Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!





Mercedes-Benz E-Class Lease Questions

1102103104105107

Comments

  • @adamnyla said: It appears to be a little difficult to compare deals on this string bc I am not sure if we are comparing apples given the many different payments by different people. FYI, I was just offered a lease in Los Angeles area of an E350 for 27 months -12k miles/yr. with Premium and Sport package for $1500 down and $514/month payment incl taxes etc. The MSRP is about $58,000 on the print out but has a "initial cap cost" of $48,000. Does that mean I am getting $10K off the msrp? Everyone seems to be getting substantial discounts off the msrp. The MF is .00148 and the residual is 68%. Seems like a good deal but maybe I can do better. Peoples' experiences seem all over the board. Thanks all! Happy Holidays!

    On a MSRP of $59,640 and a discount of $10,371 (which is what I was quoted) and with no cash down (just drive offs) you should be at about $489/mo (not including tax) for 27/mo 12K (MF of 0.00138 if you opt for autopay and residual of 68%). This is calculated on a selling price of $49,269 + $1095 bank fee. Drive offs would be first month payment, DMV fees, doc fees, etc. which would be around $1000-$1100 or so.

  • mrtrancemrtrance Posts: 93
    edited December 2013

    @ghstudio said: $10k off is typical. You can't compare payments unless you remove all money down ( by the way, you should never put money down on a lease). In your case you are essentially prepaying $55 a month so to compare to others you are paying about $570 a month.... But you also have to take out taxes to really compare deals here. I am paying $590 per month with no money down...and all fees except registration rolled into the lease...and maint is included...27 mos 12k per year....and my car MSRP was $63100 without maintenance...in Florida. I got $9500 off MSRP but they had to get the car I wanted and that costs $500. I'm in a 7% tax area..and I am doing autopay which drops the MF to .00138. Your residual is correct.

    You have to look at all the other charges the dealer has loaded into your deal....it sounds like your monthly payments are a bit high for a $58k car with that down payment.

    That is a good deal you got there based on that MSRP. But how are you paying just $590/mo with bank fee, first month, and maint all rolled into the cap cost? What was your final cap cost that they used to calculate your lease payment when the residual would be at $42908. I just can't come up with that figure using the MF of 0.00138, 68% residual, and 27 months. You must have gotten a much bigger discount off the MSRP than just the $9500.

  • Help-I am worried that I'm not getting a good deal on my E350 in Ft. Lauderdake FL, although I had twp different dealerships bidding on the same car. Leasing a 2014 E350 w/ sport package, porcelain/black leather seats, rear spoiler in indigo blue metallic. The sticker price is $55,655. Putting 0 down, except $1000 out of pocket for 1st and tag fees, 27 months, 15,000 miles per year $720/month. I am also 1 year into a 3.25 year leased Lexus RX350 they are taking back. My payoff on that is about $36,700 and Kelly BB has it at $35K dealer trade. They claim to be giving me $35,000 for Lexus and $8500 discount on the Benz. What do you think? Susan

  • ghstudioghstudio Posts: 931

    something is very wrong with this deal.

    First, if your sticker price is $55655, you have a very stripped MB. Most reasonably equipped e350's are in the $60-63K range. What model are you getting and what is the MSRP with all the options included?

    Second, forget about your trade in...that's just a confuser. That's a separate deal. Don't let them even discuss it as part of the lease....it isn't.

    Third....if your sticker price, miles and discount of $8500 are correct (and I"m sure they aren't), your monthly payment should be in the area of $585 a month plus your local tax.

  • ghstudioghstudio Posts: 931
    edited December 2013

    @mrtrance said: That is a good deal you got there based on that MSRP. But how are you paying just $590/mo with bank fee, first month, and maint all rolled into the cap cost? What was your final cap cost that they used to calculate your lease payment when the residual would be at $42908. I just can't come up with that figure using the MF of 0.00138, 68% residual, and 27 months. You must have gotten a much bigger discount off the MSRP than just the $9500.

    Hmm! you're right....I actually got $11275 off due to confusion on both my and the dealer's part. The original "deal" was $10K off but less $500 since they had to get the car from another dealer. They did the calculations and gave me a monthly price which was supposed to include maintenance (the salesman agreed), but as the deal progressed they tried to raise the price because the folks in the glass room forgot to add in maintenance. I refused because that was supposed to have been in the original quote, so they agreed to recalculate the lease paperwork to get to the same monthly payment, but now including maintenance. I also forgot that I had a $500 MB club credit as well when they first did the calculation, but I brought in the coupon for the final deal. So the total discount should have been $10K with the MB club payment washing with the cost of getting the car from another dealer....but then they forgot to add the maintenance..and so on. Confusing, but the final result was the higher discount that you caught (and I missed). It was apparently a better deal than I thought I had negotiated :)

    I did not roll the first payment into the lease. I paid the first payment and registration fee when I picked up the car.

  • rtandon87rtandon87 Posts: 4
    edited December 2013

    Just closed a deal on 2014 E350 Sport. Premium package with Driver's Assist and Parking Assist. MSRP 62,855. Selling price $50,000. But, high money factor though of 0.00198. Residual at 69% for 10,000 miles 24 months lease. $500 + tax = $545 with $1100 down including the DMV fees and first month's payment. Maintenance package added $12 per month on top.

    This came out much better than getting $10k below MSRP and MF of 0.00148.

  • Reconfigured my deal due to an oversight by me and then some back and forth from a dealer in NY and one in CT. I believe I'm at about as good as it gets. MSRP 62900. (P1,keyless go, Lane tracking, 18"AMG, rear spoiler and Comfort box in Sport E350 4Matic) $669/mo (CT taxes included), 900 due at signing (1st and DMV), rolling over 5 payments off current 11 E350 4matic. Feel a bit bad about pitting dealers against each other, but at the end of the day, money is money. The gave me a MF 0.00142 with Residual of 66% for 15K miles at 27 mo. Never gave me selling price, but based on those numbers I'm south of 53K which puts be at 10K under MSRP Thoughts??

  • ghstudioghstudio Posts: 931

    @fatcat71 said: Reconfigured my deal due to an oversight by me and then some back and forth from a dealer in NY and one in CT. I believe I'm at about as good as it gets. MSRP 62900. (P1,keyless go, Lane tracking, 18"AMG, rear spoiler and Comfort box in Sport E350 4Matic) $669/mo (CT taxes included), 900 due at signing (1st and DMV), rolling over 5 payments off current 11 E350 4matic. Feel a bit bad about pitting dealers against each other, but at the end of the day, money is money. The gave me a MF 0.00142 with Residual of 66% for 15K miles at 27 mo. Never gave me selling price, but based on those numbers I'm south of 53K which puts be at 10K under MSRP Thoughts??

    Get maintenance included in the lease...and use autopay.

  • How are you guys getting MF of 0.00142? I believe the base rate is 0.00148, but if you do autopay it will be at 0.00138.
  • null

    So they gave you a bigger discount, but marked up the MF. I assume there was no wY to keep that discount off the MSRP and use the base 0.00148 rate.

    By the way which state was this and/or dealer?
  • @mrtrance

    Yes, that's right. There is no way to get that much off MSRP unless the MF is marked up. This lease was on San Jose, CA where tax is 8.75%.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,057

    @mrtrance said: How are you guys getting MF of 0.00142? I believe the base rate is 0.00148, but if you do autopay it will be at 0.00138.

    .00142 MF is for the E350 4Matic model.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • @rtandon87 said: mrtrance
    Yes, that's right. There is no way to get that much off MSRP unless the MF is marked up. This lease was on San Jose, CA where tax is 8.75%.

    Yes you are right. No way to have the best of both worlds. I am assuming that the dealer that is quoting me 20% off will be marking that MF since I was not able to get any sort of lease numbers by email. They told me I had to come in and commit to deal before they give numbers.

  • @rtandon87 said: mrtrance
    Yes, that's right. There is no way to get that much off MSRP unless the MF is marked up. This lease was on San Jose, CA where tax is 8.75%.

    @rtandon87 Would you mind give me the sales & dealer info ? I am near by and want to get a deal like yours.

  • mlevinemlevine Posts: 203

    @susanw6 said: Help-I am worried that I'm not getting a good deal on my E350 in Ft. Lauderdake FL, although I had twp different dealerships bidding on the same car. Leasing a 2014 E350 w/ sport package, porcelain/black leather seats, rear spoiler in indigo blue metallic. The sticker price is $55,655. Putting 0 down, except $1000 out of pocket for 1st and tag fees, 27 months, 15,000 miles per year $720/month. I am also 1 year into a 3.25 year leased Lexus RX350 they are taking back. My payoff on that is about $36,700 and Kelly BB has it at $35K dealer trade. They claim to be giving me $35,000 for Lexus and $8500 discount on the Benz. What do you think? Susan

  • mlevinemlevine Posts: 203

    Looks like you have a difference of $1,700 for the lexus. Find out your cap cost for the MB, I suspect it is $55,655-$8500= $47155. Now add $1700 for new cap cost of $48855. Figure out your lease using this number and residual value and money factor from this site. By the way I have not had success with autonations MB dealers. My last 2 leases these dealers wanted any where from $150-$175 more a month compared to the ultimate lease I went with. Good luck.

  • ghstudioghstudio Posts: 931

    My lease is with autonation it depends on the dealer.

  • Can you guys help Me out. Just purchased a new 2014 E-350. Total MSRP was 58055.00, Negotiated price was 48,000 even. Here goes the numbers. Purchased on December 2013.

    MSRP: 58,055 Selling Price: 48,000 (17.3% discount) Base Cap Cost: 49904(Includes Bank fee and maintenance) Money Factor: 0.00141829(APR: 3.4%) Down: $5000 Payment: 421.60 (includes Tax) Miles: 15000 per year (Total miles 33,750) Price per mile: .20 cents Term: 27 months. Residual: 38797.44 Rent Charge: 3254.40 Depreciation fee: 7285.59

    Thanks Guys

  • mlevinemlevine Posts: 203

    @ghstudio said: My lease is with autonation it depends on the dealer.

  • mlevinemlevine Posts: 203

    The dealer in Delray was always too high on 3 lease deals. Pompano dealer always had a high cap cost. When I went to buy my last MB, Coconut Creek was $7,000 dollars less for my trade-in than the dealer I finally went with. This is just my experience

  • Can anyone help me confirm my math so that I know I'm not going crazy? 27 month lease, $65,345 msrp, 56k selling price, 68% residual, .00148 MF. Dealership swears it calculates to 592.. my math says 577 or so. They definitely aren't including tax in this number. Help?

  • mlevinemlevine Posts: 203

    @berzerk91 said: Can anyone help me confirm my math so that I know I'm not going crazy? 27 month lease, $65,345 msrp, 56k selling price, 68% residual, .00148 MF. Dealership swears it calculates to 592.. my math says 577 or so. They definitely aren't including tax in this number. Help?

  • mlevinemlevine Posts: 203

    Suspect( I going to pull of at the end of the deal a fast one) dealer fee, doc fee, or processing fee added to cap cost to increase the pre-tax monthly to $592. Check the paper work.

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,057

    @berzerk91 said: Can anyone help me confirm my math so that I know I'm not going crazy? 27 month lease, $65,345 msrp, 56k selling price, 68% residual, .00148 MF. Dealership swears it calculates to 592.. my math says 577 or so. They definitely aren't including tax in this number. Help?

    $576.99.. as noted, something else is in there... Of course, $15 X 27 = $405... So, it's something small...

    Did they add maintenance, then bump the residual by 1%? That would work out just about right.

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • ghstudioghstudio Posts: 931
    edited December 2013

    @kyfdx@Edmunds said:

    MB does not change the residual for adding maintenance. Ask to see the detail...they have to show it to you before you sign the lease anyway. There is a form with every charge on it.

  • E350 Convertible lease help. Looking for numbers on 2014 MSRP 74,430. 36 months/12k per year. MF and residual help would be appreciated, along with anyone's leasing experience here in SoCal, regarding discount off MSRP. Thanks.

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,057

    .00145 MF and 59% residual

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • pukimon311pukimon311 North CarolinaPosts: 8
    Is it possible to do auto pay at lease sign up and then cancel it later via MBFS site?
  • ghstudioghstudio Posts: 931

    If you are that tight for money, then lease a cheaper car. How hard is it to have your payment in the bank? I set up a separate account and my mb lease payments come out of that account. I make sure there is enough in there to cover the payment due. Is that difficult?

  • pukimon311pukimon311 North CarolinaPosts: 8

    Sorry, what I meant switching auto pay to a different bank later. I am in the process of switching checking a/c (fed up with current bank fees, etc) so just want to make sure I can cancel the auto pay and add new checking a/c later. Sorry for the confusion again.

This discussion has been closed.