Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• carbuyer209carbuyer209 Posts: 26
    edited January 3

Thanks, Gman, Blue and Diva.

@DIva, it's just as well that you aren't picking up the car until Saturday. Your husband probably wouldn't want to drive it anyway with the snow, so like mine, it would just sit there in the garage. This way you will have something to look forward to this weekend.

After you mentioned the Michelin/Goodyear issue, that was the first thing I looked at when I went to pick up the car yesterday. LOL We have another, older Accord V6 and that came with Michelins (which I have since replaced). I don't know if it would matter to me one way or another, but fortunately it wasn't an issue because the new car had Michelin tires also.

@bluemkn57cars, this may sound strange, but I'm no longer sure if flex cash was included (there were no other incentives). I had assumed it was, but things got confused. I was very specific what I wanted in a quote, but when I received the initial number nothing was broken down. I then made my target offer and at that time I said I would finance and my target figure included flex cash. Based on my research of the market and other quotes I was getting, I honestly didn't care whether they were using flex cash or not as long as they found some way to get to my number.

The negotiations got a little crazy, especially toward the end when I was switching from the non-NAV to a NAV model. Over the course of the deal I wound up dealing with 3 different people from internet to sales and I believe there were a couple of managers involved. After the negotiation was essentially over I was asked if I was financing or paying cash, almost as an afterthought. And when I went to see the finance manager when picking up the car and mentioned something about the flex cash helping them out with the deal, he said that there was no flex cash involved as that was only available for leases (obviously not true, unless there was something specific to that dealership and how they chose to use the money). Although I would typically make sure all of this was very carefully spelled out, under the circumstances I was happy with the result and just didn't think it mattered (there was no way they were going to give me another $500 :-)).

I hope the storm is kind to all who are due to get hit tonight.

• vabeach3vabeach3 Posts: 7

@nyccarguy The Maryland dealers I spoke with did charge 790 destination and 200 doc fee, but still their out-the-door price was 1500-3000 below what I could get in the other areas I searched (VA, GA).

• brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,461
    edited January 3

carbuyer209,

The one guy i worried about the most getting a decent deal....... pulled off what i call a Monster deal. You should be very proud of yourself. Those numbers are epic.. like i preach buying on that last day if you have the balls will reap major dividends for some. you found that one dealership willing or needed that sale...............Just to correct your post its............ 2073 - 75 doc's

New Rochelle or Huntington?????

Hey carbuyer...... looking to buy a Toyota Corrola any suggestions or tips for me....LOL

Enjoy that V-6...................... you will love it

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• ha14ha14 Posts: 3

Without reading your discussion, I could not have purchased my LX close to 1300 below invoice in NJ. Thanks, everyone!

• I've been lurking for the last month and finally bought an Accord Sport for 23900 OTD from Hardin Honda. I got the color I wanted and no accessories installed.

Invoice: 23225
    Sales price: 21791.53
    Doc fee: 80
    B.S. electronic vehicle reg fee: 29
    TTL: 1999.47

I got 1400+ below invoice. My target price was to get below 24k. I'm not sure if I could have squeezed a few extra hundred as they wanted to meet their sales goal. I was told flex cash was N/A but didn't press the issue with Finance. As a first time car buyer, how did I do?

Thanks to everyone for all the tips and advice.

• veersveers Posts: 79

anything past $1,000 under invoice is an excellent deal. That basically eats up holdback and flex cash, meaning that they are now probably only making a few dollars directly on the car, and are actually losing money on a per unit basis after advertising, etc... You have forced them to rely on their sales incentives to make money, which is a great accomplishment as a consumer. $1500 below is already home run territory, when they are certainly losing money on the car before their sales incentives.

• ustaad9ustaad9 Posts: 7

Finally pulled the trigger on 2014 Accord EX 4 cyl. OTD $24,900. Dealer installed accessories are 1) Vinyl Pin-Stripe 2)Door Edge Guards 3) Wheel moldings 4)Wheel locks 5) Security Etch. Sales Tax 7%, Doc. fee $359. Production date 12/2013. Thank you @brian125, @veers and others for a very informative discussion. My special thanks to @bethpa for alerting me to the Honda Dealer Incentive. Took delivery on 31st and rang in the new year.

• @ ustaad9 Congrats on your purchase.

To help others, could you list the sale price of the car not including any accessories? Where did you purchase the car?

Base price = $22644. Dealership is DCH Group

Clarification on my above post. Base price of $22644 includes dealer installed accessories. I have no idea of the value but estimate at no more than $144. Dealer sticker total for all accessories was $1107!

• @ustaad9

On your bill of sale, there should be a line item for just the price of the car and a separate one for the accessories.

• arijacarijac Posts: 6

just bought a honda accord exl 2014 non navigator at the end of the year for 24,500 including destination but not tax,title and registration. silver color/black leather 6 miles new from honda new rochelle, honda in rensaleer, troy,NY had it for 100.00 less but could not get up there with the snow. hope this helps someone. the white plains honda dealer wanted 25999 for the same car. good luck

I looked at the contract. No separate line item for dealer installed accessories. Just one bundled amount. The condition for the price was that I had to finance through American Honda. They gave me 0.9% for 36 months.

• I bought 2014 Accord EX-L (V4, non Nav) here in northern California at 25,100 - 500 flex cash = 24600 + 8% tax + registration = 27000 out the door. It has spash guards, trunk tray and wheel locks on it. How is the deal?

• dannyk7dannyk7 Posts: 12

Looks like a great deal. How are you enjoying the new car?

@Sam_accord said: I bought 2014 Accord EX-L (V4, non Nav) here in northern California at 25,100 - 500 flex cash = 24600 + 8% tax + registration = 27000 out the door. It has spash guards, trunk tray and wheel locks on it. How is the deal?

• I have been loving the car so far.

• brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,461

Sam , We have almost 2 foot snow drifts in some area's here in NY stop teasing your friends in the North East. Nobody over here is enjoying there new cars today.

I can't imagine Diva driving here new car home today from the dealership.

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• So right, @Brian. I think we are all looking forward to Spring. ;-).

• handtobxhandtobx Posts: 8

Brian asked me to post my deal if I pulled the trigger on the ex-l with navigation (thanks for the IM a few days ago, Brian), so here it is: I purchased a black ext/ivory int with 15 miles on it yesterday for $27357. The price included mud flaps, wheel locks, cargo tray and (6) oil changes. The doc was $398 and the tag was $74. I was out the door for $28,650. For the Raleigh market, I'm fairly happy with the price and the dealership was 5 mins from the house. I've appreciated reading everyone's thoughts/experiences.

• 74357435 Posts: 39

I have been trying to buy a 2014 Honda Accord exl, 6, 4dr msrp of 31,135. in the denver, colorado area for a month. I have done all you suggest, contacting the internet person at each of 11 dealerships in Colorado. The lowest offer I have receved is 28,412 +tax. Invoice is either 28,542 as suggested by Edmunds or 28,820 as suggested by a dealer. Is there anyone who has been able to convince a dealer in the Colorado area to sell a Honda for less?.

@7435

Edmunds invoice is correct. Definitely should be able to get it for $27,500 pretty much anywhere at this point. I would start branching out to other cities and states. If you want an adventure you could arrange a deal in the LA area (try Spreen), fly out one way, and drive the 13 hours back. If 13 hours is too much, I would contact everyone within a 4 hour radius, give them your target price (try $27,000 including destination, doc fee, and $500 flex cash), and wait for the counteroffers to come.

veers, I will try again. Thanks for your comments

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 3,842

@7435 said: I have been trying to buy a 2014 Honda Accord exl, 6, 4dr msrp of 31,135. in the denver, colorado area for a month. I have done all you suggest, contacting the internet person at each of 11 dealerships in Colorado. The lowest offer I have receved is 28,412 +tax. Invoice is either 28,542 as suggested by Edmunds or 28,820 as suggested by a dealer. Is there anyone who has been able to convince a dealer in the Colorado area to sell a Honda for less?.

Which dealer is giving you the best price? Schomp is one price but they back it up with I'm told is excellent service.

Have you tried the dealers in Laramie and Cheyenne?

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Hi all,

Just wanted to give an update. Brian was right about us not picking up the car on Friday. Even after our plow guy did the driveway it was a long, steep sheet of ice. The dealer put it safely in their garage for the storm here in CT. I'm north of the parkway so we got hit bad.

Saturday rolled around with still no sand down but we all ventured out determined to get our new wheels. My Lexus made it up the hill with not problem. Last year we got that one (with the help of the forum thank you) so we could join our neighbors in all wheel drive land. Hopefully the new Honda with front wheel drive would perform like hubby's old one and deal with the driveway with not problem as well. When we got to the dealership in the afternoon, hubby's black bullet was shimmering in the snow. Hubby was so excited I thought he would cry. It was like it was his very first car which was many moons ago.

Although the negotiation was over and papers had been signed on New Year's Eve, it's never over til you pay. Well that's my motto at least. I noticed no rug in the trunk. Well yes it was carpeted but not an extra mat. So I talked to the manager and used carbuyer as leverage bragging about his marvelous deal lol. He eventually threw in a trunk liner, some more service, a first aid kit, and some commuter thermal cups lol to the rest of the stuff he gave us already.

I couldn't match carbuyer's financial deal, but then that was one amazing deal. I think it was because we had so specific a color and configuration combo and the more aggressive dealers could not source our car. But we ended up with what we wanted for a sweet deal.

When I got home, hubby had already stolen my spot in the garage and was stocking his new wheels with a nice blanket, tissues, CDs, snow brush, etc. I am sure it will be his new toy for a while. He said it drove like a dream and he was so happy which made me happy. Now he needs to get busy and clean out his side of the garage so I can get my Lexus warm lol.

Good cheer to all and safe and happy trails.

diva

Michaell@Edmunds I tried Shomp and they were the highest price, the lowest price wss Honda of Greeley flollowed by kuni Honda..

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 3,842

@7435 said:

I tried Shomp and they were the highest price, the lowest price wss Honda of Greeley flollowed by kuni Honda..

Maybe you can get the two dealers to compete with each other on price. Do they both have your preferred color combo in stock?

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

michaell, i did and one came down 1/2 of thre dh&p 495 to 247 so i am now at 28,164. along way from 27,000. the dealers all read edmunds. so they know what going on.

You need to expand your geographic area. Go through the internet departments, tell the dealers you will buy the car at $27,000, and give them your phone number and e-mail. You should get a flurry of phone calls, and then see the prices gradually come down as the market softens. If you don't want to wait for $27,000 you can shop a $27,500 number. That really should be a doable number at this point, you just need to find the dealer who needs a sale. Best bet is Jan 30/31st. I would definitely call each dealership then, try to get the internet manager on the phone, and look to seal the deal.

• texan1texan1 Houston , TexasPosts: 6
    I bought my Accord EX-L 4cyl CVT without navigation for $24960+$1560Tax+$380Lic. Insp. and fees =$26900 OTD
    It also included window tints mud guards trunk tray and wheel locks. It looks like good deal as it's almost$1700 below invoice and got 1.9% financing for 5 years. What you guys think it's in Houston Texas.

Seems like a solid deal, but the $380 for state fees seems high. Did they sneak a doc fee in there? If so, that would be equivalent to a higher sales price than the $24.9 number.