Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Toyota Highlander model year end prices

jdh14jdh14 Member Posts: 1
edited January 2014 in Toyota

Hi,

Am looking to buy a 2013 Highlander Limited trim and wondering if someone can please provide me guidelines into price negotiations for such a scenario i.e. buying a previous year's model. How much % / $ off of MSRP would be a good price here? Any similar experiences that you can share?

Thanks,

Comments

• saratogastevesaratogasteve Member Posts: 186

they are advertising 2013 highlanders in my local paper (San Jose Mercury) at $6,488 off MSRP - that includes $2,000 from the factory and the rest is from the dealer. There's still quite a bit of inventory out there with a decent selection. I'm really tempted to pull the trigger - I love the 2014 model, but my Honda Pilot is a 2005 and the 2013 is a big upgrade for me and the clearance pricing is hard to pass up. The dealership was Gilroy Honda - but I'm guessing others would match that - who knows maybe they'll beat it??

• cheapjackcheapjack Member Posts: 26

That sounds about right. The TrueCar price in my area (Houston) shows a savings of $5,967 below MSRP not including a dealer incentive of $500. If one can get the dealer to pass on his incentive to the customer, the total would come to $6467 off MSRP...same as you.

Regarding lease, Toyota is currently offering a lease of $1999 down and $279/month for 24 months assuming a NET CAPITALIZED COST of $26,706. If I now get the dealer to agree on $23,836, does that extra $2,870 get reduced in the down payment/monthly payments? For example, could I now pay $0 down instead of the $2000 and also reduce the total monthly payments by $870 over 24 months (resulting in $243/month)?

• itsrajeshitsrajesh Member Posts: 10
    edited February 2014

Hi,

Just want to understand - if the disccount of $6.0k to $6.5k that dealers are offering on 2013 Highlanders, is that along with 5yr loan at zero APR?

@cheapjack said:
    That sounds about right. The TrueCar price in my area (Houston) shows a savings of $5,967 below MSRP not including a dealer incentive of $500. If one can get the dealer to pass on his incentive to the customer, the total would come to $6467 off MSRP...same as you.

Alright people...I finally got my 2013 Highlander base model for, what I feel, was a steal! I was able to lease it for $0 down and $264/month for 24 months with a $350 disposition fee due at the end of the lease. I calculated backwards and think the sale price worked out to be $24,550 on the a MSRP of $30,025. This is the absolute best deal I could find on the car and bought it from a dealer 1.5 hrs. outside of Houston since the "city" dealers didn't want to negotiate much because they are in a high demand area. The dealer was nice enough to deliver the car to me and told me that they do this often since they sell mostly over the internet. The best offer I go in Houston was $364/month for the same car. I suggest that everyone should get the best quote from their nearest dealer and then call up dealers outside major cities as they are willing to work on smaller margins. Don't believe a word of what these dealers tell you. Things like "I'll be losing money if I sell below this price", "I'm down to my nubs on this price, Can't go lower". It's all BS. I beat the "down to my nubs price" by $2400!!!

• cheapbargainercheapbargainer Member Posts: 2

@cheapjack - Which dealership did you go to in Houston for this deal? $5475 off MSRP is great!

edited July 2014

@cheapbargainer - It's Atkinson Toyota, Bryan, TX. I was dealing with a Aaron D[non permissible content removed]

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,050

@cheapjack said:
    cheapbargainer - It's Atkinson Toyota, Bryan, TX. I was dealing with a Aaron D[non permissible content removed]

I'm sorry, we don't allow for last names and contact information to be posted. I've edited your comment to comply.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4