Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Porsche Macan - kickoff

huntzingerhuntzinger Member Posts: 356
edited January 2014 in Porsche

Well, for anyone looking for discussions on the Macan, there needs to be a topic to find, so here it is.

For those in the greater DC-NYC area, it looks like the first East Coast appearance of the Macan is going to be at the Philadelphia Auto Show, opening to the public on Saturday, 8 February.

-hh

Comments

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454

Any news on whether this will be available here as a 2014 model? Keep seeing conflicting stories (but those have been around since 2007).

2014 Porsche Macan Teased Ahead of 2013 Los Angeles Auto Show Debut

2015 Porsche Macan Starts at $50,895

• huntzingerhuntzinger Member Posts: 356
    edited January 2014

It is being introduced as a 2015 model, available in 2014.

My understanding is that demo's for customer test drives should start arriving at US dealerships in March. Of course, if you're interested enough to buy sight-unseen /pre-test-drive, you can visit your local Porsche dealer today and sign a contract (& provide deposit) for one.

BTW, do watch out for Dealers who feed you a line about the "Infotainment" package option ($2990). If they try to tell you that it is not their choice because it is a Factory Mandate that all vehicles they sell must have, this is patently false - walk out and go find another dealer.

-hh

• gtfranklingtfranklin Member Posts: 5

I was waiting for the mid-cycle refresh for the X3 35i, but extensive research on the Macan led me to order my 1st Porsche (Macan S)....sight unseen! Can't believe I did that. Should be available mid-May.

"A growing push into sport-utility vehicles (SUVs), spurred by the new Macan model which has sold out eight months of production before hitting German dealerships in April, may push Porsche sales to that level in 2015, three years earlier than targeted, Chief Executive Matthias Mueller said on Tuesday."

Porsche Eyes New Targets as 2018 Goal Hit Early on SUVs-Sources (NY Times)

"Overall, it's a better drive than the less expensive Range Rover Evoque, while keen drivers will find it more engaging than Audi's slightly cheaper Q5. That said, the Macan is no substitute for a real sports car even with the bigger engine and most aggressive suspension setup."

2015 Porsche Macan First Drive