Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• jjm14jjm14 Posts: 6

Question - many on here have said "$X" under invoice is the holy grail/sweet spot in terms of attractive pricing.

Does this include invoice base+destination or just invoice base: i.e. 2014 Accord LX auto

Base $20,829 Destination 790 Total base $21,619

Should the starting point be the $20,829 or $21,619 (inclusive of destination)?

Thanks!

• brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,818

when you negotiate a price always include the dest/ charge with your offer .. this will create less price confusion between you and dealerships.

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• nanunemnanunem Posts: 8
    Hi, need help on a 2013 used Honda Accord LX. It has 12k miles and the carfax says the buying date was 12/31/12.
    The selling price is $17,599 excluding TTL. Is it a good deal to hop on against a new 2014 which will be around $3k higher?
  • Hello, I just got an internet quote for 2014 HONDA ACCORD LX SEDAN AUTO today, the OTD price is 21,389, I also confirmed with them for additional $600 discount (100 for AAA, 500 for graduate within 2 yrs), therefore the final OTD will be $20,789. see detail below. Is it a good deal ?

E-COMMERCE PRICE: $18,385
    FREIGHT/DESTINATION: $790
    ACCESSORIES:
    1 SPLASH GUARDS $299
    2 WHEEL LOCKS $199
    3 $0
    4 $0

TAXES: $1,192.32 TAGS: $325
    PROCESSING FEES: $199

You Pay Only ( TOTAL ): $21,389

edited January 24

nan,

Plan on keeping this car 7 yrs or more. get dealer to give you his bottom line price then decide .. If you cant afford a new one buy the used 2013. Like i posted to you this vehicle is considered a yr old model. makes no difference being sold in 2012 or june of 2013 if this car is stolen or totaled you will get the value of a 1 yr accord w/ 12 k miles on it.

If i was buying this vehicle my target price to buy would be high and low 4k and going no lower than 3500 off 2013 invoice price.. ... That is a good deal.

Any price above 17k for this vehicle i would not except i would buy a 2014 model for 1k to 1500 below invoice and now have a brand new car for a couple of thousand more.

Invoice price on last yrs model was..........$20,579

• radar007radar007 OhioPosts: 15
    edited January 25

Just received this email for those of you who are near VA. I may consider taking a trip there to get my new Accord!!

Are you tired of dealers in the DC metro sending out confusing price quotes? Would you like to buy a new Honda with NO surprises? This weekend only at Hendrick Honda Woodbridge, we are taking the guesswork out of buying a new Honda. The pricing below INCLUDES ALL TAXES, TAGS, FEES, EVERYTHING. THEY ARE TRULY OUT THE DOOR, BOTTOM LINE PRICES. You do NOT have to be active military OR a recent college graduate to receive this pricing. If you happen to be, YOUR PRICE WILL BE EVEN LOWER! They are so low, we can't advertise them. You'll only see them in THIS EMAIL!

Our Honda pricing also INCLUDES:

FREE LIFETIME POWERTRAIN WARRANTY(valid anywhere in the country, as long as you own your vehicle. PLUS, you are NOT required to perform your maintenance with us). FREE VA INSPECTIONS FOR LIFE PROTECTION PACKAGE INCLUDING: splash guards, door edge guards, wheel locks, tire nitrogen, and trunk tray(EX-L and above).

2013 Honda Civic LX Automatic(2 or 4 door): $16,998 OUT THE DOOR! 2013 Honda Civic EX Automatic(2 or 4 door): $18,898 OUT THE DOOR! 2013 Honda Fit Sport Automatic: $17,488 OUT THE DOOR!

2014 Honda Accord LX Automatic: $21,590 OUT THE DOOR! 2014 Honda CRV LX AWD: $23,520 OUT THE DOOR!

If you didn't see your vehicle of choice in this list, reply to this email for an out the door price and we will be happy to send it to you, time permitting.

This pricing is STRICTLY valid ONLY through Sunday January 26th. Do not miss this opportunity to enjoy a fast, smooth car buying experience with NO surprises.

See you soon!

Luke Internet Director |

Hendrick Honda Woodbridge |

Radar

way to go .............above post is great for people near this area. It does pay to take a trip to save $

Just to be on the safe side. make sure the dealership faxes you the bill of sale with your model, vin #, and the complete price breakdown .. Once you look over paperwork sign it have dealer sign, then you could leave a credit card deposit.. does not get any easier than this

. If you are close by to this dealer make your local dealership match or beat his price at months end.. If they wont give Hendrick Honda your business and keep that extra money in your pocket.. You wont regret it..

HELLOELLEN

Your quote of $19,175 (base plus destination) for a 2014 LX - is 2,500 under invoice - that seems like a great deal.

What dealership/state?

Question -- Received an internet quote from AutoSport in NJ $19,555 (which does not include destination -- add another $790, so $20,345). This is $500 under invoice.

Anyone know if a better deal can be gotten -- located in NJ.

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,389

Attention:

Dealership personnel last names, phone numbers, email addresses and other contact information are not permitted in the forums and will be removed.

Thanks!

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• I'm in Baltimore MD.
    edited January 25

jjm14

Auto-sport pricing will be between 500 and 1000 below dealers invoice. If you buy the last 2 days ,last day of this month you will have the best chance to buy your model at 1k below invoice price.

Dealer must have vehicle in stock or they may not sell near 1k below...

I will suggest you call George.. Internet mgr. at Auto-sport on Jan,30th. Tell him you will buy on that day for 1k below. Make a list of 10 to 15 dealerships in the NY/Nj area and do the same. You will find a dealer willing to sell.

Jan, has been a horrible month here in the Northeast for car sales. Let all these dealers sell there products to the uneducated buyers through the month making deals at there price.

End of the month is when you will meet your target price.

NY dealers to contact

New Rochelle

Yonkers

Atlantic

Huntington

Bayridge.............dealer is hit or miss at times.

S.I. Honda...........worth a call dont expect much

helloellen Posts: 7

January 24

Hello, I just got an internet quote for 2014 HONDA ACCORD LX SEDAN AUTO today, the OTD price is 21,389, I also confirmed with them for additional $600 discount (100 for AAA, 500 for graduate within 2 yrs), therefore the final OTD will be $20,789. see detail below. Is it a good deal ?

E-COMMERCE PRICE: $18,385 FREIGHT/DESTINATION: $790 ACCESSORIES: 1 SPLASH GUARDS $299 2 WHEEL LOCKS $199 3 $0 4 $0

TAXES: $1,192.32 TAGS: $325 PROCESSING FEES: $199

You Pay Only ( TOTAL ): $21,389

Tell that dealer you want the same car without splash guards and wheel locks and you will make the deal.

Splash guards are 65 dollars bought online

wheel locks cost dealer about 20 dollars you could buy online for 30 dollars.

• nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,693
    edited January 25

2013 Leftovers

There's a dealer in Shelton, CT (Curtiss Ryan Honda) that's advertising they have (9) 2013 Accords in stock (as well as 40 Civics, 10 Fits, 2 CRVs, an Insight, & a Ridgeline). It does say in the ad "no reasonable offer refused." I guess the dealer's definition of reasonable & the shopper's definition of reasonable are 2 different things. Not sure what their conveyance fee (fancy CT word for doc fee) is, but they might be worth a phone call.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2011 Pilot EX-L 4WD, 2015 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium

• nanunemnanunem Posts: 8
    Thanks Brian, I'll post once I have the final quote.
  • mike_smithmike_smith Posts: 11
    edited January 26

I am in the Los Angeles market for a 2014 Honda Accord EX-L V6. I have been contacting all the dealers in a 50 mile radius in an attempt to get pricing now that it is towards the end of the month. I need to know if the pricing i am getting is good and has any further room for negotiations (i think there is)

2014 Honda Accord EX-L V6 (without Navigation)

Base Retail Price (MSRP) $30,345 Total Invoice : $28,540 (including destination)

OTD based on Invoice Price and TTL/Fees in Los Angeles : $31,500

Pricing i have received is typically in the range of

Base Price : $27,400 - $27,700 (destination included) -- Comes to about 1100 to 800 below invoice price.

TTL and Fees in Los Angeles amount to about 10.3% of the Base Price. OTD based on pricing received is in range of : $30,200 to $30,500

I have been negotiating based on the OTD Price since i don't want any confusion and i don't want any other unknown accessories being added etc that i will know at the dealership.

Are these good offers ?? I know i can wait till the last day of the month and call around 15 dealerships trying to negotiate with them further, However i wanted to get some feedback on the pricing and how low i should try to negotiate on the last day.

I would much appreciate any feedback..

Thank you

• Thanks Brian for your suggestion. I went to the dealer today, but was told that the price has already included all incentives.... After a few hours of negotiation I got the final OTD price 21k. finance 20k with 0.9%APR for 60 months. Not my initial expectation but good though.
  • dcanes41dcanes41 Posts: 11

Hello Everyone,

I am new to the board and really appreciate everyone's comments.

I have a question/dilemma:

My lease is up on my 2011 Accord EX-L. I currently have 22,300 miles and my residual is $16,100. I thought I had some equity within but according to the dealership, I do not. With the low mileage and the great condition it is in, I was thinking of just taking a loan out to own. Currently our credit union has a 60 month at 2.49% or up to 84 months at 2.99%.

My other option is to lease a new 2014 Accord but would need to drop down to an EX from an EX-L since the lease payments are too high. I was paying $290.01 a month OTD on the 2011 EX-L but the best offer they can give me on a 2014 EX-L was $350/month OTD.

So after going back and forth with the salesman and sales manager, they offered me the following on a EX:

$268/month for 35 months (includes tax)

Purchase Price:$22,900 Residual: $15,600

Accessories Included: Car Mats Mud Guards Remote Engine Start System II (Installed)

They did mention they included any flex cash they had left since we are close to the end of the month. I would need to come up with the first payment of $268.00 + Title transfer/tags (Guesstimate an additional $170.00). So total due would be $438.00.

Is this a good deal? Should I purchase the 2011 EX-L that is coming off the lease I have or is the EX they are offering a good deal?

The state I am in is Pennsylvania.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thank you....

dcannes,

I cant help you with your finance's,and what chocie to make but will coment on your situation.

Going from a 2011 accord exl to 2014 ex model is two different worlds in terms of ride, gas mileage, and upgraded safety features etc..You will not be disappointed.

Your 350 lease quote is a little high for that model. you need to bring more dealerships into the mix and buy at months end for best possible price..

There are 2 ways you could check out lease pricing to make sure dealership is not ripping you off..

Go to

Accord leasing forum and ask Carman for the residual , Money factor, cap cost etc. for your model , yrs, and mileage you want to lease.

Go to Weymouth honda web site and use there online caculator for leasing on your model.. use there pricing guide to make other dealerships in your area match or beat. Weymouth leasing numbers are very close if not correct on leasing.

If you want to buy your Accord outright i'm sure dealer will go lower on used sale price if you make him a offer thats not out of the ball park.

Check out Penn fed credit union they have better rates than your credit union.

Hi Brian,

Thanks again...

I contacted Honda Lease and they said the $16,100 which is the residual is what I would have to pay in order to purchase the car. It sounded like there is no wiggle room on that $16,100 since it is a closed end lease.

Ok, I was on the Weymouth Honda website and went to the lease section and the residual for the 2014 Accord EX was $13,599.15 for superb credit which I have. Is that number the same for every Accord EX in every state? If that is the case, the residual of $15,600 is high!

• jwatljwatl Posts: 8

Hi everyone - I'm new to the board, but have read through many of the posts, including all of the ones in this thread. I was hoping you could give me some advice on my current situation. Thank you in advance for your guidance.

I am looking to buy a 2014 Accord EX-L V6. I started the negotiation process by emailing 10 dealers in my area. In my email I told them what model, color, and accessories I wanted and that I wasn't interested in any other dealer addons. I asked for a quote with the total price including all dealer charges and other fees with a break down of each cost and told them I was planning on financing with the current Honda Financial 0.9% 60 months offer. Also, I mentioned that I wanted to buy this week.

I got responses from all but 1. Some listened to my request and others played around. Of the 9 quotes, the best was for $28,213 before accessories and TTL. At first this seemed like a pretty good price, but reading this thread and others, it sounded like I might be able to get the car for up to $1,500 below invoice, or $27,043 (including destination). So, with that information, I decided to get aggressive and see if I could get a really good price. I replied back to each and told them that I had quotes from other dealers that were significantly lower and that I wanted to see if they could meet or beat $27,250 before any accessories or TTL and taking into account flex cash.

Of the 9, I received a response from four and after exchanging another email with each, they all basically didn't respond. For reference, I'll post the details of each of the four responses in the next post to keep the word count down on this post.

Anyways, so now I feel a bit stuck and not sure how to move the conversation along with any of the dealers since I came at them really strong with my low $27,250 offer. I don't need to squeeze every dollar out of them, but I also don't want to pay much more than I have to.

What is a legitimately fair price and what should I do next?

edited January 27

For reference, these are the four responses I received from the dealers mentioned in my post above:

1 - asked me to send the quotes and he'd talk to his sales manager. Since I don't have a real quote, I responded saying that I didn't feel comfortable divulging which dealers sent me the best offers, but to let me know what they could do. He replied and said that they couldn't match and wouldn't counter.

2 - like above, they asked me to send the quotes and she'd talk to her sales manager. I once again responded saying that I didn't feel comfortable divulging which dealers sent me the best offers, but to let me know what they could do. She didn't respond.

3 - said no problem, they'd absolutely match and asked when I could come down. I replied saying to please send the buyer's order with the pricing and VIN on it and asked to schedule a time for the next day. Never heard back.

4 - Said he could basically do the same deal with $750 flex cash, but adding in a mandatory $400 accessory package. He also said he didn't have the model in stock, but could do a transfer. The numbers weren't clear, so I asked for a break down of everything and if there was any fee to transfer. Never heard back.

edited January 27

jwatl,

From what i'm reading you are doing a nice job negotiating via email..

If you want to close the deal you need to go to def com 5....

First decide on a reasonable target price to buy in your state. a high and low end price .

Example ; in my state very few are getting close to 1k below invoice. most are getting 500 below dealers invoice. If i choose to travel out of state i may...get 1500 below in M.D / VA.

In your state.............target price 1000 below

If thats your high number you have to make direct calls to each int/ mgr and let each dealer know you will buy your model vehicle that moment on the phone from him/ her and leave a credit card deposit to wrap up the deal.. call your targeted dealerships the last 2 days last day of this month and you will make the best possible deal in your state..

edited January 27

Thanks for your response, Brian. My idea was to send that $1,250 below price in hopes that I'd end up at $1,000 below after some negiotating, but I basically got no response. So, you'd recommend that I just wait until the 30th and just do the remaining negotiating over the phone?

By the way, how'd you determine that $1,000 below was the target price?

Wow! Thanks for recommending Penn Fed CC.. Those rates are awesome!

@brian125 said: If you want to buy your Accord outright i'm sure dealer will go lower on used sale price if you make him a offer thats not out of the ball park.

Check out Penn fed credit union they have better rates than your credit union.

watl,

Rolled-back odometers cost Americans $760 million yearly

Jeff Rossen and Josh Davis

Facebook Twitter Reddit Pinterest Email

Dec. 9, 2013 at 7:34 AM ET

When Ryan Barber turned 16, his father went online and bought him a Honda Civic that showed 42,000 miles on its odometer. But they later found out through records that it really had 140,000 miles.

Authorities say it's a growing problem. According to a new report from Carfax, 190,000 cars have their odometers rolled back every year, bilking Americans out of $760 million in lost value and unexpected repairs.

Criminals have been tricking customers for years by rolling back the mileage on the odometer, then selling the car for more money. But now the scam has gotten so profitable, investigators say it's become organized crime.

Want a scam, rip-off or issue investigated? Email Rossen Reports.

Ryan and his father, Troy Barber, say they've already had to shell out hundreds for expensive repairs, all for a car worth half what they paid for it. "A wheel could fall off," Troy said. "(I) just didn't want to put my son in that kind of a predicament."

"This has turned into a real nightmare," Ryan said. His dad said they felt "ripped off, lied to, betrayed ... they're thieves, and it's not fair."

"This is a safety concern for everyone, because people are buying cars that have 300,000 miles on (them) and believing they only have 70,000 miles on (them)," said Tom Wilson, central area commander, California DMV Investigations. "Anything can fail. And the concern is, usually they won't find out until it's too late."

TODAY's team went undercover to watch a sting set up by investigators from California's DMV, posing as the buyer of what was advertised as a great luxury sedan with 85,000 miles. That's what the odometer showed too, but the Honda Accord had a secret: According to state records, it had 250,000 miles, nearly triple the number advertised.

With no idea he was about to be arrested, the seller showed off the Honda. Then police moved in.

The seller's name was Murad Alrawashdeh. Authorities say he's been part of a major odometer rollback ring. He denied rolling back the odometer, saying "This is when I bought it, how many miles on it."

But this wasn't the first time Alrawashdeh was arrested for rolling back odometers; he was convicted just months ago of felony theft. He pleaded not guilty to the new charges, including odometer tampering.

Investigators say it's easier than ever for crooks to do it. The reason: Most newer cars have digital displays, simple to hack with little devices widely available online. "You plug it into the car, select the vehicle make and model, and then change the odometer to whatever you want," Wilson explained.

A video posted online shows a car going from over 200,000 miles to 37,000 miles with just a click of the device. "It overrides the entire computer," Wilson said.

So how do you avoid becoming a victim? Before you buy, always ask for the car's service records. Also, have a certified mechanic inspect the car; they can even check the internal computer to see if the odometer has been tampered with.

And finally, there's a way to check the odometer history for free, on Carfax. All you need is the car's Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), the 17-digit code generally printed at the bottom corner of your vehicle’s dash on the driver's side. (Carfax also has helpful information on finding your VIN.)

opps sorry i posted in the wrong forum....lol

edited January 27

dcanes41 Posts: 6

7:51PM

Wow! Thanks for recommending Penn Fed CC.. Those rates are awesome!

I just made up that number as a example.. Most area's are between 500 below and as high s 1500 below.

i think your target price is good thou.. for p.a. i think you could get at worst case close to 1k below..

Thanks, Brian. I'm in GA - do you think $1000 below is reasonable here?

@dcanes41 said: Wow! Thanks for recommending Penn Fed CC.. Those rates are awesome!

You might also want to check out AAA - they have some very good rates as well and depending on the length of your loan, could be better then Pen Fed. Here are the rates in my region: http://autoclubsouth.aaa.com/Financial/finance_auto_rates.aspx