Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• bluemkn57carsbluemkn57cars Member Posts: 1,009

@ustaad9

On your bill of sale, there should be a line item for just the price of the car and a separate one for the accessories.

2021 Audi A6 P+2018 Audi A4 P+ (lease returned)2013 Honda Accord EX-L (Sold)
  • arijacarijac Member Posts: 6

just bought a honda accord exl 2014 non navigator at the end of the year for 24,500 including destination but not tax,title and registration. silver color/black leather 6 miles new from honda new rochelle, honda in rensaleer, troy,NY had it for 100.00 less but could not get up there with the snow. hope this helps someone. the white plains honda dealer wanted 25999 for the same car. good luck

• ustaad9ustaad9 Member Posts: 7

I looked at the contract. No separate line item for dealer installed accessories. Just one bundled amount. The condition for the price was that I had to finance through American Honda. They gave me 0.9% for 36 months.

• Sam_accordSam_accord Member Posts: 3

I bought 2014 Accord EX-L (V4, non Nav) here in northern California at 25,100 - 500 flex cash = 24600 + 8% tax + registration = 27000 out the door. It has spash guards, trunk tray and wheel locks on it. How is the deal?

• dannyk7dannyk7 Member Posts: 12

Looks like a great deal. How are you enjoying the new car?

@Sam_accord said:
    I bought 2014 Accord EX-L (V4, non Nav) here in northern California at 25,100 - 500 flex cash = 24600 + 8% tax + registration = 27000 out the door. It has spash guards, trunk tray and wheel locks on it. How is the deal?

• Sam_accordSam_accord Member Posts: 3

I have been loving the car so far.

• brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244

Sam , We have almost 2 foot snow drifts in some area's here in NY stop teasing your friends in the North East. Nobody over here is enjoying there new cars today.

I can't imagine Diva driving here new car home today from the dealership.

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• carbuyer209carbuyer209 Member Posts: 26

So right, @Brian. I think we are all looking forward to Spring. ;-).

• handtobxhandtobx Member Posts: 8

Brian asked me to post my deal if I pulled the trigger on the ex-l with navigation (thanks for the IM a few days ago, Brian), so here it is: I purchased a black ext/ivory int with 15 miles on it yesterday for $27357. The price included mud flaps, wheel locks, cargo tray and (6) oil changes. The doc was $398 and the tag was $74. I was out the door for $28,650. For the Raleigh market, I'm fairly happy with the price and the dealership was 5 mins from the house. I've appreciated reading everyone's thoughts/experiences.

• 74357435 Member Posts: 40

I have been trying to buy a 2014 Honda Accord exl, 6, 4dr msrp of 31,135. in the denver, colorado area for a month. I have done all you suggest, contacting the internet person at each of 11 dealerships in Colorado. The lowest offer I have receved is 28,412 +tax. Invoice is either 28,542 as suggested by Edmunds or 28,820 as suggested by a dealer.
    Is there anyone who has been able to convince a dealer in the Colorado area to sell a Honda for less?.

• veersveers Member Posts: 81

@7435

Edmunds invoice is correct. Definitely should be able to get it for $27,500 pretty much anywhere at this point. I would start branching out to other cities and states. If you want an adventure you could arrange a deal in the LA area (try Spreen), fly out one way, and drive the 13 hours back. If 13 hours is too much, I would contact everyone within a 4 hour radius, give them your target price (try $27,000 including destination, doc fee, and $500 flex cash), and wait for the counteroffers to come.

veers,
    I will try again. Thanks for your comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,029

@7435 said:
    I have been trying to buy a 2014 Honda Accord exl, 6, 4dr msrp of 31,135. in the denver, colorado area for a month. I have done all you suggest, contacting the internet person at each of 11 dealerships in Colorado. The lowest offer I have receved is 28,412 +tax. Invoice is either 28,542 as suggested by Edmunds or 28,820 as suggested by a dealer.
    Is there anyone who has been able to convince a dealer in the Colorado area to sell a Honda for less?.

Which dealer is giving you the best price? Schomp is one price but they back it up with I'm told is excellent service.

Have you tried the dealers in Laramie and Cheyenne?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• dancingdivadancingdiva Member Posts: 39

Hi all,

Just wanted to give an update. Brian was right about us not picking up the car on Friday. Even after our plow guy did the driveway it was a long, steep sheet of ice. The dealer put it safely in their garage for the storm here in CT. I'm north of the parkway so we got hit bad.

Saturday rolled around with still no sand down but we all ventured out determined to get our new wheels. My Lexus made it up the hill with not problem. Last year we got that one (with the help of the forum thank you) so we could join our neighbors in all wheel drive land. Hopefully the new Honda with front wheel drive would perform like hubby's old one and deal with the driveway with not problem as well. When we got to the dealership in the afternoon, hubby's black bullet was shimmering in the snow. Hubby was so excited I thought he would cry. It was like it was his very first car which was many moons ago.

Although the negotiation was over and papers had been signed on New Year's Eve, it's never over til you pay. Well that's my motto at least. I noticed no rug in the trunk. Well yes it was carpeted but not an extra mat. So I talked to the manager and used carbuyer as leverage bragging about his marvelous deal lol. He eventually threw in a trunk liner, some more service, a first aid kit, and some commuter thermal cups lol to the rest of the stuff he gave us already.

I couldn't match carbuyer's financial deal, but then that was one amazing deal. I think it was because we had so specific a color and configuration combo and the more aggressive dealers could not source our car. But we ended up with what we wanted for a sweet deal.

When I got home, hubby had already stolen my spot in the garage and was stocking his new wheels with a nice blanket, tissues, CDs, snow brush, etc. I am sure it will be his new toy for a while. He said it drove like a dream and he was so happy which made me happy. Now he needs to get busy and clean out his side of the garage so I can get my Lexus warm lol.

Good cheer to all and safe and happy trails.

diva

Michaell@Edmunds
    I tried Shomp and they were the highest price, the lowest price wss Honda of Greeley flollowed by kuni Honda..

@7435 said:

I tried Shomp and they were the highest price, the lowest price wss Honda of Greeley flollowed by kuni Honda..

Maybe you can get the two dealers to compete with each other on price. Do they both have your preferred color combo in stock?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

michaell,
    i did and one came down 1/2 of thre dh&p 495 to 247 so i am now at 28,164. along way from 27,000. the dealers all read edmunds. so they know what going on.

You need to expand your geographic area. Go through the internet departments, tell the dealers you will buy the car at $27,000, and give them your phone number and e-mail. You should get a flurry of phone calls, and then see the prices gradually come down as the market softens. If you don't want to wait for $27,000 you can shop a $27,500 number. That really should be a doable number at this point, you just need to find the dealer who needs a sale. Best bet is Jan 30/31st. I would definitely call each dealership then, try to get the internet manager on the phone, and look to seal the deal.

• texan1texan1 Member Posts: 6
    I bought my Accord EX-L 4cyl CVT without navigation for $24960+$1560Tax+$380Lic. Insp. and fees =$26900 OTD
    It also included window tints mud guards trunk tray and wheel locks. It looks like good deal as it's almost$1700 below invoice and got 1.9% financing for 5 years. What you guys think it's in Houston Texas.

Seems like a solid deal, but the $380 for state fees seems high. Did they sneak a doc fee in there? If so, that would be equivalent to a higher sales price than the $24.9 number.

@7435 said:

i did and one came down 1/2 of thre dh&p 495 to 247 so i am now at 28,164. along way from 27,000. the dealers all read edmunds. so they know what going on.

Veers has good advice - if you can wait to the end of the month you might get a better deal. You should also check Wyoming, New Mexico and Utah dealers as well. One may be willing to meet your target price if you're willing to travel.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Texan,

You went from one dealership selling at 400 below invoice with added accessories to a dealer selling 1700 below invoice.. with added accessories. Very good deal

I'd say you stepped in [non-permissible content removed].. on the luck side my friend. If your numbers are correct.

Post name off dealership so other forum members can try to get a similar deal.

Enjoy your new Accord

• ken117ken117 Member Posts: 249

The Washington DC area Honda dealers do seem to sell at competive prices. Having bought four Honda vehicles I can safely say the better dealers in the area include Criswell, Sport, O'Donnell, Pohanka, and Norris. Best to contact all for the best price.

I have found College Park Honda and Ourisman Honda less friendly. Ourisman, in my experience, seems to have a fondness for attaching overpriced items on each vehicle for about $1,000 or so. College Park seems to offer a basically useless lifetime warranty as an inducement to buy. In my experience such items are often indicative of a less than desireable dealer.

Maryland caps the document fee at $200. Virginia does not and doc fees there can exceed $400. However, my experience is the Virginia dealers will quickly reduce the fee for buyers coming from Maryland. And always good to recognize all dealer fees are nothing but price, profit to the dealer and cost to the buyer.

$380 include 189 doc fee, 65 for tag 75 for registration and inspection and 50 for vehicle inventory tax. For most dealer here in Texas it averages around $300. So I paid abt $80 more but that night on Thursday it was windy and cold and I do not want my wife to suffer there so we did it and drove out with it. Great help from forum.
    Brian125
    I did my deal with Gillman Honda in Rosenberg where Manger is Mr. Aldo. As I was going there other dealer Russsel & Smith Honda in Houston also e-mailed me same deal for $26,800 but I was already on my way to Gillman. The internet sales guy at Russel & Smith is Mr. Bill Sterling and I only dealt with him via e-mails but he was very responsive and they have good customer reviews. If anyone needs help here let me know.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148

A reporter would like to speak to a new car buyer under 40 years old who purchased their car because of the connectivity features. Did you buy a Ford because of Sync and MyFordTouch, a Chrysler because of UConnect, a Honda because of HondaLink, etc.? If so, and you'd like to share your story, please send your daytime contact info to pr@edmunds.com no later than 3 p.m. PT/6 p.m. ET on Tuesday, 1/7/14.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• finisfinis Member Posts: 6

Did any of you who purchased new accords have it suggested you bring back the car in 60 days for a 60 point inspection just to make sure everything is good?

• aspdev2013aspdev2013 Member Posts: 3

Hi iam plaaning to buy a 2014 Honda Accord EX-L V6 with Nav.what would be the best sale price for it.i live in the dallas area...have gone through several online websites to find the avg price but couldn't follow if thats the price excluding dealer installed accessories....any help would be appreciated.

edited January 2014

The best sale price is the lowest sale price you could get. Go to NADA pricing that web site is very easy to get pricing with dest/ charge on every model.. Edmunds web site is terrible to navigate thru. Take your models invoice price then add the dest charge of 790. Then minus your target price to buy. 500 to 1500 below invoice. This should be in your area's price range..... make your best deal by getting several dealerships involved in pricing by meeting your target price and not there's. Read thru this board on tips and advice...................... How and when to buy..

Check out Truecar pricing for your area just need a zip code and very little info to get a idea of pricing. Remember truecar pricing is just a guide on pricing........ not your final selling price.

A target price of 1500 below invoice may not be obtainable in your area yet. Start your negotiations with a high target price and work that number back towards invoice price making your best deal by the end of Jan.

Any further questions after reading back on this board 1 or 2 months should give you the right questions to ask to close your deal........ Good luck

Thanks Brain for your valuable input.....is there a way to find the actual costs of dealer installed accessories?All the honda dealers seem to install about >$2000 worth of equipment(i know thats the profit margin) but just wondering how do we negotiate on accessories...

• graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665

In SW OH...helped a friend put in a buy offer on a new dark grey ext/light grey interior Accord EX-L Nav, with winter Honda floor mats and aftermarket 3M tint (done by dealer's tint guy). One and only offer...$27K even, no doc fee. Only had to add in tags and taxes. Done this past weekend. Was in and out of the dealership in about 75 minutes from the time we walked in, until the time we drove away.

2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring

aspdev2013

Thanks Brain for your valuable input.....is there a way to find the actual costs of dealer installed accessories?All the honda dealers seem to install about >$2000 worth of equipment(i know thats the profit margin) but just wondering how do we negotiate on accessorie

Check out pricing at

College hills honda or Cheap honda parts. The prices you find on here are as close to dealers invoice we may get at any dealership. Use these prices as a guide to make dealership match or beat..

@brain thanks for the lead...i'll look into that

• f1hornetf1hornet Member Posts: 4

@texan1: Which dealer did you but the Sport CVT from? Thanks for sharing.

@texan1 said:
    I am buying Accord Sedan Sport CVT list with dealer added option25747 and I am getting drive out with TTL and all fees and wheel lock door edge guard,Trunk tray splash gurds all weather mats window tints and interior exterior protect for $23,300. Looks like good deal let me know.

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454

Please help launch our new Facebook tab and be one of the first to share your car shopping experience.

• viveksviveks Member Posts: 17

I'm looking to buy an Accord EX-L sedan without any other options. This being earlier in year and month, any idea what would be a reasonable price right now?

I'm in Northern California, so appreciate if someone can share your good experience with any particular dealer.

Thanks!

edited January 2014

500 below invoice is reasonable.

• gthevergthever Member Posts: 3

Hi everyone,

The advice and tips that I read here were great. I think I have an almost finalized deal. PA resident and the deal is with a North Jersey dealership.

2014 EX for $22,150.00 with destination, plus $95.00 prep fee, $199.00 etching fee & $398.00 document prep fee, and 6% sales tax.

2014 EX-L for $24,500.00 with destination, plus the same fees set forth above.

Just wanted to confirm if the above is a good deal. Any comments/advice is much appreciated

For the EX-L it looks like you have $700 in fees, so the it would be $25,200 or about $1450 under the $26,650 invoice. That is a good deal for NJ, and for this time of year. You might be able to save a few hundred more bucks at the end of the month if you hit up the MD dealers, but still you deal sounds pretty solid. You might try going in with a check for the full amount minus the vin etching fee, since it costs about $20 to vin etch a car.

• carkhojcarkhoj Member Posts: 13

@gthever - would you mind sharing the dealership name in North NJ offering $24,500 for EX-L? I'm also looking to buy in north NJ and have yet to find a better deal. Thanks.

• gthevergthever Member Posts: 3

@carkhoj said:
    gthever - would you mind sharing the dealership name in North NJ offering $24,500 for EX-L? I'm also looking to buy in north NJ and have yet to find a better deal. Thanks.

It was at Open Road Honda in Edison. The price also included $500.00 recent grad incentive.

Open road is always one dealership i never reccomend. There fee's of 700 on every vehicle usually kills any good price you get from them. Another problem is there known not to honor there prices. Open Road Honda has lied to me many times over the years.

edited January 2014

FYI:

Majestic honda has very good pricing on parts and accessories on par with

• Cheap honda parts.com

• College hills honda

• Bernardi's Honda

Cross reference when looking for pricing on certain items.. Honda is one of the few brand names that websites { kbb, edmunds , nada, etc } dont have a dealers invoice price on accessories.

Majestic Honda may offer good warranty coverage if your interested.. Compare price wise to Bernardi's, and Hyannis

• primetime3staxprimetime3stax Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2014

Hello everyone. Here in Houston and one of the dealerships has a 2013 E-xl sedan no navigation on the lot... actually 2 of them left and I'm interested. Called salesman over the phone and he quoted me an OTD price of $27662... and he says that he may be able to knock off some more once I come in... I should be able to get this for much less, right? Please help thanks :)

@gthever

With the extra $500 college grad discount, you are now only $950 under invoice which is such a great deal.

@primetime3stax

You need to give us the full breakdown, including the specific amounts for taxes and DMV fees.

FYI;

Majestic Honda

Check out there parts and accessories dept. Pricing is On par if not better than,

Cheap honda parts.com

College Hills parts

There are no web sites that have a listing of honda accessories with dealers invoice prices. These prices are the closest prices that we know to be close to invoice price. Make sure if any of these items are on your vehicle already you use these prices as your guide.

If your looking to buy a extended warranty on your accord check out there prices they may be very good and on par with Bernardi etc.

FYI;

Majestic Honda

Check out there parts and accessories dept. Pricing is On par if not better than,

Cheap honda parts.com

College Hills parts

There are no web sites that have a listing of honda accessories with dealers invoice prices. These prices are the closest prices that we know to be close to invoice price. Make sure if any of these items are on your vehicle already you use these prices as your guide.

If your looking to buy a extended warranty on your accord check out there prices they may be very good and on par with Bernardi etc.

• mikescmikesc Member Posts: 21

Hi all. In Dallas area looking for best price on an 2014 Accord Sport with CVT. Looking for ballpark target price to feel good about purchase. $1500 under invoice about right or too aggressive?

• carkhojcarkhoj Member Posts: 13

I made an offer of $27,000 OTD for accord ex-l sedan in NJ to several dealers. No one is ready to sell me at that price. Is my offer too aggressive? I can wait till the end of this month. Suggestions?

NJ is a very tough market... read back to posts on the previous board. Consider expanding your search to MD and NY, and trying on 1/30 and 1/31.