Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2005 pacifica - sunroof popped

bwendt1bwendt1 Member Posts: 1

In the midst of winter, while driving to work on the highway, I hear this popping sound. I open my sunroof cover and see my glass cracked and broken, it actually lifted up and bevelled. It just popped, the glass lifted up not in. Don't know if anyone else experienced this or why it would happen???

Comments

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148

@bwendt1 said:

Don't know if anyone else experienced this or why it would happen???

Hi - you might find some help with an explanation here: http://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/7429/lexus/sts/exploding-sunroofs/p8

Apparently, the tempered glass sometimes has manufacturing defects that can cause them to shatter unexpectedly. It's not specific to Chrysler, as it's happened to people with a variety of vehicles.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481

Happened to my Mini Cooper---and yes, I believe the explanation---makes sense. It's not a cheap repair either but may be covered under your comprehensive insurance.