Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Problems with 07 Dodge Caliber Sxt

124»

Comments

• Hi guys, Ive had my 2007 dodge for nearly a year now, bought it second hand with 15k miles on the clock so it was still not even run in. Ive just hit 22k miles in it and the engine management light has appeared, and when my mechanic plugged in the diagnostic computer it came up with two codes relating to the EGR valve. So after both parts of the EGR valve where replaced and the codes wiped they appeared with the same fault again. The codes are as follows-
    Po487 EGR throttle control open circuit A
    Po488 EGR throttle control range/Performance A circuit

Has anyone else experienced this and if you have whats the magic trick to cure it?
    Many thanks
  • My check engine light and gascap light have intermittently been coming on for 2 years. I changed the gascap since it was the easy thing to do. That didnt do it. Eventually the cruise control stopped working so I just took it to Dodge. The guy said some part (transmission or engine maybe?) has a leaky valve causing the check engine light to come on and consequently the cruise control shuts off due to that. The estimate was $285 to fix. It is currently being fixed at this very moment so don't know if that is absolutely ALL that has to be done.
  • Ive replaced my alternator several times they don't seen to last. The alternator will trick you into that there is a noise coming from the engine, it was the alternator. Easy to replace. i bought a new alternator from auto zone for $180 and did the repair my self. I've had the throttle body replaced due to poor idle (@ 70k miles) I've also had to replace all my motor mounts. The motor mount caused a random clicking or ticking thought it was engine to, it was the motor mounts. They were hard to see due to poor lighting but look up close and you will see cracks around the rubber. My cruise control switch was replaced because it was cutting out. Oh and now my check engine light comes on then turns off randomly about every 130 -180 miles. Still trying to figure that one out.
  • Hi there,

So I am having the altenator issue and am able to do the work myself but my issue is, Im not exactly sure where the altenator is? Can you please assist me on this by letting me know where it is?
  • I have a 2007 Dodge Caliber that I personally LOVE and haven't had any problems with until recently. So through reading all of your post, have discovered that I have the alternator issue. No problem I will fix that but the other issue I have is at 1 1/2 to 2 rpm's my car is revving and seemingly having a problem shifting gears or something!??? I am not sure how else to explain the issue but if anyone has experience this problem and if so what was it and how did you get it fixed???

Please help! I am a single mom with barely enough income to survive... I can not afford to lose the only car I have!!!???

Thank you all in advance!
  • Hi, I was just wondering would you recommend me this car? It would be my first car. It seems that you are having a lot of issues with it. This is what Ive heard too but overall it seems like a great car it has a small engine and a lot of trunk spare which is perfect for me. I would be buying it used
  • i Michelle: I own a 2007 Caliber, that sound or vibrating you feel is the motor that jump when shifting, you fix this problem replacing "motor mount" and maybe the "transmission mount or support" too. I feel that vibrating when my park is on drive shift but waiting in a red light, i would need to shift to neutral so the vibrating and sound disappear.

Also i don't know what is your alternator problem, but my battery light turn on some months ago, i went to the dealer and it was a "software upgrade" of the car computer and the light went off, so it wasn't a alternator problem even looks like it.
  • cataocatao Posts: 1
    My dodge caliber just started to wine a little but I have noisy rear brakes and was told by dealer it was also a problem with the calibers and the 2007s also leak into the left rear light. And was told not a warranty issue. But I would also be in on a class action. If dodge knows about these problems we all should be reimbursed a part of what we paid for and the aggravation
124»