Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Jaguar XF Prices Paid and Buying Experience

2»

Comments

• texas82texas82 Member Posts: 2

So... the dealer is offering me an extended warranty. Currently sits at 4 years or 50K miles. Offer is for an additional 3 years up to 100K miles. They want $2,980. Anyone know if that's a reasonable deal?

• laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,731

@texas82 said:
    So... the dealer is offering me an extended warranty. Currently sits at 4 years or 50K miles. Offer is for an additional 3 years up to 100K miles. They want $2,980. Anyone know if that's a reasonable deal?

First, congrats on the XF and welcome to the club! What interior/exterior color? Jealous that you have Portfolio, that gives you the much more adjustable seats, that is what I currently miss most from my XK.

Extended warranty? For me, I'd self-insure. Put the $2980 away for the possible rainy day after the 4/50 warranty expires. That way, if you need an expensive, would have been covered by the extended warranty, repair, you've got $3k to use. If you don't have any such potential warranty related repairs, you've still got your $3k!!! But, if it will help you sleep at night, and plan to keep the XF well beyond four years, at least negotiate the price. And be very sure that it will cover all the goodies that might go wrong post 4/50.

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

First electrical gremlin? Just once, using the steering wheel control, I wasn't able to scroll through radio FM presets in order. It would bounce around. Weird, seems OK today...

Also, either my headlights are aimed too low or the XF headlights are sub-par!

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

Dealer adjusted the headlights. Noted they were in spec, but there is a range to adjust. Much better, no headlight flashes from oncoming cars, so I think I'm good now.

Passed 2000 miles this week. Certainly not a Prius, but given the weight and power of this large, AWD car, mpg isn't too bad. Depending upon my local ~20 mile/day commute route, getting 17-18+ mpg. Last couple of tankfuls, per OBC, 19.9 mpg avg 30mph and 21.3mpg avg 31mph. Need more road trips, only one so far and that was 27.3mpg avg 53mph. Of course, premium fuel. I believe the wife's 535xi does about 10-15% better.
    Still nice ride/handling compromise. I don't think the ride is quite as smooth as my XK, but that could be the weight. XF absosrbs the bumps nicely, I think I can hear the suspension doing it's job, but it is not telegraphed into the cabin. There definately is wind noice around the exterior mirrors. And, pronounced wind noise with the roof hole or windows open. Although, given this long, cold winter, not a large sample set of that.
    Steering, not as much feel as I remembered from test drives. Especially at lower speeds. But, no slop. Turn the wheel, wheels turn. No problems in the snow, as hoped. The car handles well, but like my XK it is more a GT than sports sedan.
    Enjoying the interior and toys. Touchscreen is fine, simple to use/learn. A bit of lag sometimes, but I think an improvement over the Gen 1 in the XK. Comfortable, nicely bolstered seats. Bluetooth doesn't connect 100% of the time. Automatic high beams, meh. Part of the packge, but I certainly wouldn't buy them a la carte. Cool reading lights, simply brush a finger on the lights and they turn on. Seat and steering wheel heat is fabulous, almost too hot! And, nice to be able to haul my skis around inside the car.
    And, a lovely exterior. I think it sitll looks modern and distinctive in details. Stands out in the mid luxury crowd.
    Pace with grace.

• rayainswrayainsw Member Posts: 3,192

Great to hear - hope you continue to enjoy her!

• Ray

Not in the market for a Jag, unless I win that 400,000,000 dollars tonight

2022 X3 M40i

Not fooling me, Ray. I see your M2 lust on the other threads! With my cut of the 400mm, I'm thinking of an F-Type coupe now. Looking forward to the Jag XE in a couple of years, I probably overshot the mark size-wise with the XF (I'd prefer smaller), but the XF is as small as Jag goes with true room for 4+.

Buttons: The XF has 'em and I like 'em! While the touch screen controls much, there are redundant buttons below the screen and on the console below that. They feel good, not hard plastic, rather feel "rubberized." I'll have to take a closer look, but this just occurred to me this morning, commuting to work. A soft touch is all that is required with delicate feedback to let you know it has engaged. I find this a small feature, but elegant.

Rotating vents continue to rotate and shift dial continues to rise and retract, in case anyone was wondering!

Greetings. Figured I'd update my now getting long in the tooth '13 Jag XF status: Turned 7000 miles this past weekend, so I'm averaging just a bit less than 1k/month. But that's picking up. Per OBC for the last 5k miles I've averaged 27.9 mph and 23.8 mpg. Not bad (my daily commute is ~20 miles, either back road/stop lights and signs or stop and go highway).

No issues to report other than a sunshade rattle, but only when the sunroof shade is fully pulled back and I'm on rocky road. Still enjoying the overall goodness of this car. I know it's a bit of a porker weight-wise, but it is just so well damped and tuned I don't feel it (unlike a bit in the 535). Meridian sound rocks, and when required, rolls. Leather still looks new, a few wrinkles on the outboard seat cushion of my (driver's) seat. No Prince of Darkness issues to report.

Still working for me style-wise both in and out. Two shortcomings, especially at this price point, though:

• Should have more than just the basic 6 way adjustable seats
    • Should have front fog lights (it has a rear)

Also, visibility takes a bit of a backseat to the slick style. Hence, using the blind spot warning, backup camera/radar and my owl-like swivelling neck!

Nothing has slowed or phased this car, weatherwise. Like my XK, it will cruise effortlessly at speed. And, a little more speed. And again, more than that! First service isn't due until the end of the year and I'll probably take it with son and skis for a week to the mountains of Vermont, Maine or New Hampster this winter. Should't be an issue, the awd and Conti all seasons made short order ot this past winter.

So, for those that may be considering the new, curry-flavored Jag, here's one big thumbs up! Of course, it's only been 7.5 months, plenty of warranty left!

Annual Father/Son ski trip to Maine, in the XF. Fold down the back seat, pile in skis/boots/poles/luggage/flotsam/jetsam/detritus... Not as convenient as an SUV/Wagon hatch, but really no problem. So, 456 miles, avg. 54mph, 25.1 mpg. Probably 75/25 highway/local. And on the way north, through a blizzard, the XF handled the white stuff with aplomb. Really would have liked to have front fogs, though, Jag? Por que no?

Unfortunately, the car is just filthy. And with more snow/nasty weather coming (and not garage, so don't want to encase it in ice!), not sure when it will next be shiny and clean... :(

14 months, almost 14k miles, not an issue to report. Pace with grace.