Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Saturn Aura Transmission Issues

124»

Comments

• missjimissji MichiganPosts: 2
    I had the same problem in May 2013 and had to have my transmission rebuilt. Cost me $2,500. I emailed GM last week and just spoke with someone today who said he checked my VIN and there are no known transmission issues with the car, basically I shouldn't believe what I read on the Internet about what anyone else says about THEIR car, there is nothing they can do but that they are documenting owners problems and IF there is some remedy offered at a later date they will be in touch. Prior to this car, I owned two other GM vehicles and was a faithful buyer. Not anymore - this has frustrated me to no end and then to be told that as far as they can tell this is not a known issue despite all of the owners who are experiencing this problem is over the top. One earlier poster recommended that we go to the NHTSA website and file a safety concern. I did that as well. GM really needs to own up to this problem and reimburse those of us who have paid for these repairs.

Update - I just listened to a message from someone ELSE at GM who says the case was sent to her this evening. I will be calling her back in the morning and will post an update then.

::: JI ::: GM, please reimburse us for the cost of transmission repairs on the 2007 Saturn Aura.

• raukkraukk Posts: 1

I have the 2008 Aura XE and the Transmission Shift Cable broke, however according to the Dealership Technician it is the wrong end of the cable to be covered under the recall (it's the end that attaches to the Transmission when the recall was for the end at the firewall). Because of this they have to replace the whole Shift Cable. Is there anything I can do because this part has already had issues that caused a recall, or do I just have to live with paying for it? I've done all the normal maintenance since I bought it in '12, 85k miles (or somewhere around there) Vin 1G8ZS57N98F233975

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 45,259

Best thing you can do is pay for it, keep the receipts and petition for a refund from the factory. Customer Service does have some discretionary goodwill funding. What an annoying bit of penny-pinching, weasel-like behavior on GM's part. I think the dealer made the wrong decision but they don't want to be stuck with a kick-back on the claim.

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,130

Hi raukk,

We're sorry to hear that this happened with your Aura. Please let us know if you would like for us to look further into this concern for you. If our assistance is needed, please send an email to socialmedia@gm.com. In the email please include your full contact information, VIN, current mileage and the involved dealership. We look forward to hearing from you.

Kristen A. GM Customer Care

• missjimissji MichiganPosts: 2
    edited March 4

Updating my 2/25 post. GM is very well aware of the problem with this vehicle but refuses to cover any repairs outside of the warranty. After speaking with 2 people at GM and the service manager at the dealer, they still declined to give any refund (surprise, surprise), but the service manager unwittingly gave me a lot of helpful information that I will be taking BACK to GM about this vehicle's transmission problem. Oh, he also gave me an offer for $1,000 off a new GM car. Umm, HELLO I just spent $2,500 to fix this one, why would I want another one? So I can pay a grip to fix that one too? I'm so utterly disgusted with GM at this point. VERY disappointed in my hometown manufacturer.

::: JI ::: GM, please reimburse us for the cost of transmission repairs on the 2007 Saturn Aura.

• krackalkrackal Posts: 1

Well, The Wave plate issue seems to have hit me this last week. Took it in to our local service shop (not a dealer, but someone we trust and ASE certified). It is looking like at least $3100 out of pocket, and that means carpool for a while to be able to afford this. My fiance and I both love the Aura and this has come as quite a blow. After a year of ownership and only 66,000 miles, the car is down for most likely months. Totally bummed out.

• dumontdunerdumontduner Posts: 1
    I have a 2008 Saturn aura xr with 127k miles and I believe I have the failed wave plate issue. It was shifting hard from passing gear back to normal gear at first but last night it wouldn't shift past 1st and I have no reverse. The check engine light came on with 4 codes. P0776 p0700 p0776pd and p0700pd I sent an email with info and vin number to gm customer service. I don't see why they think we should pay for this when it's obvious it's a bad part and not a lack of maintenance or normal wear and tear.
124»