Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford F-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

15678911»

Comments

• just_focusjust_focus Member Posts: 53
    Just bought a brand new 2013 F150 supercab 5.0 3.55 2 wheel drive last night Sticker was 38590.00 which had a package discount of 1750.00 and then 7250.00 rebates and 2447.00 Xplan discount. Bottom line was 27142.00 plus tax and title. Got about $11500.00 off sticker.
  • noreasternoreaster Member Posts: 2
    Wow, 11-13K below sticker? In NH we see 6-8K below sticker but that is all through email and over the phone. I'm very close to buying a new F150 and see that the inventory in our area is high. Most dealers are not even listing 2014 models yet. I would like to see 10K or greater below sticker mr sales man. I think I will go in on the last day of the month / quarter and wear my poker face.
  • ohenryxohenryx Member Posts: 285
    The information that you provided is somewhat misleading. If you look carefully at your window sticker, there is a line that says "TOTAL BEFORE DISCOUNTS". That would be the line that stated $38,590. Then, down towards the bottom of the window sticker, there is another line, in a larger font, which says "TOTAL MSRP". That would have read $36,840 (reflecting the $1,750 package discount), and that number was your MSRP.

If you bought the truck at $27,142, then your price was $9,698 off of MSRP. Which is still a very good deal, congratulations on that. The incentives are really high right now. I'm looking at an F150 XLT, Crew Cab, Total MSRP is $38,645, the dealer has it at $26,024 internet sales price. That is $12,621 off of actual MSRP.

This deal does require that you have a trade in ($1,500 trade allowance), and you do have to finance with Ford Credit (which is going to stick you for about 4.9% interest, when my credit union is financing at 1.99%). Still and all, a hell of a deal.
  • noreasternoreaster Member Posts: 2
    Starting to see closer to that (about 10K off) now that I am researching current prices. Also noticing that some dealers with identical trucks and packages listing different MSRP on the sticker. Kind of wonder if those are edited before the dealer puts them in the window?

Well, this might be the weekend I buy something. Also, seeing NE Ford dealer ads for zero percent for 60 plus 1500 off. Have yet to confirm with a dealer though.
    "The information that you provided is somewhat misleading"

I believe I said it had a package discount of $1750.00? Not all F150s have the $1750.00 discount so I counted it as a discount. I was not trying to miss lead anyone. Package discount or rebate who cares? The original price before discounts is the original retail price.
  • ri_galri_gal Member Posts: 2
    Hi - also in New England - where have you been having luck?

I am looking for the following and reaching out as far as Maryland and Texas....

4X4 Super crew
    V8 5.0 with 3.73 (Only) or
    V8 6.2 with 3.55 or 3.73 (need towing capacity over 9000) - not interested in Ecoboost
    Ruby Red preferred w/ Black Interior leather (but open)
    Equipment Group 700A
    Drop In Bedliner
    Tailgate step would be nice :)

Dont care about moonroof or skid plates

Might entertain financing if it makes it cheaper.
    9000 lbs? With a half-ton truck?

I wouldn't do that, personally. Yes, I know, you can get a F150 rated to tow that much, but I would feel much more confident, much safer, using an F250 or F350. I'll go further and say I wouldn't try this without getting the diesel engine. Really, really big difference.

What are you going to be pulling, a 5th wheel travel trailer or ?? I would recommend that you get on one or more of the many RV sites out there, ask around, get some advice from people who are actually doing what you are thinking of doing.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    A reporter is looking to talk with a Texas resident who's in the market for a new pickup truck. If you're able to help, please contact pr@edmunds.com with your preferred contact info by Thursday, September 26, 2013.
  • megamolemegamole Member Posts: 22
    Wow, I can't believe you are all seeing that much cash off. I am in northern Jersey and Dealers are basically giving the invoice price (internet price) and then giving any incentives Ford has on top that's all. I am shopping for a 2013 Screw XLT Eco 6.5' with 302A package and a few little add ons. M.S.R.P $44,550 invoice $40,800 then incentives is about $3,750 and if I trade in an extra $1,500. Which would be $9,250 off msrp. How are some dealers doing 12g off? Now I didn't do any pushing with the dealer just told them what I wanted and let them tell me what they wanted to give, but they said they needed to sell by the end of the month, so I may call up and give a push to see where they can go.
  • rickstuntebeckrickstuntebeck Member Posts: 2
    Just wondering what your max towing capacity is?

We just bought a 32 foot RV Travel Trailer and looking for info about which truck we need
    to pull that. It weighs about 5500 dry weight. I think we need about 6000 lbs tow capacity plus
    add 1000 lbs for safety cushion.

I tested the 2011 Ford F150 with the Eco-boost and it was nice, drives sweet but did not tow anything. I am wondering if it would be better to go with a little older 2009-2010 F150 with the 5.0L V-8 instead?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Rick S.
    Mpls, MN.
    Rick:
    You can look at this forum and form your own opinion on the ecoboost. As far as used I just bought a new XLT 5.0 and got over $11,000.00 off sticker. I believe since this is the last year for this model you will be hard pressed to find a better deal on a used F150 with low miles. I am getting 19mpg with mixed driving with my truck (1600 mi)
    Your first problem is that you're looking at the Eco. The Eco costs $1,095 more than the 5.0, and right now there are more incentives available on the 5.0. I found the difference to be about $2,700. Which made me choose the 5.0.
  • rickstuntebeckrickstuntebeck Member Posts: 2
    Hey thanks for the posting. I was excited about the 3.5L Eco-boost for towing my new 32 foot RV travel trailer but now rethinking that with the 5.0L v-8.

Does anyone know what engine can tow 6,500 lbs and get the best fuel economy and the most power for the buck / price?

What engine and gear ratio do you think I should get?

What year Ford F150 truck would work best?
    I used to pull a 9,000 pound fifth wheel travel trailer. I used a Ford F250 with a diesel engine. While it is possible to pull a 6,500 pound travel trailer with a half ton pickup, I would not do that.

But you're probably going to do it anyway, so ....

If you get the 5.0 V8, then you want as much gearing as you can get. Which would be the 3.73 gears. If you spend the +/- $2,700 additional for the eco-boost, then that becomes much less important. (The turbo charged engine has much more torque at lower RPM, making steep gears unnecessary.)

Check out this web page:

http://www.ford.com/resources/ford/general/pdf/towingguides/13flrv&tt_f150.pdf
  • davidd314davidd314 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I am looking to buy my first truck and I'd like it to be a basic, low-end, slightly used F150. I would like to get a decent idea of what prices I should negotiate for if buying from a dealer.

Basically I'd like the bare minimum of a F150 with a bit of warranty remaining. Other than that, I am just looking to spend as little as possible since I have only very basic needs in a truck or (or vehicle to begin with).

Thanks,

David
  • joefar75joefar75 Member Posts: 46
    $11k off list?!?!?! That's great. Which model? and where?
  • hikerbiker1hikerbiker1 Member Posts: 2
    First, thanks to all who participate on these forums. What a huge help you have been to me when I look to buy a vehicle. The tip on internet auction has saved my family hours of aggravation and $1000s off price of Honda and Mazda cars, and the eco boost F150 discussion moved me to the more reliable and cheaper 5 L V8.

Anyway, sales price for new 2013 F150s in our Saturday paper are in the $11k under MSRP range. Rural upstate Elmira NY; Simmons Rockwell "with Ford credit and trade assist" has a list that fills 1/2 the page with supercabs and crewcabs. 3 examples: crewcab XLT 4x4 MSRP $41, 885, asking $30, 999, Lariat Crew Eco MSRP $56, 425, asking $43, 999, supercab 4x4 MSRP $39, 300 asking $26, 999.

List seems too long to be a scam I think, but have never dealt with this dealership. Planning to run an auction for
    2013 crew cab in January. If history is a guide, should get another $1k off the advertised prices.
  • hikerbiker1hikerbiker1 Member Posts: 2
    MSRP for the Lariat is $55, 325... my fat fingers...
  • xyg4xyg4 Member Posts: 1

Are the discounts listed before tax, tag and title?

• dealskillerdealskiller Member Posts: 6

Just got a supercrew xlt with convenience package for 27500 OTD, MSRP 37300, roughly 10k off. No trade in rebate.

• hackattack5hackattack5 Member Posts: 315

I am a little confused on Edmunds true cost to own. I think the system is flawed. Take my new f150 that Edmunds says is going to depreciate $19,909 in 5 years. It also says that total cost to own will be $53,547 to own for 5 years. Then I look up a 2008 f150 (5 years old) plug in my model 75,000 miles and Edmunds says its worth $12,954. well my math says that a truck that I paid $27,000 (big rebates) really cost me $14,046 in depreciation in 5 years. That is almost a $6000.00 difference. I think the true cost to own should have a spot to enter for rebates.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527

True cost to own includes finance charges, insurance, maintenance, repairs.. etc, etc, etc... not just depreciation.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

I understand that but is the $19,909 that Edmunds predicts my 2013 F150 will depreciate in 5 years starting with the sticker price if the truck? In my case $38,000 if it is then it is a flawed system because Ford and Chevy give $10,000 rebates where Toyota only gives $2000 rebates so of course the Toyota will when on depreciation. In real life I only paid $27,000 for my $38,000 truck so if it depreciates $19,909 like Edmunds says that means in 5 years my truck is worth $7000.00? I don't think so brother. The Edmunds way is depreciating money that I never spent in the first place. I just think to get the true depreciation you should subtract rebates from the price or have a place where the researcher can plug in a real price paid. That would get the true cost of ownership.

• saratogastevesaratogasteve Member Posts: 186

I've been mulling over my choices for a new full size pick up. I currently own a 2004 F150. The Chevy/GMC trucks caught my attention initially, but they'd had so many recalls they don't even bother to advertise them of late and the incentives just aren't there. Then I focused on the Ram trucks for their gas milege with the V6 model getting 25 mpg. Then I open the paper the other day and see a local Ford dealer offering a new 2013 Super Crew 4x2 XLT at $16,000 off MSRP. This was a price leader (one only) and I'm not even sure if I qualify for the long list of incentives - but it showed me Ford has fallen behind or just built too much inventory to still have 2013 models sitting on their lots. If I purchased a new 2013 F150 at $16,000 below MSRP, I'd be paying less than what I paid 10 years ago for a similarly equipt truck. I'm thinking the lower mpg is no big deal if I'm saving several thousand dollars.