Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Chevrolet Blazer Brake Problems

13»

Comments

• Options
    jeeploverxj89jeeploverxj89 Member Posts: 2
    Umm first off im not trying to take anyone down on this just going off my own experence most shops are idiots not relizing they can use the same brake bleeder they already have that they hook up to you car and walk away now for the secound part bleeding out the ABS isnt as difficult as most will say and you dont need special tools and etc.... ive done this my self with just another guy takes a totall of 15 mins to bleed out all the air
  • Options
    jeeploverxj89jeeploverxj89 Member Posts: 2
    Ok im going to stop u right there you dont need a special scan tool ive been doing this for peopls ABS on there chevys for years now and only takes 15 mins with one other guy to help out to bleed out the ABS system :D
  • Options
    carlargocarlargo Member Posts: 1

hi, I have 93 chevy blazer s10, 4.3 lts. i check my brake sistem, everything looks good. sometime when i apply the brake the rear wheels grabbing. usually does when the vehiculo is cold or take more than 12 hours parked, after three or four braking the sistem is normal

• Options
    bushdenbushden Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2014

I have a 2001 S10 4x4, Brakes were having intermitent issue with spongy brake pedal, I have taken it to a shop and they replaced the master cylinder, worked Ok for a week and same problem, took it back and they said rear calipers were sticking and had to be replaced, after a couple weeks problem returned, took it back and they said ABS needed to be bleed and they said they bleed them electronically ?? Never heard of that but worked OK for another 2 weeks, brakes spongy again and sometime down to the floor, took it back again and they replaced the master cylinder again, worked OK for about 3 weeks and now have problem again. They now said the ABS modulator and pump MAY need to be replaced, but truck showed NO ABS CODES, I now have about $600 into brakes and no good brakes yet. Any ideas would be appreciated. All this started about a month after they replaced a broken brake line. This is a great running truck and never gave me a problem I owned it since new.