Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Subaru Forester Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
edited January 2014 in Subaru
Welcome to Edmunds discussion dedicated to 2014 Subaru Forester purchase experiences. If you have recently purchased a 2014 Forester, please share your experience here. If you have leasing questions, please visit 2014 Subaru Forester Lease Questions discussion.

You can also research local dealer inventory and get pricing, reviews, features, and specifications on our 2014 Subaru Forester page.

To see all forums discussions about the [insert make/model], including earlier model years, please visit our list of Subaru Forester discussions.

Navigation tips: To see the most recent information and activity, make sure to visit the latest post, which may be a few pages ahead. Click the pages numbers just below to go to a new page in the discussion -- or search the entire discussion by clicking the magnifying glass icon and entering keywords.

We also invite you to share your purchase experience on Edmunds Facebook page, Share Your Story.

Comments

• dasanii19dasanii19 Member Posts: 28
    edited November 2013
    Hello everybody! Ok, here is what im being offered!

2014 Subaru Forester

-2.5i Automatic w/All weather package (custom ordered with personal options)

Dealer invoice: $25,932 MSRP: 27,960

I am being offered this Forester for $26,200 out the door, this includes all fees and taxes! Tax in my state is 7.62%. The price of this Forester without tax is $24,345 OTD (tax is $1855). So im $3615 below MSRP and $1587 below invoice (before taxes) (doc fees/dealer fees are included in these numbers)

Can someone please chime in? Do you think I can I dig deeper? Or am I getting a smoking deal? I'm just curious what kind of deal ive been offered.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,780
    Looks like an excellent deal, to me, dasanii! If this is the car you want, better pull the trigger now so you can start the painful wait. :P

I think they typically say 6-8 weeks, but it can often be sooner than that. I ordered my 2010 Forester and had it in just over two weeks. It really depends on whether there is a car that matches the factory options you want (such as color, trim, AWP, CVT) in or near port at the time of your order that has not already been allocated to a dealer. Most accessories are port installed while some are even dealer-installed.
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
    Hi guys. Hoping to get some opinions on the deal that has been presented by my Subaru dealer.

Description 2014 Forester 2.5i Premium

(All-Weather Package)

-Dealer Invoice $26,055
    -MSRP $28,149

Port-Installed Accessories
    (FYM) (KGB| QGJ| PGE| MGA) POPULAR PACKAGE #2
    (QGT) FOG LAMP KIT - GREY INTERIOR
    (RGA) REMOTE ENGINE STARTER KIT
    (DGA) SPEAKER KIT
    (JGA) FRONT SIDE SILL PLATE

The Price "offered" to me: $24,768 with all fees included except tax. With tax (7.62%) the price is $26655 (Out the door).

How am I looking hear?
  • newforesternewforester Member Posts: 1
    That is an excellent Deal. I just bough a '14 Forester Premium last night (no all-weather package on mine though), and I was $28K out the door, but I did buy the 100K mile bumper to bumper warranty. After an exhausting search here in Utah, all 2.5i Premium All-Weather cars that we saw were about $28-29K out the door (including tax). Like the previous poster advised, I would pull the trigger on this deal now.
  • adam_westadam_west Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2013
    MD/DC/VA area
    2014 Subaru Forester 2.0XT Premium
    Popular Package #1
    All Weather Mats

MSRP: $29,459 (inc dest)
    Invoice: $27,469 (inc dest)
    Negotiated EPrice - $26,585 (includes $825 dest)
    Seems like a fair deal, is it?

OTD (6% tax, tags, MD doc fee): $28678.6
    edited November 2013
    I changed my mind on the car and upgraded to a 2.5i with NAV, Here is the deal I got .

MSRP: $29,393
    INVOICE: $27,123
    Your Sale Price: $25,423
    DOC: $345
    DMV $28.25
    TAX 7.725% : $1,992.76
    = 27,789.01
    - SOA $500

OUT THE DOOR PRICE: ............27,289.01..............

These are the options on the forester:
    -All weather/navigation
    -Option package #2
    -Port-Installed Accessories
    (FYM) (KGB| QGJ| PGE| MGA) POPULAR PACKAGE #2
    (DCF) UPGRADED TWEETERS
    (DGA) SPEAKER KIT
    (JGA) FRONT SIDE SILL PLATE
    (QGT) FOG LAMP KIT - GREY INTERIOR
    (RGA) REMOTE ENGINE STARTER KIT
  • frugaldadfrugaldad Member Posts: 1
    Hi dasanii19,
    Those prices you listed are great prices. I've been using the car price search engines for 2.5i Touring deals near me north of NYC and I haven't any dealer coming close to your numbers. Just curious, which part of the country are you in? Thanks.
    I'm in reno nv
  • anhvu324anhvu324 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Adam. what dealer gave you that offer for the subaru forester ?
  • adam_westadam_west Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2013
    Wes Greenway's Waldorf Subaru - Wardolf, MD

Pulled the trigger earlier today - couldn't be happier with the XT. Got their only XT on the lot in the color that we wanted.
  • thriller2thriller2 Member Posts: 7
    I test drove Forester & crosstrek couple of times . I liked forester but Subaru dealers in Socal won't go down in price.
    I was looking for around $1000 below invoice but none of them were ready to do that. So I ended up with RAV4 XLE . I am glad went with RAV4 as the ride so smooth and awesome.

Past Monday I bought new 2013 RAV4 XLE FWD $22,000 + Tax Tag & title in Socal ( Greater LA area ). I think I got awesome deal. This was less than TrueCar price and almost $2k below factory invoice price. This included $500 Toyota discount as I went with my credit union for financing.
  • rbgv57rbgv57 Member Posts: 2
    I am in Sacramento area, do you mind sharing what dealer in reno you worked with, sounds like a great deal, thanks
    Yes, I just called to ask him if it was alright for me to send you his way. The sales guy is named Paul Bushnell and is at Lithia Reno Subaru. The deal I got was $1,700 off invoice of which no other dealer would touch including dealers in sac and carson city!! My name is Zac, he will definitely know who I am. Tell him your out of state and would come down if he will work you the same deal!!! :) He said I would get a $100 kick back if you tell him I referred you or anyone for that matter , which would be pretty cool. I appreciate it and Good luck!
  • rbgv57rbgv57 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks,

I will get in touch with him and mention your referral, thanks Zach
    No problem, Good luck !
  • imaginaryimaginary Member Posts: 62
    I'm looking at a 2014 Subaru Forester XT with EyeSight (this includes the pre-ordered accessories like auto-dim mirrors, etc.). The dealerships in Colorado are quoting me for $32,771 to $32,955. In total, five dealerships are giving me these prices.

Edmunds says this is a good price but I'm not quite sure at the moment. Any opinions? If anything I can always wait until the end of the year "sale" that goes on when the 2015's start arriving and the dealers need to get the 2014 off the lots. But I do want an XT with EyeSight so if I do wait there could be none left at the same time. It's kind of a balancing act.

I'm not really interested in putting $1,000 down just to order mine and then wait 3-5 months for it to arrive.
  • john702john702 Member Posts: 1
    Hello all,

I have seen many got pretty good OTD price for 2014 forester 2.5i premium.

The trim I'm looking for is

2.5i premium Automatic w/All weather package + popular pkg 1 + all weather matt

I have called more than 5 dealers. The best offer I can get is $25,700 before tax + ttl. Others are all above $26,000 and pretty firm about the price. I have seen many got sales prices below $25,000 or even around $24,000. Is it because I'm in MN and forester is too popular here?

Can someone who live a place with a long winter chime in? I'm just curious how much what kind of deal you've been offered?
  • Vincent_HVincent_H Member Posts: 8

How is the deal below? So-Cal.

2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited.option1, $OTD28380.

KGB (KGB) AUTO-DIM MIRROR W/COMPASS AND HOMELINK
    MGA (MGA) CARGO NET SEAT BACK
    OGB (OGB) LUGGAGE COMPARTMENT COVER (POWER REAR GATE)
    PGE (PGE) REAR BUMPER COVER
    QGJ (QGJ) EXTERIOR AUTO DIMMING MIRROW W/APPROACH LIGHTING AUTO-DIM MIRROR W/COMPASS

• fred25fred25 Member Posts: 92

what is this this option Eyesight

• subshoppersubshopper Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2013

Vincent_H OTD price is useless because everyone pays different taxes so to compare needs to be everything minus tax but looks pretty good assuming 8% of that is tax - what dealer?

• geoff112233geoff112233 Member Posts: 2

hey, does anyone have any good buying experience in the NYC area? I'm looking to buy a 2014 Forester limited. I test drove the forester at bay ridge subaru two days ago and i loved the feel of the car (too bad foresters don't have sport mode).

• Vincent_HVincent_H Member Posts: 8

subshopper, are you in Socal? how about group deal?
    fred25, what is the meaning of eyesight?

• imaginaryimaginary Member Posts: 62

@fred25 said:
    what is this this option Eyesight

http://www.subaru.com/engineering/eyesight.html

Adaptive cruise control and even more. The best kind, of course, as far as safety compared to all the other systems out there on the market (including the ones on luxury brand vehicles).

It's also why the Forester, Outback, and Legacy get the highest rating of TSP+ from the IIHS.

• misprofmisprof Member Posts: 1

I bought a 2.5i Touring on Dec 23. The only options were the auto dimming mirrors, rear bumper protector, Aero cross bars, and splash guards. The MSRP was $31,656, Invoice $29,405, and I paid $28,990 before taxes and tags. Seemed like a good price to me, but I given how easily the dealer came to that price I think there was still room to negotiate.

Geoff 112233
    A friend of mine had an excellent buying experience at Star Subaru, in Bayside, NY. they are right on Northern Blvd off the Clearview Expressway.

Imaginary
    Thank you for the link on the eyesight option

Vincent_H
    It would be very helpful if you look at the way other people compile itemized lists of their pricing. This would help other people on this forum.

• geoff112233geoff112233 Member Posts: 2

@fred25 said:
    Geoff 112233
    A friend of mine had an excellent buying experience at Star Subaru, in Bayside, NY. they are right on Northern Blvd off the Clearview Expressway.

Hey fred25, how recent was your friend's purchase? And do you happen to have any details of the purchase, as in, how much he/she paid OTD? I'm trying to see if it's possible to get a limited forester for under 30k.

• vivekian2vivekian2 Member Posts: 2

Hi,

I am looking to buy a Subaru Forester 2014 Limited (w/o navigation). Here is the quote:

$26,407 + $2587 (taxes) = $28994

Does this sound like a good deal? Do I have room for more negotiation?

Thanks.

@viv

It is always extremely helpful to provide the MSRP of the vehicle in question.

2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250

Geoff1
    My friend purchased his 2.5i premium auto three weeks ago. This did not include the all weather package. The OTD price was $27,500. For New York City this was a very good price.

Please keep in mind the the 2014 Forester is a very high demand vehicle.
    In addition since Subaru does not manufacture the number of vehicles as the other manufactures, the Dealers are limited as to what vehicles they receive. Therefore, if you do not purchase the vehicle, someone else will.

I strongly suggest that you do your research and then pay the dealer I mentioned a visit if it is not too far for you. Good luck and I hope this helps you.

Fred

• vivekian2vivekian2 Member Posts: 2

@xwesx MSRP $28,820

• subshoppersubshopper Member Posts: 2

vivekian2 that is a great deal not much more room to negotiate in my opinion - please share where you are getting this deal

@subshopper said:
    vivekian2 that is a great deal not much more room to negotiate in my opinion - please share where you are getting this deal

Have to agree. That's solidly under invoice, so you're definitely in "great deal" territory. :)

• bb126bb126 Member Posts: 1

I'm in Atlanta, and have been offered this from a nearby dealer (I'm in Atlanta):

2014 Forester Limited with about 6k miles - dealer loaner with Certified-Pre-Owned Powertrain warranty

• All weather mats/splash/guards/side molding/rear bumper cover/side cargo nets
      Asking price $25,250. OTD $27,538.75.

That's not too far above quotes (on TrueCar) for new Premiums (around $25k). New Limiteds are more like $27,800 before fees/taxes. This is all before any negotiating.

Is this deal worth considering? If so, what might be a reasonable negotiating target?

• diongyfuzzdiongyfuzz Member Posts: 1

I'd take that deal in a second over the deal that I was offered today, which was 27,571 for new 2014 Premium w/AWP (all tax/fees, inspection, etc. included).

@bb126 said:
    I'm in Atlanta, and have been offered this from a nearby dealer (I'm in Atlanta):

2014 Forester Limited with about 6k miles - dealer loaner with Certified-Pre-Owned Powertrain warranty

• All weather mats/splash/guards/side molding/rear bumper cover/side cargo nets
      Asking price $25,250. OTD $27,538.75.

That's not too far above quotes (on TrueCar) for new Premiums (around $25k). New Limiteds are more like $27,800 before fees/taxes. This is all before any negotiating.

Is this deal worth considering? If so, what might be a reasonable negotiating target?

• cowxl4cowxl4 Member Posts: 12

Got a quote for 2014 2.5i Limited for $27.9 K OTD. Is this a good one? thanks!

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,896

@cowxl4 said:
    Got a quote for 2014 2.5i Limited for $27.9 K OTD. Is this a good one? thanks!

Can you break down the selling price, fees and taxes? That will help us with our evaluation.

Thanks!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Frugaldad,

You indicated that you are looking for a 2.5i touring and have been looking north of NYC. What pricing have you been getting for the touring up north?

• laney4laney4 Member Posts: 2

I would like to buy a 2014 Forrester 2.5i Touring SUV. If you have one with the Nav are you happy with it?

• kmart00kmart00 Member Posts: 28

Hi all!
    Anyone recommend a dealership in NJ to work with?

Just moved to Union county and looking to get a Forester this summer

Kmart00
    I suggest you look at Liberty Subaru, 55 Kinderkamack Rd, Emerson, NJ,
    telephone 1-201-261-9000. They are one of the largest Subaru Dealerships in NJ. In addition they have one of the largest inventory of subaru's. It will be worth the trip. If you do go, let me know how you made out

Fred

• kmart00kmart00 Member Posts: 28

thanks, Fred!

• brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    edited May 2014

kmart00

Dealers to get pricing in NJ.

Avoid.... Brad Benson if your not a good negotiator.. They will lie, and pull the wool over your eyes... They got game over there. Try below dealers along with your other targeted dealerships. Timing is everything...... buying at the end of the month will help you make the best possible deal. End of june ends the 2nd quarter for all car companies. Great deals can be had if you wait til the last days in June.

Liberty, Lester Glen

Liberty honda may give you a better price due to there high volume store. Excellent dealership.

Lester glen will sell about 300 to 500 below dealers invoice price if you know how to negotiate. But they have a 300 dollar doc fee charge. That knocks your below invoice price down. Glen will also give you a lifetime oil change plan if you buy the vehicle with them.

I plan on buying my cousin a 2014 Forester next month. if you dont care what dealership you buy from i will suggest you email and call as many dealerships your willing to travel to.... Letting each dealerships internet sales manager know you will buy that day if your price is meet. Holding sale with a credit card deposit.

A good target price for NY/NJ is between 500 and 1000 below invoice price excluding any incentives and taxes etc. I will also suggest printing a true car price check from area dealerships to see pricing in and around N.J. / NY area.

If you purchase in NY............. all dealer doc fee's are capped at 75 dollars.

NJ doc's = 299 to 499

Liberty doc fee's are................ $295

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE