Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
edited May 2015 in Hyundai
2015 Hyundai Santa Prices Paid: 2015 Hyundai Santa Fe Prices Paid and Buying Experience
2015 Genesis Leasing Questions: 2015 Hyundai Santa Fe Lease Questions
2015 Genesis pricing, reviews, features, and specifications: 2015 Hyundai Santa Fe

Welcome to Edmunds discussion dedicated to 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe purchase experiences. If you have recently purchased a 2014 Santa Fe, please share your experience here. If you have leasing questions, please visit our 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Lease Questions discussion.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications, on our 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe page.

To see all forums discussions about the Hyundai Santa Fe, including earlier model years, please visit our list of Hyundai Santa Fe discussions.

Navigation tips: To see the most recent information and activity, make sure to visit the latest post, which may be a few pages ahead. Click the pages numbers just below to go to a new page in the discussion -- or search the entire discussion by clicking the magnifying glass icon and entering keywords.

We also invite you to share your purchase experience on Edmunds Facebook page, Share Your Story.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
Share your vehicle reviews

Comments

• shaolinshaolin Member Posts: 14
    We purchased a 2014 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T FWD with Tech Package at Jim Ellis in Atlanta. MSRP with accessories was $36,170. We used the Hyundai Circle program to purchase and the certificate pricing was $33,091 + TTL.

They gave me 1.94% financing for 60 months and threw in free lifetime oil changes.

I know we could have gotten cheaper by pitting dealerships vs each other, but we are happy since I dislike haggling. We also wanted to buy from that specific dealership as they are only a couple of miles from our house, and they don't stick an ugly dealer logo on the back of the car.
  • 1markymark1markymark Member Posts: 2

Trying to get any idea on prices paid vs MSRP for 2014 Santa Fe Limiteds. Supply seems limited (pardon the pun) so wondering if that is affecting deals. Any info you can share gratefully received. Also want to get the December residual and money factor for a Santa Fe Limited with AWD on 10k and 12k miles? Asked in another forum, but this one seems to get a lot more activity, so apologies for the double post. Thanks in advance.

• jac2007jac2007 Member Posts: 4

Has anyone purchased a 2014 Santa Fe Sport 2.4L FWD? I received a quote for an out the door price of $26000 that included the popular package, has anyone received a better deal? Thanks.

• powermaxxpowermaxx Member Posts: 6
    edited January 2014
    Can anyone tell me what they have paid out of pocket fees and monthly payment for a 2014 Sport FWD base with the popular package 36mo 12K a year lease?
  • powermaxxpowermaxx Member Posts: 6

So this is the deal I've been offered, I haven't been to the dealership. I insisted on doing it all via email until I have a firm offer before I drive to check it out. 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport FWD 2.4 with Popular Package only. 3 year lease with 36K miles, ZERO down, ZERO out of pocket Sign and Drive. $332.94 a month. Considering Hyundai's national offer is the same vehicle and options at $269 a month with $3100 down I think this is a pretty good offer. If anyone has any input I would appreciate it, I am probably going to go to the dealership tomorrow or Wednesday.

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,976

@powermaxx said:
    So this is the deal I've been offered, I haven't been to the dealership. I insisted on doing it all via email until I have a firm offer before I drive to check it out. 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport FWD 2.4 with Popular Package only. 3 year lease with 36K miles, ZERO down, ZERO out of pocket Sign and Drive. $332.94 a month. Considering Hyundai's national offer is the same vehicle and options at $269 a month with $3100 down I think this is a pretty good offer. If anyone has any input I would appreciate it, I am probably going to go to the dealership tomorrow or Wednesday.

I would agree ... the $3100 down works out to about $86/mo, or $355/mo when added to the $269/mo in the offer. If you have a quote of $333/mo then they have either shaved off some money from the sales price or lowered the money factor. Either way, seems like a pretty good deal for a lot of SUV.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• tkay2tkay2 Member Posts: 51

Recently (2 days ago) quoted on a 2014Sante Fe Limited w/tech pkg. 4 w/drive $37000. pls. tx. title doc. how does the price stand up...to others

Recently 2 design engineers resigned (Nov 2013) from Hyundai over quality concerns. Do I want to risk 40K on a 2014 Sante Fe ??????????????? or are issues resolved.C.R. gives high marks. The engineers were fired

@shaolin said:
    We purchased a 2014 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T FWD with Tech Package at Jim Ellis in Atlanta. MSRP with accessories was $36,170. We used the Hyundai Circle program to purchase and the certificate pricing was $33,091 + TTL.

They gave me 1.94% financing for 60 months and threw in free lifetime oil changes.

I know we could have gotten cheaper by pitting dealerships vs each other, but we are happy since I dislike haggling. We also wanted to buy from that specific dealership as they are only a couple of miles from our house, and they don't stick an ugly dealer logo on the back of the car.

Shaolin, can you tell me how happy are you with the tech pkg. Is it simple to navigate and program...tkay

• bondguy1bondguy1 Member Posts: 231

We purchased a new 2014 Santa Fe Limited with Tech Package...pretty much loaded up...also, had 4WD. The car had the minor options like floor mats, rear cargo cover net and mud flaps. The sticker price on the vehicle from Hyundai (no dealer addendum's with paint sealant and crap here) was about $41,400. We paid $36,000 for the car. We purchased from a dealer in Miami named Doral Hyundai. We live 2 miles from Rick Case Hyundai and they couldn't touch the deal...they were telling me their best deal on a 2WD Limited with Tech Package was about $37K. So, although we don't really need the AWD vehicle, for the price we paid I think we got a very good deal. Also, our salesman was amazing too. Very helpful and one of the few who knew his product he was selling. I also got 4 year financing at 1.90 percent which isn't too bad either. Salesman's name was Frank Fernandez. The only thing we would have liked to have was the Daytime Running Lights...though a vehicle so well equipped would come standard with those...especially with the funky eyebrow lights over the HID headlamps. But, apparently, it's optional on the vehicles.

• brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    edited March 2014

@tkay2 said:
    Recently 2 design engineers resigned (Nov 2013) from Hyundai over quality concerns. Do I want to risk 40K on a 2014 Sante Fe ??????????????? or are issues resolved.C.R. gives high marks. The engineers were fired

This Suv gets a very good write up from Edmunds and Cr reports .. Whats nice about this vehicle is your warranty.. I would check and see your resale value on this model after 4 and 5 years.. It may not be as good compared to the other brands? If you plan on keeping this car for 8 years or more then it wont matter............. just run it in the ground.

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

You guys will see as the months go buy and we get closer to the summer months hyundai will discount this vehicle further. If you buy closer to Oct/ Nov there will be more incentives / rebates/ discounts closer to 3k on this model..This will all depend on sales thru this year and this models competition with other brands

• mtnman1mtnman1 Member Posts: 431

I had entered this reply in the Reliability and Depreciation Thread for another poster but it answers your question concerning Resale Value of the 2014.

I believe my Consumer Report stated that the Santa Fe is pretty much average for reliability. In my Columbus Dispatch today the experts at Automotive Lease Guide in Santa Barbara, California listed the top vehicles in each Class for Best Resale Values. The top vehicles in the Midsize Utility Vehicle was the 3 Row Toyota Highlander and the 2 Row Santa Fe Sport which can be had in AWD and the limited trim. These were for the 2014 model year. I own a 2012 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD V6 and I really like it. If I were in the market I would not hesitate to take a serious look at the Santa Fe. It is very sharp looking and has a ton of content for the price. Pricing out a new Highlander Limited AWD V6 and a Santa Fe 3 row Limited AWD the Santa Fe would save you about 4 to 5 K in my area according to TrueCar. Where the Toyota has won hands down is reliability which is why we bought it. 2014 Highlander was a total redesign so the jury is out on it but CR said it expects it to be the same. I also have personal experience with Hyundai ownership. I bought a loaded 2003 Sonata V6 new. I gave it to my daughter in October 2008. It now has about 106,000 miles on it and it is still going strong, knock on wood. I did have something break inside the engine at about 6000 miles. Started hearing a faint clicking that was very difficult to hear. A Service Manager got inside the car and listened, but thankfully heard it. 10 minutes later he came to me and told me they are ordering a brand new engine and gave me a Santa Fe to use for two weeks. Has run beautifully since. I feel very confident that Hyundai has become a 1st class auto maker in the last 11 years since I bought mine.>

2012 Highlander Limited AWD V6 and 2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE

I too would consider buying the Santa fe sport turbo in a couple of years. . Its smaller and offers alot for the money. With grown kids this suv is the perfect vehicle. I'm thinking when i get rid of my X-5 in 2016 that for under 30k its the perfect SUV size wise to throw my golf clubs in the back.. lets see if this model's reliability and ratings holds up..

• bretzkybretzky Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2014
    Just purchased a 2014 Santa Fe Limited FWD with tech pkg MSRP $39,870 for $34,775 + TTL. Price includes $650 in [non-permissible content removed] dealer adds. Tried but couldn't negotiate away the dealer adds. Also got 1.8% financing for 60 months with excellent credit.
  • mikec34mikec34 Member Posts: 17
    edited June 2014

Brian,

I am in Orlando, FL. I ran the numbers through Truecar (Santa Fe Sport, FWD, no Turbo with Popular Equipment Package). I actually used the zipcode for Clearwater, FL, as there is a Fitzmall dealership there than tends to really undercut other dealerships.

Truecar gave me $24,244, which is less than the Orlando Truecar estimate of $25,244

I made sure to NOT choose any incentives, in order to get the actual vehicle pricing.

Then, I went back and added the incentives for USAA ($100), Loyalty ($750) and Bonus Cash ($750).

That took my Truecar certificate to $22,644 + Docs Fee of $597 = TOTAL $23,241, which is almost $3000 under invoice, if my math is right.

Thoughts?

You mentioned that a drawback of this vehicle is lower resale value, as compared to a CRV, but that is a non-issue, as my wife and I are budget-conscious and buy cars once in a blue moon (I am still rocking my 2001 Honda Civic with 186000+ miles - plan to get 300000). I felt like the Santa Fe was roomier and nicer on the inside.

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited June 2014

I've used Fitzmall for a "baseline" when shopping before too. My sister lives relatively close to a couple of their NE locations so it wasn't entirely just a pricing exercise for me. Last month I got a little nagging suspicion that they have bumped their prices up a little, but I didn't get far enough in the exercise to really compare brass tack numbers.

edited June 2014

Mikc34,

By keeping the hyundai for many years makes the comparison a non issue for you. I buy the Santa fa over the CRv also . Its a better buy/ great warranty, with more room. Take that price of 24k and build on that price. I would search for as many dealerships closest to you and try to get that price / lower. When you email or call the Internet mgrs have your price to buy ready and tell each dealership..... I will buy today for XXX price and hold with a credit card to show i'm serious. Make each dealer comitt before you hang up .. Yes or NO.. If its no make that dealership give you a price that they will do..... Then tell that dealer if I decide not to go to FRITZ i will consider your dealership..Let every other dealer know you are prepared to buy at Fritz on that day if they cant meet or beat your price. Your buying leverage is pitting Fritz Hyundai against all the other dealers. Buying closer to months end, last days of June will help you get that knock out price. find dealerships closer to your home with several of your model on there lot and you may get your price or lower at months end. I find buying a Hyundai so much easier than a honda.

Good choice in vehicle and post if you need me.

Brian, I contacted the dealership regarding the Truecar price, and they have a vehicle, but they also want $1495 for the Dealer Protection Package, that includes paint protection, wheel locks, door guard strips, and pinstriping, none of which I want. Suggestions for dealing with this?
    edited June 2014

I'd tell them no thanks and walk. Make sure they have your phone number first though; maybe they'll get hungrier as the month goes by. That package is a load of expensive junk. Not sure how they can get away with that if you line up the "haggle free" price ahead of time - you may want to investigate our Price Promise certificate instead.

Car sales are booming right now so there may be a bit less incentive for wheeling and dealing.

Tell dealer you will take the model you want without that package or you will buy elsewhere. let him know your ready to buy today

Thanks guys. I wrote back to the dealership, but they are saying that those things are already on the vehicle and cannot be removed. He did ask what I considered to be a fair price for that package, which includes:

Paint Protection
    Wheel Locks
    Nitrogen tires
    Pinstriping
    Door edge guards

My thoughts are that the above equals no more than $300. Thoughts?

edited June 2014

Paint protection What's a can of Mother's going for at Walmart these days? $10?

Nitrogen in the tires. LOL, air is already 79% nitrogen. That's worthless.

Pinstriping tape is $6 on eBay. The good 3M stuff runs $20.

Door edge guards run $20 to $35 bucks online.

Wheel locks are around $30 a set.

So, you're up to about $80, plus another $20 for the wax application.

I'd say you're $200 high on your estimate. :)

OK, another dealership contacted me back and will match the $24,841 + tax and title, do this price includes dealer fee. This one is local. I Made sure they knew I was not interested in and add-ons.

The incentives should knock another $1600 off. I think this is probably the best I'll get, no? Dealer wants me to come in to put a deposit down.

I will probably purchase the carpeted mats, but not sure about anything else.
    edited June 2014

The dealer wants you to put a deposit down so you'll quit shopping. That's called "taking you out of the market".

A deposit is okay so long as it's refundable. Who knows, the other dealer may sweeten their deal too, in which case you get your deposit back on get the other Santa Fe..

Sounds like you are doing good with the local dealer though.

edited June 2014
    Steve, that $24,841 is $1,034 below invoice price of $25875. That's pretty good, right?
    edited June 2014

Well, there's always "that" guy who gets a better deal than everyone else but I think you're doing great. You're way under TMV.

There may be a bit more wiggle room in your price and Brian may advise you to grind more. But you've done your due diligence and gotten some quotes so I guess the question is whether you care about leaving a few hundred bucks (maybe) on the hood or are you ready to start enjoy driving a new car? As long as you keep cars, a few hundred bucks is not going to matter much over ten years.

You can't get too hung up over invoice price though. (USA Today). The dealer is still doing just fine, what with all the "kickbacks" and holdback and stuff..

I agree with Stever. Here is the easiest way to get a better deal without stressing out.. To avoid dealers pushing you etc.

Tell all dealerships involved that you will be buying this vehicle at the end of the month. Tell every dealer you are looking for another 600 dollars off your model than quoted. . If any one dealer will match that price before the end of June you will buy on that day otherwise I will consider my offers at months end.

Leave your number/ email then let this month play out.. You will hit your mark>>

Good luck

• bggarricbggarric Member Posts: 14

Hello all,
    I have been actively reading for some time now (both here and on the Honda forum), read all through the carbuyingtips.com tutorial and Brian's advice (similar to tutorial). My wife needs a new car. We have narrowed our search to 3 (in order of preference):

Hyundai Santa Fe Sport (with popular/premium pkg)
    Hyundai Tuscon (SE)
    Honda CR-V (EX-L)

Ideally, we would like to be max 23K OTD after trade and/or private sale ('03 Toyota Corolla 170K miles with some work needed but good engine (AC/Brakes work required))

I feel we will get the most bang for our buck with the Hyundai cars, especially the Tuscon, however we will be starting a family in the next couple of years and I get the feeling that in 5-6 years we would regret not getting the extra space with the Santa Fe.

I have quoted out many dealers online and have been working on getting OTD prices. I have been/Will be using Fitz as a starting point to go down from. Have also found a New Santa Fe sport with above pkgs at 25,714 (Capitol Hyundai in Columbia, SC). However, this internet quote includes 'all rebates' which I'm assuming is the $750 rebate. We do qualify for the college grad rebate and general 750 rebate so 1150 in rebates available.

With the end of the month coming up and 2015s coming out anytime (Edmunds states mid summer... all salesmen saying Fall?) as well as with the starting points of these internet quotes I don't think it would be impossible.

Any thoughts? Sorry this was long. Trying to get the most for our money and I THINK it woudl be in the Santa Fe in the long run. No plans to trade in as we drive our cars until it does not make financial sense to do so anymore (thus the re-sale argument with Honda is moot).

Thanks and appreciate all of your time/help. Hoping to get a great deal!.

edited June 2014

@bggarric,

Starting a family.......... think down the road. That extra 6k or so you will save going for the Tuscon will come back to bite you if you need to sell in 3 yrs. Resale on a 3/4yr Tuscon is bad if your the seller. . There never seems to be enough room with kids and traveling and all there Accessories.. That 1st, or 2nd kid will make you sell the Tuscon. The Santa fe would be a better choice size wise then down the road you wont need a vehicle change unless you opt for a minivan which will give you the best bang for your buck in size.. I have 3 grown kids and believe me every inch counts in these cars and trucks.

Your best deal will come buying a 2014 Santa fe with 3rd row in these comming months. As you add the options this vehicle gets pricey. Do it once do it right... Then you could start to save money for your retirement, a college fund, or house.

If you need any help give me a yell

Do you think a 25K OTD price is unreasonable on a Santa Fe Sport 2.4 GLS with premium package?

edited June 2014

Are you aware the Santa fe has a bigger version with a 3rd row seat. The sport is the smaller model. 2 kids in this vehicle may be tight.

A Santa fe sport fwd price.....................23,964.....Invoice price

premium pck........................................2912........Invoice price

popular equip pck..................................1047.............. you need this option to get premium pck.

dest/ charge..........................................875

total...............................................................................

Invoice price w dest charge included....$ 28,798
    minus...................................................1850.................................... below invoice price of vehicle
    minus incentives/ rebates........................1500...... there may be more i dont know.
    Total................................................................................

....................................................$ 25,448 this price exludes taxes, dmv fee's, and dealers doc fee charge.

My best guess with sales tax at 6% = 1526 plus doc fee and dmv fees should put you otd at almost 27.5 k unless your state has a higher tax rate and doc fee charge of more than 199.

Did this number scare you??????????????????????? Comments

Yeah a little. I was hoping to be around 23K with trade (Trade/Private sale should be able to get 1.5-2K).... I am hoping that as the end of the month nears I could an OTD at around 27 or 26?

Any tips? So far the best quote I've gotten for the mid level trip Santa Fe Sport is just under 29K

Get as many dealerships involved in the price wars as your willing to travel to.

So, best price I've been offered so far is $27,800 OTD on 2014 Santa Fe Sport (FWD, 2.4l Non turbo engine, premium package)

Do you think I should try to buy next week and get another 500 or so off or do you think it would be better to wait for 4th of July sales? My concern is I'll buy it on June 28th and then 4 days later Hyundai incentives will go back up to $1000 on the Santa Fe and dealers will offer another bonus amount for their 'Sale'.

Secondly, the best deal is 1.5 hours away. I am hoping to save my local dealer for last and have them 'beat' this quote as they have better dealer incentives (20yr/200,000mile power train, free lifetime carwashes, and free detailing... small things, I know, but all oher things equal and being local this is much better).

Thoughts? Anything I should ask for to get 'thrown in' at the negotiating table?

edited June 2014

Do not rush this deal. you have 10 good days left this month. let the dealers come to you. Everytime you get a email or phone call tell each dealership that you will infact buy on that day for another 500 600 lower etc. Your price should stand good even for the 4th of july tent party.

what is the vehicle selling price and dealers doc fee charge. on this offer

26827 before rebates, tax

599 doc fee
    139 reg/tag fee

I've called MANY other dealerships, and most folks say they can't beat it or can only beat it by 1-200 dollars (but the dealerships are 6+ hours away, so economically doesn't make since to make that drive for 1-200 dollars. Would certainly make it for 1K, though...

Another dealership gave me a great price, but when I re-checked the VIN they listed on the sales slip, it was for a Popular not a premium, and when I confronted them they said 'Oh, yeah, we didn't have what you wanted so we quoted that' when they knew that wasn't what we were discussing, so staying away from them.

@bggarric, that "Popular" story sounds like one for Dealer Ratings and Reviews.

• fentonpfentonp Member Posts: 1

bggarric, you said your best offer was $27,800 OTD. Was this with your trade in? Do you mind me asking what dealer offered this? I got an offer on a 2014 Sport w/Premium Package in Jacksonville, FL for $28,930 OTD.

@fentonp Well, that offer was originally from a dealer in Columbia, SC. Which I then told other dealers was my best offer (it was, at the time). Turns out that was the dealer who did the 'ole switcharoo on me. Currently I have an offer at near that 28.5 or so. Looks like that's the best I can get. What dealer in Jacksonville. I got quotes from a few of them.....

Hoping to buy by the end of this week... I'm hoping some 4th of July sales will start and help things out a bit.... didn't think car buying would be this expensive..... Wasn't planning on buying new but the used car market is nuts right now.

Was really hoping there would be more buying experiences for what I'm looking for on here to give me a decent comparison.

I am still trying to figure out what I want to do. Best offer I have right now is $24,841 for Santa Fe Sport (non-Turbo) with Popular Equipment Package. This price is for vehicle only and dealer fee.

The only thing that worries me is that currently Hyundai has $1500 in incentives ($750 Bonus Cash and $750 Loyalty), and I am worried they both won't be there later in the year.

Used car market for Santa Fe is crazy. Older 2013 models going for just as much as new 2014's.

@stever It's ridiculous. Looked at many 3-4 year old cars with 35-50K miles on them and only 3-4K less than a new one.... I swore up and down I'd never buy a new car, but don't see the value in used right now.

• mavrck200mavrck200 Member Posts: 1

I am interested in buying the 2014 Santa Fe Sport with the technology package in the Houston, TX area. I'm trying to ask for a drive out price includes all TT&L for $29,750. Do you think that's too much to ask for? MSRP on this model with all package is around $33,750.00

@stever, @brian125, Okay, so after a grueling few weeks and many, many phone calls the BEST quote I have gotten (and many dealerships said that they couldn't get near it and refused to match? not sure if that's just because they didn't wanna play the game or what)

Selling price before doc/tax/tag: 25819; OTD after taxes and what not I'm sitting at $27.884.99. Dealership doubles the manufacturer powertrain to 20yr/200K and gives oil changes for life (unfortunately they're 1.5 hours for me so this doesn't help). The dealership is advertising free gas for a year with any new hyundai purchase based off of the 1 yr gas cost on teh window sticker (2,300 for the santa fe sport), but they told me they won't do this as you have to buy the vehicle at MSRP to get this deal (seems weird to me)

Thoughts? Any little things to ask for at the final table? Thanks for your help!!!!