Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Accord Bluetooth

13»

Comments

• suki5suki5 Member Posts: 3
    what is the make and model of your phone? And does it only happen when you are making a call or even when you are audio streaming

Suki
  • jbarbacjbarbac Member Posts: 3
    The cellphone I am using with the 2012 Accord EX bluetooth is a Samsung Charge.
    The voice recognition is horrible when trying to use voice dialing.
  • suki5suki5 Member Posts: 3
    which phone had you paired with? was it iPhone?
  • jbarbacjbarbac Member Posts: 3
    I am using a Samsung Charge (Droid phone).
  • joey5picksjoey5picks Member Posts: 4
    Just bought a 2013 EX-L and have phone set up (dealer even walked us through setting up bluetooth and importing phonebooks), have Pandora working, but can't get the text/email feature set up. Have a Motorola Triumph (no, it's not on the list of phones that work, but only 3 from Virgin Mobile are. Can't be true because the Triumph IS working with the Bluetooth) with Virgin Mobile. I looked up its specs and it does have MAP. The menu option for "select account" is blue and when I hit OK to select it, it beeps, but no new menu options appear. What's causing this? How do I fix it?

Thanks.
  • thomasr1950thomasr1950 Member Posts: 76
    On my 13 Accord EXL w/navi my phone is paired but it's not importing my contacts. When i first got the car everything set up no issues. Now it's not only lost my contacts but won't import them. Like i say my phone & bluetooth in the car are paired. Any settings i may have missed?
  • bluesocksbluesocks Member Posts: 3
    So when I bought my 2013 Honda Accord V6, the dealership went through syncing up my iphone and it worked great. Well, my iphone has to be changed and I have all the original settings on my new phone. However, now bluetooth is not picking it up and won't connect. I also can't delete my original sync to restart. I feel stuck! Any ideas?
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    If this forum doesn't pick up (I have no clue how to help or I would), call your dealer, or just "stop by." A salesman or service tech should be able to troubleshoot that in minutes without an appointment.
  • car116car116 Member Posts: 1
    Did you ever get an answer that worked? I'm having the same problem.
  • buckeye61buckeye61 Member Posts: 1
    I have no problem connecting to the car blue tooth from two different phones, The problem is that quality of the person in the car is terrible- both phones. The voice is clipped while the voice of the person not in the car is perfect. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  • pneumotaxicpneumotaxic Member Posts: 2
    Seems like there is no phone that is compatible for the text/email feature. Have you got any luck? I recently got Accord 2013 EX-L and having same issue as you.

Thanks.
    I just got a Samsung Galaxy SIII and according to the Honda site it's not compatable with the text/email feature. However, it has connected and I saw my texts on the upper screen. I think I still have to adjust a setting so it notifies me when a text comes in, but it is connected. Originally the "text/email" option was grayed out, so I couldn't even select it. This all happened after I paired the bluetooth with the car.
  • pneumotaxicpneumotaxic Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2013
    Thank for the info.
    Is it all working well?
    Most of the time. occasionally the email/text option is grayed out even when connected by Bluetooth.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454

A reporter would like to speak to a new car buyer under 40 years old who purchased their car because of the connectivity features. Did you buy a Ford because of Sync and MyFordTouch, a Chrysler because of UConnect, a Honda because of HondaLink, etc.? If so, and you'd like to share your story, please send your daytime contact info to pr@edmunds.com no later than 3 p.m. PT/6 p.m. ET on Monday, 1/7/14.

• kevinmaikevinmai Member Posts: 1
    Great post. Thank you, it's very interesting. I wish you all the best.