Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Passenger Seat Vibration 2009 Nissan Maxima

sbahreinisbahreini Member Posts: 1
edited April 2011 in Nissan
I am currently involved in a lawsuit with Nissan North America. The passenger seat in my 2009 Nissan Maxima vibrates at high speeds. I am deep into the lawsuit and the Nissan "Expert Witness" today stated that all 2009 Nissan Maxima passenger seats vibrate. My expert witness believes that this poses a risk and danger to anyone riding in the passenger seat of the vehicle.

Contact me if you have a 2009 or any other year Nissan Maxima with similar issues.

Comments

• smarty666smarty666 Member Posts: 1,503
    Mine does to and its a 2010. The 2009-2011 all have shaking front passenger seats. I can't for the life of me believe you would waste your time suing over a shaking seat. While its a poor representation on Nissan's part, its definitely something that does not affect the drivability or safety of the car. The airbags and seat belts still work for God sake. You would have thought that a car as expensive and Premium as the Maxima would have had this issue solved after 3 model years already. Just goes to show Nissan does not care about customer service and technical quality.

Now, that your involved with the lawsuit, I would love to know the outcome when it gets finished!
  • a2thepowerofja2thepowerofj Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2011
    I have a 2006 infinti g35 and my passenger seat vibrates like crazy!! Can I get in? Nissan / infiniti is the same thing!
  • diana34diana34 Member Posts: 2
    I to have the same prob a 40,000$ car and have extreme shaking im so angry w my dealership they dont have a clue of what there doing i read it may be the tires that i have had many issues with as well its a nice looking car but i hate driving it I
    . Please let me know how it turns out for u
  • wreckingcrew03wreckingcrew03 Member Posts: 1
    I have a vibration problem with my 2009 Maxima too. The seat shakes, but it is the vibration in the steering wheel that drives me crazy. I've had the tires rotated, balanced, and aligned. I also had them check my rims to make sure they weren't bent. Nothing has fixed the problem. I've seen another discussion board where people have had the same problem.

http://forums.maxima.org/7th-generation-maxima-2009/591997-finally-my-maxima-vib- ration-problem-gone-print.html

Please post an update on the lawsuit if you have resolved it.

Thanks,
    TW
  • craigtv16craigtv16 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2010 Maxima and what I've come to realize is that the car is very sensitive to "tire balance." I know everyone has gone and have them balance as I did and dealt with this for months because I would leave Discount Tires thinking this is it all set, then once I hit the highway at about 70 and Bam! there it was again. Finally Alex at Discount said lets do a Road Force Balance and that will tell us what each tire is doing and it's condition....this is a MUST!!! It will identify each individual tire, like givng it an identity. It's basically a rating from 0 - 25 or higher. Lower is perfect, you have the ideal manufactured tire. between 7 - 15 is average but it's not a perfect tire and needs to be balanced on the Road Force balancer to be accurate. Around 17 and up the tire is considered a defect and a manufacture will take it back.
    When I went and had this done my tires were 4, 6 , 15 and 23. So the tech came out and showed me the numbers and pointed to what was what. He put the best on the front and worst on the rear. Let me tell you...I HAD A NEW CAR!! It was like a ton of bricks lifted off my chest. They ordered me a new tire at no cost...sweet! Well the reason I believe and love Road Force Balance so much when the new tire came in I had them RFB that tire and it came back at 26....Damn! But they ordered me another new tire. When that one came in it was at 11 and they put it on and no more vibration!!! I dealt with this for months and I was so defeated having such a great car and being embarrassed driving on the highway with people in my car knowing it has tis shake going on. I hope this helps most people and I know it not a fix all but it's was a huge help for me. Good luck. ;)
  • sofedupsofedup Member Posts: 2
    I have more than my share of problems with my 2009 Maxima. Air out 9 months. Battery issues on 3rd battery for a 2 year old car, something is wrong??? Vibration issues says it was the Rotors, I was like really after 1 year rotors. Then I have been have knocking vibration issues, and today I was told my struts were leaking and need to be replaced, and warranty just ended and not going to replace. I am going to fight again all the way. This is horrible. This is also my 3rd Nissan and probably my last because this Maxima has given me the straight blues and they will not accept that the 2009 models were lemons that have soured and continue to sour.
  • wayne2605wayne2605 Member Posts: 1
    I have had the same issue with my 2009 maxima that everyone is complaining about. Since I bought my car in 2012, I noticed this problem right away and I brought it up with the Nissan Dealer, but they just dismissed the issue. I would be very interested to find out how your case is going. You can reach me on my e-mail at rawle2006@yahoo.com.
  • smarty666smarty666 Member Posts: 1,503
    Never had a real resolution to the issue and its sad to see that Nissan has done nothing over the course of 4 years to fix it, even with the 2012s. I was told that they all do that and I would have to live with it.

Suffice it to say, my lease is done next month and I'm glad to not have bought the car. Too many quality issues with a $41k automobile. For that price, I'll be back in an Audi, BMW, Acura, or Lexus where the quality is much better.
  • jfcmjfcm Member Posts: 1
    just wondering if anyone thinks the seats are as uncomfortable as I think they are... I do alot of in traffic driving, the seat doesn't raise/lower as my old Mazda, or any other car, and I am finding myself now dealing with a bad sciatic nerve problem... anyone else?
  • leaniel3209leaniel3209 Member Posts: 2

hi I also have a Nissan maxima 2009 and my seat vibrate at speed of 60 mph ,I would like to know how is it going with the lawsuit plus is a disgrace to the Nissan ,my car also shimys and I don't everything to it

• nissan_tech1nissan_tech1 Member Posts: 16

@sbahreini said:
    I am currently involved in a lawsuit with Nissan North America. The passenger seat in my 2009 Nissan Maxima vibrates at high speeds. I am deep into the lawsuit and the Nissan "Expert Witness" today stated that all 2009 Nissan Maxima passenger seats vibrate. My expert witness believes that this poses a risk and danger to anyone riding in the passenger seat of the vehicle.

Contact me if you have a 2009 or any other year Nissan Maxima with similar issues.

a vibration from a seat will cause no risk or danger, it is probably something in the lower frame assembly. replace it and noise gone.

• leaniel3209leaniel3209 Member Posts: 2

where would I contact you? I have the same issues as

well

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481

The original post is almost 2 years old, so you might not get a response. HOST

@leaniel3209 said:
    where would I contact you?