to select a new car shortly (97 acura rl lease ends early april). I have decided to go w/ 4 wheel for snow driving and storage capacity. This car will be used to haul around my 19 month old and second baby due in May. Only hesitation w/ LC is various complaints on this post re: stereo problems. Is this just an inherent issue w/ 01 tlc? Is it bad enough to reconsider this car? Also, any recent purchaser's willing to share their purchase or lease price? Thanks for the help?
    If it ain't broke don't fix it!

if you like the LC why change? You will just wind up hating yourself in the long run.

My .02

Truck
  • daved528daved528 Member Posts: 2
    re:#425

We just bought a 2000 TLC this weekend. Originally were looking at the Sequoia and MDX. After a few rides in the MDX, wasn't happy with the noise level, torque steer under accel, and four month waiting list at MSRP. The Sequoia rode great, quieter than the TLC, but really too big (long) for my tastes.

The dealer had a 2000 TLC in the showroom, which was way too expensive at 57K sticker. When I expressed interest, he said it could be had at ~$50K (only $5k more than the Sequoia). Final negotiations came out at ~$47K. More than I wanted to pay, but we got the #1 SUV out there, IMO. TLC had less than 100 miles, never titled. I read some info about 2001 stereo problem, this unit sounds great.

Sold my 95 Explorer to my sister to purchase this. Can't wait for some snow or mud to test out the 4wd.

daved
  • nota4renota4re Member Posts: 54
    Bwrsro- Can you e-mail me with the e-mail address you used to address Toyota regarding the heat shields? I too have a '98 TLC and I eventually removed the heat shields after the dealer refused to cover them under warranty. It's a little discouaging as each of the 4 smaller shields are torn in the exact same place. Clearly a design issue. I occasionally off-road the TLC and I don't want to start any fires. I would like to see if I can get Toyota to consider my case. Thanks for the info. kpond@pacificnet.net
  • mobiweldmobiweld Member Posts: 99
    I got my '98 heat shield rattle repaired on Saturday. 46,000 miles and they covered it under warranty. However, I did complain of the problem when it was under warranty, but there was no solution at the time.

Scott
    San Diego
  • dianne4toyotadianne4toyota Member Posts: 343
    Great purchase. Nice deal too. LC's the finest SUV out there, by far. I keep having folks try to compare the SEQ and LC and you only have to drive one to see the difference.
  • freebird3freebird3 Member Posts: 12
    I am having the same thought process you did about the TLC vs. Seq. I just found out that I would have to get a LTD SEQ in order to get heated seats thus narowing the price differential even further. Can you please post what options your 2000 TLC came with and perhaps the dealer to help me in negotiating down the price of the 2000 TLC I have found at my dealer? Please include color and all options at your earliest convenience. Thanks in advance for your response. You can e-mail me at mfreeman@hinshawlaw.com if you prefer.
  • daved528daved528 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks dianne, I need that backup about a good deal. Buyer's remorse and all that! I drive the TLC from NNJ to Boston tomorrow, can't wait to give it a spin.

Took out the third row seats tonite, it'll be easier the next time. I found that you must fold down the second row to remove third row, but didn't see that in the instructions.

freebird3, I bought from a dealer in NNJ. Options include third row, preferred equip (rack, run boards, rear deflect, etc.), mats, list was $57K and change. Color is white, interior "oak". It was the only one they had, 2000 or 2001, build date was 3/2000. I don't know how long it was sitting on the floor.

If you want more info, send email to daved528@hotmail.com.
  • zuma13zuma13 Member Posts: 35
    I purchased my 2001 TLC on November 27th and to date I have not had to return to the dealer for ANY kind of unscheduled maintenance or problems. Not a rattle, buzz, creak, nor wind noise to interrupt the sheer enjoyment driving this vehicle evokes.

Yes, the audio system is an absolute "downer". On the other hand, however, the navigation system is simple to use and extremely accurate in getting you to where you want to go.

I had only one occasion thus far to use the anti-skid system, though unwittingly. Two weekends ago we had a good accumulation of snow in the Southern California foothills not too far from Santa Barbara where we live. I decided to pack-up the two german sheperds, the wife and the mother-in-law (not necessarily in that order) and put the Cruiser through its paces in the snow.

The trip was uneventful but for one unforeseen potentially terrorfying moment. I was travelling about 50 mph on dry pavement. I came over a rise where the road veered to the left. No problem but for the fact there had been a substantial mud-flow across the road which I hit at about 45 mph. Keep in mind I was already in a left directional turn when I hit this mud which was about axle deep.

When I hit the mud the vehicle started to float and I first thought the rear end was going to come around on my right. Before I could react buzzers were sounding and lights on the dash were flashing indicative of the anti skid system kicking in. The cruiser never lost its composure and continued in the direction I pointed the steering wheel. I was able to steer and drive my way out of the quagmire and onto dry pavement. What a ride, what an adrenaline rush, what a superlative vehicle.

Knowing now what I know about the audio system would not deter my enthusiasm for this vehicle. Toyota says they intend to fix it and I'm taking them at their word.
  • lc2000lc2000 Member Posts: 33
    HUH? You do not have to fold down the second row seats in order to remove the third row seats. The trick is, after you unlatch a third row seat, lift it up (side closest to the latch first)and out. Don't try to slide it out, because it won't slide. To replace the seat, reverse the process. Set the front of the seat on the hook (bar) then lower the side closest to the latch down and lock it. And you're right, it is easier the second time you do it :-)
  • kumikumi Member Posts: 1
    I,ve begun my search for a 2001 Vehicle. My preferences are the TLC, ML320 and the X5. Frankly my hearst prefers the TLC but my head wants to make sure I get the best vehicle for my money. Some of the negative comments about TLC's JBL system scares me a little. I normally keep my cars 10+ years and good and dependable sound system is as important as the ride. Somebody please reassure me or discourage me. Secondly, what is the best price I can expect to pay (I'm in CT) for the 2001TLC with the Nav system,3rd Seat and the C9 package(includes running boards, Rear deflector, roof rack)and gold package? Is the LS470 really worth 8-10K extra over the LC?should ITLC. You can email the info to me via info@africanheritagecollection.com Thanks. Kumi
  • vmaniquivmaniqui Member Posts: 7
    Nothing will defer me from getting the 01 TLC. Even if it has the annoying stereo. Since from one of the post above- Toyota will have a fix pretty soon why worry. Only thing is, I should have waited for the 01 as they have the nav system. i have a 00 TLC and have talked to the dealership about the possibility of installing the nav on my LC but no can do. Remember you're getting the best SUV. IMHO Lexus is an expensive TLC. If i were you get the 01 TLC instead of the Lexus and keep the extra money.
  • bobformanbobforman Member Posts: 13
    Ptown, did you get any response to your inquiry? I too am wondering about the viability of a 97 TLC. The price premium on the 98+ is such that you want to consider a 96-97. I owned a wonderful 88 TLC that I finally sold mainly for the horrible gas mileage (12). I have heard the more round TLC's get better mileage and that the V8's do even better. Up to 17 or 18 if not driven too fast.

I am again looking for a TLC and have driven both the V8 and the six. The six sounds exactly like my 88 but is has about 30 more HP. It seems to be more speedy than the earlier model but doesn't match the V8 at all. I'm spoiled after driving a 98 that I have almost totally dismissed the six as a dinosaur. Also, some of the amenities such as the cup holders and storage are not as convenient.

I have found 2 97's that are in incredible shape with low miles and will sell for about 13000 less than one that is one year newer, but when I think of not being able to pass an RV up a long hill, I think I'll stay on the hunt for a good, affordable 98 or newer. Bob Forman
  • ptownptown Member Posts: 9
    Yes, i got response to my inquiries (thanks cliffy1, joeeblow1, jwricha, et al) that helped lead to my purchase of a 97 LC a few days ago. I got a certified limited edition that rolled off the line in 12/97 with a 6 year/100k warranty (expires 12/03) with 43,000 miles on it. Power sunroof, privacy glass, desert dune color, sparkling inside and out, with just about all extras except locking diff (it even had retractable cup holder above CD player), for $28,500 from dealer in San Francisco bay area.

I'm not going to do any towing or extensive off-roading (mostly family trips to Tahoe, camping weekends and hunting at Colorado ranch) so I couldn't justify the extra expense for V8 (nor could I afford it). After just a few days behind the wheel, quality of this rig is so much superior to my old Explorer- no comparison. I'm not counting on great mileage (12-15 mpg) but hope to make up for it in fewer unscheduled maintenance costs.

So far, I couldn't be happier- no buyer's remorse here. I have yet to try to pass an RV on I-80 to Tahoe yet, but I'm heading up the hill in a few weeks and will report back if I have any problems.
  • bobformanbobforman Member Posts: 13
    Ptown, Best of Luck. I don't think you ever go wrong buying quality, that the TLC represents. There is a beautiful Collectors edition (which means nothing to this buyer) at the dealer in Bellevue that is tempting, but it's sitting next to a 98. Life shouldn't be this tough.

I'll look forward to hearing how your rig handles. Bob
    Kumi- Toyota just responded to my lawsuit finaly and they said that the only thing wrong is a loose speaker in the door. As my attorney states "this is a company that has no intentions on a fix for this." Feel free to email me at .. steven_schreiber@genevaco.com.. and I will fill you in on the details of what Toyota has drug myself and many others through regarding the stereo blues. Would I purchase this SUV with what I know now?? Toyotas lies continue.. shame on Toyota!
  • joeeblow1joeeblow1 Member Posts: 238
    [i]So far, I couldn't be happier- no buyer's remorse here. I have yet to try to pass an RV on I-80 to Tahoe yet, but I'm heading up the hill in a few weeks and will report back if I have any problems.[/i]

You may want to consider the TRD supercharger in the future.
  • ptownptown Member Posts: 9
    bobforman- you're right about buying quality. And you bring up another question I forgot to ask about the "Collector's Edition" LC. What exactly does that mean? It didn't mean much to me either, but now that you mention it, I'm curious. Anybody know?

Thanks for the supercharger input, joeeblow1. How much power does it add, and how much to install?
  • joeeblow1joeeblow1 Member Posts: 238
    The collector's edition was put out in '97, and I believe it was a dealer added option. The 40th anniv edition was from factory, but again I'm not 100% sure. If you're unaware, toyota has been producing the TLC since 1953, and it was first imported to US in '58 (fj25 model). I've got a '60 hardtop model fj25 and a '93 fzj80.

The TRD supercharger costs between $2800 and $3500, and it's set up to be installed by the user. The dealer will install it, of course, for an extra fee. The Safari charger is a unit from Oz, and I believe it's a turbocharger. It costs more and has to be installed by a Safari dealer, which right now is Man-A-Fre (for US). See the Kazuma website for more info on the TRD supercharger or Christo Slee's site (http://www.sleeoffroad.com/technical/tz_super.htm).
  • gunnerisacgunnerisac Member Posts: 8
    Had the "beast" in for it's 30,000 service. Love this vehicle. Had annoying rattle which started about 25k. Dealership acknowledged problem and has ordered parts for correction.

Also, transmission is a little jerky when moving back from passing gear @ 60mph or above. Not frequently, but sporadically. Dealership claims that with transmission fluid change they see no problem. Haven't had a chance to test yet. Anyone else aware of this?
  • stevelrstevelr Member Posts: 1
    I am new to this and have been looking for a SUV to replace my Bronco and the TLC seems great but expensive.

I am looking at a 2001 LC with the third seat and about $4200 of options. What would one expect to have to pay for it at this point in time? Are thereany special dealers in the contry to get an exceptional on one? Also any comment about the dealer saying that he couldn't find one w/o a 3rd row seat.

Thanks for any input provided.

Steve
  • 2cruisers2cruisers Member Posts: 5
    Have been reading this message board for some time and enjoy staying current with the Cruiser news.

I have a 93 fzj80 with 138,000 miles and it still drives better than most new cars. In fact my wife liked it so much that when it was time to turn in our 98 Expedition she picked a 2000 TLC and she has been in heaven for the past month.It's her dream car and with 2 kids and 2 dogs it fullfills all our needs.

I've owned 2 Jeeps and the Expedition and I still can not believe it took me this long to find the advantages of owning a TLC. You shop only price and you make poor decisions. The TLC is worth the money.

Looked at the Sequioa and it's a nice SUV but someone else said it best, " It's not a Landcruiser.

I hope this brief comment will help someone else make the right future SUV purchase.
    I've just finished one week after trading my 740I in for the 2000 TLC. This was one of the harvest car decisions I've had to make.

One thing for sure, the 740I is one of the best sedans on the road. Comfort, handling, pleasure of driving, etc.

However, the more I'm in the LC, the more I like it. It undoubtably is the best riding SUV. I've driven them all and owned a few Suburbans.

One good point is that I'm driving slower than with the BMW, so I'm sure that's a plus. I really like the versatility of the LC for every day use, etc.

Thanks to all those who have posted in the past on their own experiences.

ps. I also looked at the LX 470 and to tell you the truth I like having the Land Cruiser nameplate and all the money I saved.
  • mghmgh Member Posts: 43
    Have you guys notice the change in the new

Cruisers and LX470's. They are installing Plastic

rear wind deflectors. What happen to the metal

ones? Does anybody here knows why? (They look and

feel really cheap.)

Thanks,

MG
    I am glad to hear that the switch from BMW 740i to TLC turned out nicely for you!
  • rewyllysrewyllys Member Posts: 24
    Here's a question that I hope someone with personal experience can give me an answer to.

I'm considering buying an Escort Passport SR1 radar detector to be installed in my 2001 Lexus LX470. The SR1 is a model whose detector is concealed behind the front grille, with a separate display mounted in the passenger compartment.

Having been told that the display would be mounted on the top of the steering column, just under my line of sight through the top of the steering wheel to the instrument panel, I can't help wondering how this actually works out for the driver.

Does anyone have personal experience with such an installation in an LX470 or a Toyota Land Cruiser? If so, I'd certainly appreciate your comments on how satisfactory such an installation has been for you.

Thanks in advance for your help.
  • drew_drew_ Member Posts: 3,382
    I see that you have already posted your message in the Radar detectors discussion topic in the Aftermarket & Accessories message board. Hopefully someone can help you out in here or there.

Drew
    Host
    Vans and SUVs message boards
  • mghmgh Member Posts: 43
    rewyllys

For whatever is worth...

I Don't know this particular set up, but if you want full protection for your LX470 I will strongly recommend you to buy the VALENTINE ONE RADAR DETECTOR. You can also add the remote feature so outside people don't see it at night when in alerting mode.

THIS IS THE BEST PROTECTION MONEY CAN BUY 360 DEGREES.Plus you can always take it and use it in a high performance car remenber that the LX470?Land cruiser is electronically limited.

Visit the web http://www.valentine1.com/ it even tells you where and how many are pointing at you. I had passports and a escorts since 1986 back then they where the best. But after the company split the partner with the brains open his own company and develop VALENTINE.

• dianne4toyotadianne4toyota Member Posts: 343
    Well, got another rock star's Landcruiser trade here, this time a 2001 Thunder Cloud/gray leather with Nav, BG, CF, and C7, and 6k miles. Too darn big for the guy, so he swapped it for a Limited 4Runner last week.

In regards to the 740 BMW trade, wow, 7 series are nice cars! Only fitting it ought to come in for our best as well.

stevelr, the Landcruiser minimal extras here in CA are BG and FE. Yes, you will get a third rear seat and rear air at the very least. The "C7" is optional (roof rack, rear deflector, runn boards, rear mat) as are the actual floor mats. I know MSRP in Calif is $57600 for a car with C7 CF BG and FE... and losing the "C7" is a $1780 deduction. Meaning, the "basic" car with BG and FE stickers for $55820. I have sold cars like that for under $50000 in the past before the 11/1/00 pricing increased the 2001 models. That may be a good idea for you to price with BUT don't expect dealers across the USA to bow to pricing like that, as I am very aggressive for Landcruiser pricing where others smaller might not be. :D

Dianne
    dianne@earthlink.net