Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MINI Cooper Lease Questions

1212223242527»

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,962
    $900 savings seems about right...

Try for everything you can get..... they dropped the money factor bump, pretty quickly..

The destination fee should already be calculated into the deal.. .it's part of the MSRP and should be part of any negotiated price.. Any attempt to add that later is just bad faith bargaining..

I'm not familiar with the $750 credit, but you should definitely bring it up... If they say it's already included in their deal, give them your best incredulous look and say, "You mean you are only giving me $250 off the MSRP??!!"

If you are willing to take the deal on the table, then asking for more can't hurt... you can only win...

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Could somebody please tell me what the MF and Residual is for 36/15K for a 2014 Clubman (non-S or JCW). Thank you!
  • We are looking at leasing car this week.
    Understand November residual and MF for 36m/10kpa 57.5% and 0.00127 respectively.
    Would appreciate someone confirming.
    Further, we are being told that $725 lease acquisition fee can be waived against corresponding increase in MF of 0.00035.
    Looks like a no brainer at approx. USD19/month.
    For reference, we are being offered USD1500 discount over MSRP35k plus USD750 you-ification credit.
    Do not think we can push dealer much more, however want to ensure MF and residual correct.
    Many thanks for help.
    I'm sorry, but we don't have the November MINI lease numbers..

Yeah... on MINIs, taking the acquisition fee waiver can work in your favor.. Here, you save about $50, but you also take away the chance for the dealer to mark up the acquisition fee by $200...

It really pays off on shorter term leases..

• Ok. Going to the dealer tomorrow. Final set of questions:
    1) Is RV calculated from MSRP or net cap cost?
    2) Is depreciation calculated from MSRP - RV or Cap Cost-RV?
    MSRP X residual% = Residual

CAP Cost - Residual = Depreciation

regards,
    kyfdx

• Hi kyfdx,

Can you tell me the December Money Factor and Residual for: 2013 Mini Hardtop S 15k / 36mo

Thanks, Jarvis

2013 MINI Cooper S Hardtop Coupe 36mo, 15K/yr lease .00120 MF and 55% residual $1000 lease cash, and no security deposit required.

regards, kyfdx

• Could somebody please tell me what the current Money Factor and Residual Percentage is for 36 month, 12,000 mile/year lease on a 2013 Mini Cooper S?

My understanding is the acquisition fee is $795, but can be marked up to $995 by the dealer, or it may also be waived for an increase in the Money Factor. The Residual Percentage is applied against the MSRP of the vehicle, while the Cap Cost is based on the negotiated price. If I have any misconceptions here, I would welcome some clarification. Thanks in advance.

.00125 MF and 58% residual. There is also $1000 of lease cash on this model.

All of your assumptions are correct, except I think the acquisition fee numbers are $725 and $925. Also, there is no security deposit required on this model, this month.

kyfdx

• Hi Car_man, could you please let us know the December MF and residual % for the MINI Countryman All4 '14 36 months, 12K and 15K mi/year (if possible). Happy holidays and thanks in advance!

• Hello, Can you please let me know the December MF and residual % for the '14 Mini Paceman 36 mo, 12k and 15k? Thank yoU!!

@swimskibike said: Hi Car_man, could you please let us know the December MF and residual % for the MINI Countryman All4 '14 36 months, 12K and 15K mi/year (if possible). Happy holidays and thanks in advance!

.00125 MF and 57% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr lease

Add 2% for 12K/yr

kyfdx

@wille0n said: Hello, Can you please let me know the December MF and residual % for the '14 Mini Paceman 36 mo, 12k and 15k? Thank yoU!!

.00125 MF and 55% for 36mo, 15K/yr lease

Add 2% for 12K/yr

kyfdx

• flzriderflzrider Posts: 2

1st time poster here. This looks like a great forum for lease information.

I'm looking for the MF and Residual % for the 2014 Mini Countryman S for a 36 month, 10k miles/yr lease.

Thanks in advance!

• joshknotjoshknot Posts: 17

Hi there kyfdx; hoping you can share the current Residual % and Money Factor for three different 2014 models: Cooper S Coupe, Cooper S Roadster and Cooper S Hardtop. Looking for 36 months at 12k miles/yr in all cases.

Additionally, curious what the residual value impact would be if I went with 10k miles vs. the 12k.

Any insight you can provide will be greatly appreciated- thanks!

2014 S Coupe: .00127 MF and 58% residual

2014 S Roadster: .00123 MF and 57% residual

I don't have any numbers for the 2014 Hardtop, which leads me to believe it isn't in dealers, this month...

2013 S Hardtop: .00127 MF and 57%, with $1000 lease cash

• Hi KYFDX! Can you tell me what the lease terms should be (MF, Residual, acquistion fee, security deposit)? 2014 Countryman S All4. MSRP is $33045. Dealer says Sale Price (either lease or buy) is $30,545 ($2500 off MSRP). lease is 36 months, 15k miles per year. He's asking for $3k down and $359/month. Using my formulas, numbers don't add up. I have 800+ credit score. In New Jersey if that matters. Thanks!

.00120 MF and 56% residual.

I show $1000 of lease cash, $1000 Youification credit and $500 lease loyalty (if you qualify)... so, with $2000 of incentives from MINI, $2500 off isn't amazing.. That said, I haven't shopped for a MINI in about 5 years.. I'm not sure what the acquisition fee is.. but it's $725 for BMW, so that's a good guess for MINI, as well..

Your $3000 down? Is that the total due at signing? Or, is it $3000 downpayment + 1st payment + security deposit + acquisition fee? Taxes included, or not? Security deposit is always the payment amount rounded up to the next $50 increment ($400 in this case).

If you just take the selling price, and deduct the $3000 down, the payment would be about $307/mo, pre-tax... Add in $725 acquisition fee and around $1100 in taxes, plus $400 for NJ registration.. Then, you are up to about $370/mo..

So.. their numbers look pretty spot on, to me... if it includes tax.

• Thank you for your response.

The $3k due at inception is for: $239.50 DMV fees $6 NJ Tire Tax $136.17 is some sort of tax $389 Doc fee $925 acquisition/bank fee $359 first month lease payment $945.33 cap cost reduction

Additionally, I am trading in a used car for $15,500 (which I own free & clear). They are giving me back a check for $12,500 and using the $3000 for the above. They are telling me I am getting a tax benefit for the full $15,500, even though I'm getting most of that back? Does that make sense to you?

The $359 a month includes sales tax. The dealer said the MF is 0.00170 and he gave me the same 56% residual ($18,505.20)

I downloaded an excel file that calculates the payment. After inputting all that in, I'm coming in higher than the $359. Is the difference the sales tax benefit from the trade???

The difference could well be the tax credit. I assumed about $1100 for taxes, but if NJ allows trade-in tax credit on a lease, then that would cut that way down. And, if they do allow it, then it doesn't matter if you get a check, or apply it all to the lease. Tax credit for trade-in isn't contingent on how the free cash is applied.

This really isn't a great deal... $2000 in credits from MINI, and they only give you $2500 off. Plus, taking the maximum markups on the money factor and acquisition fee (base fee is $725). It's a decent lease program without the markups and with the $2000 of incentives. As this deal sits, the dealer is basically getting MSRP for the vehicle. All that said, I don't know the market. MINI dealers don't have a lot of close geographical competition. Plus, you have a trade-in. Are they giving you market value, or over-allowing? All of those variables matter, but are hard to know with certainty.

I hate paying finance fee markups, though... that gets under my skin.

• A friend's Mini has just dropped another $2K bill on him and he's ready to trade in and lease. I'm out to aid in the process but am out of the loop as far as Mini money factors. If CarMan@edmunds could share the info of what the Mini money factor and depreciation are for a '14 S convertible, 3 yr, 10K/yr lease, it would be most appreciated. Thanks a bunch!

I'm sorry... I don't have the February numbers.. Last month it was .00127 MF and 56% residual. It's probably slightly different for this month..

• Thanks a bunch. I'm aware there might well be a difference but this gives me at least some guidance. Much appreciated!

• Anyone know when the 0 down $229 lease started? Trying to do research on mf and residuals and what to expect monthly.

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,907

Please visit our 2014 MINI Cooper Lease Questions discussion.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

This discussion has been closed.