Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
edited May 2015 in Honda
This discussion is dedicated to 2014 Honda Odyssey purchasing experiences. You can find the most current Honda Odyssey purchasing discussion here:: 2015 Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

For the latest leasing info, check out 2015 Honda Odyssey Lease Questions

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications on Edmunds 2015 Honda Odyssey page.

To see all forums discussions about the Honda Odyssey, including earlier model years, please visit our list of Honda Odyssey discussions.

Navigation tips: To see the most recent information and activity, make sure to visit the latest post, which may be a few pages ahead. Click the pages numbers just below to go to a new page in the discussion -- or search the entire discussion by clicking the magnifying glass icon and entering keywords.

We also invite you to share your purchase experience on Edmunds Facebook page, Share Your Story.

Comments

• edemjdedemjd Member Posts: 1

Quoted 31,568 on a 2014 EX-L (no NAV or RES) in Dayton, OH.

Price includes destination so it would be 31,568 + TTL out the door.

Good deal?

• godeacsgodeacs Member Posts: 481

Seems OK. Have been offered $30,999 for the same vehicle (with flex $) by 1 local dealer (Central Texas) but others have been around the $31.5K mark.

• godeacsgodeacs Member Posts: 481

My mistake...was offered $31,999 + TTL I think so you got a great deal. The price is now $32499 since the flex $ are gone.

• voivoi Member Posts: 3

2014 Odyssey EX , OTD price quote $30805 in GA

is it a good price?

any one recently purchased '2014 Odyssey EX' in GA (Atlanta and surroundings)? best OTD price?

• cluocluo Member Posts: 1

Any one recently purchased 2014 Odyssey EX in San Diego or Los Angeles, what is the best or reasonable OTD price? In this forum, I noticed the below two. Did anybody get a similar or better price than the two around San Diego and LA area?

Vehicle price: 28771.75 (including the destination)
    Title: 144
    Electronic Registration: 20
    Sales tax (6%): 1738.25
    License fee: 187
    Dealer processing fee: 199
    Financing: 5000 (0.9% interest) through Honda Finance to qualify for the $500 flex rebate
    Out-to-door price: 31060-500 (flex) =30560
    Included free accessories: fenderwell trim, door guards, splash guards, and wheel locks.

Purchased: 11-10-13
    Dealer: Bernardi Honda, Natick, MA
    Trim: 2014 Honda Odyssey EX
    Vehicle Price: $29,392 (including destination)
    Doc fee: $352
    Dealer installed accessories:none
    State Tax 6.25%: $1837
    Registration fee: $100
    Flex Cash: -$500
    OTD Price: $31,181

• ab92336ab92336 Member Posts: 2

hi all,

long time lurker first time poster in SoCal (Inland Empire). am trying to nail down a 2014 EX and i was already emailed $31,731.08 OTD by Sierra (30min drive). im still waiting for replies on 4 closer ones (Rock, Penske, Spreen & Metro)

has anyone used Truecar here? what are your experiences?

TIA!

2014 Odyssey EX , OTD price $30205 in GA

is it a good price?

• hkk621hkk621 Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2013

I am blown away by the deals I've been seeing people get here. I'm in Western NY and the best I've been offered is $34,098 +TTL for a 2014 EX-L. We have four Honda dealerships in the area so it seems as though competition would be pretty fierce, but there are also a ton of Hondas on the road around here, so...? I don't know what to make of it. How do I successfully negotiate a good deal if all of the dealerships seem to be sticking to their guns?

• tansthemantanstheman Member Posts: 1

On a new-used 2014 Odyssey touring elite with 4000 miles; I am being offered a price of 37000 + taxes. This is in Chicago area. Is this a good deal or should I expect better? many thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge.

• zane911zane911 Member Posts: 1

Just purchased 2014 Honda EXL without RES or NAV at biggest Honda dealer in Charlotte, NC (Scott Clark) for $31,500 +++. Best price that I could get in my area with checking around 4 other dealers was $32,205.

I worked with their Internet Sales team and walked into the dealership ready to buy few hours later with the GM doing a great deal. Great time to buy and well, loving my new purchase.

• drewnycdrewnyc Member Posts: 7

Pacific Honda (San Diego) EX-L for $32,398 plus tax and registration.

• cwalacwala Member Posts: 3

Based on my posting below quite a lot of folks have done a deal with my sales contacts at Mcdavid Honda of Frisco where I ought my Ody 2014. Several people from various parts of Texas have actually driven several hours to do the deal. If anyone needs the contacts email me and I can provide the contacts.

Some folks have asked me about other models such as pilot,RAV etc. I have no idea since I did not research etc. All I can say is that the GM of sales I worked and the 1st level sales person fir my odyssey will probably make a good deal but always do your due diligence at all other dealers and then go to the contacts with the best deal to see if they are willing to beat it .

Thanks
    Happy New year to all!

Folks
    In Dallas, TX....Bought new Odyssey EX-L (WITHOUT RES or NAV) Black with truffle interior and Wheel locks,mud guards, cargo tray, Door Sill garnish (basically Odyssey logo etched into floor of all for entryways), door edge guards, window tint.

Pinged dealers such as Autonation Honda, Rusty Wallis Honda, Mcdavid Honda of Frisco (Closest to me and have bought 2 previous Hondas from them), John Eagle Honda Rockwall Honda and Honda cars of Mckinney. Best quote I got was 31,710 + ttl if I financed (I did not want to finance which they said would add about $1000) and it would include all the accessories I wanted above except door sill garnish which would add another $250.

I had a trade in worth 24280 (dealer trade in) according to kbb.com. I first tried to sell my trade in on craigslist, autotrader etc and the best I could do was 25,300. Three dealers valued my car from 24,280 to 24,500. So the best offer I had was 31960 - 24500 + ($1000) if i did not finance) = 7460 with finance and 8460 without finance. The only problem was I was getting the best offer on new van in one place and best offer for my trade in at another place.

I narrowed my focus to David Mcdavid, Rusty Wallis and Honda Cars of Mckinney insisting on no finance. I eliminated Rusty Wallis because they would not come down any further. Finally after back and forth between Honda Mckinney and David Mcdavid I got no finance deal of $7400 +ttl and all accessories I wanted from David Mcdavid of Honda frisco.

I negotiated with the GM of sales at Mcdavid Honda of Frisco and I have bought 2 Hondas from them before and referred people there . There is no one close to their price when you push them at the right time . December is the best month and with several days of ice and snow this month they are I am sure behind on hitting their numbers.

If you decide on buying there let me know and I will give you the GM name.

Thus Breakdown
    32,240 (EX-L without RES or NAV) includes Wheel locks, Mud guards, Door edge guards, cargo tray Window Tint, Door Sill Garnish)
    Trade in Allowance 25,000 (Went up above best offer I had by $500)
    Trade in difference 7400 (dropped requirement to finance)
    Doc fee 180
    Tax 462.5 (Note taxes are only on the difference ...so if you sell on the open market to private party you would need to get another 1300 for the trade in and manage all the hassle of selling to a private party)
    Title License fees 150
    Balance 8192.5

• senmmailsenmmail Member Posts: 10

After forum change I am not able to use my account (senmun) to post comments.

On 12/30, I purchased EX-L for $32800 on the road with few accessories (wheel locks, door guards and pinstripes)

Sale price: 30430 (includes destination)
    MD Tax 6%: 1826
    Processing Fee: 200
    Tags Fee: 340
    Tire recycling: 4

Dealer ran out of Flex cash but still beat their original quote that included flex cash.

Financed through Honda and they offered discounted GAP for $335, my current insurance provider Geico does not offer GAP so I am shopping for insurance.

@senmun said:
    It is very good price.

I would not get heated seats because kids until 8/9 sit in the car seat anyways. If you park the van inside the garage, don't even think about it.
    @thebelly said:
    $30748 does indeed include destination.

Is this a good price? I am hoping to get dealer installed second row heated seats for $599. Is that a bit too much?

• cmdacmda Member Posts: 2

This looks like a great deal to me. We are in MD too. Can you tell me which dealership sold you your car?

@senmmail said:
    After forum change I am not able to use my account (senmun) to post comments.

On 12/30, I purchased EX-L for $32800 on the road with few accessories (wheel locks, door guards and pinstripes)

Sale price: 30430 (includes destination)
    MD Tax 6%: 1826
    Processing Fee: 200
    Tags Fee: 340
    Tire recycling: 4

Dealer ran out of Flex cash but still beat their original quote that included flex cash.

Pohanka - Talk to Aubrey

@cmda said:
    This looks like a great deal to me. We are in MD too. Can you tell me which dealership sold you your car?

• amyanandsamyanands Member Posts: 4

On 12/30 we got a Honda Odyssey EX-L with RES for $32,700 including a $500 Recent Graduate incentive. The price we saw on the Consumer Reports 'Price and Build' for this car was $33,963. We also negotiated a trade in price that is more than initially offered. What do you guys think of this deal?

• ae2010ae2010 Member Posts: 1
    We bought the 2014 Odyssey ex l for 33250 OTD ( including all fees) on 12/31/2013 in Georgia. We also got the all weather mats included.
  • cps3cps3 Member Posts: 2

@amyanands said:
    On 12/30 we got a Honda Odyssey EX-L with RES for $32,700 including a $500 Recent Graduate incentive. The price we saw on the Consumer Reports 'Price and Build' for this car was $33,963. We also negotiated a trade in price that is more than initially offered. What do you guys think of this deal?

Amy...this is a 2014? And the $32,700 price, did it include destination? What about the infamous "doc fees", tax, title, license? It seems like a good deal, and maybe a really good deal!

• ab92336ab92336 Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2014

On 12/30 got a 2014 EX for $28,760+TTL @ Penske Honda. They matched Spreen's "$27,975 TrueCar price" plus $695 for the security. They threw in the mats & wheel lock after I walked away. All in all, great experience. PM me if you need my guy's name & phone#.

Cps3...Yes this is the 2014 Odyssey. The 32700 is inclusive of document fee and destination but doesn't include the TT&L.
  • cps3cps3 Member Posts: 2
    Amy...that is an Awesome deal! Do you mind sharing where you bought it, I'm hoping to buy one this week.
  • myid_eamyid_ea Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2014

Bought our 2014 Odyssey EX-L last night [Jan 2] from Round Rock Honda.

smoky topaz ext + truffle int

32995 + TTL + 150 Doc fee

inclusive: dest Fee+ some basic accessories [splash guards+wheel locks+tint (front row)+trunk tray]

They also offered good price for extended warranty which I denied politely [as I was not sure if it added much value and wanted more time to decide], they were nice and didn't put any pressure.

Its a very competitive market here in Central Texas which is great for the buyers. I dealt personally [sat down and spoke to in person] with 3 dealerships in Central Texas, Round Rock Honda, First Texas Honda & Howdy Honda during my car buying experience.

First of all Excellent buying experience with Round Rock Honda. No wonder at least 7 folks I know bought their Honda's from them.

Also, got a good price for my excellent condition honda element trade-in. They exceeded trade-in price quoted from First Texas Honda by a few $. The price paid was excellent condition value from nada guides. It was a pleasure dealing with "buddy" [ thats the sales guys name, and he's great] and the team at Round Rock Honda.

I am surprised how long dealerships have come from the old predatory ways. I stopped by Round Rock Honda dealership twice. First time I stopped by a week ago, the best they could provide was 33,700 on ex-l, were open about their inability to go lower at that point of time due to limited inventory at hand. They also recommended me to offer the price for incoming cars in jan.
    Second time was Jan 2, they informed me of their sale and I was able to make a deal over phone/email and stopped by their dealership to complete the deal.

Also along the process of buying my odyssey, I had great experience working with First Texas Honda , too bad I wasn't able to close the deal with them due to inventory, they said they sold too many cars too fast. so was asked to wait longer to get a car at the competitive price point. They also gave excellent trade-in price. The best no haggle experience.

It was hard to deal with Howdy Honda as they are still in the same old haggling ways, telling me their standard price is 36k and they have no incentive to lower their price unless others are, but can match other dealers prices. The point they miss is, if i go through the effort of getting a good deal from other dealers, I might as well buy from the best price dealer and give the credit to the dealer who offered the price.

hope this helps.

• myid_eamyid_ea Member Posts: 2

Also one other point I forgot to mention was the tax savings on your new car purchase if you Trade-in.
    I don't know the law in other states but in Texas, if you trade-in and use the equity for your new car purchase, the state will deduct the equity form your new car price and then tax you.
    for eg., if your new car price is 30k and your trade-in is 10k, the state tax will be on 30k-10k = 20k. So the saving are 6.25% of 10k.

Sorry this is not valid if you pay the 10k in cash tough.

Hi guys, Did anyone buy Gap insurance when you bought your new car? If so, how much did it end up costing?

Initially I was told $750 for GAP but then I was offered employee pricing of $335 when I told I will come back after some research.

Have you checked with your auto insurance provider? It costs only about $20/yr. I know Geico does not offer but Travelers does. Travelers auto insurance quote was much higher so did not change. gapdirect.com offers it for $185 but unfortunately it does not offer in my state MD.

Most of the credit unions offering 2% interest also asks for $350. So, I ended up taking Honda's GAP for $335 after 3 days of research.

@amyanands said:
    Hi guys, Did anyone buy Gap insurance when you bought your new car? If so, how much did it end up costing?

Thank you for the detailed response senmmail! I will check if my current insurer offers it.

• superseacatsuperseacat Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2014

St. Louis market late December.
    2014 ex-l no RES and no Navi: $32,000 +$199 doc fee+TTL

$32K inluded delivery and included some extra dealership accessories like all season mats, cargo tray, mud guards, and AutoButler (5 years of waxes and detailing every 6 months).

Didnt qualify for college, loyalty or military discounts.

• odyssey2014odyssey2014 Member Posts: 2

Hi all, This forum has been great to learn about the price for Honda Odyssey 2014.
    We bought our 2014 Odyssey EX-L on Monday [Dec 30, 2013] from Hennessy Honda of Woodstock, GA.

smoky topaz ext + truffle int

31,298 + 199 (Splash) + 88 (Nitrogen air) + 119 (appearance) + 489 Doc fee + tax

• 0.90% (36 months full finance)
  • odyssey2014odyssey2014 Member Posts: 2

Hi ae2010, where did you purchase your vehicle in Georgia?

@ae2010 said:
    We bought the 2014 Odyssey ex l for 33250 OTD ( including all fees) on 12/31/2013 in Georgia. We also got the all weather mats included.

• sandytcsandytc Member Posts: 3
    Has anyone bought a EX-L recently from Northern California? What OTD prices have ppl been paying in North Cal?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148

A reporter would like to speak to a new car buyer under 40 years old who purchased their car because of the connectivity features. Did you buy a Ford because of Sync and MyFordTouch, a Chrysler because of UConnect, a Honda because of HondaLink, etc.? If so, and you'd like to share your story, please send your daytime contact info to pr@edmunds.com no later than 3 p.m. PT/6 p.m. ET on Tuesday, 1/7/14.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• odyssey_ownedodyssey_owned Member Posts: 6
    edited January 2014

I bought the 2014 Odyssey EX-L (no nav, no dvd) for $32k out the door (including all tax, tags, fees).
    I had been looking for the van since November and had planted my seeds via email, phone at multiple dealerships in the DC Metro area but was not getting the price I wanted even on 31st dec (which is end of month/year) and all. I offered #31,500 otd max $31,700 and the lowest offer I got was $32,700 otd. Finally, I got a call from one of the dealers on the day the polar vortex hit ;-) - Jan 7th the coldest day. First they tried to play the game and told me that they got close to what I want $33,200 - $500 for either college grad or military. I told them that is nowhere near close and I don't qualify for those. They called me back with an offer of $32k otd if I came the same evening and told me that they were giving that deal due to low sales for the weather. Bingo. I didn't delay and picked up the van the same night. Feel free to email me with questions about tips - I think I have done enough research that I got the van for $2500 below invoice.

I almost went for Sienna to save money. But the features in Odyssey 2014 is way better and you'll save 1k max.

Also, note that Honda dealers have additional incentives at the beginning of the month($500 flex cash) and they usually run out by the middle of the month. So end of the month is not necessarily always the best time to buy.

• inglewood78inglewood78 Member Posts: 1

A few dealers have accepted my offer of 40K OTD offer on a 2014 Odyssey Touring. This corresponds to a selling price of $36,900 before TTL. It sounds like a very good price. Any other perspectives? I live in So Cal if it make a difference.

• cmdacmda Member Posts: 2

@odyssey_owned, great deal! What was the sales price with destination but before TTL? Do you mind sharing which dealership? How did you extend your initial offer--by phone, email, or in person? We have been casually shopping for several months, but we haven't found many D.C. area Honda dealers willing to deal by email. The opening offers by email seem pretty high, and most don't want to negotiate by phone. We have previously bought Toyotas and were able to work nail down good deals by phone before going into the dealership to complete paperwork.

• privatemanprivateman Member Posts: 1

Bought 2014 Honda odyssey EXL (mud flaps, pin stripes, tint, door edge, all season floor mats, trunk tray, cargo folding tray, roof rails, cargo net) in Dallas, TX out the door price including TTL- 34100. NO DVD and Nav

• dolleyedolleye Member Posts: 2

Hi odyssey_owned, do you mind share the dealer information? I have exact the same budget as you and contacted couple of the dealers and were told no way.

@odyssey_owned said:

I bought the 2014 Odyssey EX-L (no nav, no dvd) for $32k out the door (including all tax, tags, fees).
    I had been looking for the van since November and had planted my seeds via email, phone at multiple dealerships in the DC Metro area but was not getting the price I wanted even on 31st dec (which is end of month/year) and all. I offered #31,500 otd max $31,700 and the lowest offer I got was $32,700 otd. Finally, I got a call from one of the dealers on the day the polar vortex hit ;-) - Jan 7th the coldest day. First they tried to play the game and told me that they got close to what I want $33,200 - $500 for either college grad or military. I told them that is nowhere near close and I don't qualify for those. They called me back with an offer of $32k otd if I came the same evening and told me that they were giving that deal due to low sales for the weather. Bingo. I didn't delay and picked up the van the same night. Feel free to email me with questions about tips - I think I have done enough research that I got the van for $2500 below invoice.

I almost went for Sienna to save money. But the features in Odyssey 2014 is way better and you'll save 1k max.

Also, note that Honda dealers have additional incentives at the beginning of the month($500 flex cash) and they usually run out by the middle of the month. So end of the month is not necessarily always the best time to buy.

• odyssey_babyodyssey_baby Member Posts: 1

I have a OTD quote in LA county for 32k for EX Honda Odyssey 2014. DOn't have the exact number in front of me, but its slightly lesser than the MSRP on it.
    2015. The price includes everything. I feel its too much. Anyone got it cheaper?
    Any inputs appreciated.

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148

Please help launch our new Facebook tab and be one of the first to share your car shopping experience.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• elvizzleelvizzle Member Posts: 1

I just purchased a 2014 Odyssey EX on Jan 19th from Poway Honda in CA. Below is the breakdown of the price.

Selling price: $29500 (includes destination)
    Flex Cash: $500
    Official Fees (Includes doc fee, and title): $399.25
    Sales Tax (8%): 2366.40
    OTD price: $31,765.65

I did the .9% financing for 36 months.

• sphoffmannsphoffmann Member Posts: 1

Just paid 32,224 + TTL + doc. fee of 199. for EXL incl. cargo tray at Victory Honda in Muncie, IN after considerable bargaining and only after a (friendly) walk-out. Salesman suggested lower prices reported on this blog in past month might have involved financing (mine did not) and claimed not to know about dealer incentives/holdback. I did not necessarily buy this, but for me the deal was OK as they got the color I wanted from a neighboring state at no extra charge in two days, and the dealer is local. I suggest anyone in the Indianapolis area contact Stephen Gray, internet sales manager of Ed Martin Honda in Indianapolis to get a better deal. Ed Martin seems to be oriented toward the younger, internet-savvy buyer and will deliver the car, too. Don't start any lower than 31,500, at least in the current market (while it is really cold out!).

• looking4help1looking4help1 Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2014

I'm getting quotes of $40,800 for the Touring Elite (including destination, tag and title fees) but excluding sales tax, and dealer documentation fee of $600. Just curious what other dealers, either in or outside of Atlanta, GA area are quoting or what the going price is. The dealer that quoted me this price said $500 Honda Flex cash was available if I financed with Honda and he could include some accessories, like mud guards, wheel locks and maybe all season mats. Good deal or should I be pushing for a better price? Thanks!

• zmszms Member Posts: 4

2014 Honda Odyssey EX for $28,900

I am getting 2014 Honda Odyssey EX for $28,900 (OTD). Is it a good offer ? Should I ask for any options ? Does EX come with any options/ADD ons at all ? Please help.I have to make decision this weekend.

• isureshisuresh Member Posts: 12
    edited February 2014

Planet Honda in NJ is quoting $31,020(dest included) + TTL for EX-L model. Is this a good price? they have a $399.

• prasadkumargprasadkumarg Member Posts: 3

I checked in route22 NJ they quoted 32300 + TTL+ (reg+doc=800)...how much doc fee are planet Honda charging

any idea whats the invoice price for EX-L base (w/0 navigation)

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,042

@prasadkumarg said:
    any idea whats the invoice price for EX-L base (w/0 navigation)

If you go to the main page at www.edmunds.com, you can select the make and model of the vehicle you are looking for and get the invoice price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• isureshisuresh Member Posts: 12
    edited February 2014

$399

@prasadkumarg said:
    I checked in route22 NJ they quoted 32300 + TTL+ (reg+doc=800)...how much doc fee are planet Honda charging

Finally bought mine for 31000 (including dest) + ttl + doc fee 400
    Sphoffmann: the lower price has nothing to do with financing I own my car no leasing...the $1000 diff doesn't matter much if u will be keeping the van for long ... Most of my friends have a van nd have been driving for 5 + years. one has to be patient while negotiation... Since the car salesmen are real smart.. It took me 2 months to complete my buy.
  • prr2014prr2014 Member Posts: 3

Got Honda Odessey EX-L without Navigation and without rear entertainment - OTD price paid all inclusive $32,700 in Maryland