Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Honda Pilot Lease Questions

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
edited May 2015 in Honda
To discuss the latest lease details for the current model, please join us in the 2015 Honda Pilot Lease Questions forum.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications on Edmunds 2015 Honda Pilot page.

To see all forums discussions about the Honda Pilot, including earlier model years, please visit our list of Honda Pilot discussions.

We also invite you to share your purchase experience on Edmunds Facebook page, Share Your Story.

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    2014 Pilot EX-L AWD (without RES or NAV) 36mo, 12K/yr lease
    .00131 MF and 56% residual

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• tdemoss18tdemoss18 Member Posts: 20

I have OTD pricing on a 2014 Honda EXL w/RES from a dealership and hoping to find out if this is a good deal or not. OTD w/taxes at 6%, title, registration, etc. is $36,126.50. Which is $446+tax lease payment for 36 months w/$15,000 miles and $640 buy payment for 60 months at 1.9%. Good deal or not? Residual is $20,776. I've asked for the money factor.

I'm also trying to negotiate a 2014 Honda Pilot Touring and have OTD pricing right now of $39,291.98. Still waiting on payments.

• sahil908sahil908 Member Posts: 60

Hi, Can someone please provide the MF and residual for January? I am looking for a 36 month lease 2014 EX-L 4WD.

Can you please provide two sets of numbers, one for 10k miles/year and another for 12k miles per year? Really appreciate it. Thank you!

December numbers for Honda are still in effect through Monday, January 6th.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    December numbers for Honda are still in effect through Monday, January 6th.

Thanks kyfdx. So, I am correct in assuming the below numbers? (I basically copied the 12k miles/ year numbers from one of your posts and estimating the residual value of 10k miles/ year)

2014 Pilot EX-L AWD (without RES or NAV) 36mo, 12K/yr lease
    .00131 MF and 56% residual

10kmiles per yr lease - 57%?

Correct... 10K/yr residuals are 1% higher than 12K/yr residuals.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• eds92eds92 Member Posts: 9

Hi everybody. It seems like today new lease numbers came out. Can anyone provide MF for Pilot EX-L, 36 m lease and residual for 12K and 15K? Does Honda provide any lease assistance, any loyalty discounts, etc? Thanks in advance.

2014 Pilot EX-L 4WD 36mo, 15K/yr lease

.00131 MF and 54% residual. Add 2% for 12K/yr.. Add 2% for 2WD

kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    2014 Pilot EX-L 4WD 36mo, 15K/yr lease

.00131 MF and 54% residual. Add 2% for 12K/yr.. Add 2% for 2WD

kyfdx

Thanks kyfdx. How different you think the numbers are for LX and EX?

Add 2% to the above numbers for either LX orEX

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Awesome! thanks

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    Add 2% to the above numbers for either LX orEX

So does this mean .00131 MF and 58% residual for EX/LX for 36 month lease 12k miles/ year? Can you please confirm? Thanks again!

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148

Please help launch our new Facebook tab and be one of the first to share your car shopping experience.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

@sahil908 said:
    So does this mean .00131 MF and 58% residual for EX/LX for 36 month lease 12k miles/ year? Can you please confirm? Thanks again!

Yes, that is correct

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks!

• carnut12carnut12 Member Posts: 67

Hello,

Do you have February mf and residuals? for the pilots ? any low mileage programs?

thanks,

Numbers are the same as January.

MF is .00131. Residuals vary from 50% to 58% for 36mo, 15K/yr lease, depending on model and trim. 12K/yr residuals are 2% higher.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Can you post which models have which residuals? Is there a 10k option?

There is no 10K/yr option...

12 different Pilot models... which one are you interested in?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

lx and ex

• pilot_driverpilot_driver Member Posts: 7

I am in the market for a 2014 Pilot Touring 4WD. I am looking into leasing for 36 months with no money down and no trade.. only 1st months payment plus title/tags. I live in New Jersey. My dealer gave me the following deal, can someone comment if this looks good...

Sale Price :$36,442
    $1105.46 Down
    12k per yr miles
    $541.46 @ 36 Months
    Capitalized Cost $42,250
    Capitalized Cost Reduction:$1105.46
    Adjusted Residual: $21,970
    Money Factor: .00131
    Residual Value .52

@carnut12 said:
    lx and ex

AWD LX and EX models have a residual of 58% for 36mo, 12K/yr lease

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@pilot_driver said:
    I am in the market for a 2014 Pilot Touring 4WD. I am looking into leasing for 36 months with no money down and no trade.. only 1st months payment plus title/tags. I live in New Jersey. My dealer gave me the following deal, can someone comment if this looks good...

Sale Price :$36,442
    $1105.46 Down
    12k per yr miles
    $541.46 @ 36 Months
    Capitalized Cost $42,250
    Capitalized Cost Reduction:$1105.46
    Adjusted Residual: $21,970
    Money Factor: .00131
    Residual Value .52

$42,250 is the MSRP, not the capitalized cost.

Capitalized cost would be the selling price, plus any extras added into the Cap cost.

The money factor and residual are correct. I assume the $1105.46 is the total amount due at signing? The payment seems a little high, but can't tell without that CAP cost number..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• tazzy8tazzy8 Member Posts: 6

Any thoughts on 2014 4WD EX-L Black / Grey interior---$33,442.95 tax / tags= $35,664.93 $2500 down $440 a month on a lease Residual $20,304.00

What's the MSRP?

I try not to pass judgement on deals.... just to note if the math seems correct. Pilots aren't really cheap to lease... the money factor is not that cheap and the residuals are just average.

The key is to get as big a discount from MSRP as possible, and stay away from accessories and garbage fees..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• tazzy8tazzy8 Member Posts: 6

MSRP $37,600-

• isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342

Wow...that's a lot of payment to rent a Pilot!! Does it have to be a Touring?

I can't ever remember writing a lease with a payment that high but if that's what they want and it fits their budget? They said the sale price was 36,442. When I was in the biz there sure wasn't 6000.00 of profit in a Pilot but maybe something has changed?

• jackinatormajackinatorma Member Posts: 5

2014 Honda Pilot EX-L with Nav Lease 15K/year, 36 month ....what is the MF, Residual, what % or $ over invoice should I be paying, and what kind of incentives are there currently?

@jackinatorma said:
    2014 Honda Pilot EX-L with Nav Lease 15K/year, 36 month ....what is the MF, Residual, what % or $ over invoice should I be paying, and what kind of incentives are there currently?

.00131 MF and 52% residual (4WD). $1000 manufacturer incentive on this model

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jackinatormajackinatorma Member Posts: 5

Thanks for the info!
    What is your recommendation of "fair price" over invoice for this car? Can you explain how the incentives work?

I don't really have an opinion on a fair price, as I'm not shopping for a Pilot. Edmunds has an opinion, though. You can build your own Pilot by using the make/model tabs at the top of the page, and Edmunds will give you their opinion of True Market Value.

You can also access incentives and rebates for any model, through the Car Research tab, also at the top of the page.

I'm not sure if the $1000 lease incentive is for the consumer or the dealer, but either way, you should take that into account in your negotiations. With an extra $1000 in cash, I'd look for invoice or a little below.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• cheapjackcheapjack Member Posts: 26

I'm trying to make up my mind between the 2013 Toyota Highlander base model (old shape) and the 2014 Honda Pilot 2WD LX (soon to be old shape). Toyota's website is offering $1999 + $279/mo for 24 months. Do you think Honda can match that? I think the price of the Highlander is very attractive since they want to do away with the old shaped vehicles but since a new Pilot is due out by the end of the year, do you think Honda could match the Highlander deal? TrueCar is offering $3,862 below MSRP of the lowest model Pilot. How much lower can I go?

• brianf1997brianf1997 Member Posts: 26

Carman,

Can you please tell me the money factor, residual and any incentives on the 2014 Pilot EX 4WD, 12k/year, 36 month lease? Thank you!

@brianf1997 said:
    Carman,

Can you please tell me the money factor, residual and any incentives on the 2014 Pilot EX 4WD, 12k/year, 36 month lease? Thank you!

.00131 MF and 58% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ctarnactarna Member Posts: 19

Decent deal?
    2014 Honda Pilot EX-L
    MF: .00099 (2.3765%)
    RV: .56 ($21,056)
    MSRP: $37,600
    $1000 down
    $425.00/mo
    12k/year
    36 mo lease
    They are also paying the final 2 months ($700) of my old lease.

Looks good...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ctarnactarna Member Posts: 19

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    Looks good...

Thank you.

• cfp3cfp3 Member Posts: 1

Hello, I negotiated a selling price of $32,991 on a 2014 Pilot EXL AWD. I would like to lease. the terms they gave me are MF .00109, residual 54% $20,304, and 15,000 miles a year over 36 months. Two questions: 1. Is this a good deal? 2.The monthly fee of 471.63$ is based on a net cap of $34,765.17 but what accounts for the difference ($1774.17)between my selling price of $32,991 and the net cap of $34,765,17? Thanks!

edited March 2014

@cfp3 said:
    Hello, I negotiated a selling price of $32,991 on a 2014 Pilot EXL AWD. I would like to lease. the terms they gave me are MF .00109, residual 54% $20,304, and 15,000 miles a year over 36 months. Two questions: 1. Is this a good deal? 2.The monthly fee of 471.63$ is based on a net cap of $34,765.17 but what accounts for the difference ($1774.17)between my selling price of $32,991 and the net cap of $34,765,17? Thanks!

$1774 difference. The acquisition fee is $595 of that, leaving $1179 to account for. You'll have to ask the dealer for a breakdown. Title/registration fees are normal. Tax on the acq,fee. Some sort of dealer doc fee? (read:extra profit). The dealer should break it down for you.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• af135af135 Member Posts: 5

Hi kyfdx, I am looking to lease a '14 Honda Pilot, 4x4 touring model. Do you have the residual for 12k, 15k and the buy rate on the money factor for march?

Thank you in advance for any info you may be able to provide!

@af135 said:
    Hi kyfdx, I am looking to lease a '14 Honda Pilot, 4x4 touring model. Do you have the residual for 12k, 15k and the buy rate on the money factor for march?

Thank you in advance for any info you may be able to provide!

36mo, 15K/yr residual is 50%. 12K/yr residual is 52%.

Region A states have a money factor of .00109. I'm not certain of Region B state money factor, but it is most likely .00150-.00170. There is also $1500 of dealer lease cash. What state?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• af135af135 Member Posts: 5

It would be in Pennsylvania

@af135 said:
    It would be in Pennsylvania

PA is in Region A - .00109 MF

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jlmlkljlmlkl Member Posts: 7

Hi kyfdx - I was hoping to get your help. I'm thinking of leasing a Pilot EX-L in NJ with no additinal accessories and no money down. I'm not familiar with leasing but trying to learn quickly. I assume I should try to negotiate the MSRP first, which I hope to get to $33-34K. At that point, i'll bring up the lease option and ask for the money factor and residual value, which i see should be approx around 3% and 54% respectively. But once i obtain those details, how do i know if i'm getting a good monthly payment price for the lease? What should I be looking for? Also, once i get down to the bottom line, what additional charges are valid and not valid (i.e. destination fees, delivery fees, tags, etc).

Thanks in advance
    Jim

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,012

@jlmlkl said:
    Hi kyfdx - I was hoping to get your help. I'm thinking of leasing a Pilot EX-L in NJ with no additinal accessories and no money down. I'm not familiar with leasing but trying to learn quickly. I assume I should try to negotiate the MSRP first, which I hope to get to $33-34K. At that point, i'll bring up the lease option and ask for the money factor and residual value, which i see should be approx around 3% and 54% respectively. But once i obtain those details, how do i know if i'm getting a good monthly payment price for the lease? What should I be looking for? Also, once i get down to the bottom line, what additional charges are valid and not valid (i.e. destination fees, delivery fees, tags, etc).

Thanks in advance
    Jim

You are certainly on the right track. Negotiate the selling price just like you would with a purchase, then use those numbers to calculate your lease payment. If you provide them to us, we can do some basic calcs. Make sure the dealer provides the money factor (we'll see if it's marked up) and residual value (cannot be changed by the dealer).

You can also check the Pilot Prices Paid discussion to get more information about fees. brian125 has been a great help to many shoppers of Honda products. Off the top, the destination fee is set by Honda and cannot be eliminated; tags may refer to registration costs paid to the DMV through the local dealer and are also non-negotiable. There may be a 'dealer fee' of several hundred dollars in NJ that is pure profit (here in Colorado I've seen these fees as high as $699!) - you can try to lower the selling price to offset them.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Excellent. I appreciate if you can calc my numbers for accuracy. I'll report back! Thanks for your help.

Jim

@jlmlkl said:
    Excellent. I appreciate if you can calc my numbers for accuracy. I'll report back! Thanks for your help.

Jim

Best of luck! Always happy to help.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Getting a quote for EXL 4wd

Cost 33,300
    Tax 7%. 2,331
    Doc fee. 285
    TtL.

OTD 35.9 approx

How does that sound?

@jlmlkl said:
    Getting a quote for EXL 4wd

Cost 33,300
    Tax 7%. 2,331
    Doc fee. 285
    TtL.

OTD 35.9 approx

How does that sound?

I'm sorry - is this for a lease or a purchase? You've posted this in the lease discussion, but it looks like details for a purchase.

There is a separate "Honda Pilot Prices Paid" discussion as well.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

This discussion has been closed.