Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Yukon XL and Yukon XL Denali

Comments

• ljnelson109ljnelson109 Member Posts: 3
    I have this on both of my vehicles through Allstate. It is just a rider on my existing coverage. Allstate does not pay the $1000 towards a new vehicle but I have heard of coverage that does. Allstate also leaves this coverage on beyond when you need it unless you request otherwise. If you are financing 100%+ (i.e. tax, tags, title) I would highly recommend it. If you drive more than 15K miles per year you could be upside down for more than half the life of the loan! I would price the option through your auto insurance carrier and do some quick math to see which is a better deal. Its like any other insurance you only miss it if you need it! Good luck. Lee
  • shucknetshucknet Member Posts: 98
    I've got a 1999 K2500 Suburban with the 6.5 turbo diesel engine. I have been wanting to do some stereo work, but don't want it to intrude into the cabin. Anyone here a stereo buff who has some examples of good stereos in their suburban?

Ryan
  • gblake1gblake1 Member Posts: 7
    Steve,
    I've been reading reviews on XM and it's competition. System seems to work well as long as your not around buildings or near any metal stuctures. You know,...kindof like your cell phone. So instead of 'Can you hear me now?' it's a "I can't hear it now' scenario. I don't seem to have ever had that happen with a CD. All else aside, with XM you are still listening to what someone else has decided to program and have to put up with the "wart" on the roof.

I just got off the phone with the dealer purchasing agent and she stated that I could not order the Bose 6CD changer system without getting the XM as well. I've been an engineer for nearly 25 years and even test driven prototypes for GM in the 80's and I've never heard something as ludicrous as this. I'm sure that the folks that have it give it many cudos at least during their initial free period. Will be interesting to see how many of those same customers keep the subscription after this time.

Cathy,
    Best answer I can give in response to your problems with the dealers is to keep trying. Try contacting dealers via the internet and especially the internet salesperson. Many of the sales persons here are straight salary and have little interest in getting back to you on 'finding' a vehicle. They are interested in selling what's on the lot,.. clearing inventory. I've often gone with recommendations from other business owners and professionals. Ask them who they've used and if they were happy. Also, learn as much as you can about the dealership and the shop usually attached. During my research, I found that the dealership that I had planned on going to for my purchase had several lawsuits, specifically Deceptive Trade Practices, pending against them. As a test and after setting a firm date and appointment time with the service manager, I took my suburban in for what amounted to nothing more than reseting my computer. A five minute exercise that could have been performed by any one armed monkey. I waited seventy five minutes only to have them come back to tell me that they didn't have the right tools. Last time I've been back. Good example of why I should have listened to the advise of others.
    Good luck in your searching. I still think I will be able to beat my best time by at least fifteen minutes.

gb
  • beesampsonbeesampson Member Posts: 16
    cruthfield has a good selection of radios and equipment. I like the alpine, but have had good luck with kenwood too.
    As for the xm radio, I love it. Best $10.00 a month I spend. Only minor problems with reception, same kind of problems as fm and am have.
  • jgmilbergjgmilberg Member Posts: 872
    If you order the truck you can delete the XM from the option list, kinda like how you can get cargo/barn doors and get a credit for lift gate delete. I looked into it at my dealer. You can also check it out at http://www.gmbuypower.com Another thing is that they are doing a mid year antenna change from the loads of customer complaints about the size of the current antenna. The new antennas is only 1.5" tall and aprox.3" square.

Now to deal with the buildings and metal structures, XM has land based repeaters that are designed to eliminate dead zones in large building areas like New York. These are repeaters that broadcast on a different type of carrier wave that is not as affected by large building or steel structures.
  • gfsimongfsimon Member Posts: 1
    I have a '02 Yukon XL with about 2500 miles on it. Just recently I discovered an oil puddle under the engine (front driver's side). Further investigation shows that it appears to be originating from what looks to be an oil breather tube attached to the drivers side engine compartment wall. The tube is black, about 1/2 round and is capped with a black plastic plug that allows oil to exit from the bottom of the plug. Anybody else notice oil blowby from the tube? I cannot believe it's normal based on the amount of oil found under the truck. Thanks!
  • bc13bc13 Member Posts: 32
    The Tahoe has a 50-50 split 3rd row seat. This does not appear to be available in a suburban. Was wondering if the suburban 3rd row bench could be replaced by the Tahoe 3rd row seat?
  • donahuesdonahues Member Posts: 36
    My 02 Denali (2000k miles) was leaking fluid from the front, but it was a clear/opaque fluid with a vaseline/gas smell. It turned out to be front differential fluid from the front differential breather/vent tube. Easily fixed under warranty. Service manager told me it was a common problem on new Yukons just off from shipping.
  • cathykelcathykel Member Posts: 7
    Thank you all for the advice and suggestions.

I did call two other dealers who were listed in BJ's Auto Club. At one dealership I spoke to a mgr. who was very nice but he wanted to sell me a 2002 LT 4WD for $1995 more that what the other dealer wanted for a 2003 ($37K). When I pointed this out to him, he explained to me that he has to get at least his invoice price plus $700. It was the same story with the second dealer I called.

I am going to go back to the first dealer to see if he will fax all the paper work prior to going in and signing. I want to be sure he has no plans to change the price.

I do not know how Greg obtained the information about one dealer who had complaints filed against him. I called our AG office and they could give me the number of complaints filed each yr. since 1999 but not a breakout of what type of complaint was filed.

Again, thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

Greg, let us know when you shave those 15 min.

Cathy
    Check GMC I was told by my dealer that the 3rd row seat will be available in either split bench or solid bench. I don't know that for a fact tough, maybe it's like that only in Denali XL.
  • lobbyistlobbyist Member Posts: 15
    My experience on buying a new LT has been a hoot. I have yet to step into a dealership. I arranged my lease financing through a 3rd party (ACS in Cincinnati, www.asccorp.com) and got a very competitive residual and a very low money factor. I have been playing a dealer in Arlinton, VA against a dealer in the Baltimore area. When the Baltimore folks beat the Arlington guys by $500, the Arlington guys said I should take their competitor's price. The guy in Baltimore said it was the quickest sale he ever made (took about 3 minutes). The Arlington guys then called back and tried to beat Baltimore by $250. However, the Arlington guys wanted to charge about $400 in processing fees and taxes that the Baltimore guys were not going to charge. So I would up saving about $900. The final price was about $7700 under MSRP. However, I understand that in the Boston area they are advertising $8000 under MSRP so perhaps I left some money on the table. However, The Baltimore guys will be delivering the unit to my office on Thursday morning. Gosh this is fun.
    the final price Lobbiest? After making a few calls, I was able to get a much better price. All I'm waiting for now is to who has the best overall price. I've managed to get $100 over dealer invoice, but also found that invoice prices vary widely between dealers. It's the fact that since the plant in Mexico is shutting down for two plus weeks, it may mean that I'm unable to participate in the incentive program currently underway. It seems only fair that if someone orders a vehicle during the program period that they should qualify for the incentives. Called both the GM marketing and customer service center in FL. and they were definitely not the sharpest tacks in the box.

John, I did see the new smaller antennas. Much better. But I've also talked to several that have the radio and they aren't very happy with the reception. Maybe it's just Houston.

Cathy, seems you may still be getting taken for a ride. Concerning the dealer info.; research them through the local BBB and online under your county and state dot gov sites. good luck.
  • kitchenskitchens Member Posts: 12
    About a week ago I ordered a 2500 Suburban at $300.00 over invoice. I bought this from the smae dealer as my current 01 1500 Suburban. Only reason I'm buying a new one is that I need the increased capacity to tow my 28' trailer.
    I'm not sure where mine will be built--it looks like there are three plants that produce the Suburban--Wisconsin, Texas, and Mexico. The dealer said I could get mine within 4 weeks, but in looking at other sites the usual lead time is 6 - 8 weeks.
    Did not know about the shutdown at the Mexico plant. gblake1 do you know why they are shutting down? If my truck is to be produced in Mexico, it probably will delay my delivery date. I too want to take advantage of the $2000 rebate. Hopefully GM will renew after Jan 2. With what I have been reading in Automotive news I would predict that they will. I am going to keep in touch with my dealer though and if it looks like I won't take delivery by Jan 2 will see what we can do about it if the rebates aren't renewed.

BTW, sticker price on my 2500 is approx $50,800--has almost all of the options except for quadrasteer--nice idea but EXPENSIVE, dual buckets second row seats. I wanted the rear entertainment center in lieu of the sun roof.

My 01 Suburban has been great--in a way I hate parting with it, but this new one should be even nicer. Has approx 26400 miles and has not given me any trouble. Anybody have a lead as to who might want to buy it in the Washington DC area? Otherwise may try selling it on my own or take it to Carmax.

Steve K.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    I guess you didn't like the trade-in price offered? Try Edmunds Used PowerShopper or eBay Motors if you want to go the internet sales route. If you want to do a local ad, check out the Real-World Trade-In Values discussion for some good ad tips (i.e., don't say "firm").

Steve, Host

gblake: Here are the numbers: MSRP 46,684, invoice was $41,533 and I paid $39,033 (after deducting the $2K rebate). Like I said, I still think I left money on the table.
  • howard007howard007 Member Posts: 6
    I just bought a fully loaded 2003 LT 2WD.
    First I must say that I spent hours searching for the best deal and I paid about $39,400 - $2K rebate. I think XM radio is the best when driving around and have never had a problem. I have it in all my vechiles!

Now to my problem... When I turn the steering wheel quickly, I hear a short noise. I can't seem to pin it down of what it is. Almost sounds like some sort of powering steering noise. It happens on an irregular basis. Any reports of such noise?
    I'm going to bring it in, but you know what will happen... they won't find it!

Thanks
    I'm having a hard time in putting in a decent video system in my 2003 Suburban. I have a sunroof.... My wife doesn't want the pop down overhead screen because she says it will impede her rear view mirror. So now my only answer is two headrests systems... Problem is this costs $1900+ installed. Any solutions?
    Why don't you try doing the install yourself. They come with good instructions, and will only take about 3 hours to install.

I did a flip down panasonic in my 01 burb.
    I don't believe that the headrest should be any harder to install, just a little more money. I paid 900.00 and the headrests were 1300.00.
  • ljnelson109ljnelson109 Member Posts: 3
    I just finished installing a headrest video system in my '02. It is an entry level DVD system I purchased from www.audioinmotion.com. They were great to deal with and they sell a package for as little as $520! For the money it is a nice system. It took me approximately 10 hours to install including installing the DVD in the space where my 'O2 had that STUPID cassette player. I could have saved some time if I had been less creative with that part of the install. I spoke with a local chain (Tweeter) and they quoted me $500 each for their cheapest monitor (probably a nicer model than the Boss I installed) and $300 per headrest labor just for the monitors. I know they may be selling higher end stuff but I could not justify the > $2000 price tag!
    Lee
  • cannonballcannonball Member Posts: 1
    I own a 2000 GMC Yukon XL 2500 4WD, 6.0 litre engine. It has 43,000 miles with about 10,000 of the miles towing an RV Trailer weighing 8,500 pounds. I bought it new.

On a recent towing trip I experienced hard shifts into 4th gear while towing (tow haul was on). Transmission temperature was normal. The hard shifting went on for about 100 miles and then went away.

I noticed transmissin fluid on the tongue and front of the trailer that evening. I took it to the dealer immediately. There was transmission fluid dripping from the transmission casing. They found no problem and no leak. Could offer no explanation for the fluid or the hard shift.

Now, I am getting hard shifts into 4th gear intermittently, even when not towing. Otherwise the truck runs perfectly and shifts flawlessly. Have experienced no further leaks.

Has anyone had experience with this problem??

Thanks.
    Yes, the system at Sound Advice in Florida was $2000 for Myron & Davis headrests. I can't justify spending that when I just bought the 03.

Installing it is also a problem because I don't have 10 hrs to work on it.

One quick solution is: http://www.atctechnologycorp.com/vidego_why1.html

but when you have a 1 year old and 2 1/2 year old and kicking the seat this is a problem.

I find the biggest problem in my 03 Suburban is that the 2nd row bench seems to be too close to the front seats. I dunno why they don't make them so you can move the bench back.

• chief29chief29 Member Posts: 14
    I installed a Clarion video system in my 2002 Yukon. It is built into the back of the console, replaces the cup holders. Very clean installation, I did it my self, got most of the parts from Crutchfield.
    Morning all,

Steve, did find out that we can get the smaller of the two antennas available for the XM. Jury is still out on whether or not we keep the subscription.

Lobbiest, I am surprised to hear about the price. At looking at the dealers info. and it looks like I will be right at 40K and change for the 4WD version and about $1800 less for the 2WD. This is with all the bells and whistles minus the sunroof. I also have an additional $1500 off for the GM card. Probably opt for the 2WD version. One dealer even offered to give $100 per tire/wheel if I wanted something other than the Firestone AT's and stock wheels. It appears they are trying to charge me for the Advertisement adjustment ($695) but think that I can get that one thrown out. We should make a decision today and I'll let you know. Don't think the vehicle will be here by the end of the promotion. Talking to their cust. svc. and marketing centers is not much help, but maybe they'll extend it.

Does anyone know of third party financing co's that meet or offer competitive rates??

Kitchens: No way I can verify the Mexico plant shutdown, just what I was told. Makes sense though. According to several purchasing managers, once an order goes into the system, the dealership doesn't have much control on where it's mfg'd. Once again, GM C.Svc. wasn't much help. I use to have an email of a good engineer in Michigan that could answer or find the answer to just about any question, but think it's on an old computer. Makes sense that GM should offer the incentives to existing vehicles on dealer lots AND to those that order by a specific date. Anyone agree?

G. Blake
    P.S. I had a dealer tell me that if I ordered it from him, he will not only beat my 45 minute record but would go one step further. Said that I wouldn't have to come in at all, do everything by fax and/or fedx, and even deliver the vehicle to my home, which is about 1 hr away. Not bad and sounds almost too good to be true. Anyone tried this before?
    I sold my '92 SLE w/ 137K on AutoTrader.com. Had very good response and got top dollar for the vehicle. I took the pictures and provided the details. Drafted a bill of sale off of Family Lawyer 2002, state accepted it and did the title work and closing at the local tax office. Don't know if it's available in your area, but it worked well for me.

GB
    I wouldn't start making plans to sell your current ride until you get your truck. I ordered my '01 2500 YXL on 11-15-00, and took delivery of it on 3-15-01. GM makes all the heavy duty models early in the model year to figure out what they need to make to meet emmisions standards at the end of the year. They also batch the 3/4 ton Subs and YXL into large batches, mine came with about 20 more delivered to 5 dealers in the area, and several others on the Edmunds got theirs at the same time. I was told 4-6 weeks on mine, and it took 5 months to the day to deliver. Part of the reason is the holidays are in there and the plants don't run. In November the plants have 2 days off for thanksgiving, and 12 days in December for Christmas and New Years. It's not a very popular truck in 3/4 ton for some reason.

What options did you get? Just wondering because on the 2500 autoride makes a BIG difference in ride. Was also wondering if you ordered 4 wheel steering. I have driven the Sierra Denali and love the turning radius. Just thought that since you have a trailer it might have been an option that would interest you. If your truck has not been preferenced you can still alter the order if you wanted either. I think autoride is still forced if you wanted the 8.1L engine.
  • kitchenskitchens Member Posts: 12
    Hi jgmilberg:

I did order autoride on my 2500--I have it on my 1500 and I too think it makes a big difference in the ride. As a matter of fact, I think if you order the LT package and/or 8.1 V8, the autoride is required. My 2500 is going to be the grey metallic--I originally wanted the redfire metallic, BUT you can't get that color in the 2500 unless you order quadrasteer. I did not order the quadrasteer mainly because of the price ($4,400!!) and my fear in something going wrong with it. I ordered the 8.1 Vortec, trailer tow package, limited slip differential, rear entertainment center, XM Radio, cargo package (kind of a rip-off because my 01 came with this stuff STANDARD), side air bags (again my 01 had this standard) the steering wheel radio, info center controls, and the telescoping side mirrors. Of course with the LT it comes with leather, CD changer etc.
    I am not in a big hurry for the truck, but do want to take advantage of the 2K rebate. AGain if it looks like it will not be coming in before Jan 2, I will contact dealer to see what we can work out--that is assuming that GM does not extend the rebates, which is always a possiblity.

gblake: I currently have my 01 listed with carsdirect.com, but will also try autotrader.com. Thanks for the lead about that.

Also didn't I read somewhere in this forum, that once you got your VIN, there was somewhere on the internet (gm site?) you could go to track the progress of when your truck was going to be built, and track its progress once its shipped?

Thanks everyone!
    Gblake: You say that you are surprised by the price. Do you think I paid too much or do you think I got a good deal. Like I said, I think I left money on the table but I would be interested in your view. The vehicle has all the bells and whistles, no sunroof but a factory DVD player.
    PS: Gblake. They delivered the vehicle to my office in downtown Washington last Thursday afternoon. I spent about 10-minutes signing documents on the hood of their shuttle car. I never stepped foot inside the dealership. In fact, I don't even know where the dealership is located.

As for financing, talk to your auto insurance agent about financing. Many times they will beat the dealer by a good margin.
  • jonkaojonkao Member Posts: 12
    My 2003 Yukon XL has the same steering noise problem, too. I can not re-produce the problem in any consistent way, so I still have not brought it to the dealer yet.

Jon
  • gottagetaburbgottagetaburb Member Posts: 9
    Hey Lobbyist - I'm in the middle of pricing out a very similar 2500 (LT, 8.1L, Autoride, etc) in NoVA. Can you tell me which dealer in Baltimore you bought from? Sounds like a good guy you found there...I love the idea of having them bringing it to me. That's the way car buying should be!

Thanks!
    Hello Gottagetaburb. It was a dealer named Win Kelly in Clarksville, MD. www.winkelly.com They have their inventory online and it appears that they have only 1 3/4 ton unit on the lot. But beware, it was made in Mexico. The salesman I dealt with is Terry Abell (met him for the first time when he delivered the unit.
    Thanks Lobbyist! I'll be sure to report back to the board about how it goes.

--GottaGetaBurb
    Gottagetaburb: Don't forget that the dealers up in the Baltimore area do not appear to charge what in the DC area is billed as a non-negotiable "processing" fee and also they pass local taxes through to the customer, much like the phone companies do. So, in assessing price differentials, don't forget to factor in these two charges that you likely will be asked to pay by the DC area dealers and not by the Baltimore area dealers. On my purchase, the difference was nearly $400.
    I want 4 wheel steering- the price does not really bother me as much as something going wrong. I will wait until it's time to ditch my '01, so it's not a big rush. I can't believe that Redfire is only available with 4WS!!!!!

The other options that used to be standard are GM's way of cost cutting, they also dropped the base price on the truck from last year because of the deletion of options. After you put them back you are right around the old base price for the LT trim level.
  • djolleydjolley Member Posts: 10
    I am trying to decide what to get my wife. She wants a 7 plus passenger vehicle. We have narrowed it down to a 2000 or newer Suburban, Expedition or Durango. All 3 are capable of pulling my boat and have available 7 pass. I am concerned about gas mileage, price and reliability. Please any suggestions you may have.
  • lobsenzalobsenza Member Posts: 619
    Depends on how much room you need. The Surburban will be the roomiest of the 3, especially behind the 3rd row and for the 3rd row passengers. 2000 or newer is fine for the Surburban, but I think you will get slightly better reliability form an 01 or 02. You should also consider a Yukon XL.

The Expedition (02 or newer only) would be an excellent choice if slightly less room is desired. Becuase of independent rear suspension, it is very roomy for its size.

The Durango is very outdated and I would not recommend it.

I recommend 4 wheel drive for pulling a boat trailer (I have had a few bad ramp expperiences without it). It does, however increase complexity and reduce gas mileage somewhat.
    So I got some quotes on ordering a 2500 LT over the last week or so, and have been quoted a 2.005% "advertising" fee from all of the dealers I spoke to. I have been told that this fee is charged to the dealer by GM. Sounds fishy to me. Can anyone confirm or refute the legitimacy of this fee? I've tried finding an authoritative source to answer this, but no luck so far.

I've searched back through the archives on this board and found periodic discussions about it, but nothing definitive that I thought I could take to a dealer to refure his claim of it being a charge from the factory.

Thanks all,
    --Gottagetaburb
  • richphillipsrichphillips Member Posts: 36
    Regarding Djolley's request, I had a Burb and Tahoe, and they both got better mileage than my brothers Durango with the 5.2. Wouldn't buy Durango unless you have to park in tight spots. New Expedition might be worth looking at, but 2 friends have both said they would not buy another 99-00 expeditions. Secretary has one, and at 4'11, she has to jump, to get in and out of the expedition, even with running boards. Has your wife driven any of them yet. That's where I'd start.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Gottagetaburb, here's another message about the legitimacy of advertising fees:

steve_ "Toyota Highlander" Jan 23, 2002 10:31am

Steve, Host
  • edmundodedmundod Member Posts: 1
    I am in need of a diagram of the complete wiper system diagram for a 1997 K2500 Suburban. The linkage seems extremely stiff & is causing fuses to blow. Any suggestions on where I can find this info? Just reply to the group or offline. I am not interested in buying an entire shop manual just for this info alone.

Regards, ED
    Calgary, AB
    Canada
    Reply to: edmundo.d@netzero.net
  • djolleydjolley Member Posts: 10
    My wife has driven all three. She likes the Suburban as do I, we just want to make sure we are not going to be surprised and or miss something. I like the extra room behind the rear seat, I read an article that basically said that no rear seat is safe, but I think Suburban is probably the safest. I appreciate everyones help.

For the guy looking for info on Advertising fees look at it this way if you are paying MSRP and it is on the Window Sticker its probably legit. If you are paying X over invoice and its on the invoice its probably legit. And you are agreeing to pay X over Invoice. If it is not listed I wouldn't pay it.
    If you compare all three rear seats, the sub has far more room. I feel complete comfortable having my kids in the 3rd row.
    Besides, you wouldn't want to try the safety features of you new rig, away.
    On a recent trip of 2300 miles at 70 to 75 I got 17.5 mpg.
    2001 Sub 4x4 5.3L 4:10
  • rsa240rsa240 Member Posts: 3
    My front heater for my 2002 Yukon XL heats air only at the highest setting, 82 degrees, or if all windows were open at freeway speeds when not in auto mode. Otherwise, cool air would be present regardless of the temperature selected. The only way to regulate the air temperature in the front cabin is to set the heater at 82 degrees until the inside temperature is comfortable, then turn the heater off until it becomes too cold, then turn the heater on again, etc. This causes constant drivers distraction in order to regulate cabin temperature. Rear heater works as normal. Manufacturer states the climate control system is operating as designed and refuses to correct the problem. Manufacturer is stating that even when the climate control system is taken out of auto mode, the system will still regulate temperature, therefore cool air may be present. I have never owned a vehicle in which the climate control system cannot be turned off and used as a manual heater/AC system if desired. My dealer states other owner's of 2002 Yukon's have complained about the same issue. Dealer also states the 2001 used a different climate control system and 2003 are fully digital, so the complaints are only for 2002 models. Has anyone else noticed the same problem?
    The temperature of the air that comes out depends on the inside cabin temperature except when it is in the warmest or coolest setting. So, if the cabin is warm and you set the temperature on 80, cool air will come out. If the cabin is cool, warm air will come out.

I do have an 01, but I have never seen an automatic climate control function differently. If yours doesn't work that way, you have a problem.
    Djolley: Even though the Suburban might have slightly more leg-room in the 3rd seat area, the Excursion has substantially more cargo space than the Suburban. The Expedition has perhaps enough cargo space for a 6-pack and a ham sandwich with the 3rd seat in. Also, if you are towing, the Excursion has a diesel engine available. The point being, don't overlook the Excursion, I think it has 10-inches more wheelbase than the Suburban. I bought the Suburban because it was smaller than the Excursion and I do a lot of city type driving and also I was concerned it would not fit in the parking garage where I work.
    Gottagetaburb: The ad fees do show up on some versions of the invoice. I know because I have one that shows two items: (1) Dealer Co-Op Advertising $460 and (2) Local Advertising and Marketing $130. That works out to less than 1.5% of the total vehicle invoice before adding shipping. As I understand it, the only people who don't pay advertising are current and retired GM employees. Keep in mind that this advertising stuff is in addition to the holdback and something called the "wholesale finance credit."
    I looked at an Excursion when we got our YXL. No comparison. The GM products were much more polished. The rode better and drove better.
  • dumbacedumbace Member Posts: 8
    We just traded a 1999 Durango that we bought new for a used 2001 Suburban and would never go back. The Dodge was a total POS and the dealers were often times worse. While we owned the Dodge (50K miles total) we had to replace the battery five times, the water pump twice, the power seat track, window motors twice, the washer pump, a blown freeze plug (how does this happen??) and was told that the balljoints were shot and that the transfer case was leaking. This car stranded either me or my wife and the kids on four different occasions and had to be towed each time. I had a dealer once tell me that even though it was under warranty they wouldn't fix a problem, but after I made a few idle threats they did and of course it resolved the issue we were having. Once it was out of warranty Dodge could not have cared less and hung us out to dry. It's funny but I could have lived with the truck even after all this if Dodge had put a little bit of effort into standing behind their product and helping us out with the repair bills. It was my first Dodge and it will be my last. I pity the fool who buys that Durango we traded in and I pity anyone who buys a new one. Pay attention to what the reliability reports and consumer ratings tell you. They don't suck for no reason.
  • christophers1christophers1 Member Posts: 18
    Do not pay those fees, if they want to sell the car they will come off of these fees. They will give you grief about the fees saying that they have to pay the bills each month for lighting and blah blah blah. I have never and will never pay that type of fee. As far as I am concerned take it out of the holdback.
    Anyone saying that you should pay them is a car salesman or dealer.
  • cathykelcathykel Member Posts: 7
    Just read that you shaved time off your record. Congratulations.

Safe Driving,
    Cathy