Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    edited December 2013

angelod,

Check out weymouth honda's web page.. Sign in and choose your model. Weymouth's lease numbers are pretty acurate up on there web site. Use that number as a guide to pricing. There is always more room to negotiate off that number.

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• hls65hls65 Member Posts: 6

Anyone manage to get Dealership to give up the 3K they get from honda for each car they sell over last Dec. final numbers? I am wondering if possible to buy at invoice minus $3000?

If you find the right dealership you may get it on a 2013 model.

• rssdrssd Member Posts: 7

I have been also waiting for the post Christmas timeframe to pull the trigger on a 2014 CR-V LX. I started off with getting quotes using TrueCar, and the best price in San Diego is around 22,100 + TTL. I am waiting for post-Christmas timeframe when I will also take some time off from work, and the timing should line up for the $3000 inventive (which would expire at end of the year).

My target price is $21,000 + TTL. This basically means I'm hoping to get $1000 off from today's price, if the dealer is motivated to split the profit. I am OK splitting the $3000 between myself, the salesman and the dealership! I assume there are plenty others who are also looking at this opportunity so I would not wait till Dec 31st, which would be the last day of promotion. Keep in mind that dealerships can only get this promotion upon accomplishing the 20% target. Meaning that if they sold 100 cars in Dec 2012, then need to sell 20 more to get the incentive across all 20 of them. There is no incentive for selling that 21st vehicle!

I am also trying to rope-in a friend of mine who is driving a 12 year old Civic, and that way we could make a 'bundle' offer to make it more interesting to the dealer.

Comments are welcome, and I hope you share your strategy and targets as well. Especially if there is anyone out there in SoCal I would definitely like to get in touch with you.

Wish you all Happy Holidays and the very best!

• gjmgjmpt1gjmgjmpt1 Member Posts: 11

@brian125 said:
    Couple of hundred.. I would not go crazy your area the market is alot tighter. I would only suggest if one/two of the 10 dealers are closer to your house make a pitch to the 2 closest ones. tell dealerships that for 24 k including flex, dest/ charge and your doc fee you buy from them that moment for the sale. Yes or No. Tell other dealerships xxx honda will get your business as soon as you hang up the phone if they wont meet your price. This is how you play the game. You have nothing to lose except buy from the 24.2 k dealership.. Call each dealerships internet manager and speak only to him/ her for the sale that moment..If you decide to call back all ten dealerships you might hit your mark of 24k or lower.. Good luck.

HI Brian,

I have called around 10 dealer. No one even ready to match the current offer 24200+TTL for 2014 EX AWD. I thought of completing the deal since I'm out of town during month end. However the new posts about $3000 incentives confused me. Would I be able to gain substantially more in this if I wait till this month. If the benefit is only couple of hundreds then I prefer to do it now. Please advise.

edited December 2013

Gjmp,

I read rssd post he has a good plan he would need to get 15 to 20 dealerships involved to see who needs there end of the month sales numbers. The 3000 dollar incentive he is talking about would be rare to find. most dealerships are giving each person a few extra dollars off that incentive to hit there mark. Buying on Dec 30th or 31 is the best time to buy.. In your case you wont be around so you have a good deal on the table. No reason to wait any longer.

Remember there are other end of the year incentives dealerships are working on not just the 3000 per vehicle. On your deal that we spoke about there is room for a couple of hundred maybe more. The only way to find that out would be to push all your contacted dealerships to the end of the month calling there bluf on pricing.

Dealerships that qualify will be using the 3000 per vehicle on these category's...

1- Cut price make additional profit through volume
    2- Increase TV and radio ad's to promote sales
    3-Use money to help shoppers get financing
    4-Increase digital marketing

Most dealership will only give you a taste of the money.

The only true dealerships that will due good are the dealerships who have grow 120 % since last year.

1500 below invoice plus flex cash is a great deal on a 2014 model. This number is what you should be looking to buy or lease by the end of Dec. Most area's wont get this kind of deal.

You may see good pricing 800 to 1200 below invoice plus flex cash. This would be a very good deal and very do-able at months end.

You guys should make this your starting or ending target price to buy. Take dealerships high doc fee charges into consideration that cuts into your below invoice price.
    Always counter a dealerships high doc fee charge by adding his doc fee onto your target price to buy.. this makes that charge a wash on the bill of sale..

All you folks buying this month you need to figure on your target price to buy and get as many dealerships involved and work your lowest deal by the end of this month.

good luck

Brian

• fnnclplanfnnclplan Member Posts: 11

Here is what I am being quoted in Tucson. Please advise me. Thank you, John
    Vehicle: 2014 HONDA CR-V 2WD * 4dr Wgn EX-L w/Navi
    PURCHASE OPTION
    Vehicle Price: $30,025.00
    Market Savings: - $2,291.00
    SmartChoice Price: $27,734.00
    Gravel Guards: + $124.00
    TRAILER HITCH PKG: + $810.00
    Wheel Locks: + $95.00
    Window Tint Car: + $99.00
    Vehicle Selling Price: $28,862.00

Sales Tax (estimate):   +   $2,337.82    
    Documentation Fee:  +   $399.00  
    Other:  +   $5.00    
    License Fee (estimate):     +   $508.22  
    Balance Due (estimate):         $32,112.04   
    No Trade-In 

FINANCE OPTIONS
    Cash Down 24 months
    APR: .90 %
    $24,612 $316

Note : $500 HONDA DOWN PAYMENT INCLUDED IN CASH DOWN ABOVE/ YOUR DOWN PAYMENT IS $24112

• kevinv25kevinv25 Member Posts: 6
    edited December 2013

I just purchased my 2014 CR-V LX FWD last weekend in SoCal for $21,080 + TTL. That include the $500 flex cash discount when financing with AHFC. The other dealers I went to will not go below $21,500 or didn't have flex cash available. I thought about waiting closer toward the end of the month also for a better deal but I felt $21,080 was a excellent price for this car already.

@rssd said:
    I have been also waiting for the post Christmas timeframe to pull the trigger on a 2014 CR-V LX. I started off with getting quotes using TrueCar, and the best price in San Diego is around 22,100 + TTL. I am waiting for post-Christmas timeframe when I will also take some time off from work, and the timing should line up for the $3000 inventive (which would expire at end of the year).

My target price is $21,000 + TTL. This basically means I'm hoping to get $1000 off from today's price, if the dealer is motivated to split the profit. I am OK splitting the $3000 between myself, the salesman and the dealership! I assume there are plenty others who are also looking at this opportunity so I would not wait till Dec 31st, which would be the last day of promotion. Keep in mind that dealerships can only get this promotion upon accomplishing the 20% target. Meaning that if they sold 100 cars in Dec 2012, then need to sell 20 more to get the incentive across all 20 of them. There is no incentive for selling that 21st vehicle!

I am also trying to rope-in a friend of mine who is driving a 12 year old Civic, and that way we could make a 'bundle' offer to make it more interesting to the dealer.

Comments are welcome, and I hope you share your strategy and targets as well. Especially if there is anyone out there in SoCal I would definitely like to get in touch with you.

Wish you all Happy Holidays and the very best!

fnnclplan,

Is the detanation charge included in this price????

Yes the destination charges are included.

edited December 2013

Here is how i breakdown your deal. 2wd exl w/ nav invoice price=27,404 dest /charge 830= $28,234
    your Quote/selling price w dest charge 27,734. this puts you at 500 below invoice with out options. dealerships doc fee's 399 puts you at 101 below invoice. This is not a good deal

Your accessories priced at cheap honda parts. Not invoice price but pretty close.
    1. - Mud guards...........$69............
    2- wheel locks............$43...............
    3- Trailer hitch...........$269..............
    4-harness kit...............$139.............
    5- window tint.............$99 ........ 4 windows and back tinted for 100/125dollars.....

Add these prices on your invoice price then minus your target price off the new numbers and thats what you should be shooting for.. Read my above target prices for end of dec buying..

Brian, How much should I offer for the OTD price that includes all that is listed in the quote?

edited December 2013

$28,853 this includes dest/ charge and added accessories without taxes, tags, and dealers doc fee charge. I would minus 1300 hundred of this price. That would put you in this vehicle for 901 below invoice with accessories at almost invoice price not sticker price. Dont forget your giving dealer back $399 dollars in doc fee charges. Call more dealerships. know each dealerships doc fee charge before making a offer to buy ..

I would contact 10 more dealerships in your area and let each internet manager know you will buy that moment if he meets your price. Your accessories added is what is going to slow down your deal.

Remember the important thing with your deal is getting that vehicle for 800 to 1500 below invoice price . Especially with that HIGH DOC FEE. If you have to pay a few more dollars for added accessories for installation use your better judgement. Your best deal may lie with finding a crv with your options already on the vehicle.

College hills honda

Cheap honda parts .................. see pricing

Brian, is this how much you are figuring? 28853 - 1300 = 27553 +399 +508 = 28460

yes correct................... then add your states tax for the final otd number..

Do not budge off this number with that dealership.... Wait out the month for the lowest price.. then adjusting [ going higher] if nobody will meet your target price of 901 below invoice price. Play the game/ negotiate hard let dealerships chase you for the sale..

I'll check in later to answer anymore questions.

brian

@kevinv25 said:
    I just purchased my 2014 CR-V LX FWD last weekend in SoCal for $21,080 + TTL. That include the $500 flex cash discount when financing with AHFC. The other dealers I went to will not go below $21,500 or didn't have flex cash available. I thought about waiting closer toward the end of the month also for a better deal but I felt $21,080 was a excellent price for this car already.

@kevinv25:

I think you got a great deal already! Could you please share the dealership name and the contact person if it's OK with you?

• ostrich123ostrich123 Member Posts: 1

@moonlight88, I have visited a few dealers recently. Rusty Wallis is the first one to offer me the price, then Frank Kent beat it by $100. David McDavid Frisco will also do it at around 22300 OTD. Discounts used are: finance with honda and graduate programs. Thats what Ive got so far. Will go to Rusty Walliks to close the deal tmw, hopefully there is no surprises.

• msundaram73msundaram73 Member Posts: 8
    edited December 2013

Just bought 2014 Crv AWD Exl with NaV for 28,550 OTD. Includes, 26,250 of sales price plus 830 of freight charges,plus 200 doc fee, plus roughly 1100 for VA state taxes, plus 95 for tags /title/registration,plus I agreed reluctantly) to pay 99 for wheel locks which they already installed or were charging 40 yo remove it, and I didn't want to haggle over 100 bucks. I think it's about 2500 below invoice. How did I do?

• Vincent_HVincent_H Member Posts: 8

Is it possible to have a group deal for CR-V in Socal? I just wonder to ask

It might work, after all the dealerships want to move more vehicles. What model are you looking for? I'm looking to purchase a 2014 CR-V LX 2WD, and my purchase timeframe is before the end of the year. So that might be 2 of us already. Let us know if you come across a dealer that would cut a better price for a group deal.

Just sent you a message with the details. Good luck.

@rssd said:
    I think you got a great deal already! Could you please share the dealership name and the contact person if it's OK with you?

• cooper123cooper123 Member Posts: 6

In the next month or two, I hope to buy a new CRV EX FWD, but it's been years since I've purchased a new car, and I'm rusty. Is the ideal goal to end up with a price below dealer's invoice price AFTER any dealer fees have been added in? What about tax, tag, license...could you expect to remain under invoice after those have been figured in?

Also, in the comments I looked through, didn't see much price info on the EX FWD. Anyone have any ideas on what a good price might be in North Carolina?

To all forum members in the CRV Forum

If you have any Suggestions to help upgrade this new format. Contact edmunds Via email.

What i dont like is

1- you do not know who is responding to who's post anymore unless that person mentions your name.

2- If your on this site thru aol there is no spell check feature.

If you want to add onto my post with what you find we could send it in..

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

edited December 2013

KYFDX,

Can you put that link in the accord prices paid forum

Tks for the response

Just purchased a 2014 Honda CR-V LX 2WD, 'Basque Red Pearl' from my local dealership in San Diego. I paid $21,000 + TTL + $80 doc fee. OTD price was $23029.65 (includes 8% sales tax in San Diego county).

I did not qualify for any discounts: military, student etc. Also the dealership did not have any 'flex cash'. I did not need financing unless the flex cash helped lower my purchase price, so didn't opt for the Honda financing. $21,000 was my target price and apparently all I had to do was ask at this dealership!

The black side mirrors and door handles actually look quite good on the Burgundy color!

This price includes the floor mats, mud-guards a full tank of gas and the first oil change. I got wheel locks installed for an additional $51 at the dealership.

I don't want to spam unnecessarily, but if anyone is interested I can post the details of dealership and sales person contact. Good luck to everyone in their purchase!

Great price, same as what I got. Looks like more dealers are motivated to sell at $21,000 now. Most dealers wouldn't budge from $21,500 just a week ago.

@rssd said:
    Just purchased a 2014 Honda CR-V LX 2WD, 'Basque Red Pearl' from my local dealership in San Diego. I paid $21,000 + TTL + $80 doc fee. OTD price was $23029.65 (includes 8% sales tax in San Diego county).

I did not qualify for any discounts: military, student etc. Also the dealership did not have any 'flex cash'. I did not need financing unless the flex cash helped lower my purchase price, so didn't opt for the Honda financing. $21,000 was my target price and apparently all I had to do was ask at this dealership!

The black side mirrors and door handles actually look quite good on the Burgundy color!

This price includes the floor mats, mud-guards a full tank of gas and the first oil change. I got wheel locks installed for an additional $51 at the dealership.

I don't want to spam unnecessarily, but if anyone is interested I can post the details of dealership and sales person contact. Good luck to everyone in their purchase!

• stalsstals Member Posts: 2

I have just purchased a 2014 Honda CR-V EX-L 2WD, from my local dealership here in Los Angeles. OTD price was 28649.40. Had to agree for their financing option with no pre-payment penalties to get that deal. I paid $26380 + $80 + TTL -$500(Cash Back). The price includes free 2 year Value Care Program (VCP X - Synthetic Oil Changes). How did I do on my purchase?

Also, the dealer is asking me take a 84 month/100000 honda care with zero deductible for $2200. I have some time decide on this. Is this advisable?

• db14db14 Member Posts: 4

Hello stalls..I am in LA area too. Do you mind sharing the dealership and salesman name? Thx!

• crutch07crutch07 Member Posts: 2

I live in Michigan and am in the market for CR-V EX 4WD. I have contacted all of the dealerships in a 100 mile radius to get quotes and am waiting to here back. I went into a dealership here in town(Grand Rapids) yesterday and was talking to a Sales rep and he was very adamant about me paying the MSRP 27125 PLUS the dest fee.. I think that is totally ridiculous. For the car he was asking OTD 29500. Is it reasonable for me to try and get 27000 OTD at these dealerships or should I be shooting for lower. The invoice price of this model is 25,520, correct?

• gjmgjmpt1gjmgjmpt1 Member Posts: 11
    edited December 2013

@crutch07 said:
    I live in Michigan and am in the market for CR-V EX 4WD. I have contacted all of the dealerships in a 100 mile radius to get quotes and am waiting to here back. I went into a dealership here in town(Grand Rapids) yesterday and was talking to a Sales rep and he was very adamant about me paying the MSRP 27125 PLUS the dest fee.. I think that is totally ridiculous. For the car he was asking OTD 29500. Is it reasonable for me to try and get 27000 OTD at these dealerships or should I be shooting for lower. The invoice price of this model is 25,520, correct?

Is this for EX AWD ? 27000 OTD is more than reasonable. You should be able to get better than that. Is that the best quote that you got in 100 miles radius?

• hondax4hondax4 Member Posts: 24

I know someone was looking for EX 2wd. Just purchased at Gillman in Houston Tx.

23,000 and will finance AHFC. so flex cash included doc fee 189.--You shouldn't pay more unless comes off price.....

1300 or so under invoice sounds average but I traded a 2007 Pilot LX and was given 11,500 for trade... 3 other dealers were at 10k

I purchased my 2012 Accord from Gillman also. They won't add anything other than tint unless you request it and are easy to deal with. If your in or near Houston check them out......

• stalsstals Member Posts: 2

db14-

I messaged you the details. Hope this helps.

• crutch07crutch07 Member Posts: 2

@gjmgjmpt1 said:
    Is this for EX AWD ? 27000 OTD is more than reasonable. You should be able to get better than that. Is that the best quote that you got in 100 miles radius?

Yes, its a CRV EX AWD. Right now the best quote I have gotten is 26307.82 OTD. I think I am probably going to go with this deal.

• bayareacrvbayareacrv Member Posts: 1

This is the quote I have from BayArea Dealer. This is for 2014 CR-V EX-L 2WD....
    Let me know if this is good or is there room for negotiation as we near the end of the year?

• Selling Price - $25,488
    • OTD Price - $28,200
    • Financing is needed with Honda
  • ena0304ena0304 Member Posts: 3

Please help me I am trying to buy my first car. I am in NJ looking to buy a 2014 CR-V EX AWD. One NJ dealer has given me an OTD price over the phone(not in writing) of $26,700. Is this a good price? I tried to get a better deal from some other dealers but no one is committing. All are saying you come to us and we will give you a better deal. Some are asking for written quote to better it/match it. Any suggestions ??

edited December 2013

ena

Break down your deal so we can help.

Selling price w dest/ charge included

Dealers doc fee charge.

any added accessories on vehicle.

OTD pricing does not help due to taxes, tags, and doc fee charges. These prices differ from state to state making everybody's OTD pricing different..

NY/NJ pricing is not as good as the other markets .NY doc fee charges are only 75 dollars not like NJ they range from 299 to 499 depending on the dealerships greed.

edited December 2013

Brian, thanks for your reply.

I dont have a written breakdown but this is what the sales rep told me. Something like this...

Sale price = 24400 including destination charges of 830

Doc Fee = 299

DMV charges = 301

Tax = 7%

plus a tire fee of 7.50 and some online reg fee of 12.50

Adding it all it the OTD comes roughly around 26700. No accessories and no incentives other than the 1.9% APR for 60 months through Honda finance.
    Is this good or do I need to negotiate further?

ena

Your at $ 1,119. below invoice. try to get get other dealers to match or beat this price before taking that offer. your model invoice with dest/charge is $25,519.

Direct calls to the dealerships internet managers is how you negotiate price on the phone.

So lets say Auto-sport Honda in NJ gave me that quote.... when i'm calling Hamilton or dch paramus i'm telling those guys 1500 below invoice i buy from you right now........ yes or no. Put each dealership on the spot for the sale that moment. At worst you take the 1st offer which is a good deal if nobody else will match or beat.

Brian, thanks for the tip. This is very helpful with all the confusion in my head. I will give it a go tomorrow morning.

• cooper123cooper123 Member Posts: 6

@brian125 said:
    Remember the important thing with your deal is getting that vehicle for 800 to 1500 below invoice price.

Brian,

When you make the above statement, do you mean 800 to 1500 below invoice price after any fees the dealer tries to assess? So, this would include doc fees, for instance? But not TTL?

• donneledonnele Member Posts: 6

@brian125 HI I'm in the market also for a CRV-EXL AWD. In the South Bay / CA. We are looking for a specific Color scheme and can not seem to find one on ANY lot - we have searched even 200 miles away.. So we have reached out to see what the Offer would be to "get us" what we want.

Since we are not taking a car off of their lot.. do we still have negotiation power

Currently our lowest offer is 27,805(this is Including Dest fee of 830)
    **+ **Tax/Lic & doc Fees.

• calculus1918calculus1918 Member Posts: 3

Brian, also looking forward to buying a 2014 Honda CRV LX AWD. Right now the best offer is around 24,000 + Tax in NY + State Fees = Approx $26,000. I got these numbers in the following from the local dealer, didn't want to make a decision before your expert opinion...

I'm sure we can do a little better on the price I gave you in the last quote. However, that price of $22,733 is less than all Honda dealers pay for a 2014 CR-V LX AWD. Please see the attached screen shot from Edmunds.com. It shows the invoice (price all dealers pay for the car), True Market Value (average price people are paying), and MSRP.

As you can see $22,733 is less than invoice. So I can not see any dealer honoring that price, unless that price in contingent on you buying other products for the CR-V or accessories. Or it does not include the $830 destination fee.

If you are willing to pay a little over invoice then we will be happy to help you with the purchase. Let me know what you think and if you have any questions.

Thanks for your help again!!!

cooper123

800 to 1500 below invoice on the selling price of the vehicle............. doc's, tags, taxes then are added onto that number. If a dealer has the flex cash and you plan on financing vehicle thru honda minus a additional 500 off bill of sale at the end of your transaction..

donnelle

The most leverage and buying power is buying off the dealers lot. You may make up the difference in price this month due to dealers trying to make end of the year sales incentives. Alot of dealers will swap cars with each other.. Supply and demand will dictate pricing most months..

calculus

I will look into your numbers later with some NY advice on dealerships and pricing.

• calculus1918calculus1918 Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2013

Brian,

Thanks so much, been reading your post on this thread the last few days and have learned so much. My problem is that we live in a pretty rural area compared to NYC, 12901 zipcode for Plattsburgh, NY and we only have 2 dealerships locally (one in Burlington, Vt). Either way, will way for your advice before we proceed, we will probably buy in cash without any financing, being saving up for this. Thanks for taking the time to help all of us and happy holidays!!!