Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volkswagen CC Maintenance and Repair

2»

Comments

• mhl13mhl13 Posts: 1
    I am trying to decide which car I should buy and hope some one can provide some insight. My last two cars have both been a '98 Camry and '07 Camry. I will be putting 14K down.

2012 Toyota Camry SE 28K miles for $19,000 certified

or

2010 VW CC VR6 4Motion 21K miles for $23,000 certified

My main concerns with VW are powertrain issues, maintenance costs and depreciation. In addition, it's a 2010 and if my loan is 5 yrs it will be 8-9 yrs old when paid off.

What would you do and why?

Thank you for your help,
    M
  • ohenryxohenryx Posts: 285
    Truecar.com says you should be able to buy a brand new 2013 Camry SE for $21,507. Why are you even thinking about a used one? If you're going to finance for 5 years, the monthly payments are not going to change significantly.
  • I had to replace my battery on my 2011 CC Sport. I've owned the car 2.5 yrs and have approx. 36,000 miles. I've never had to replace a battery in such a short period of time but I've also never owned a VW. I usually keep a car 8-10 years. I love the CC's ride, but I don't see myself owning it that long. I will be going back to Honda or Subaru.

I also have experienced a small lag during acceleration but nothing like "watchtrader" or "slkr" have experienced.

• jccai1jccai1 Posts: 103

2.5 years of life for a battery is not that unusual if you live in hot climates. The batteries in our Acura and Lexus vehicles both only lasted 3 years. It was my experience with Honda cars that I had previously owned, as well. The longest lasting battery (5.5 years) I had was in a Volvo, but in that car the battery resided under the trunk floor, away from the engine heat.

2»