Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lincoln Town Car Electrical Problems

14567810»

Comments

• That is out as an option. currently have 80K+
  • dc4bamadc4bama Posts: 4

I have a 2001 Town Car and my speedometer stopped working. Tachometer not working either. Anyone know how to remove and replace speedometer cluster.... Any help would be appreciated....

• tinman67tinman67 Posts: 2

I recently bought a 2006 Town Car Signature that drives like a dream. The problem is, I think maybe the driver's door module is bad. When I first got the car, the courtesy lights would come on, but only when the driver's door was open. If you opened any of the other 3, they would not come on. Now whenever I start the car, it tells me the door is ajar. I can slam the door a few times and get it to clear, but the door locks don't work anymore. It doesn't matter if you use the remote or push the button on the door. The button on the door that releases the trunk doesn't work anymore, either. I've checked the fuses that run the module and they are fine. The door module is about all I have left to blame it on. Anybody else with the same issues?

• tinman67tinman67 Posts: 2

Nevermind, I solved it. I took the door panel off of the driver's side and one of the plugs going to the door module wasn't plugged in all the way. Everything works great now. :-)

• klehockyklehocky Posts: 5
    I just traded in my 2004 Town car due to a myriad of electrical problems. The strangest was that sometimes after putting the key in the ignition the drivers seat would move all the back and fully recline.
14567810»