Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 Honda Civic Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Karen@EdmundsKaren@Edmunds Posts: 5,024
edited January 28 in Honda
Welcome to Edmunds discussion dedicated to 2014 Honda Civic purchase experiences. If you have recently purchased a 2014 Civic, please share your experience here. If you have leasing questions, please visit 2014 Honda Civic Lease Questions discussion.

You can also research local dealer inventory and get pricing, reviews, features, and specifications on our 2014 Honda Civic page.

To see all forums discussions about the [insert make/model], including earlier model years, please visit our list of Honda Civic discussions.

Navigation tips: To see the most recent information and activity, make sure to visit the latest post, which may be a few pages ahead. Click the pages numbers just below to go to a new page in the discussion -- or search the entire discussion by clicking the magnifying glass icon and entering keywords.

We also invite you to share your purchase experience on Edmunds Facebook page, Share Your Story.

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

Comments

• Everyone here seems to be using OTD price. Is leasing never an good option? If you get a good OTD price, how do you convert that into a good leasing deal?

Now that some dealerships have 2014 Civics, how much discount should I expect with a 2013? The best I've seen OTD reported here was ~$17.1k-$17.3k. The best OTD for the dealerships around in W PA @6% tax is $18.3k-$18.5k. $18k is already below invoice, so how did people get that much below?

• cherylcelerycherylcelery Posts: 2
    edited December 2013

Hello,

I got a quote for $18478 OTD price for the 2014 Honda Civic LX Sedan Automatic. I am purchasing it from Orange County. Is this a good price? I also have a quote of $18395 OTD for the 2013 Honda Civic LX Sedan Automatic. I would greatly appreciate your insights!

• radar007radar007 OhioPosts: 15

Looking at 2014 Civic EX sedan in Ohio. Best price currently is $20,335 + TTL. What should be my target price for this? Are they selling these below invoice yet? I'm also considering a '13 Accord Sport that I can get for close to that I think. What do you guys think?

• radar007radar007 OhioPosts: 15
    UPDATE: just got a true car price for '14 civic EX at $19,335. Or can get '13 accord sport with 13,000 miles for $19,831? I like features on both but what would you consider a better deal?
  • PFFlyer@EdmundsPFFlyer@Edmunds Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,808

@radar007 said: UPDATE: just got a true car price for '14 civic EX at $19,335. Or can get '13 accord sport with 13,000 miles for $19,831? I like features on both but what would you consider a better deal?

Just the way we've always gone at my house... we prefer new over used. It's not that the used car is going to have guaranteed problems, but there can be issues you have to consider. The only used car we purchased in the last 30 years had about 12K on it - and we wound up driving it to about 230,000 miles - but being a manual transmission that had original been owned by someone in CT where they were doing a lot more stop and go driving, the clutch was a bit more used up than it would have been if we had owned the car from mile one. If we had kept the car for another 20-30K it was probably going to be an issue

PFFlyer@Edmunds

Moderator - Hatchbacks & Hybrid Vehicles

• veri1veri1 Posts: 6

Bought 2013 Civic LX for $16500 (OTD) in northern VA yesterday. There was an incentive of $500 for recent college grad. Hope it is good deal. This forum helped a lot on a target price.

• jm2710jm2710 Posts: 1

Yesterday I was offered a price of $20,050 OTD for a 2013 Civic EX with these dealer options priced about $2000: mud splash guards, door edge film, wheel locks, moonroof cover, dealer car care package. The car has 16" alloy wheels. The starting invoice was about $21,560 and the bottom line listed price was about $23500. They were also charging $499 for doc fee. The last OTD number quoted was $20,050 plus $750 in sales tax. Is this a good deal?? Thanks

• vmsivmsi Posts: 5

I bought a 2013 Honda Civic EXL Navi for the OTD Price of $22,100.00 [20,400 base Price + 7% state tax =1480 + 249 Doc Fee + 33 Licence Fee] all togeather i got for $22,100.00 - This is @ Honda Marrisville , Columbus Ohio.

• Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,949

Please help launch our new Facebook tab and be one of the first to share your car shopping experience.

• dottieedottiee Posts: 7
    We are buying a 2014 Civic EX-L with Navigation. It seems to be a bit rare at the moment (Jan 22) here in OC, CA. The color combo we want is not available anywhere in SoCal. We're going to wait a few weeks to see if inventory goes up. We would be happy with $24K OTD, however, per vmsi's post above, 2013 @ $22K OTD might make us more ambitious.
  • g6leaserg6leaser Posts: 48

Dottie, you should definatelly get the dealer down to $22k otd, good luck!

$22k would take lots of luck. Do you really think that's possible?

edited February 6

Dealers seem to be playing hardball at moment. Probably because of low EX-L w/Nav inventory. Either the Nav trim cars are rolling out late or Honda thinks less than 1 in 100 Civic Sedan buyers want Nav.

Nationwide Inventory

2014 Civic Sedan (17,000)

2014 Civic LX (13,449)

2014 Civic EX-L w/Nav (145)

Our trim/color combo (8)! Up from (3) last week.

Offered an internet rep $23.5k OTD for a 2014 Civic EX-L w/Nav. Denied, no counter offer.

I'm also having doubts about the negotiating powers given to internet reps. I'm guessing they are limited and a better deal can be had in person. I'm sure internet reps are dealing with lots of low-ball offers.

We'll wait until March...

• Just bought a 2014 Civic LX 4dr 19,000 OTD. Took a lot of negotiating but we did the deal

• Michaell@EdmundsMichaell@Edmunds ColoradoPosts: 1,143

@jackwalsh12 said: Just bought a 2014 Civic LX 4dr 19,000 OTD. Took a lot of negotiating but we did the deal

Can you provide a breakdown of the $19K? Selling price, taxes, fees, location. This will help others in their negotiations.

michaell@edmunds.com

Moderator, Prices Paid and Leasing Experiences

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

@cherylcelery said: Hello,

I got a quote for $18478 OTD price for the 2014 Honda Civic LX Sedan Automatic. I am purchasing it from Orange County. Is this a good price? I also have a quote of $18395 OTD for the 2013 Honda Civic LX Sedan Automatic. I would greatly appreciate your insights!

Sounds like a good deal. That would make your sale price under $17k. Did you get one?

• camjrcamjr Oceanside, CAPosts: 1

Hello everyone, new user here with a couple questions regarding a 2014 Civic Sedan EX-L w/out navigation. I'm in southern California and was wondering what price I should be shooting for on this particular model? Is it common to negotiate a car price with an internet sales manager in terms of OTD price or base price minus fees? ANY experience, tips, help, anecdotes MUCH appreciated.

edited February 11

@camjr, I'm new at this, but I'm thinking that if you do not negotiate an out the door price, the dealer can surprise you with all kinds of fees at the last minute. I would take $1k off the invoice price and run it through the Vehicle Registration Fee Calculator at dmv.ca.gov. I'm thinking $23k OTD would be a good deal for an EX-L. So, maybe shoot for $22k OTD for a great deal.

Clip1.jpg 124.1K