Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Touareg Lease Questions

18910111214»

Comments

• tuburonhtuburonh Posts: 9
    Hello Car Man-

Glad to see you are still in action: your help has been invaluable for my last two leases, and I'm now back in the market.

I know you hate leasing for the Touareg, but nonetheless, could you please let me know what VW Credits May rates are (MF and residual) on both the 36 month and 39 month leases for a Touareg TDI at 15000 miles per year?

Many thanks.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Thanks tuburonh. I'm still here :). Welcome back.

Volkswagen Credit's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2013 Touareg TDI with 15,000 miles per year are .00141 and 45% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I didn't mention the 36-month numbers because that term is not eligible for the Sign Then Drive first payment waiver, just the 39 and I think 48-month terms are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • jlh4480jlh4480 Posts: 2
    Hello all,

My local dealer has a 2012 new Touareg still on the lot. It is a TDI with the Lux package. It is listed for 47, 850 and the MSRP was 54, 850. I am interested in leasing this car and wanted to know what the MF and Residual would be like on a 2012.

I would be interested in either a 2 year with 12k/year, or even a 3 year with 12k/year.

Thanks for any insight you can provide.
  • newbuyer77newbuyer77 Posts: 1
    Hi.
    I'm shopping for a good lease on a 2013 Touareg V6 Lux. I qualify for the supplier purchase program through my company which is $500 below invoice. My question is: is there "dealer cash" available and can it be applied even if I'm already getting the preferred price? If I ask the dealer this and they say "no", how do I know they're telling the truth?

Thank you.
    Hi newbuyer77. Volkswagen is currently providing a $2,500 cash incentive on leases of this truck that I believe you would be entitled to if you were to go through the supplier purchase program. The retail dealer cash that VW is providing on the '13 Touareg is not compatible with its special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
  • bman18bman18 Posts: 2
    Any help here is appreciated

I am looking at lease/purchase on 2013 Toureg TDI Exec msrp $60,945 and sales price of 53385 - trading in vehicle with $5000 equity

I am being quoted $799 for 39 months lease with residual of 27225 with no other cash out of pocket including TT and fees

Seems high? Any advice?

Thanks in advance
  • gagricegagrice San DiegoPosts: 28,899
    Carman, I have read your position on Touareg leases. I am looking at both the Toureg TDI Lux and the ML350 Bluetec. My initial plan was to pay cash. My CPA says we could write off the lease to our business ventures. So we are considering a lease. Which would be the better lease prospect, the MB or VW? The ML350Blutec will probably be in the $55k range and the Touareg in the $50k range. We like both vehicles a lot. Thank you,
    Hi gagrice. While there's a lot of variables here, such as the discount that you are able to negotiate. All things being equal, mainly the dealer discount, the ML Bluetec would actually be cheaper to lease than a diesel Touareg, even with the higher MSRP because the Mercedes' residual values are so much stronger. The resid for a three year lease of an ML would be 10% to 15% higher than the residual value for an equivalent lease of a Touareg TDI. That's a huge difference.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you. I needed an unbiased opinion. The VW salesman was pushing VW leases. He claimed VW had the best leasing program and that was the reason so many people leased from VW. I guess if we lease I better look the offers over very closely.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,992
    VW has some pretty good leases.. just not on Touaregs... :(

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• mcntwllmcntwll Posts: 2
    Kyfdx & CarMan
    Love the Forums (you help us so much, thanks!)
    I have a deal I'm looking to get to $625, please let me know if I am asking too much.
    Current offer is...
    2013 Touareg Sport w/ Nav
    MSRP 48,000
    Sell Price 43,100
    Down Payment 1950
    36 Months
    15,000 miles/yr
    Residual 17,283
    Interest rate 0.9%
    Tax is separate (company car, company pays tax)

$684 is current offer and i need to pull $2,000 out to get to $625, do i have any chance or do I have to part with the Navigation system?
    Thanks,
    Matt
  • disladisla Posts: 55
    It's waaay too expensive. Fugedaboudid.
    I got an email from a dealer here offering $0 down $794 per month TTL included for 36 months 10k miles per year. Based on discounted price of $49,804 from MSRP of $55,170. Residual 48% money factor .00044. I told him if they kicked it up to 12k per year with $0 down and $794 per month including TTL they had a deal. Salesman called and said it should be no problem. I get down to the dealership and he has a long talk with manager. They come out with same 36 month 10k MPY@$794 per month and now want $999 down. Well my calculator brain sees a problem right off as that adds $27.75 per month. I said if you can get it to 36 months with 15k miles per year, which is unlikely we will drive that much, at the original agreed on terms its a go. Manager says not possible. We walked out. Back to seeing what kind of lease deal we can get on a Mercedes ML350 Bluetec our second choice.

VW is offering an even lower price with $0 down and 0% financing for 60 months. That would make it lower than the lease price.
  • kennethw123kennethw123 Posts: 8
    edited August 2013
    Hey Carman,

I'm heading toward the end of my current lease and have two vehicles on the short list. The Touareg TDI and the soon to be Jeep Grand Cherokee diesel. In regard to the Jeep I'm looking at either the Overland or Summit trip so it seems to stack up closely with a Lux TDI. Can you tell me which lease program is the best bet right now? My lease end is 3/1 so things might change in between but it would be nice to get a snapshot opinion right now. Thanks!

PS - I'm looking for a 3 year/15k per year lease, no cap cost reduction.

Ken W.
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,174
    edited February 1

Please visit the 2014 Volkswagen Touareg Lease Questions discussion for current 2014 model year lease questions.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

18910111214»
This discussion has been closed.