Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Veracruz Key Fob is a Nuisance

2»

Comments

• porgerporger Posts: 2
    I had my 2009 Veracruz for about 2 weeks before the proximity remote detached and I lost it. As stated before, the dealer wants about $200 to provide a new fob and programming. Has anyone found a less expensive alternative?
  • acdiiacdii Posts: 753
    Probably wont for a while yet. Its hard to find wiper blades and cabin air filters, let alone the key fob.
  • Has anyone had remote start installed in their Hyundai Veracruz? My old car had a fob where when I unlocked or locked, a slight horn or chirp sounded. With my remote, only the lights flash. I brought it to the dealer's attention & he thought it had something to do with the remote start so said he'd adjust when I brought in for my first oil change. At that time they couldn't figure it out and had called Hyundai and were waiting for them to call back which they hadn't done by the time I picked the car up & said "next time." Anyone have this happen?
  • jlindhjlindh Posts: 282
    Try pushing the lock button twice. Our Sonata remote locks the door and flashes the lights on the first push and sounds the horn on the second push. I consider this to be a feature so that you don't startle everyone within earshot every time you lock the door.
  • Have tried that in the past and doesn't work
  • chumochumo Posts: 7
    Where did you find a 24 piece eclipse gum case?

Chumo
  • Continuing the discussion of the separating key fob. Yes this is a hUGE problem for us. My wife used to click her keys onto her purse. That is until we went to the theater and realized that little button had been bumped and the expensive unit was laying somewhere on the theater floor!!

It has happened numerous times since. We've talked to our Hyundai dealer and he says there is no fix or any official from Hyundai. I'm thinking of grinding the button off.
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,286
    The member you are looking for hasn't logged on for a few years. Please don't post phone numbers or other contact information on our forums. Thanks.

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

• I have a 2009 Veracruz and my fob has just stopped working. No buttons work. Just replaced the battery, but no luck. My second key fob works normally. The second key fob just sits in the draw so it is like new. Now the obvious solution is to simply start using the second (like new) key fob. But that wouldn't be any fun! Has any one experienced a key fob that stopped working? Is there possibly a reset button? Any help appreciated. Thanks.

2»