Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Cadillac ATS

2»

Comments

• kd1007kd1007 Member Posts: 23
    MY ATS TURBO HAS 1500 MILES MPG STILL POOR COMBINED WAY UNDER ADVERTISED

CAR IS NOT NEARLY AS FAST AS REPORTED

AND THERE IS TURBO LAG

POOR RADIO RECEPTION DEALER CANT SEEM TO FIX

I HEAR THEY ARE GOING TO PUT KNOBS BACK IN FOR CONTROLS AS MANY HAVE COMPLAINED ABOUT TOUCH SCREEN WHICH DOES NOT WORK WELL AND LOOKS LIKE A MESS WITH FINGERPRINTS

HANDLING IS VERY NICE AND LOOKS ARE GREAT

NEED PASS THRU ON TRUNK OR FOLD DOWN SEATS TRUNK IS VERY SMALL
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    Hello NewATS,

Congrats!! I'm glad to see that you're enjoying your new wheels and have such nice things to say about it. :) Many happy miles to you!

Marlea Wilson
    GM Customer Service
  • atsor3atsor3 Member Posts: 10
    edited July 2013
    Hi Marlea, glad to see GM presence here.

Back in February I received a GM Card rebate top off and some private offer at the same time. I wasn't ready to get a new car that time.

Now I am in the market, are there similar offers available? If so how to qualify for them? Also currently drive a 3 series, is there any conquest rebate?

The new 3 series is a step back in driving dynamics, and the ATS seems to be able to fill that void after back to back test drives.

Thank you.
    Hello atsor3,

I apologize for the delayed response. I am assisting Marlea here on the forum. Our current offers for the 2013 Cadillac ATS include 0% APR for 60 months for qualified buyers. Visit your local dealer for details.

Thank you for considering Cadillac! If there is anything else you have questions about please let us know.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • biggiegbiggieg Member Posts: 1
    I've had my ATS (V6/Performance package) for two months and have driven a little over 3000m miles (mostly highway).

I regularly commute and it used to be the worst part of my day, it is now the best. This car is so much fun to drive that I now look forward to the commute.

I test drove every major competitor and preferred the ride of the ATS and the North American edge to the appearance and styling. The price just made the decision even easier.

To this point, the quality of the car has met my expectations and there has been no issues requiring repair..

Im not sure what gas mileage I am getting, and I don't care; this car is too much fun to drive to be concernced about gas mileage. If gas mileage was my primary concern I would have bought a Prius. :)
    ATS V6 4,

It is great to hear you are enjoying your vehicle. Thank you for the great feedback.

Erica Tiffany
    GM Customer Care
  • glenroebuckglenroebuck Member Posts: 2
    I JUST got my ats 2.0L AWD and I have to say the mileage is abysmal. I got it because it posted a 30 mpg highway. The day after I got it Filled up on premium, and drove to see my niece go off to college. From Cleveland to Ida Michigan, all highway driving (Literally I drove straight to and from my brothers house 99% on 80 turnpike). I made it home with 3 gallons left. 302 miles. 13 gallons used. 23 MPG highway?? If I wanted to do that I would have gotten a Camaro SS....ugh.
  • robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    As with any car, it'll take about 10K miles before you will see close to the EPA numbers. Give it some time.

BTW, keep in mind the the EPA number is just an estimate and that real world will probably be less.
  • wonderwarthogwonderwarthog Member Posts: 50
    Way too much complaining about gas mileage in this car. I just bought a G37 Sport, estimates about 19-27. First month, mixed driving, about 19, after a recent trip, mostly highway, about 24. Mileage is slowly improving. I'm surprised anyone buys these cars for the gas mileage.
  • glenroebuckglenroebuck Member Posts: 2
    I actually did because it was a blend of power, luxury and mpg..sorry but I don' buy the wait a year to get that 30 mpg...the epa esitmate has to come from testing of the cars they rated correct? I can forgive a few mpg but 20% below the rated figure?? That is false advertising. Keep in mind was literally all highway miles driven - at a constat 75 mph - some 50-60 mph for construction. The day I got my Passat Diesel - the very day I drove the same stretch and got 52 mph 9 over the epa estimate....
    the epa esitmate has to come from testing of the cars they rated correct?

The EPA test is based on a very strictly controlled testing cycle that nobody in the real world can achieve. The majority of the test is done at under 50 mph and only goes over 60 for about 4 minutes. The highway test averages about 49 mph.

Drive at those speeds and you'll hit the EPA estimates right away.

I can forgive a few mpg but 20% below the rated figure?? That is false advertising.

It's not false advertising. The manufacturer is required by law to post the EPA numbers on the sticker. The manufacturer doesn't come up with them - the EPA does.
  • billherrmannbillherrmann Member Posts: 108
    Just short of 6 months my 2.0, 4 cylinder ATS has posted a VERY disappointing 18.5 mpg on almost all suburban driving.
    Estimated MPG on this car is WAY OVERSTATED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I ORDERED THE ATS TURBO FOR THE PERFORMANCE AND THE MPG BOTH HAVE DISAPPOINTED

THE CAR HAS A TURBO LAG AND ISNT THAT FAST AND THE MPG IS HARDLY BETTER THAN MY 2005 CTS WITH A 275 HP 6 CYL.

THE ATS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE MUCH LIGHTER TO GET BETTER MPG AND A 4 CYL WAS ALSO SUPPOSED TO GIVE YOU GOOD MPG

IM GETTING 20 MPG AND THATS WITH ALOT OF HWY MILES

I LIKE THE LOOKS AND HANDLING BUT THEY NEED TO KEEP WORKING ON THE ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION
    I ORDERED THE ATS TURBO FOR THE PERFORMANCE AND THE MPG
    BOTH HAVE DISAPPOINTED

THE CAR HAS A TURBO LAG AND ISNT THAT FAST AND THE MPG IS HARDLY BETTER THAN MY 2005 CTS WITH A 275 HP 6 CYL. THE ATS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE MUCH LIGHTER TO GET MPG AND A 4 CYL WAS ALSO SUPPOSED TO GIVE YOU GOOD MPG IM GETTING 20 AND THATS WITH ALOT OF HWY MILES

I LIKE THE LOOKS AND HANDLING BUT THEY NEED TO KEEP WORKING ON THE ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION

AND PASS REAR THRU SEATS SINCE TRUNK IS SOO SMALL
  • jeffm5jeffm5 Member Posts: 123
    I'd be disappointed in those numbers too. I also bought my 2013 Volvo T5 for power, luxury and because of the EPA numbers, which have been right on from the beginning. In fact, I consistently do better on the hwy. I get 30+ going around 70MPH on regular gas.

I love the looks of the ATS, but to buy one with the options I wanted just wasn't in the budget.
    DEAR CADILLAC

IM WAITING FOR MY REFUND $ CHECK SINCE YOU WAY OVERSTATED THE MPG ON MY ATS TURBO

TIME TO PAY UP LIKE FORD DID TODAY

Ford will cut the C-Max hybrid's fuel economy rating to 43 miles per gallon in combined city and highway driving from 47 mpg. The company said it also will send refund checks for $550 to customers who bought a C-Max. Customers who leased the car will get refunds of $325.
  • artmbgolfartmbgolf Member Posts: 57
    The EPA does testing to determine the MPG figures, they don't just estimate basd on the car. True it's not real world driving. We can wonder if cars submitted are driven 5,000 miles first, but I bet they make sure that car is running perfectly.

To see about what your car can do for MPG Highway, drive on a Flat road, at 60 mph, using cruise control, with proper tire inflation, then look at the Instant MPG number. Using any type of combined MPG is confusing.

I still have a 2007 CTS 3.6 V6, that gets 25 MPG with that test, which is close to it's EPA. I don't remember having to break it in for 5,000 miles to do that.

I am posting here because I have been looking at the ATS and this is my first forum reading about ATS. I remember that in the CTS forum, there were always a few posting about poor MPG, but that doesn't mean it's every ATS. If you are buying off the lot, do a test drive like I recommended and see if that car, or any of the cars you test drive, gets close to the EPA. Buy the car that is close enough to EPA for you.
  • artmbgolfartmbgolf Member Posts: 57
    Seats: As you move up from base to Lux, to Perf, more movements are added. The padding seems to be the same on each.

Headlights: Need Perf or Prem for HID and the signature lights.

CD Player: Need Perf or Prem or 10 speaker sound added to Base/Lux.

Magnetic Ride, FE3 Suspension, Summer Tires: Premium And RWD.
    The Prem AWD does not have Mag Ride.

Trunk: Most cars this size have larger trunks. Golf clubs (1 set) does now fit straight across from taillight to taillight.
  • ls8ls8 Member Posts: 16
    Took delivery on mine a little over a week ago. Opened it up on some mountain roads and it is scary fast and handles extemely well. Coming back home at normal highway speeds i got 32 mpg on the 50 mile trip. Around town got low 20's in first week. CUE took a couple of days to get used to but love it now and it makes the whole interior of my previous 528 look ancient. Absolute blast to drive.
  • newatsnewats Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2013
    Wondering what to put on my ATS for this winter. Live in The Northeast and will travel South for one or two months this winter.

Turbo, AWD. Driven by a grandmother. Love the turbo!

I am assuming the stock tires are a "no go".
  • jpfjpf Member Posts: 496
    I assume you have alloy wheels. I suggest 4 steel rims and 4 snow tires (e.g. Blizzak). Good luck.
    May I suggest some Nokian WRG2 or WRG3 on some dedicated rims.

They are an all season snow tire and should be able to deal with the warmer weather for the time down south.
  • eliaselias Member Posts: 2,209
    Enjoy that caddy, KD. And expect 10% better mpg after the engine breaks-in.
    Some cars power the cig lighter when ignition is off.
    Others not. (Oh, the humanity.)

ps - A good way to save the planet and conserve power is to avoid the caps-lock key and all those capital letters since they use way more power than lower-case due to all the extra pixels.
  • blackatsblackats Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2013

Just bought a 2013 ATS 2.0T AWD about a month ago! What a phenomenal car!!!! The engine and chassis are a blast, very willing, smooth and energetic. The car begs to be pressed hard, it's difficult to drive slowly :).

I have the 18" rims with 40 series tires, handles fine in the snow (don't forget to change it to the snow setting).

I don't understand the complaints on CUE, works very easily, all you have to know is that the metal "guide bar" is a guide bar and not the actual button, you need to press the black area above the guide bar with the PAD of your finger, not the tip. Works 100% every time when used properly. The voice activated controls work very easily as well & pairing to my iPhone was simple (vs. the multistep process in my wife's new Jeep Grand Cherokee).

As others have noted the back seat and trunk are small, but it's a small car, so it's to be expected.

Gas mileage falls short of the 20/30, but I've read in several places that after the first oil change things should improve.

Radio reception is fine in my car, not sure what the complaints are about on this forum, of course it could just be that guy that keeps whining via threatening class action lawsuits and writing in caps....

This is NOT the old, cushy Cadillac of 20 years ago. It is a drivers car, so if you are looking for a soft, cushy ride you need to look elsewhere.

Awesome car all around, I look forward to any chance to drive it!!!!!

And nice touch GM with the 110 years of Cadillac history book, it was unexpected!!!!!

• knackllknackll Member Posts: 21
    edited January 2014

I couldn't agree more with Blackats, I just got my ATS Premium 3.6 AWD Black Raven and what a car it is! This vehicle is quick! I too don't see the issues with the CUE. I get in the vehicle and my phone pairs & functions flawlessly. This is a very exciting car to drive. The ride is awesome! The AWD works perfectly. If I had any complaints (which I don't) it would be about the lack of an option for cooled seats. Other than that, I struggle to find a better car out there for me. I also was surprised to receive my history book. Very Nice!
    Proud to be a Cadillac owner!

• amiicamiic Member Posts: 1

Greetings,

I currently have the 2013 ATS 2.0T. I have been dealing with the dealers and GM for the past year with an issue that I should not be experiencing with a new car and have some more information that I would like to share and if possible get some feed back.
    When the car is at a stop and no matter what the transmission is in, it be park, Drive, manual, it has a ruff idle. I could only explain this as being on some sort of a roller coaster or feeling like your in a truck which I would expect. It bucks and sways as if it feels its going to die and before the first update it did while I was driving and second time at a light.
    I have been to 2 dealers with this issue and have had 2 updates, mounts replaced and who knows what else they have done with no luck. they also were kind enough to give me a fuel cleaner additive but really, need this on a new car? I only buy gas from know names such as Shell, Chevron and mobile to no avail thinking it might be because of that.
    It appears that they want to do a sensor test or some kind of diagnostic on the car where I have to press a button every time it happens but have explained that the issue is always happening at idle.
    I have had multiple people sit in the car as well and they have noticed it as well.
    Now after all the loaners, it is an issue only with the 2.0T. The 3 and any other Cadillac does not have this issue. I also received a 2014 2.0T that had it but it was very faint. guess because it only had 300 or so miles on it.
    This is besides all the rest of the minor issues experiencing suck as double vision displays, power steering going out, Radio turns off and back on by itself and just the other day almost did not start.
    Chase from Edmunds has been a big help in contacting Jason K. who did the extended road test and noticed it as well.
    At this point I think GM thinks I just want out of the car. This could be further from the truth. I made a decision to get an American car. I was planning on buying the car for my mother to enjoy and picking up another Cadillac for myself.
    To add to that they have made me feel like I am at fault. This has definitely made me reconsider my next purchase. I know to many people that ask me recommendations for cars and wish I had better news for them.

So for those that have the 2.0T, let me know if you have an idle issue.

Thank you.

M

• jvfjvf Member Posts: 1

Is anyone having engine problems? I got a 2013 ats less than a week ago the check engine light came on and it started smoking I called on star they said to get it to a dealership ASAP i only have 600 miles on this car..this incident is going to appear on my car fax which is not good..I don't want this car..does anyone know if there is something I can do to get a new car? I've read other blogs ppl saying the same problem with engine resulting engine being rebuilt :/ this is my 3rd Cadillac only one has been a great vehicle I'm starting to rethink my next purchase not happy :(

• blackatsblackats Member Posts: 2

Over 3,000 trouble free miles on my 2.0T, smooth idle, no smoking, just a pleasure to own. Sorry to hear you are having issue jvf and amiic. It's such a great car, give Cadillac a chance to fix them. All cars have issues, I know many people BMW's with cracked engine blocks, Toyota's needing complete engine rebuilds due to sludge buildups that Toyota refuses to acknowledge, etc.

• trellsworthtrellsworth Member Posts: 24
    edited April 2014

I just bought the 2013 Cadillac ats, when the door is open the mileage reads 14,112 and when the door is closed the mileage reads 28,221 Anyone else having same thing happen? Wondering if that means anything.

• cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,506
    edited April 2014

It means that two months have passed since the last post on this board, and that your electronics are, well, messed up.

If you think dozens of people with ATSs are carefully monitoring this board every day, you may want to reconsider.

'08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester

@trellsworth said:
    I just bought the 2013 Cadillac ats, when the door is open the mileage reads 14,112 and when the door is closed the mileage reads 28,221 Anyone else having same thing happen? Wondering if that means anything.

Hi trellsworth,

It sounds like quite a dilemma! Have you consulted with your dealership service advisor? Please let me know if you need assistance. Thanks.

Kenneth M.
    GM Customer Care

• hedhuntr1963hedhuntr1963 Member Posts: 1
    Have 7000 miles on mine. Rear seals went somewhere during 8 hours of driving around 5000 miles.Replaced by dealer, leaked again at 6000. CTS has same problems. It's shame that I can buy a BMW, Toyota and beat the heck of it and an american luxury performance has a problem in thousands of miles that never show up after hundreds of thousands of miles in other cars. CUE is truly terrible but overall ( I don't know how that much engineering could go into something so bad), assuming the rear doesn't go out on me, the car was a bargain for what they give you. Handling is better than other cars at $20k more (although none of them approach the balance and handling of my old 335i when they still had hydraulic assist and sport tuning) leather is great, little hidden compartment behind the radio is cool. Trunk is terribly small but it's a sports car. Mileage is not great but I get 23-24 mixed according to the computer and i drive it very hard.
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,506
    edited May 2015
    You, along with the history of this board, are monuments to the notion that the many posters are people with "issues." Until yours, there wasn't a post on this board for over a year. It's not as if a multitude of happy people are letting us know how wonderful the ATS is, all exchanging happy anecdotes. This board is deader than Elvis, like many of the Edmunds boards. Or, maybe it's the car. Either way, you're probably talking to a vacuum.

Welcome.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester