Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Truck wont start three out of four times trying to start it. GMC Sierra 1500.

jordan40jordan40 Member Posts: 109
edited January 2014 in GMC

I have this truck and it wont start. Ive contacted gm. Had my battery changed, starter changed. Still the same problem

Comments

• jordan40jordan40 Member Posts: 109

What should i do

i also just changed my alternator, spark plugs.

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148

have you had the fuel pump checked? On our truck, you can hear the fuel pump come on when you try to start it and it's working.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

i can hear the fuel pump when i turn the truck to the on position.the pump does work. i had that changed too

How long has this been happening? We also had an issue with getting moisture in the gas tank that caused the vehicle not to start, and then for no good reason, it would just start.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

it just started this winter about november. but once it starts it will start up again. if it sits for like 3 hours, last time it did it, it wont start again

but it sometimes will start on the first try

oh one more thing. the last time it did this it started on the second try, but when i put the key to the start position every thing died. then when i let the key go to on position it started. what caused this to happen. i know this is not supposed to happen

I wish I had more ideas for you. Unfortunately, I lack mechanical expertise and can only tell you what issues we have had, and I'm pretty much out of those. The only other issue we had was with an aftermarket stereo, and that did give us some electrical issues related to starting the vehicle.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR

I took it to someone to figure it out. I checked everything three times everything was okay. So someone will disect the truck and figure it out. Thanks for the help.

I did install an aftermarket stereo with dvd player. That could be the problem

i found out what was wrong. wiring and the starter. but its the third one