Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Jeep Compass Lease Questions

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
Post your Compass lease questions here!

Comments

• suvshopper4suvshopper4 Member Posts: 1,110
    OK.

What kind of deals are people getting on Compass leases?

-ss4
  • jessicatjessicat Member Posts: 3
    I'm looking at a Compass with an MSRP of 16985 and would like to know what the residual and money factor are for a 24,30 or 36 month lease with 12,000 miles/year. If that's not enough info let me know.. Thanks!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hello jessicat. Here's the information that you're looking for. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00137 and 61%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 30 month lease are .00194 and 56%. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00194 and 53%. This truck's lease program varies by trim level, so let me know if you want a different version of it. When negotiating your lease, make sure to take advantage of the $750 lease cash that DaimlerChrysler is currently providing on the '07 Compass. It will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • jessicatjessicat Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the reply Car_Man. I just noticed the the info you gave me previously was for a Sport 4WD are the numbers different for a 2WD? That is more what I am interested in. Sorry I didn't mention it before.
    And I have another question for you. I see in ads that dealers sometimes offer a discount on a vehicle in addition to a factory rebate.. do the dealer discounts only apply to purchasing or do they offer them to lessees as well?
    Thanks in advance.
  • mich2226mich2226 Member Posts: 6
    I have a quick question if anyone can help me. I'm trying to get rid of my 2003 Jeep liberty which is financed and I still owe some money on it. Can I go to a dealership and turns this car in for something else? What are my options so the throw what I owe on the new note? Help?? Thanks
  • faroutfarout Member Posts: 1,609
    Mich2226: Depending on your credit, most dealers can get the amount you are upside down financed into a loan with the purchase of a new vehicle. Be aware you most likely w3ill have no equity until you have about 6 months left on the new contract. Unless there is something seriously wrong with your present vehicle, the vehicle your in will be the cheapest to drive. Being upside down is not good business on a consumers part.

Farout
  • acurabuyeracurabuyer Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car Man,
    Can you please tell me what is the money factor and residual for copass limited 4 wheel drive. Thanks in advance.
    No problem, jessicat. The lease program for the 2WD model is a little different than the program on the 4WD model. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 Jeep Compass Sport 2WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00173 and 59%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 30 month lease are .00222 and 55%. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00222 and 51%. This truck still has $750 lease cash on it.

You absolutely should negotiate a discount on any vehicle that you lease. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Shop around and negotiate the lowest selling price that you can on the Compass that you want, making sure to take the aforementioned $750 lease cash into account. Once you have arrived at a price that you are comfortable with have the dealer use the lease program that I just provided you with to calculate your truck's monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi mich2226. You are what is known as "upside down" on your Jeep Liberty, meaning that you owe more on your loan for it than it is currently worth on the open market. Your best option would be to wait until you are less upside down to get a new vehicle. If you are unwilling or unable to wait to get something new, you can either trade your current truck in or sell it on your own. Consumers are usually able to get a little more money for their vehicles by selling them privately, but it is a hassle. If you opt to go the convenient route and trade your Liberty in, you are either going to have to pay the amount that you are upside down on it out of your pocket at lease signing or roll it into your next loan or lease. Rolling your negative equity into your next deal will just make you even more upside down on your next vehicle, so if you can you are probably better off just paying off your negative equity and starting with a clean slate.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi acurabuyer. This truck's lease program varies by term and mileage allowance. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Jeep Compass Limited 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00192 and 51%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $750 lease cash that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter is hoping to talk to consumers who have purchased or considered a Jeep Compass and have never before owned a Chrysler. Please reply to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Thursday, April 26, 2007 with your daytime contact info and a few words about your interest in the Compass.
  • rjp256rjp256 Member Posts: 1
    Car man,

I'm looking to lease a 2011 Compass Limited. What are the current specials, money factor and residual that I should be shooting for?

The MSRP is $29,350 and I only need 10k miles/year. My credit is perfect...

Am I crazy to think I can get one for $300 a month sign and drive?

Thanks in advance
    Hi rjp256. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2011 Jeep Compass Limited 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.18% and 39%, respectively.

In most regions Chrysler is providing a $1,500 cash incentive on leases of this truck.

I would be happy to use these numbers to work up a sample lease payment on the truck that you are interested in for you if you provide me with its approximate selling price or its dealer invoice price. Having said that, this truck;s residual value is so bad that I doubt that you will be able to get one for anywhere near $300 per month.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • festivus56festivus56 Member Posts: 11
    Curious if anyone has current money factor and residual for 2012 Jeep Compass sport and/or Latitude? 36 month lease with 12k/year?

Thank you in advance
    Hi festivus56. Ally's July base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Jeep Compass Sport 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are 0.3% and 46%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a Compass Latitude 4WD are the same.

There is a $2,500 cash incentive on leases of the Latitude, but nothing on the Sport.

Car_man
    Host
  • festivus56festivus56 Member Posts: 11
    Thanks Car Man. Much appreciated.
    You're very welcome festivus56.

Car_man
    Host
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

This discussion has been closed.