Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Stories from the Sales Frontlines

Comments

• driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,976

@imidazol97 said:
    Sterlingdog, formerly Richard64, says hello to everyone. He's trying to get his password to work to get back up and running on our new forum here.

Say hi to Richard64 (even though he is now Sterling Dog I will always think of him as Richard)

It would be nice to have him back...why doesn't he just get another name - he can have multiple personalities - write as different people depending on his mood.

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,151
    edited January 2014

It doesn't take me long to swipe my credit card. I only take off one glove. :smile

RANT on:

I get bothered by Floridians telling how wonderful it is there during the winter. I know it's cold here and warmer there. :grin

Rant:

I always like to remind Floridians in hurricane season that we don't have the higher insurance cost due to hurricanes as they do in Florida. My sister-in-law used to live there in Orlando. Couldn't feel sorry for her and significant other losing their shingles and having to wait for insurance to pay and get their home repaired after a hurricane a few years back. Her sig oth sold his home and they moved to Las Vegas area. She's w/ United with high seniority and they can choose where they live somewhat as long as they can fly into their base.

Rant:

Even when my sister who lived in Boca Raton had moved into assisted living in Ft. Lauderdale, she was moved during one of the hurricanes to a "safe" area. :grin

Rant:

And then there're those who complain about the driving and travel back and forth as snow birds. Sorry, I'd just live in Tennessee with no income taxes and moderate weather. They have a little snow and have a lot of heat. :grin

RANT off:

It's going to be 14-F early next week. They're saying coldest in couple of decades. One day the low AND high will be 0 deg F here in W. Ohio. So enjoy your Florida. I'm jealous. The grass is always greener.

Have a great day. Stay cool down there. :grin

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

@graphicguy said:
    Another TL SH AWD Advance. Acura has improved them over the last few model years. I .
    Thanks for following my travails and encouraging me.

Congratulations! Thanks for the sales story it was fascinating and it sounds like you made the choice that was best for you. Getting the $14K back was a nice bonus too!

@houdini1 said:

Translation...when he is able to make bail.

lol.

He told me none of those rumors were true, and all the charges have been dropped.

@imidazol97 said:

RANT on:

I get bothered by Floridians telling how wonderful it is there during the winter. I know it's cold here and warmer there. :grin

LOVED YOUR RANTS - just remember, no place is perfect.

• graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665

@oldfarmer50 said:

oldfarmer....were you previously known as CARNACK the MAGNIFICENT?

Funny thing is, I had you looking for me. You came up with a bunch of luxe beaters I liked.

Not in the market for one now, but appreciated the help.

2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,328

@driver100 said:
    -16 fahrenhiet is really cold...he must be further north in Ontario than I am.

Sure is, and here just outside of Chicago the forecasted high on Monday is -10 F and we have been having lows bath were below zero so it didn't seem strange for someone a little further north having much lower temps.

Odd thing is that I used to live in Alaska (Kodiak to be exact) and January temps hovered right around 35 degrees with little variation (maybe up to 4 or 5 degrees). People look at me funny when I said it was warmer back when I lived in Alaska.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

edited January 2014

@driver100 said:
    LOVED YOUR RANTS - just remember, no place is perfect.

Right. No place is perfect. I think I left out that the cold weather kills off the giant cockroaches here and other bugs. I remember visiting my sister when she lived in Ft. Lauderdale earlier and the bugs in among the trees in the area near I95 and Alligator Highway were really bad. Then later when she was in Boca there were all these bugs from driving at night plastering the windshield of her car.

I'm just feeling sorry for myself here with the forecasts for this coming weekend and week. At least the extreme cold for this area will reduce bugs next spring.

@imidazol97 said:

At least the extreme cold for this area will reduce bugs next spring

I think you are a glass half full kinda guy. If you think of bugs as being a huge advantage to being in the deep freeze and snow you are a lot more positive than me.

When we go on the highway in Florida I have to clean the bugs off the car. Personally, I would rather do that than scrape frozen ice off the windows. Many areas here don't seem to have flies or mosquitoes and that is nice.

• jmonroejmonroe Member Posts: 8,989

@driver100 said:
    Down here they like to say that cold mass of air came from Canada.......in Canada we blame it on the Artic.

Like I have said before, here in the US we blame our weather that comes from the North on the Canadians because you guys are the ones who had it last. :@ Just like you guys blame it on the Artic.

jmonroe

'15 Genesis V8 with Ultimate Package and '18 Legacy Limited 6 cyl

• jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602

To all the folks in Fla. is your homeowners insurance high ? I heard it can be 5-10k per year thanks to storm issues.

• abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258

@imidazol97 said:
    I think I left out that the cold weather kills off the giant cockroaches here and other bugs. I remember visiting my sister when she lived in Ft. Lauderdale earlier and the bugs in among the trees in the area near I95 and Alligator Highway were really bad. Then later when she was in Boca there were all these bugs from driving at night plastering the windshield of her car.

The "giant" cockroaches down here a called "Palmetto Bugs". They are about 4-6 inches long, 2-3 inches wide, and are fast as the dickens.

As for Alligator Highway and Ft. Lauderdale, these two areas are about 14 miles away from each other. Alligator "Highway" is actually I-75 as it crosses the Everglades to Naples (west coast of Florida). The bugs that accumulate on the windshield are probably "June Bugs" which are rampant from late May to early July. That's why I never drive in the western suburbs during those months because they splatter your windshield and the front of your car. Their crushed bodies play havoc on your car's paint - that's why they have to be removed immediately.

Most of the suburbs and cities down here in the Southeast Coast of Florida are relatively bug free - except out by the Sawgrass Expressway (near Alligator Alley and I 75. Lots of mosquitos out there. We are relatively bug free here except for the occasional infestation of ants - which we eliminate with the usual bug sprays.

As driver mentions, imidazole, there really isn't a perfect climate in the USA - with the exception, in my opinion, of San Diego - great climate and rare natural disasters except for the occasional earthquake. I lived in San Diego for a year or two in the early 90's, and they had great weather most of the year - never too cool and never too hot.

2021 Genesis G90

edited January 2014

@imidazol97 said:
    It doesn't take me long to swipe my credit card. I only take off one glove. :smile

RANT on:

Love your rantings - it makes me feel better about my self when I rant on and on.

As for Floridians having great bragging abilities about their weather in the winter, I tend to agree that we can get obnoxious about it - the heat can do that to you, imidazole, did you know that? Especially heat in "winter" when everyone else if freezing.

But you have to admit it, imidazole, Floridians don't have much to brag about other than their weather in the winter - think about it! The Marlins just had a brand new stadium built for close to 1 billion dollars and can't win a game there (or any place else, for that matter). The Dolphins have had problems on and off the field - bullying, dropping passes, no quarterback protection in the pocket - we certainly can't brag about them either. Then, we have the Florida Panthers - no much to cheer about with that hockey team - who was the individual who thought that trying to maintain an ice rink in southern Florida was a smart move? The Panthers can't win here, and they certainly can't win on the road.

We do have the Miami Heat, though. But Floridians don't brag about them because the team, themselves, brag so much about each other - we're too embarrassed to brag about them as well. So we just let them brag on, and on, and on, without much help from us needed.

So, what's left to brag about other than the weather. If we had a football team, a baseball team and/or a Hockey team we could brag about, we wouldn't have to brag about the weather - now am I right, or am I right!

Happy New Year

2021 Genesis G90

• crkyolfrtcrkyolfrt Member Posts: 2,345

@driver100 said:
    sinkholes? :(

Ever since I read about that guy who got swallowed up and buried alive in his bedroom last year from a sinkhole, I decided this (see below) is a fair bit easier to take the rare times it happens.. just throw another stick on the fire..

This was early morning back in January of 04.

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,316

@nyccarguy. I like that the Tahoe is RWD, but the fuel mileage is pretty bad and it doesn't have a fold flat 3rd row.

2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert

@crkyolfrt said:
    This was early morning back in January of 04.

Now that's cold, -40 is -40 regardless of how you measure it. Did you sing the rodeo song when took that picture?

• cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,505
    edited January 2014

56 below in Edmonton in still air is something I experienced in the early '70s. Up there, at that time, they didn't cancel outdoor youth hockey practice until the temperature was -20 (this was before Canada went metric). It's interesting to compare the economic and other contributions made by people who live in cold climates over the years (or centuries), relative to the warmer areas. Just sayin'.

This sort of thing isn't unprecedented, but today's media seem to think so. I actually enjoy extreme cold weather because it culls out the riff-raff. For most of the year I have live in the Phoenix area, to which they migrate in large numbers. I'm working to remedy this.

I'll take an Edmonton winter over a Phoenix summer any time. Sadly, my job situation dictates otherwise.

'08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester

@crkyolfrt said:
    Ever since I read about that guy who got swallowed up and buried alive in his bedroom last year from a sinkhole, I decided this (see below) is a fair bit easier to take the rare times it happens.. just throw another stick on the fire..

Sink holes occur more often down here because of several issues - the aquifers provide pressure to keep the coral rock "up". When rainfall is below normal, we tend to get more of those darn sink holes because of the lack of pressure from the aquifers. When we get normal or above normal rainfall, we get fewer and fewer sink holes.

There is no question that being swallowed up by the earth is a scary occurrence. Luckily, we don't have too many of those down here in South Florida, but we did have one this past fall when an entire house was swallowed up with the elderly man still inside it. Of course, they never find those people because of the depth of some of these sink holes.

I would imagine avalanches are similar in their affect to sink holes - being buried alive - scary thought.

To avoid sink holes swallowing up larger buildings, they drive pilons deep into the earth after soil borings indicate ground weakness. It seems to help with large dwellings and buildings, but when they build houses, they don't drive those pilons into the soil.

2021 Genesis G90

@abacomike said: We do have the Miami Heat, though.

There we go again, talking about how warm it is!!!

So, what's left to brag about other than the weather. If we had a football team..

Actually I think you've captured the spirit of my "Rant" too.

@imidazol97: ...Actually I think you've captured the spirit of my "Rant" too.

I definitely chuckled when I said Miami Heat and you said "There we go again, talking about how warm it is!!!" That was funny!!!

2021 Genesis G90

Route 84 was the location I was recalling. There signs along it, "Alligator Alley."

I looked it up on Wiki and part of that has been refurbed into I75 and renamed.

edited January 2014

@crkyolfrt said:

Ever since I read about that guy who got swallowed up and buried alive in his bedroom last year from a sinkhole, I decided this (see below) is a fair bit easier to take the rare times it happens

Well, a lot more people die from ice, snow, cold, car accidents caused by ice and snow, fire or carbon monoxide from faulty heaters, than who die from sinkholes. I am not happy that the sikholes started happening after we bought our place a year and a half ago......but, there's always something. If everyone worried about every thing that could get you Columbus wouldn't have discovered America.

@abacomike said:

We do have the Miami Heat, though. But Floridians don't brag about them

Don't forget Tampa Bay Lightening...they are in 2nd place out of 8 teams and have done quite well. Things may be looking up.

I think there are a few great things that I like about Florida. No state income tax, great attractions (Disney World, Ringling, Ford-Edison winter homes, to name a few), the highways are beautiful - smooth no potholes, shiny markers, lines along shoulders, beautiful natural parks, Manatees, Sunshine Bridge-St Petersburg, lots of relatively inexpensive golf courses, great fishing and boating, and more.

• bwiabwia Member Posts: 2,913

Leaving warm Caribbean weather tomorrow for Boston (Brrr!) Been down here for three weeks and its rained everyday but four. Severe flooding and loss of life in the Eastern Caribbean (especially St. Lucia and St. Vincent.) Some blame a new communications satellite in the region for the unusual weather pattern.

@driver110:...If everyone worried about every thing that could get you Columbus wouldn't have discovered America.

Driver, I hate to bust your bubble, but Columbus did not discover America - he discovered some islands in the West Indies. The Vikings came across to Greenland, Newfoundland, and Canadian Maritime Area long before Columbus.

Some even say the Chinese were here on the west coast also long before Columbus. Columbus is acknowledged because he was an explorer in the modern era - but many were here exploring long before him.

2021 Genesis G90

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,662

@abacomike said:
    driver110:...If everyone worried about every thing that could get you Columbus wouldn't have discovered America.

Driver, I hate to bust your bubble, but Columbus did not discover America - he discovered some islands in the West Indies. The Vikings came across to Greenland, Newfoundland, and Canadian Maritime Area long before Columbus.

Some even say the Chinese were here on the west coast also long before Columbus. Columbus is acknowledged because he was an explorer in the modern era - but many were here exploring long before him.

Fame doesn't come from the discovery. It comes when you make it back and tell everybody. Columbus made it back.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,971

Today was humid and rainy in the mid 70's, not complaining as the upper states are having a terrible time right now. But yes, I had to use the a/c as I haven't gotten those things to put into the window tracks to open the windows a bit even during the rain. See the ads in my Motor Trend all the time though. Just have to order them soon.

The Sandman :)B)

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

@oldfarmer50 said:
    Fame doesn't come from the discovery. It comes when you make it back and tell everybody. Columbus made it back.

Good answer. Amerigo Vespucci did really well too....he got his name put on it.

edited January 2014
    @oldfarmer: ...

I can't argue with that logic!

Look how long it's taken for Tesla to be properly acknowledged - not just for his brilliant discovery of alternating current, but also for forcing Thomas Alva Edison to his way of thinking and expanding the use of the electric light and electricity throughout this country. Edison had the fame, Tesla had the knowledge.

JP Morgan was the influence behind it all - and he made Tesla a wealthy man - way beyond his wildest dreams. But Edison was the one who took all the fame.

Nope, can't argue with your logic, oldfarmer!

2021 Genesis G90

@oldfarmer50 said:

So did the Vikings, the difference between them and Columbus was that during Columbus' time the political and economic conditions existed that allowed sending continuing expeditions and planting multiple settlements in the new world.

WHEN LAND IS EXPENSIVE AND LIMITED IN AVAILABILITY!

We have a dealership conglamorate in the western suburbs of Broward County that owns several dealerships within a 2 mile radius - Rick Case Honda, Volkswagen, Hyuandi, Kia, Volvo, and a few others. Since real estate has become so expensive, he has been building his dealerships vertically on lower acreage parcels. His average dealership has 8 floors of new cars - a different model on each floor. He also doubles the new car warranty and provides his customers with discounted gasoline - usually 20 cents per gallon lower than the average for the area.

His approach has been very unique and he and his wife own dealerships throughout the State and in Georgia, as well. His company (Rick Cae) has received a multitude of awards from various associations.

I've visited a few of his dealerships - they are kept impeccably spotless; he won't let a salesman on his floor without first going through 4 weeks of company paid training. After training, they become apprentices and are mentored. People I know have purchased cars from his dealerships and are completely satisfied with the treatment they received and their outstanding service.

It is obvious that his unique approach to selling cars and maintaining a well trained sales force is paying off for him. And the fact that his inventories are housed in 8 story buildings keeps his new cars fresh and out of harms way.

His closest dealership is about 15 miles away so many potential customers would be unable to take advantage of his services like cheap gas. But his location is in Weston and Pembroke Pines - the fastest growing area in Broward County.

Very impressive organization and his modis operendi is extremely effective.

2021 Genesis G90

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,662

"8 floors of new cars"

I assume that means in a parking garage-like structure. Good idea for Florida with the intense sun and potential for flooding. So many cars I see on the Tampa Craigslist have blown clear coat. Might make wandering the lot a bit of a problem though.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

@oldfarmer:....I assume that means in a parking garage-like structure.

That's correct. All his inventory is displayed by model. As an example, at his Honda store, one floor is devoted to Accord sedans and coupes, another floor for Pilots, another floor for Civics, etc. So it actually makes it easier to browse. The vehicles are also arranged by color and body style. All his dealerships are set up that way. You take an elevator to the appropriate floor. Test drives are taken from the garage level floor down the ramps.

It was a nice experience.

2021 Genesis G90

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481

Tesla was a brilliant man, and probably crazy too, but he didn't invent AC current. He figured out how to make it practical. It's the implementation of ideas that gets rewarded I think.

@snakeweasel said:
    So did the Vikings, the difference between them and Columbus was that during Columbus' time the political and economic conditions existed that allowed sending continuing expeditions and planting multiple settlements in the new world.

@abacomike said: The vehicles are also arranged by color and body style. All his dealerships are set up that way.

Sounds a bit "obsessive compulsive", but I guess it sounds like a good idea. I saw a giant dealer like that in Florida City/Homestead last year, on our way to Key West. I thought it was the largest dealership I had ever seen...I believe it was Honda's.

The size of these dealerships has made me think about how selling cars has changed in just a few short years. At one time, not too long ago, a good car salesman could make an extremely large salary. About 25 years ago when I worked for the book publishing company I took the world's greatest salesman around for book signings.....he made a few $100k a year back then selling Chevys. I doubt very many salesmen can do that these days.

@driver100: .....he made a few $100k a year back then selling Chevys. I doubt very many salesmen can do that these days.

It is very, very difficult to make that kind of money in the car business as a salesperson. When I first started selling cars in 2000, I earned $38,000 the first year, $79,000 the second year, and $88,000 the third year - and I was working 6-7 days a week and literally killing myself. Most of my deals were mini-deals ($200-$300 per sale). Of course I made $2000-$3000 on a deal here and there, but those were rare. Bonuses is what made the difference - bonuses for Customer Satisfaction on surveys and $500-$1000 bonuses for selling more than 15-25 cars a month, plus an increase in commission percentages based on total sales for the month.

I know many salesmen in the car business and none of them make anywhere near $100,000 a year. But if you are in management, that's a totally different story. I made more as a sales manager than I ever made as a school principal or private school Headmaster.

2021 Genesis G90

@abacomike said:
    WHEN LAND IS EXPENSIVE AND LIMITED IN AVAILABILITY!

Since real estate has become so expensive, he has been building his dealerships vertically on lower acreage parcels. His average dealership has 8 floors of new cars - a different model on each floor.

Once many decades ago I took my mother to a dealership in the northside of Chicago, it was set up that way. Pretty much everything was inside in a parking garage like structure.

@snakeweasel:....Pretty much everything was inside in a parking garage like structure

I believe that storing new car inventory in protective building structures makes good business sense in cold climates as well as warm climates.

When it snows or there are ice storms, what better way to protect new cars. Additionally, customers can browse inventory even in the worst weather conditions.

In the southern environs, the excessive heat, rain/hail storms, hurricanes with high winds, can cause serious damage to unprotected new cars. Additionally, browsing new car inventories is less restrictive due to highly intense heat.

Yes, it makes good sense to build protective structures for protection against the weather and to make browsing inventory more comfortable.

2021 Genesis G90

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,543

I thought that a lot of dealerships discouraged browsing inventory (as in walking around on the lot). Many of the ones near me have a lot of their stock stashed away in a secure or generally inaccessible area so customers really can't wander around and see what is out there. I think you are supposed to do it online now!

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

@stickguy:
    I thought that a lot of dealerships discouraged browsing inventory (as in walking around on the lot).

I think you misunderstood my comment, stickguy. When inventory is secured in a structure like the one I'm talking about, only salespeople have keys to the elevators and security gates into and out of the building. Thus, customers must be accompanied by an employee to go up the floors in the elevators or drive a vehicle on a demo drive.

2021 Genesis G90

@imidazol97 said:
    >Route 84 was the location I was recalling. There signs along it, "Alligator Alley."
    >
    >I looked it up on Wiki and part of that has been refurbed into I75 and renamed.

That's probably a number of years ago. I-595 runs west from the ocean until it junctions at I-75, which continues west to Naples an Ft. Myers. Rt. 84 runs almost parallel to I-595 (east/west). I-595 is only about 12-14 miles long and ends out west at I-75 and the Sawgrass Expressway (turnpike extension).

Alligator Alley (I-75) is about 85 miles long and runs right through the Everglades.

2021 Genesis G90

• cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,505
    edited January 2014

Is it just me, or why is it necessary for a person who knows exactly what car he wants, including the options or packages, to pay for these palaces that are constructed to push (I was going to say morons, but that's not PC) indecisive people into vehicles?

I'll do my research on the internet and offer a price. If I can go do a facility to take delivery of the vehicle, with the lowest possible overhead, I'm a happy camper.

When I see these gigantic facilities the first question I ask is "who's paying for it?" I'm guessing it's not the dealership or the manufacturer, it's the people who do business there.

I'm happy to let these things exist (as if anyone asked), but what I want is a discount for buying directly from the manufacturer. Yeah, and I'd like to flap my arms and fly to the moon (with acknowledgement to Charles Schultz).

Selling cars is a racket, and I'm looking for the lowest possible overhead. Dealing directly with the people who manufacture them is a start, but I'm not holding my breath.

'08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester

pinhead, you in some ways do have the option to do what you want. No, can't buy direct, but go ahead and find a small local dealer. Or just deal with the internet dept. at the big place. Remember, if they are doing a big volume, they can make the big $ on the "other guy". You would be a mini deal to keep the volume going.

edited January 2014
    MERCEDES OUTSELLS BMW IN THE USA!

It's official - Mercedes Benz sold more vehicles in the United States than BMW making Mercedes Benz the best selling imported luxury automobile manufacturer in the US.

I was reading an article from early last year where the new CEO of Daimler Benz set, as the company's goal, to become the best selling luxury brand in the USA by the end of 2014. Looks like they are a year ahead of achieving that lofty goal.

It's my opinion that they achieved that goal because of brisk sales of the E Class, the C Class and the new CLA Class coupled with record sales of their GLK Class.

So the battle continues - I expect BMW to redouble their efforts to retake the sales leadership this year.

2021 Genesis G90

Mike, don't be so modest.

they met this goal solely due to you buying 1/2 of the cars they imported. I think they owe you a freebie at this point.

@stickguy:...Mike, don't be so modest.

they met this goal solely due to you buying 1/2 of the cars they imported. I think they owe you a freebie at this point.

You're darn right! I'll make the call tomorrow - I think this time I'll ask for an AMG SL63 - just what I deserve - lol

2021 Genesis G90

@cdnpinhead said:
    I'll do my research on the internet and offer a price. If I can go do a facility to take delivery of the vehicle, with the lowest possible overhead, I'm a happy camper.

But, how will you test the cars to see which one you really like driving?

I tried a 528 and didn't like it. The salesmen said I should try a 535 with M Package and it was like a totally different car......it was like a sports sedan.

Then we were going to get a 328 or 335 for my wife. We decided to try the A4 and liked it more. How would we have known that if we didn't try them and get information from the salesman?

Besides, salesmen and car dealerships probably actually make it possible to sell more cars. If you don't have sales people it is hard to sell your product. Although dealerships are an expense, they may actually bring the cost of cars down because of the volumes sold. It would be hard to sell cars on amazon...guess you would have to go to a dealer first to try them out (like the problem Best Buy has...people look at items there then buy them online). I don't think the savings would be significant.

@abacomike said:
    MERCEDES OUTSELLS BMW IN THE USA!

they achieved that goal because of brisk sales of the E Class, the C Class and the new CLA Class

Mostly the CLA, and the E-Class to some degree along with S Class too. Having a low cost 4 door vehicle was the real game changer though. One article said MB almost beat BMW in 2012, except BMW came on with heavy incentives at the end of the year.

I agree with stick though, you pushed them over the top.

One thing I do find that is turning me off of BMW is their pricing. Most of their options are in packages, and you pay extra for everything. It was so nice to order the A4, it came completely equipped. I also find VW and Audi are more like old fashioned dealers, simpler, not as glitzy, more straightforward, not as arrogant.

MB should win again in 2014, until BMW gets a less expensive 4 door to compete with the CLA.
    The 5 Series needs a changeover too, to compete with the E-Class.

Yes indeed, MB had a strong fourth quarter. Here are the sales data for the E-Class and the entire auto industry. http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2011/01/mercedes-benz-e-class-sales-figures.html

Enjoy!

Slow Wi-fi connection at a Caribbean airport; so sorry for the double posting.

This discussion has been closed.