Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon Body Issues

lmc24lmc24 Posts: 1
Please tell me I am not the only one... My driver side window came off track right after purchasing this truck, next my passenger side window came off track. It took the dealership three days to "fix" now my passenger side window is off track again and my warrantee is up! Is anyone else having similar issues?

Comments

• Yes i have a 2004 colorado and last month i noticed water in driver side floorboard and removed my carpet to get water out and found a leak it is coming through behind the gas pedal from the firewall i cant get to outside part of the firewall to fix it and G.M wont fix it even though two dealers told me it was because of lack of factory sealant that it was leaking someone please help me because i have lost all faith in GM products.
  • dmathews3dmathews3 Posts: 1,739
    Come on the darn truck is 5 years old. Do you think they are going to fix it forever. Go to the auto parts store, explain your problem and buy some stuff to fix it or pay a repairman to do the job for ya. Or you could buy a Toyota truck where they are buying them back with a secret so to speak recall due to rusting frames that are dangerous. :lemon:
  • ralkaralka Posts: 72
    they had leaks from the plennum seams under the wiper motor, r/r the wiper motor and seal the seam from drivers to pass side. (Directly below the motor)
  • jefterjefter Posts: 1
    They leak up in the cowl, and have you will have to remove the cowl filler under the wipers to seal. Mine filled up with water four times, and GM failed to fix it multiple times under warranty. Traded the P.O.S. in, sure hope you didn't get it. I say call GM and press for repair, there are warranty claims on this issue. Have them check in Missouri and Kansas for claims. Tried more than one dealership, and was told they couldn't find the leak. I took the truck apart and hosed it down outside at the windshield base and watched the water seep in.
  • So I've seen that there is a problem with the leaks in the Colorado. Does anyone know if the dealer will help fix the leak if the warranty is up? :cry:
  • We have a 2005 GMC Canyon
    Rain keeps leaking and running down the inside back window
    We tried to seal the seam right above the window but it
    still leaks.
    Seems to be coming from the roof itself.

Anyone else have this problem?
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,062
    Hello Loco_motion,
    Have you had any look at the problem for you? I would recommend having a dealership look at the concern so it doesn't do any real damage to the vehicle. Thank you,
    Mariah GM Customer Service
  • ohcoloradoohcolorado Posts: 9
    edited August 2010
    What is leaking is a defective gasket on the roof brake light. Remove the light see if you can re-glue the gasket to the light housing, use some clear silicone. I found this problem myself, after I was charged to have my rear window resealed! It is not the window. Also check under your carpet...the insulation is probably wet, and will need to be dried out. It may rust and/or mold! But it is the light leaking!
  • You are correct. I did take it to the dealer and had it fixed under warranty
    Thank you for the tip on the carpet. I will check it out.
  • The problem with dealerships is most mechanics...oops..(technicians) don't have problem solving skills anymore, if they can't plug in tech2 to get an answer, they are out of luck! The thinkers are all gone...now it is parts replacers!
    All you good mechanics that are still hanging on know what I mean!
    Dealerships are run by numbers, not customer first--customer satisfaction! The good old days are over! Now, it is Pay Pay Pay!
    Even if it ain't fixed!
  • i have a 2005 coloardo and have problems with the seal aroud the overhead light/brake light that is mounted on the rear of the cab. three times now i have had to pull the entire inside of the cab out to vaccum the wter out and dry my carpet out. of course my warranty has expired now and have gone to several dealers to try and find out if there has been any type of recall. on all occassions, I got the same answer. NO!!!!!
    but they do not hesitate to try to sell you a new one. why the hell should i buy a new one if they have not corredted the problem in the first place!!!!!!!!!!!!

SIGNED; another consumer who is rapidlly losing faith in the way AMERICAN companies are outsourcing for cheaper labor. part is probably made in MEXICO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    gfiendel,
    I apologize you are having concerns with your vehicle. Will you please e-mail me your username, request, complete contact information including a good number to reach you, VIN, current mileage, and involved dealer? I would like to look into this further for you.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • i to have a chevy coloardo and having same problem with brake light . i spoke with Reggie at chevy customer service office and explained the problem. His response was that they are not aware of this. anyone out there who is looking to help bring this to thier attention, can e-mail me at gfiendel@cox.net.
    gfiendel,
    Have you taken your vehicle to the dealer? If not I would recommend doing so.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • I just got a phone call with the bill for the very same problem After a week and multiple phone calls, the dealer said it was the rear brake light seal, the back window seal and the drivers side door seal. All at the same time? Give me a break. $800.00 in seals and labor with only 42,000 miles. This is my third Chevy in a row and i'm done. I'm switching brands.
  • I have a 2004 quad cab Canyon and had a leak near the back window as well. I read on another forum about the 3rd brake light and decided to take a look. One forum mentioned repairing it with Frost King door foam.

Once I pulled the light it was evident why I was getting the leak in the headliner on the one side. First off my truck is in the driveway in the same spot and it tilts to one side. Anyway behind the 3rd brake light is a channel and the water was getting in and just finding the lowest spot to come out.

Anyway, I used the Frost King to make a new gasket as the original one caved in around the middle light sockets. After performing this repair it rain like heck in the northeast, actually Irene came to town, and guess what . . . no leaks.

To help my cause because I was unsure how long it was leaking I took a local mechanic's advise and put my home dehumidifier in the truck over night with the windows cranked up. Next morning there was a 12oz glass of water in the bucket. I feel much better knowing that there is less moisture in the truck, but I still have some concern that mildew will occur.
  • I own a 2010 Colorado. Every winter since new , I have had the vehicle in for service in a attempt to seal the vehicle to prevent water and salt from entering the vehicle .4 x the dealership has removed the interior, sealed the vehicle and assured me "this will resolve the issue" I have had promises , and assurances from customer service when I voiced my concerns about future electrical issues and the vehicle rusting out. The last time I requested another vehicle , I was assured by Customer Service they would do everything they could. I received a voucher for a oil change and wheel rotation. GM doesn't care about the problems I will be faced going forward , and only dealing with the current problem. I took my vehicle to another dealership recently , as last week I received it back after yet another attempt to seal the car. The dealership I took it to , wouldn't do anything for me as they stated my vehicle is past the 3 year warranty , even though I assured them GM had advised me to take my truck to whoever I wanted for service . I have lost all faith in GM products after exclusively owning a GM product my entire life , over 30 years of driving 4 attempts by dealerships / 4 failures I understand why GM and the other 2 automakers are no longer referred to as the Big 3 , but now referred to as the Detroit 3
    These photos were taken last year before repairs .Notice the rust on the seat rails. The vehicle has been in for "repairs " 2 x since then for the same issue.

Hello derrick65,

I do apologize that your experience with your Colorado has caused you to feel this way. I would be happy to look into your situation further. If this is something you would like my assistance with please reach out via email at socialmedia@gm.com, Attn: Jonathan A. with your name, address, phone number, VIN, current mileage, and involved dealership.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Jonathan A. GM Customer Care

• I am in the same situation as derrick65. 2010 Colorado. Photos look identical. Also had a leased 2008 that did the same thing in the winter. Had it looked at by the dealer last summer. Took it in 3 times cause each time they either couldn't find the leak or said they they found it and fixed it but they didn't. Carpet has salt ring all around the driver side foot well, bolt that secures the seat belt to the frame completely rusted. Asked for it to be changed out and replace the seat belt last summer but they wouldn't do it. Now I just opened file with GM Customer Care but they said they don't think my Total Plus warranty will cover leaks. If you have similar issues please post it and keep posting about how it is being dealt with so we maybe can help each other.

Hi bmac44ca,

We're sorry to hear that this issue with your Colorado has gone unresolved. We would be happy look more into this concern and work towards a possible resolution. Please feel free to private message, or email us your full contact information, VIN, mileage and dealership if you would like our assistance. Our email address is socialmedia@gm.com [attn Amber]. Please reference your screen name as well.

Thank you,

Amber N. GM Customer Care