Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Porsche 911 Lease Questions

Comments

• knkknk Member Posts: 7

Hello, I am trying to lease a 2014 Carrera S (C2S) this week. Would really appreciate it if you could give me the money factor, residual, and MRM for:

-- Manual, 24 and 27 month lease, 12K and 15K miles
    -- PDK, 24 and 27 month lease, 12K and 15K miles

Thanks much in advance.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,810

I'm sorry, but we don't have the Porsche numbers for this quarter.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• r_c_4everr_c_4ever Member Posts: 3

Am trying to get rough estimate on what the lease payment would be for a 2014 Carrera 4S with PDK. I would probably do a 24 month lease for 7.5K miles / year. I would also have the car with a reasonable amount of options.

Thanks.

@r_c_4ever said:
    Am trying to get rough estimate on what the lease payment would be for a 2014 Carrera 4S with PDK. I would probably do a 24 month lease for 7.5K miles / year. I would also have the car with a reasonable amount of options.

Thanks.

This is a really rough estimate, because you've given me no numbers to work with, and I don't have the January Porsche lease program..

But, if you have an MSRP of $125,000 and a selling price of 5% off that, then you'd probably be looking in the $1700/mo. range,with around $3500 due at signing..... plus tax..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Kyfdx, thanks for the response. As you can probably tell am new to all this.

How does the leasing calculation work ? How did you come up with the $1,700/mo. ? What equation did you use ?

Thanks again.

Monthly depreciation = (cap cost - residual) / lease term

Monthly finance charge = (cap cost + residual) X money factor

Monthly depreciation + monthly finance charge = monthly lease payment.

I estimated the lease numbers from last month to get the variables..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Would you choose the 2014 911 4S or the 2014 GT3 ?

@r_c_4ever said:
    Would you choose the 2014 911 4S or the 2014 GT3 ?

Unfortunately, I'll never get to make that choice.. ;-)

From a lease payment standpoint, the C4S has a little better program, but it's also a much lower MSRP, so the lease payment would probably be at least 20% less. The problem you'll run into with any Porsche lease is they all have a maximum residual amount (MRM) that varies by model. If your MSRP exceeds that amount, the lease price skyrockets. So, higher priced, lower-option units will lease better than lower-priced, high-option units.

If you are just comparing models, the C4S would probably be a lot easier to live with on a day-to-day basis..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• FlowmacksFlowmacks Member Posts: 7

Any word on feb programs? Really hoping the come back with the conquest cash. With the LCI in '15, I'm assuming we'll see some aggressive programs.

Sorry... .we don't have the Porsche program for this month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Bummer

Motortrend has the lease rates posted here-- http://www.motortrend.com/cars/2014/porsche/911/
    Select your model, then click on "rebates"-- the figure are based on 15K per year..

Good info! Thanks!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• blackknight4blackknight4 Member Posts: 28

What do you think about the following lease:
    2014 991 carrera. PDK MSRP is $94K. 24 months, 15k miles a year. Total of $7500 out of pocket and $1000 a month including tax. $935 without tax.
    Thanks

• davidsobedavidsobe Member Posts: 2

911 4S, MSRP $127000, 24 month lease with a prepaid option quoted at $43415 (taxes included).
    How much lower should I aimed at?
    Thanks, D

Does anyone have residuals and MF for 2014 911 Carrera, 24 months, 15k miles a year? thanks The dealer is offering me a deal where they have come off 9% on the car but the lease makes the residual 70% and the MF .003350. This does not seem right. ( More details MSRP $94315, negotiated price $84,669.00)

• davidsobedavidsobe Member Posts: 2

911 4S, residual 0.72 and MF 0.205% for 24 months and 5K miles a year

@blackknight4 said:
    Does anyone have residuals and MF for 2014 911 Carrera, 24 months, 15k miles a year? thanks The dealer is offering me a deal where they have come off 9% on the car but the lease makes the residual 70% and the MF .003350. This does not seem right. ( More details MSRP $94315, negotiated price $84,669.00)

2014 911 C2 Coupe: .0020 MF and 71% residual. Looks like that dealer is marking up the money factor the maximum amount. Which might be why he can offer such a big discount on the price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thank you. Should I ask them to use the correct residual and money factor? Do you think they will then raise the price. Just trying to figure out best way to negotiate.

@blackknight4 said:
    Thank you. Should I ask them to use the correct residual and money factor? Do you think they will then raise the price. Just trying to figure out best way to negotiate.

The dealer has to use the correct residual for that model. That part will sort itself out. I'd concentrate on the money factor. "When I was negotiating the price, I assumed that you would use the base rate of .0020. Jacking up the money factor is adding almost $200/mo. to my payment."

Then, see what they come up with.. I'm serious... $200/mo... that's a big markup.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thank you so much for your help. I don't think this dealership is used to people negotiating.

@blackknight4 said:
    Thank you so much for your help. I don't think this dealership is used to people negotiating.

A lot of high-line dealerships will try to make you think that worrying about the actual price is beneath them. That somehow, someone that can buy a $100K vehicle shouldn't worry about a measly $5K, here or there..

So.. it's just car salesman BS, just with a twist.. ;-)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx, you have been so helpful. thank you. I got a complete printout from dealer. If you don't mind i am going to give you the number to see what you think. 2014 911 C2
    MSRP- $94,315 Cap cost-$84,300 Bank fee $895, title/reg-$200 other fees-$105, tax on credit-$404, Total cap cost-$85,794 Cap reduction-$5,807 Advanced payment-$982
    Net cap-$79,987
    Residual-$66,020
    Total drive off-$7500
    Monthly payment-$982 with 7% tax, 24 months, 15k miles a year.

Looks like a small MF bump to .0023 (which is really small for a Porsche dealer.. lol). If you amortize your upfront payment over the 24 months, your effective payment is about $1250/mo. Which is really not too bad for a 24 month lease of a $94K car.. The money factor bump adds about $1000 to the deal, but $10K off MSRP is outstanding..

As far as the residual.... Does your car have PDK? That does lower the residual by 1%, and would account for the discrepancy.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

it is pdk. forgot that. Thanks again. I just wanted to make sure i am getting a good deal. Now it is just deciding if i want to spend that kind of money on a car.(it is one hell of a car,so a tough decision!)

Does anyone know if they're going to roll out new programs in March or if these hold until April?

@Flowmacks said:
    Does anyone know if they're going to roll out new programs in March or if these hold until April?

Porsche usually only changes quarterly, and the current program is scheduled to run until March 31st. That doesn't mean they couldn't change it, but it wouldn't seem likely.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

What does you guys think. I have dealer at 9.6% off MSRP on C2 and them using the correct money factor and residual per what is listed online. From what i have read i think this is a pretty good deal. I just don't want to be ripped off. Should I go for it?

@blackknight4 said:
    What does you guys think. I have dealer at 9.6% off MSRP on C2 and them using the correct money factor and residual per what is listed online. From what i have read i think this is a pretty good deal. I just don't want to be ripped off. Should I go for it?

That's probably as good as it's going to get.. Since it's your money, I say, Go for it! ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

i did and i am very very happy. Thanks again kfydx

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    Porsche usually only changes quarterly, and the current program is scheduled to run until March 31st. That doesn't mean they couldn't change it, but it wouldn't seem likely.

You're right. Looks like we may never get the kind of programs they had in 2013.

• ammettammett Member Posts: 1

Hi Everyone,

What are the lease rates for '14 C2 Manual Transmission 991s for 24 and 27 months, 5K,7.5k,10k,12k,15k miles a year for March.

Thanks in advance

@ammett said:
    Hi Everyone,

What are the lease rates for '14 C2 Manual Transmission 991s for 24 and 27 months, 5K,7.5k,10k,12k,15k miles a year for March.

Thanks in advance

.0020 MF and 71% residual for 24mo, 15K/yr lease.

Subtract 2% for 27 month residual.

Add 2%/3%/4%/5% to the 15K residual, respectively, for each step down in mi./yr.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• chemodocchemodoc Member Posts: 11

Does this seem like a good deal for a C2 manual?

MSRP 91730
    Residual 72%
    Selling price 84500
    Phantom footprint fee 99.00
    Aquis fee 895
    Doc fee 200
    sales tax at 6% 5082
    tags 346
    10K miles/yr
    27 month lease

My cash down $7000

Payments including tax per month $1057

Assuming that your $7000 pays for the tax and other fees, your payment would be $993/mo, using the base money factor of .0020

What state are you in, where you have to pay tax on the full selling price? I would consider a longer lease, so you could amortize the tax over more months.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• chemodocchemodoc Member Posts: 11

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    Assuming that your $7000 pays for the tax and other fees, your payment would be $993/mo, using the base money factor of .0020

What state are you in, where you have to pay tax on the full selling price? I would consider a longer lease, so you could amortize the tax over more months.

The state is Maryland where we pay tax on the full price of the car. The money factor they are using is 0.0023. I wanted to avoid 36 months since I wanted to avoid keeping the car through an additional winter.

I asked the dealer to recalculate based on no money down and first payment out of pocket only. Now it is as follows for a C2 manual:

MSRP 91730 Residual 72% Selling price 84500 Phantom footprint fee 99.00 Aquis fee 895 Doc fee 200 sales tax at 6% 5082 tags 346 10K miles/yr 27 month lease

First month payment at signing/pickup.

Payments including tax per month $1291

Should I take it or wait until the end of the month? They have the exact car I want.

I just added the $7K you were putting upfront back into your CAP cost, and got $1305, so that's very close... The only thing I would note is that the base MF is .0020, so they may be marking it up slightly.. That's about $48/mo. at this price level... If they are marking it up to account for no security deposit or something like that, it would be better to make the deposit or fee, than take the markup. Probably just marking it up for extra profit (maybe to make up for the big discount).

I don't have a crystal ball, but Porsche money factors haven't changed since at least the 3rd quarter of 2013, so I wouldn't expect them to, next quarter... residuals could change, but an increase isn't likely. Dealers can add incentives at any time, but the 911 typically doesn't get any.

If you are happy with the deal, and they have the car you want, I don't see any advantage in waiting... and, I understand about not wanting to keep the car an extra 9 months, if you don't want to drive it for 5 of those months..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• scopeitscopeit Member Posts: 4

Help. 2014 c2s coupe PDK. Msrp is 120885 + 950 destination

2 year lease. 5k miles per year. 5000$ off price

10k$ down. 1427/month before tax (Denver)

Is this a good deal? Should I buy? Thanks in advance

They are telling me money factor is .026

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,012

@scopeit said:
    They are telling me money factor is .026

.0026 is the MF for all leases to level 3 customers (FICO 650-699).

Residual is 69%, + 5% for 5K mpy.

When I plug in your numbers (including the $10K down, which brings the cap cost to $106,835), I get a pre-tax payment of $1207 for a 24 month lease.

You should ask your dealer (Prestige? Stevinson?) for a breakdown of the payment - depreciation vs. rent charge.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Thanks

Should I be asking for lower money factor? My credit is excellent.

@scopeit said:
    Should I be asking for lower money factor? My credit is excellent.

Absolutely ... tier 1 money factor is .002

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• tcslctcslc Member Posts: 5

Hi. Looking at a 2013 C4 Cab CPO w/less than 500 miles on a 27 month lease. What's hurting the deal is the residual is a low 56%. All else being equal, it looks like I can spec the exact same car as a new 2014MY and the lease price basically stays the same because the residual is 69%. That's with nearly $20k off list for the '13, and assuming $4k of negotiation on a new order (both with identical MSRPs). Am I seeing this correctly that due to the lower residual, the '13 is not a good deal and I'd be just as well going for my own build '14? 56% residual on the '13 is non-negotiable, correct?

@tcslc said:
    Hi. Looking at a 2013 C4 Cab CPO w/less than 500 miles on a 27 month lease. What's hurting the deal is the residual is a low 56%. All else being equal, it looks like I can spec the exact same car as a new 2014MY and the lease price basically stays the same because the residual is 69%. That's with nearly $20k off list for the '13, and assuming $4k of negotiation on a new order (both with identical MSRPs). Am I seeing this correctly that due to the lower residual, the '13 is not a good deal and I'd be just as well going for my own build '14? 56% residual on the '13 is non-negotiable, correct?

Residual values are set by PFS and cannot be changed by the dealer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• slave2milesslave2miles Member Posts: 6

Just started looking for a 2014 C2 PDK. I was told the current residuals are as follows 27/5k = 73%, 36/5k = 63% , 27/7.5k = 72% 36/7.5k = 62% . Can anyone confirm that the top tier MF is still .002? Any advice on what I should be looking for as far as a discount off of the price of the car. i.e. 5%,8% ext. I also noticed that there seems to be some conquest cash available via the Porsche website. I'm in Texas so if anyone has someone that they can refer me to that is easy to work with and transparent I would be very grateful.

I'm sorry... we don't have the 2nd quarter numbers for Porsche, yet.

I would be surprised if the money factor changes.. it's been the same for at least the last 9 months.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

The money factor is still .0020 for April.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• qwert544qwert544 Member Posts: 4

Any Q2 update on 911 convertible residuals for both base 911 cab and 911S cabriolet?

• qwert544qwert544 Member Posts: 4

Sorry--meant to ask for 24 or 27 months, if you have them. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.