Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ppnffppnff Member Posts: 65

In Houston, Texas - pricing appears to be higher than other parts. Looking at AWD with technology package - dealerships want more than $46,800 (before TT&L). A little high - I might buy somewhere else...

• acuras84acuras84 Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2014

Looking to buy a 2014 MDX AWD with technology package in Chicago area.. Anyone can refer to dealerships and share their price quotes?

• s2kroma1s2kroma1 Member Posts: 19

@rsv2014 said:
    looking to buy a 2014 MDX FWD Base , anyone point me good price points , this will be in North Carolina but any quotes folks have from other states will be very helpful too.thanks very much.

In Chicago land I was able to get a quote for around $39000 to $39400

@esr25 said:
    Was it $40725 Plus TTL or $40725 Out of the Door?

$40725 + tax, title, and new plates.

edited January 2014

@s2Kroma1 @esr25 : can you please give the name of the dealer please?

@acuras84 said:
    s2Kroma1 esr25 : can you please give the name of the dealer please?

McGrath in Westmont. I don't think I can give out sale persons name out here on edmunds. Are you ready to purchase now?

edited January 2014
    @s2kroma1 yes looking to buy soon..
  • tecmotecmo Member Posts: 5
    edited January 2014

Hi,
    I am looking to buy an MDX 2014 advanced in the SF bay area. Have looked at fairfield, concord and elk grove so far. Planning on looking at marin and oakland as well.
    The best price I have gotten is 54.5k for the AWD and 52.5 for the FWD.

As an aside, I spoke to pleasanton earlier for the awd tech model and they quoted 46.5. I haven't gotten back to them but concord is the same dealership I think.

Anyone know if this is a good deal or if anyone knows where I can get a better deal in SF bay area?

Thanks.

• esr25esr25 Member Posts: 4

For MDX Base AWD - Best price I got is 44.6K OTD. Is this best price? Can I commit. Dealership is in South

• kp01988kp01988 Member Posts: 7

I am looking for MDW AWD w/ Tech in New Jersey area. Any help/recommendations appreciated. Thanks.

• porceporce Member Posts: 1

I asked Costco membership price at a local dealer for AWD Base, and they gave me $40,930. The best price I heard from this forum was $40,725 by sk2roma1. Does anyone get better prices? Or is Costco price a good starting one?

• eric081eric081 Member Posts: 1

Hi, I am looking to buy an MDX 2014 AWD Tech in SF bay area. Dealers offer 47,460 + TTL through emails. Anyone recommends local dealers here with better prices? Thanks

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142

A reporter would like to speak to a new car buyer under 40 years old who purchased their car because of the connectivity features. Did you buy a Ford because of Sync and MyFordTouch, a Chrysler because of UConnect, a Honda because of HondaLink, etc.? If so, and you'd like to share your story, please send your daytime contact info to [email protected] no later than 3 p.m. PT/6 p.m. ET on Tuesday, 1/7/14.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

@porce said:
    I asked Costco membership price at a local dealer for AWD Base, and they gave me $40,930. The best price I heard from this forum was $40,725 by sk2roma1. Does anyone get better prices? Or is Costco price a good starting one?

Yes, that was for my dad. I negotiated with 7 dealers in Chicago land area. It took me about 1 week to get to that price. We didnot use Costco.
    Looking to purchase one for myself with in 1 or 2 weeks. Any one here wants to do a group buy? We might be able to do a better deal.

• pro1k2000pro1k2000 Member Posts: 2

Hi Tecmo,

Could you share the first or last name of your contact person at pleasanton? I am looking for awd tech model as well in SF bay area.

Thanks,

@tecmo said:
    Hi,
    I am looking to buy an MDX 2014 advanced in the SF bay area. Have looked at fairfield, concord and elk grove so far. Planning on looking at marin and oakland as well.
    The best price I have gotten is 54.5k for the AWD and 52.5 for the FWD.

As an aside, I spoke to pleasanton earlier for the awd tech model and they quoted 46.5. I haven't gotten back to them but concord is the same dealership I think.

Anyone know if this is a good deal or if anyone knows where I can get a better deal in SF bay area?

Thanks.

• kautilyakautilya Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2014

I got a quote for 43,250+Dest+TTL on a FWD+Tech MDX. Is this a good price?

Thanks.

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454

Please help launch our new Facebook tab and be one of the first to share your car shopping experience.

• sachintsachint Member Posts: 5

I got a quote of 2014 MDX AWD+ TECH for $46, 274 + TTL. is it a good price? dealear is in NJ area.

• jaymkjaymk Member Posts: 86

@sachint said:
    I got a quote of 2014 MDX AWD+ TECH for $46, 274 + TTL. is it a good price? dealear is in NJ area.

I think You should try to get close to $45000.
    End of the month is near, You may get the deal You want.
    Thank You.

• skrish08820skrish08820 Member Posts: 15

Contact Acura of Denville and ask for their Internet Manager. He quoted 45387 + 7.70 online processing fee + 7.50 NJ Tire fee (1.50 per tire) + 299 documentary fee + 7% NJ sales tax + DMV (based on new title or re-use of existing). I went for transferring my other car's title.
    No hassles. I had been to quite a few (Springfield, Princeton, Bridgewater) Spoke to East Brunswick on the phone. Of all these places, Acura of Denville is the best.

Acura of Denville and Precision Acura in Princeton gave me the prices. Acura of Denville was 45422 & Precision was 45786. To be fair, Precision Acura was willing to match the price. Unfortunately, they did not have stock. Same with Denville.

Both Springfield and OpenRoad East Brunswick did not give me the price. Went to Springfield and they would not match the price. Instead, the guy was just blabbering how good they were and how Denville would lure me with under the invoice quote and not give me a vehicle for 3 months. Also visited Bridgewater who would not match the same price. Never bothered to visit OpenRoad since they were not willing to give me a price.

• joeyyungrocksjoeyyungrocks Member Posts: 2

This is what I got from Houston.
    Not very clear on what the charges are, but at least gives some more insight,

Yes on the AWD Base MDX I currently show your special price to be $43,085 and the Tech to be at $47,360. Please be advised my price does include the destination charge.

• leo_zleo_z Member Posts: 18

I am in the market for Accura MDX AWD + Tech package in Phoenix, Tempe, Scottsdale area. I am getting a 48,312 + documentation + Tax from Trucar. I dont think this is a great deal. Has anybody recently bought a vehicle in this area ? Thanks

• joeyyungrocksjoeyyungrocks Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2014

This again is in Houston.

They seem rather high, but he said if I can bring him a quote of the price I am getting he will beat it.

> Price Drive out

> RDX Base AWD $34,886 = $37,418

> RDX Tech AWD $38,345 = $41,100

> MDX Base AWD $42,711 = $45,749

> MDX Tech AWD $46,986 = $50,300

In Arizona, I got a quote of MDX SH-AWD + Tech for $54,171 and MDX SH-AWD for $48,820. These are OTD prices... (inclusive of documentation, tax, documentation fee & tinting, side guards on doors & 3M strips on door handles, edges). I think these are really high... anybody have a comment...

• njacuramdx2014njacuramdx2014 Member Posts: 4

Today I purchased 2014 ACURA MDX AWD with Tech and Entertainment package for 47350 + TTL in NJ

njacuramdx2014, How much did it end up being OTD (Out of the door). Also, did the dealer put anything extra/charge you extra for the accessories ? Thanks in advance...

@njacuramdx2014 said:
    Today I purchased 2014 ACURA MDX AWD with Tech and Entertainment package for 47350 + TTL in NJ

• njacuramdx2014njacuramdx2014 Member Posts: 4

I didn't took any accessories. OTD breakdown : 47350 Car price + 7% Sales Tax + 613 DMV fees + 259 documentation fees.

thanks njacuramdx2014 ! This helps...

@njacuramdx2014 said:
    I didn't took any accessories. OTD breakdown : 47350 Car price + 7% Sales Tax + 613 DMV fees + 259 documentation fees.

• unclebrightunclebright Member Posts: 2

@sangal said:
    I have personally gained a lot from this forum. So now I am going to contribute back by giving you all the pricing of my recent purchase:

2014 MDX AWD w/ Tech. $45,500 (including destination) + TTL in NW Chicago Suburbs

Apparently i did not do as well as i thought, because after i signed the paperwork i heard another customer who bought the same car as me for $45,000 (including destination) + TTL at this dealership.

FYI...both these deals were completed on 12/31/2013. Good Luck to all.

Would you mind sharing which dealership you went ?

• unclebrightunclebright Member Posts: 2

@acuras84 said:
    s2kroma1 yes looking to buy soon..

Did you get your MDX yet? I am also looking to buy very soon, and email 3 dealerships in NW suburbs. I was trying to get $45,500 for AWD + Tech + Destination, but all of them replied the price was too low to go. I am wondering if anyone made purchase lately and what would be the current deals on this popular vehicle.

edited January 2014

I bought Acura MDX with Tech package for 45387 + 7% NJ tax + 191 (# transfer/595 for new #), 7.50 tire charge, 7.70 online charges + .004 NJ supplemental charges (181) + 299 document fee from Acura of Denville. Destination included.

body side molding $275, all weather mats 120 (1st & 2nd row), Cargo triple folding mat $120 and wheel locks $79.

Anyone interested in NJ to buy an Acura, please contact Acura of Denville and quote my name Subramanian) to the internet manager. He would definitely treat you well. I had seen a few (Springfield, Princeton, East Brunswick, and Bridgewater). It was a pleasant experience at Acura of Denville.

• xhlar8cfxhlar8cf Member Posts: 22

Jan. 2014 latest quote for 2014 MDX w/ Tech package

36 month lease
    MSRP: 49460
    CR: $47,990
    MF: .00200 (4%)
    RV: 12k = 61%
    RV: 15k = 59%
    Sales tax $2100
    TF: $1,451
    If all rolled in total Balance: $51,498

$0 down w/ 15k miles: $794
    " " 12k miles : $768

$3k down pays for TF / Sales Tax: 15k = $705
    " " 12k = 679

What are your thoughts?????

Thanks

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725

Looks like they are marking the base money factor of .00170

$800 seems like a lot for a $50K vehicle.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

I agree, do you think January and February are a bad time to purchase? I have time to wait

• ladriver123ladriver123 Member Posts: 1
    Hi - wanted to thank everyone for valuable information and to share my recent purchase in LA area.

2014 MDX FWD Base: $40,637 (including destination) +ttl

We also have 4 more lease payments on a 2011 TSX - they agreed to cut our lease short by two months (value: $900). They also added 1 year of service and a cargo tray ($140).
  • dyungdyung Member Posts: 16

@skrish08820 said:
    Anyone interested in NJ to buy an Acura, please contact Acura of Denville and quote my name Subramanian) to the internet manager. He would definitely treat you well. I had seen a few (Springfield, Princeton, East Brunswick, and Bridgewater). It was a pleasant experience at Acura of Denville.

My 2011 was leased from Denville, we had got a decent deal at that time. I'm currently talking to them about leasing '14 Adv/Ent., this time around the pricing was not that great initially (both with lease and equity on '11). I will report back if there is a deal.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725

Well... the lease program is nothing to get excited about. It sure won't get any worse, I don't think.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

dyung, I had a quote for 53160 from them. I asked for 1k less and could have got it if pushed for it since Acura of Denville was willing to go 500 lower. Ended up buying AWD Tech.

• dyungdyung Member Posts: 16

skrish - Is your quote included destination chrg? If not, then that's what I got as well. They are offering almost nothing for my trade-in.

• vipulvipul Member Posts: 4

Purchased MDX FWD Base in Northern NJ for $39765 which includes destination + tax, title, etc...

edited January 2014

dyung, The price of 45387 for AWD Tech & 53160 (-500) AWD Advanced include destination charges.

• drakejdrakej Member Posts: 8

I just bought an MDX AWD w/ Tech for $46.1K + tax, title in the bay area. I also ended up buying Acura care for 60,000 miles/4 years for $1300. In the calculations I've run it seems like the Acura care is just a break even proposition at that price - but would be interested in others opinions or knowledge there. Thanks.

• drakejdrakej Member Posts: 8

@eric081 said:
    Hi, I am looking to buy an MDX 2014 AWD Tech in SF bay area. Dealers offer 47,460 + TTL through emails. Anyone recommends local dealers here with better prices? Thanks

We got bids for 46.5 from several dealers - Marin, niello in sac, and Sunnyvale. Then we were able to get to 46.1 ultimately with the all weather mats thrown in.

Can anyone provide what they paid for a MDX 2014 AWD Tech? What should a monthly lease payment be for 36 months 15k miles a year? Did you role in T&T? What was your MF etc. What were your fees? Thanks in advance

• dbworkerdbworker Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2014

@skrish08820 said:
    body side molding $275, all weather mats 120 (1st & 2nd row), Cargo triple folding mat $120 and wheel locks $79.

Skrish08820 - were all of these accessories included in your $45,387 price? And thank you for all of your comments...I'm in NNJ and will definitely check out Denville

• perfectcar2014perfectcar2014 Member Posts: 1

@drakej, was wondering if you got any extras besides the floor mats thrown in: chrome roof racks, etc. I'm assuming the $46.1k included destination charge. Any chance you'd share which dealership you ultimately bought from? Thanks!

• dlin928dlin928 Member Posts: 12

Hi all, I am looking to buy an MDX 2014 AWD Tech (Black/Ebony) in LA area. The best I got is $46.4K included destination and Protection package IV + TTL. Is this good deal?